(Close Window)
Topic: Will Rogers snap knot
This is a first for me and not really my style, but I greatly appreciate the opportunity to receive constructive criticism, so I'm posting a few little clips tonight- no routines- just little bits. My sister and I were out filming snippits for a magicalaurie indie movie yesterday. ;) Thanks very much to the folks who'll take the time to have a look. Look forward to hearing your thoughts.

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=2030742167
Nice knot. Did you learn the Will Rogers Snap Knot from Dennis Loomis Knot Routine Plus DVD? If you haven't seen Dennis snap a knot with a rope in both hands, its worth a look. I know how difficult that knot is to master and when you get it down it is very satisfying. Good job.

What type of rope are you using?

Dan
Hey Dan,

Thanks very much. I learned the trick from a juggling book at my local library. ;) I'll check out Dennis Loomis. I saw a thread here not too long ago on the knot and it mentioned trying with a rope in each hand. I'll be pursuing that, indeed.

The rope I'm using is my raggedy practice rope- cut from a kid's 14 foot skipping rope. Has a core. Appreciate your feedback. Thanks again.
To magicalaurie,
Congratulations. I took a look at your video very well done. Reminds me of Will Rogers technique which you can see briefly on my DVD. I use a somewhat shorter rope, but I think your's is stiffer. I find learning to do this easiest with a very limber rope. But you are proof that it can be done with a longer, stiffer rope.
Best Wishes,
Dennis Loomis
Good one.
Thankyou thankyou. ;)

Appreciate you guys taking a look.
Very cool.

~John
Thanks very much, John. Appreciated.
That was really well done. I had never seen it done that way. I have a different way, that works for me with a shorter rope.
I like your coin roll clip too...
Thanks for checking 'em out, Pete. :)
http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=23454928

Demo of snap knot with the left hand. Hoping to get the right and left together soon for the double.