(Close Window)
Topic: Help! --Dollarama vs. Hundy 500 vs. Slow Burn?
I use Bob King's Dollarama. Is Dollarama just an older dog that does the same trick? Please...Can anyone give me a comparison? I just hate duplicating what I already have?

Thanks
I have the same question. Dollarama appears quite similiar to the effects :hamburger:
Hundy 500 is really good. Greg Wilson rocks!!!
Evan, What is the main difference between them?
Do a search on Slow Burn vs. Hundy 500
"Do a search on Slow Burn vs. Hundy 500"

I did and it seems that no one states the main differences. As a matter of fact there was a link in another thread but all it did was show the audience and not the effect.

From the threads I did read it seems to be the same.
biggest difference, gman, is sudden reveal v. slower reveal.
Again, the question is........comparison please between Bob King's Dollarama and Hundy 500? --- not Hundy vs. Slow burn.

thanks..
I don't now Dollarama but i just bpouhgt slow burn and Hundy500 IMHO Slow burn was not as good as Hundy500. Buy Hundy500 you'll have a very good explanation of the effect and you will learn some subtleties which i find very important on that DVD too.
Dollarama comes complete and ready to go, with some scary real dollar bill copies, and the effect is changing coupons into dollar bills instantly. Slow Burn is a slow, visual change. I don't have Hundy500, but I like Slow Burn over Dollarama. Slow Burn....9/10 Dollarama....8/10 :P
I've seen all three and although I have used Dollarama to great reactions over the years, I just switched to Hundy 500 which is better than Slow Burn, IMHO. The primary reason I switched is the angle-free, open, slow handling that is possible with Hundy 500 along with the startling change that occurs right in front of the spectator's eyes.
Forgive me guys, but does Hundy 500 come with gimmicked one hundred dollar bills?
(I don't have them just lying around)

Thanks,
Steve
Hi Steve

It doesn't come with gimmicked $100 bills. If you aren't rich enough - like many of us poor people then you can use any other value of $ bills.

Cheers
jimesw
http://www.thehungersite.com
I haven't got the other two, but Slow Burn is an excellent effect. It bears noting that angle problems that have been mentioned in this and other threads are a bit overstated. While I would find it difficult to perform if completely surrounded, it's really only people standing behind me that would cause me any trouble. Overall, it's pretty angle-friendly.