(Close Window)
Topic: The Infinity thread...Rudy Sanchez
Ok, I know many of you have been awaiting my review for The Infinity thread. I have purposley delayed my review due to wanting to do a barrage of more tests to really test this puppy out. I am now happy to share my findings.

I have been apart of the thread world since I was 15 (31 now)so as an expert on thread and thread work I have tested a plethera of thread and thread manufactuers in the past/present. I, like others started out with what we commonly know as Invisible thread. This usually comes in a spool or around a playing card. The tedious work it takes to strip one piece from 100 is in the beginning a tireless effort..but with practice and dedication the rewards are astounding. Now the problem that arises is that you will quickly find out that using this type of thread can be restrictive due to the tention of the thread. If you are not careful the thread can break very easily. This is because you cannot feel the tention point on the thread and it just snaps without warning..anyone who has worked with regular thread for 2 minutes knows what I am talking about. All of your effort and work has gone into stripping and waxing and positioning the thread and SNAP!! That is why SO many people stay away from thread work all together.

Enter IET (Invisible Elastic Thread)...

Now we have a freedom like we did not before. IET allows you to have more of a directional freedom that conventional Thread did not. But now the problem is that this type of thread was not readily available to the public and it was only known to a few underground clicks (84ish-90ish). But then when it did become public it was another tedious task of cutting and stripping
the thread from now...pantyhose! (I had a lot of talks with my mom at that time).

Enter Finn John/ Yigal Mesika...

Both pioneered the thread world like no other. Once Finn game Yigal his blessing and right to LOOPS (IET that is tied into a loop) Yigal made IET common among the masses (still only a few would actually work with LOOPS due to the common pitfalls with most thread before it).

Enter Yigals IET Dispenser...

I have to say..before I was given The Infinity thread by Rudy (thanks Rudy) I was a staunch user of Yigals dispenser I mean here is finally the answer..one piece of 100 ft of IET in a dental floss style dispenser, no stripping, no mess..just pull and your done.

But then came the Infinity Thread.... I have NEVER seen a thread like this in all my yrs of thread work.
First the quanity..

Are you kidding me..look at this thing,, (image below)

I have never seen so much IET in my life at one time. Each time I look at it a tear forms on my eye...

The Product...

Hands down this is THE BEST IET EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER.
It is stronger than anything on the market..

It stretches 5-6 times more than what is on the market right now...

It works in ALL kinds of light as long as it is not back lit (like all thread..)

It is DIRT easy to strip (Breaks down in to just 3 pieces not 100 so there is no confussion..and strips like string cheese thanks Ron)

And you get enough thread to last over...well lets put it this way you all know I am a Christian and if Christ wants to see some magic when he comes back I will be able to show HIM some great stuff (of course the downside is he will know how it's done..but that's not the point!)

I have changed my mind on the nature of the IET I use now.
I give a A+++++ to The Infinity Thread hands down. To all of you who do Thread work you must get The Infinity thread. To those of you who do not but would like to, THE Infinity thread is the best IET for amatuers because of the ease of its workability.

I will no longer use the dispenser because I have been Introduced to Infinity.
The Cloak which comes out in July, all my LOOPS workshops, will now be switched over to The Infinity Thread...

Justin N. Miller
The "Master" has spoken!
WOW!

And it's great service too... They offer a FREE sample of the thread so you can test it before you buy it...

Check out the quote from their page [ here: http://magicjax.com/infinity/ ]

[quote]To receive a free sample of the Infinity thread (Approximately 2 feet). Send a self address and stamped envelope to:
Infinity Thread Sample
1007 Hazard
Kalamazoo Michigan
[/quote]

I'm definetly going to get my free sample. =]
-Vinnie
How does this stuff compare to Silk Worm thread?

Anyone interested in shipping me a sample of the Infinity thread? (hey Mr. Miller?) ;)
[quote]
On 2007-05-29 23:05, RabbitInDaHat wrote:

Anyone interested in shipping me a sample of the Infinity thread? (hey Mr. Miller?) ;)
[/quote]

As in Vinnie's post, go to http://magicjax.com/infinity/ and send a self addressed stamped envelope to Ron Jaxon. The instructions on a sample are at the bottom of the page.
[quote]
On 2007-05-29 23:05, RabbitInDaHat wrote:
How does this stuff compare to Silk Worm thread?

[/quote]

Hello RabbitInDaHat,
Please send me your address. I will send you a sample then please tell all of us how the two compare?

"Inquiring Minds want to know"

Rudy
I've checked out the Silkworm thread today at my local magic shop.....pretty crazy stuff. 1 inch stretches to about 7-8 inches, and it's fairly strong (I was able to lift up about 20 cards with a single strand).

Curious to see how this thread compares.

Are there any plans on selling it in smaller spools? The price is rather high (even though it's MORE THAN ENOUGH for anyone's use)....but if the spool was smaller, priced less, I would definitely buy some.
Hi,
I don't have any plans for now to sell smaller packages but many people that have been purchasing have been buying in groups so see if your friends want any and that one package won't seem to cost so much!

Send me your address so you can test this, I will pay for the postage.

Rudy
I found this "thread" by searching for Silk Worm.
I'm new to thread, and just received my Silk Worm. I've got the tying method down pat...I can make a loop in seconds.

But half the time it breaks just taking it off my wrist!

Am I doing something wrong, or is this just not good thread?
I just read some of the other info about Infinity Thread. I see I'm not the only one who wishes there was a smaller quantity available for less $$$.

If anyone wants to sell a partial spool, I'd be interested.
Hi Mitch,
Send me your email address and I will send you my tyeing instructions. Maybe that will help.

Good luck!

Rudy
You can make 633,600 Loops loops with this if your loops were 6 inches long *cough* I did the short math
Mr. Sanchez

Do you ship the samples to Canada ? Also if the tying instructions are available seeing as how I don't know how to tie the loops. I'm looking into a spool but would like to test out your product first.
Magicman,

I've been using the Million Dollar Knot method from Penguin, and it's FAST and very easy. You can make 2-3 loops per minute.
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Jun 2, 2007 05:22PM)
The Million Dollar Knot thread is not good at all. I would just get the Ben Harris IET. It is 200 feet in a dispenser for only about $25. It also comes with I think 8 routines.
Just checking,
will this be available more commercially via a secure Credit Card payment website?
Thanks in advance
Theodore
[quote]
On 2007-06-03 00:53, erodoeht wrote:
Just checking,
will this be available more commercially via a secure Credit Card payment website?
Thanks in advance
Theodore
[/quote]

Hi Theodore,
You can buy this at...
http://www.brownbeauty.org
I accept paypal and all International shipments are an additional $9.00. I ship out USPS International Priority.

Thanks,

Rudy
First of all. Awesome review Justin.

[quote]
On 2007-06-02 18:22, THEGUY26 wrote:
It is 200 feet in a dispenser for only about $25.
[/quote]

I just want to point this out because some have questioned the price of Infinity thread. The above pretty much explains the price. "$25 for 200 feet". I can't even fathom how many 200 feet lengths you can pull off a spool of the Infinity. Take four 200 foot lengths off the Infinity spool and I doubt you'll even notice any has been taken form it. That would be like taking $100 worth form the spool and you'd hardly even notice.

Ron Jaxon
I got my spool of Infinity Thread today and I am still sitting here in awe of the size of the thing. It is HUGE, in fact, HUGE does not do the size justice.

The problem I am having with it right now is finding the end of the thread to get started. There is sort of a spider web coming off the side but I have not been able to get to the end yet.
Hi John,
That which you call "spider web" is just the loose thread that has fallen off the circumference of the package. You can just take that and throw it away (you will not even notice it missing) or you can work with it and practice your loop tying with this portion. Once you remove it you will be left with a solid package and the thread will now be on the circumference of the package. To locate the end of the thread just hold the package in one hand and blow on the outside while rotating the spool. You will find the end which will blow off the package and you will be good to go. Even throwing away that initial portion, there is more thread than you will ever be able to use!

If you keep the thread in a cool dark area it will last longer than you!

Good luck with your "Infinity" IET!

Rudy
[quote]
On 2007-06-06 20:47, JohnH wrote:
The problem I am having with it right now is finding the end of the thread to get started. [/quote]

Jeesh... Good luck!

I remember this happened with my IET that I got with No String's Attatched [The House]. Luckily, I sent it back and they sent me a new one free of charge. All is well now. =]

-Vinnie
[quote]
On 2007-06-06 21:08, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
[quote]
Jeesh... Good luck!

I remember this happened with my IET that I got with No String's Attatched [The House]. Luckily, I sent it back and they sent me a new one free of charge. All is well now. =]

-Vinnie

[/quote]

No luck involved! Follow my instructions and you will have no problem.

Rudy
I've found it how Rudy explain by blowing on it. I've also kind of rubbed my hand along it "lightly" and it fell free.

You might want to do yourself a favor and store it in a zip lock bag. That's what I use. It just protects it form getting snagged on anything.

In fact I just made a video of me finding the lost end. You can check it out [url=http://flixn.com/play/kolpoo/]here[/url]. It's a webcam video and it'll load fast. It's also a good chance for you all to see just how big this spool really is.

Ron Jaxon
While I had the camera out I figured I'd make a quick one to show how the Infinity Thread strips. It's not easy to see even though I zoomed in as much as I can with bright lighting and a white background. But I hope the actions of my hands are enough to show you how it's stripped. To begin you'll see me scrap it between my finger and thumb nails to fray the ends. Then I grab the end of the strands and I just pull them apart.

[url=http://flixn.com/play/9nlns7/]Click here to see that video[/url]

Ron Jaxon
Hi,
This is my first post. Usually, I just like to sit back and see what everyone else has to say. (Lurking...sorry...)BUT...
After reading about Infinity Thread, I finally decided to cracked open the pig and buy some. First off, I noticed that Rudy lives in Orange County (so do I)so I asked him if I could pick some up in person. Right away he responded with "Sure, anytime! My cell# is ###-###-####" To be honest, after reading about the mix up with Jaxon and some other orders, I wasn't sure what to expect. After meeting him to pick up the thread, I can tell you that despite the earlier mix up, Rudy seems to be a real good guy. He took the time to show me some ins and outs about the thread as well as giving me a "How-to" for loop tying. It was nice to meet him.

Now for the thread-
I fought over the price for awhile. Finally I broke down got some. "$80 for thread" sounds bad, but when you actually get it in your hands... you see that it $80 well spent.

Right away I noticed how strong it felt compared to what I was use to. Then I stripped it down and was amazed at how thin it actually is. Surprisingly, despite it's thinness, it retained a lot of it's strength, even down to the single thread. This thread is so strong it could run for Governor of Coliforneaah!!! (...that's Schwarzenegger saying California)

I was a bit nervous when it was time to attempt to tie a loop. I read on these forums about the how "Million Dollar Knot" cost a million bucks in broken thread. By the second try I was able to get a decent loop, but I broke it while levitating my Chihuahua (...right). By the time I tied my third one, I realized that this was going to be lot more efficient than I originally thought. O Happy Days!

I realize that I haven't spent a lot of "combat time" with this thread, but from the time I have spent with it, I know I will be very satisfied with this product and with doing business with Rudy.
GoDSquad, Welcome to the errrrrr... I mean, hello. (?) ...LOL

Nice review of the thread. Thanks.

And Ron, I still can't get over the size! HHAHA

-Vinnie
I have just one question to anybody who has the infinity thread or to Rudy.

Is the Infinity IET shiny when it is in the max stretch condition?

GBU

Xemm
Hello Xemm,
"Infinity" thread is considered "semi dull" (correct terminology). Yigal Mesika calls it a "matte" finish. Of course any thread will reflect light if not used correctly. Why don't you send me a stamped, self addressed envelope and I will send you some to test. I think you will be very impressed just as Justin Miller (read his review at the top of the page) was. So to answer your question, no it is not shiny when stretched to the max, of course I am the seller so you have to take my answer as being a little biased.

Thanks,

Rudy
Hi Rudy,

sorry for the delayed reply, but I think you took off the international shipping option on your page.
Is it possible to put it back up?

Thanks in advance
Theodore
Hi Theodore,

I sent you a pm.

Rudy
Hi Rudy, Since the spool is more thread than a person could use (to quote a few) would you consider selling half rolls? Two reasons: 1) Thread is still fresh down to the end of the roll. 2) Price. Chuck
Hi Chuck,
I am not prepared to transfer half a package to another spool. My suggestion is for you to get a friend and go 1/2 with him/her.

Thanks for your interest!

Rudy
About how many feet of thread is on the spool?
[quote]
On 2007-06-09 13:37, Micheal Leath wrote:
About how many feet of thread is on the spool?
[/quote]

"Infinity" is 40 denier 3 filament.
40 denier at 1 1/2 pounds a package is equivalent to 111,615 yards or 63.42 miles long in it's unstretched state.

Rudy
For those interested in smaller spools:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=213456&forum=76
Hello Rudi,
Thanks for the reply, WOW !!! 40 denier for 3??? that less than 15 denier for each filament. The thinnest spandex thread I have ever get is 20 denier for clear white colour ( the down side it is shine when in stretched condition, the good side it blends well against my hand). I am still wondering other than the size which is very thin but the thread is black, do you have another colour such as clear transparent? Because black will show in my hand eventhough it is thin. I am affraid that people will take a close look at my hand after the tricks, the black thread will show more than the transparent in contrast to my hand.

Xemm
Hi Xemm,
I also carry white (opaque) in the same size packages. I sell these for $60.00 each. Priority shipping included in the U.S. Add an additional $9.00 for International shipping.

Thanks,

Rudy
I just ordered some of this thread about an hour ago and I can't wait to get it!

I am currently using penguinmagic's thread and it is extremely thin and very very invisible! How does this thread compare to penguinmagic's PET2.0 thread?
I haven't received my free sample yet, but apparently this is [b]THE BEST[/b] IET in the world. Nothing else even comes close to this. I'm very curious, since the same was said about the Silk Worm IET, which is what I've got and absolutely love.

I will be posting my NEWBIE review of the Infinity when I get my sample.
Hi James,
You will be extremely pleased with the "Infinity" IET. Nothing compares to the Quality, Quantity, Performability and Invisiblity of "Infinity". Please come back here once you have received the thread and had a chance to work with and evaluate it and give us your review.

Thanks again,

Rudy
I will be sure to tell you how I like it when I get it. Im glad its getting good reviews.

Now after I get this I will have to find out where to get a big suply of kevlar for all my non elastic thread work and I will never have to buy any thread again.
What's the deal with Kevlar? Apparently it's the best IT out there (by that I mean strongest). My friend swears by it. It's also in a limited supply apparently.
Brownbeauty Magic will be carrying many different types of Magician Threads including "Infinity" kevlar, Invisible Thread and some others not even in the market place yet. I will keep you posted.

Rudy
I cant wait till you guys get the kevlar in stock.
Hey rudy, just woundering but is the white more invisible than the black. what are the andvantages/disadvantages of each color?

Thank you very much,
-Aaron
Quick question..
I don't really have too much trouble with thread. But obviously it's always nice to find a better/stronger/more invisible one.
I'm currently using Mesika's Elastics(dispenser) which is so easy to handle.
My question is does'nt anyone feel the ease of the despenser type has a lot going for it?
Is this thread really that much better that I should switch back to trying to unspool invisible thread. Which at times can be annoying, especially when your used to the dispenser.

Richard
Any one from uk wanting to split the spool??

pm me.

M:C
[quote]
On 2007-05-29 10:08, jussy wrote:
It is DIRT easy to strip (Breaks down in to just 3 pieces not 100 so there is no confussion..and strips like string cheese thanks Ron)
[/quote]

It stripped down to 4 pieces for me. Stripped down very easily and didn't break while pulling it off!
Ok I just got my huge roll of thread in the mail yesterday so I will tell you what I think.
Ok so I am currently using PenguinMagics thread and I am very happy with it but I heard that other people said that it was not as strong as other threads. Infact some people were not happy with penguins thread because they thought that it broke too easily.
INFINITY THREAD
Ok the first think I have to say is that this thread is NOT the best thread that I have used and it is NOT the worst thread I have used. I was not very happy about how strong it was. I was expecting this to be better than penguinmagics thread. PenguinMagics thread is actualy THINNER, STRONGER, and more INVISIBLE than the Infinity thread. PenguinMagics thread is so invisible that sometimes I cant even find it on my wrists! I heard one person said that Silkworm thread was stronger than PenguinMagics thread so Silkworm is probably a lot stronger than the Infinity thread.
Even though it is not as strong as penguinmagics thread, it is still pretty good thread. And by the way it is more elastic than most threads.
I will still be using this thread on a regular basis but I will use Penguinmagics thread in situations were I would need more invisibility.
[quote]
On 2007-06-15 14:07, jamie9 wrote:
Ok I just got my huge roll of thread in the mail yesterday so I will tell you what I think.
Ok so I am currently using PenguinMagics thread and I am very happy with it but I heard that other people said that it was not as strong as other threads. Infact some people were not happy with penguins thread because they thought that it broke too easily.
INFINITY THREAD
Ok the first think I have to say is that this thread is NOT the best thread that I have used and it is NOT the worst thread I have used. I was not very happy about how strong it was. I was expecting this to be better than penguinmagics thread. PenguinMagics thread is actualy THINNER, STRONGER, and more INVISIBLE than the Infinity thread. PenguinMagics thread is so invisible that sometimes I cant even find it on my wrists! I heard one person said that Silkworm thread was stronger than PenguinMagics thread so Silkworm is probably a lot stronger than the Infinity thread.
Even though it is not as strong as penguinmagics thread, it is still pretty good thread. And by the way it is more elastic than most threads.
I will still be using this thread on a regular basis but I will use Penguinmagics thread in situations were I would need more invisibility.
[/quote]

Did you strip it down to the three threads before comparing how thin and invisible it was? I am just curious how you tested things to make a valid comparison.

--Jim
[quote]
On 2007-06-15 16:04, jimbowmanjr wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-06-15 14:07, jamie9 wrote:
INFINITY THREAD
[/quote]

Did you strip it down to the three threads before comparing how thin and invisible it was? I am just curious how you tested things to make a valid comparison.

--Jim
[/quote]
yes I did. Actualy there are four threads. I stripped it down to four and make some loops. Then I compared it to using a loop from penguinmagics thread and penguinmagics thread was stronger and thinner. This thread is not the strongest thread that you can get. I heard that silkworm thread was really strong!
Jamie, Just curious... How did you test the strength of the 2 threads?

-Vinnie
[quote]
On 2007-06-16 22:45, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
Jamie, Just curious... How did you test the strength of the 2 threads?

-Vinnie
[/quote]

Ok PenguinMagics thread could pull more cards then the Infinity thread and Infinity loops broke more often the Penguinmagic loops while practicing standard loops effects. I like PenguinMagics thread better because it is so invisible and pretty strong for how thin it is. Infinity is thicker and not as strong. Hey vinnie, you can get a free sample and try it out.
Hi Jamie,
I appreciate your opinion however I think you may be one of the few magicians I have heard of that likes Penguins Thread.

I still would like to think that Justin Millers review speaks volumes.

Justins review is the first post in this thread (no pun intended).

Rudy Sanchez
The trailer for The Cloak is up at http://www.thecloakdvd.com

the username and password is:

thread
world

Justin N. Miller
[quote]
On 2007-06-17 18:57, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
Hi Jamie,
I appreciate your opinion however I think you may be one of the few magicians I have heard of that likes Penguins Thread.

I still would like to think that Justin Millers review speaks volumes.

Justins review is the first post in this thread (no pun intended).

Rudy Sanchez
[/quote]

Im not trying to be mean but Im just saying that I was unhappy with your thread. Justins review is the reason that I bought your product so I thought that it would be really good. And I don't know how you can say that the PenguinMagic thread is bad when yours is worse. Like I said previously PenguinMagics thread is STRONGER AND THINNER! Your thread is about as thick as Mesika thread and more fragile than Penguin thread.
And penguinMagic thread is not even very strong to begin with. When I read Justin Millers review I thought that it would be way better than anything else on the market. SO I when I got this in the mail I was extremely disapointed. And for $80
It should at least be quality thread!
I just got my sample of the thread in the mail, but can not strip it!

I see the end, and am holding it, but can't fray it to get the threads stripped. Any help?

-Vinnie
Just got my sample too....WOW

Here's a tip to start the fraying......pull a small piece off the end until it snaps....once it snaps, it exposes the 4 REDICULOUSLY TINY threads.

At first I thought it was way too thick....until I snapped a piece and my jaw dropped. The 4 mini strands are just unbelievable. I'm going to try and post a picture of just how THIN these threads are. Anyone know how to post a picture on the Café?

Just a correction to all previous posts....there are definitely 4 smaller strands...

it's rediculous how thin they are :)
I have had all the threads mentioned and the thread that Rudy Sanchez has called Infinity Thread is by far the best. If there was a JD Powers award for thread, Infinity would win hands down!!!
Hey Rabbit,

Thanks for the help! I got them separated. INCREDIBLY SMALL STRANDS!

The only thing I'm having trouble with right now is stripping out one individual strand. =/

I've stripped A LOT of invisible thread in my life, but it seems this is harder because its SO elasticy! Any recommendations?

-Vinnie
Hi Vinnie,
Check your email, I sent you some instructions that may help.

Rudy
I basically cut the unstripped strand into the length I need for a closeup loop...and then tape one end down to a white paper.

I strip out the 4 strands, taping their ends down to the paper. I then undo the first tape holding the entire thread, and undo the little ends....very quick and easy, and you get all 4 in one shot.

BTW, thank you so much Rudy for this sample....I'm trying to get a bunch of friends in on this deal and order our spool really soon :)
Vinnie. Maybe you're trying to strip it like normal Invisible thread. In other words are you trying to pull the single strand out of the end of the bundle? If so that might be why you're having a hard time with it. The Infinity Thread separates differently. The strands pull apart sideways. I describe it as how you separate string cheese (I know it sounds funny). Grab the end of one strand in one hand. Then hold the rest of the strands in the other. Then pull them apart but pulling your hands away from each other.

Give that a try and see if it helps. If not let me know and I'll make a video for you.

Ron Jaxon
I just took this from the Infinity Loop E-book and turned it into a single page PDF file. It'll show you how to strip the Infinity Thread.

http://www.magicjax.com/infinitystrip.pdf

Now, after some of you mentioned that is strips into 4 strands instead of 3. I took a closer look at the thread. From what I can tell this is what's happening. The thread strips down into 3 major strands. Each of these 3 strandes can also be stripped into micro thin strands. I can't imagine anyone needed it that thin but it's possible to strip each of the 3 strands down even smaller. So small that I didn't even notice thsi before and I have very good eye site. :)

Ron Jaxon
Hey Ron! Thanks! That works great!

And this thread is so great that you may even be able to get away with using the UNSTRIPPED thread on stage if your going to set it up from wall to wall. (Horizontally)

I know it's not needed, but maybe for some people who are looking for more strength to levitate something heavier.

-Vinnie
I'm now having a really late lunch thanks to Rudy and this fantastic thread.

I spent the last hour and a half making loops, testing strength, re-making loops... yadda yadda...

:)
Im not saying that it is bad thread. Im just saying that I was dissapointed because it wasnt very strong. Did anyone else think that this thread was kinda weak?
My Infinity thread loops break about ten times as often as Penguin thread loops.
I had the same problem with the Silk Worm thread....(and my first Infinity loop)..

the reason was I made it way too small.....try making your loop a bit bigger.
[quote]
On 2007-06-18 17:53, RabbitInDaHat wrote:
I had the same problem with the Silk Worm thread....(and my first Infinity loop)..

the reason was I made it way too small.....try making your loop a bit bigger.
[/quote]

All right all try that out. I totaly agree that the Infinity thread is usable for many circumstances. But Im just curious, is the silkworm thread stronger than Infinity? I heard from some people that it was extremely strong!
Um...I have a bit of the Infinity, and a spool of the clear Silk Worm....I haven't had a chance to properly compare the two....but from my first impressions of the Infinity, it is at least as strong as Silk Worm (they both passed my "flying pen" trick)....

Hopefully later this week I'll have more time to properly compare the two....

[i]Look for a new comparison ... um .... "thread" started at the Café within the next couple of days [/i]
[quote]
On 2007-06-18 14:57, Vinnie Laraway wrote:
Hey Ron! Thanks! That works great!

And this thread is so great that you may even be able to get away with using the UNSTRIPPED thread on stage if your going to set it up from wall to wall. (Horizontally)

I know it's not needed, but maybe for some people who are looking for more strength to levitate something heavier.

-Vinnie
[/quote]
Yeah This thread works great for the House levitation.
I just thought I'd share something I'm playing around with. This is going to seem silly. In a way it is but this is how I often develop tricks. I just play around with the props.

I rigged a long length of the Infinity Thread all the way across my back yard. I tied one end to a stick and tossed it into the branches of a tree (about 20 feet up or so). I rigged the other end to my house about 6 feet high. I now have a length of the Infinity Thread running across my back yard about 30 yards long.

Here's the neat thing. I'd hang objects on it with a little hook I made out of a paper clip. Then I'd toss the object across my yard. It'll fly away about 20 feet or so then it would stop. Because the thread is elastic it makes a very magically looking bounce when it stops. Very slow as if it's hovering. Then it would slowly float back to me. When I say slowly I mean it takes about 30 seconds to reach me again. It looks really magical. This happens because the thread is at an angle.

I'm having fun with it. I haven't worked out a routine but I can feel something is coming about with it. The amount of thread on the spool is going to allow me to do a lot of experimenting. I'm thinking about doing something like tossing an object away that I don't need then go on with my act. A few seconds later it floats back to me.

Just thought I'd share that. If you're in the mood to just play around give it a try. It's pretty neat. Let me know if you need any help with it.

Ron Jaxon
Ok...I know you're claiming there's 3 main smaller strands in the Infinity, but I have consistently broken it down to 4 strands. I even looked at the unstripped thread under a microscope, and I see 4 strands. The 4 strands don't appear to be composed of other strands, so the most you can get is 4.

I would love to know HOW you see 3 strands using only your eyes...to me, I can barely make out that the tip is starting to strip. I usually just start pinching and pulling to see if it starts stripping.

You must have insanely strong eyes.

--EDIT--

HOLY CRAP...I just made a loop with one of the 4 strands, and I could have SWORN it was way too thin and weak to do the H****** D***...but nope...it pulled that card out like a freaking champ. This thread is unbelievable.
[quote]
On 2007-06-18 14:22, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
Hi Vinnie,
Check your email, I sent you some instructions that may help.

Rudy
[/quote]

Hi Rudy,
please check your PM
Thanks.
[quote]
On 2007-06-26 19:44, RabbitInDaHat wrote:
Ok...I know you're claiming there's 3 main smaller strands in the Infinity, but I have consistently broken it down to 4 strands. I even looked at the unstripped thread under a microscope, and I see 4 strands. The 4 strands don't appear to be composed of other strands, so the most you can get is 4.

I would love to know HOW you see 3 strands using only your eyes...to me, I can barely make out that the tip is starting to strip. I usually just start pinching and pulling to see if it starts stripping.

You must have insanely strong eyes.

--EDIT--

HOLY CRAP...I just made a loop with one of the 4 strands, and I could have SWORN it was way too thin and weak to do the H****** D***...but nope...it pulled that card out like a freaking champ. This thread is unbelievable.
[/quote]

It must be 4 strands then. When I looked one of the 4 looked thinner then the other 3. But at that small size it's hard to tell.

Yea it is strong stuff. I hooked some up running across a room. I'd test it by rigging an object on it. There wasn't enough tension so the object went to the floor. So I made it shorter by about 5 feet. Still not enough tension. I had to keep doing this because the thread stretches so much. It just keeps stretching. :)

Ron Jaxon
Haha that's very clever. I will have to try that out.
Ok...I'm having a bit of a problem with this thread.

I made 2 loops, and put them on at home....later on in the day (after being in some heat, but not CRAZY strong heat)...I tried to use them to do the haunted deck, and they both snapped REALLY easily....

Are they affected by the heat that easily???
Maybe it's the oils from my skin? I don't understand why they would snap so easily. A newly made loop is really strong.
No other comments from anyone? No one else have this same problem?
I think it may be a insecure knot or the knot might actually be cutting into the thread and thus snapping it at the knot. I've been using square knots instead of the Million Dollar Knot. I don't get the slippage at the knot anymore but if you don't tie the knot correctly it does tend to cut through the thread and cause breakage. I'm planning on getting a spool of the Infinity soon or does anybody care to sell a few twenty or so feet of this stuff? Thanks.
Actually, it's neither of those. It doesn't snap at the knot.

I find it's really hard to feel when the Infinity is about to snap...there's no real tension point....well, ok, there is...but so many times it snaps right when reaching that point.

Anyone else having similar problems?

This thread was great when I first got it....now it's performance is a bit lacking. I find it only works well when I make the loop larger than normal.
I haven't tried the Infinity yet but every loop I've tied due to a bad knot has snapped at the knot. I experimented with a lot of knots and had to feel for what a good knot is and every time I had felt that a knot was badly tied it would snap. When I felt that the knot was just right (no slack, no bunched up thread, just a nice and very invisible knot) the loop would last for a very long time. There's a very good reason you're supposed to tie a GOOD square knot. The reason is that threads tend to cut into itself from bad knots, it literally will slice through itself. Another reason is that a GOOD square knot does not slip.
The TRINITY LOOPS SYSTEM is coming to solve THAT knoty problem once and for all..
Justin N. Miller

Stay tuned to http://www.thecloakdvd.com
Trinity loops system? Is this going to be another one of those overpriced jig systems? Ties was horribly overpriced for what it was. If they would just explain to people the characteristics of knots (why a certain not should be made, how to make the knot, why knots slip, how bad knots could cut into itself and thus cutting the thread at the knot, etc.) it would really help clear the air on how to make loops.
I am no longer backing the TRINITY LOOP system..however Sebashtion will still be marketing this on his own..
Justin N. Miller
The release is set for October 30th, and the price dropped to $125.00 +shipping, and for the first week of release it will be offered for $100.00 + shipping.
I have been getting a lot of emails about presales, and I will not be taking preorders. The DVDs are in authoring and should be done soon.
I am finishing up on the Trinity Systems I have ready for the release, more to come from us this year.

Sebashtion H.
[quote]
On 2007-08-23 13:08, kissdadookie wrote:
Trinity loops system? Is this going to be another one of those overpriced jig systems? Ties was horribly overpriced for what it was. If they would just explain to people the characteristics of knots (why a certain not should be made, how to make the knot, why knots slip, how bad knots could cut into itself and thus cutting the thread at the knot, etc.) it would really help clear the air on how to make loops.
[/quote]
Hello kissdadookie,
The Trinity Loop System is not going to be for everyone. The jig is a custom made
hardwood and aluminum system, it is not a plastic mass produced jig, these are part of our close-up line of Products, these are made for The workers that are tired of Paying $2 a loop, couple this with an infinity roll and you never will buy another loop again. As for the knots if you Pm me I could help you out with different knots but the best knot to use is the surgical knot. It is almost invisible just like the knots on store bought loops and does not slip or eat into it self to have the loop break.
We are offering the Trinity Loop System in two flavors.
Both will come with a 30 to 45 min instructional DVD with 2 loops routines from the master, Justin Miller. (Thank you once again for these routines!!!) And a small spool, of infinity thread (not the whole spool)
The first flavor is the Trinity Loop System By it self with The DVD and a small spool of infinity thread.
The second flavor is the Trinity Loop system, DVD, and with a full roll of Infinity Thread.
Both are going to be priced to sell, but this like I said is not going to be for everyone……..
But if you actually caculated the cost of loops pre made you are saving a lot of money in the long run. And the fact that it is only seconds to tie the loop (10 seconds or less) you can not beat that.

Sebashtion H.
I guess it's a better valued jig because the Ties jig was really overpriced. At least the Trinity jig comes with thread which helps to balance out the price. I currently do use a surgical/square knot. It is the best knot for tying loops.
The Trinity Loop System comes with A small spool of Infinity Thread and the instructional DVD, with Two loop routiens for Justin Miller. (Thanks J.)
Tha small spool of Thread will last a while I spooled these up thinking of what I would like to have come with a product and to be able to get the Infinity Thread in your hands to test out both the TLS and the Infinity Thread.

Also we Have a combo, The T.L.S. with a full roll of Infinity Thread.

Sebashtion H.
T.L.S. release Oct 30th
T.L.S. The loop workers new best friend.
[quote]
On 2007-10-15 14:03, Justin N. Miller wrote:
I am no longer backing the TRINITY LOOP system..however Sebashtion will still be marketing this on his own..
Justin N. Miller
[/quote]

Why aren't you mot backing it?
[quote]
On 2007-10-22 15:09, Christopher Kavanagh wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-10-15 14:03, Justin N. Miller wrote:
Justin N. Miller
[/quote]

Why aren't you mot backing it?
[/quote]

Justin and I are no longer working together, also I am no longer handling Justins orders and shipments, Justin Has gracefully allow me to use his loop effects on the DVD and I thank him for this the effects are great. so the Trinity Loop System is going to be released thru my site along with the custom Close-Up Tables and boxes.
I wish him well....and I know He does for me also.
Sebashtion H.
I received my Trinity Loop System several days ago and I can tie loops in seconds now with this wonderful tool! Sebashtion also includes a instructional dvd that is awesome! He makes it so easy to learn. I have owned the T.I.E.S. system but that was made of plastic or acrylic and was junk (by the way it is no longer available). The Trinity System is hardwood and aluminum and is really the right tool for the job.
If you are into loops and no longer want to spend money on store bought loops this is the ultimate tool. There is nothing like it in the marketplace.
Oh I forgot to mention that it also comes with a small spool of "Infinity" thread and a certificate of authenticity.

This is a winner!

Rudy
[quote]
On 2007-10-27 18:31, Rudy Sanchez wrote:
I received my Trinity Loop System several days ago and I can tie loops in seconds now with this wonderful tool! Sebashtion also includes a instructional dvd that is awesome! He makes it so easy to learn. I have owned the T.I.E.S. system but that was made of plastic or acrylic and was junk (by the way it is no longer available). The Trinity System is hardwood and aluminum and is really the right tool for the job.
If you are into loops and no longer want to spend money on store bought loops this is the ultimate tool. There is nothing like it in the marketplace.
Oh I forgot to mention that it also comes with a small spool of "Infinity" thread and a certificate of authenticity.

This is a winner!

Rudy
[/quote]

And a 1 year warranty.........
one day and counting
WOOHOO! Its the 30th! Trinity is now on sale as of Midnite! Come on and head over with me to http://www.subdividedstudios.com . Getting this system is a great life investment for true loop workers- lower average price of a loop by making them on the Trinity!
Site is up and Working...........
please use the low rez entrance...............

Sebashtion H.
WOW sounds good I still cant afford one of those. But I'm guessing everyone is happey with theres. Any one else have an easier way of tying say a Mesika Length Loop? How long and stuff. I finnaly split one of the Threads of my IL.
I just ordered my Infinty Thread. Can't wait to get it!
Mad Hatter Magic Shop has a great price on the infinity thread

http://www.madhattermagicshop.com/magicshop/product_info.php?products_id=6141&osCsid=dfc4e89b2f04830616accde482301c90
I am interested in buying loops with infinity thread in the thinnest possible strand. Anyone PM me. I can pay pal.

Thanks

Joaquin
The new single strand Infinity is killer!

I had one of the big spools for quite some time,so I knew the quality of the thread. I had to sell it because my eyesite is bad & I had trouble stripping it.

Great quality thread that is already stripped & colored, it's perfect!

I might add that Rudy made sure I was happy with my purchase :) The first spool I received was wound too tightly, Rudy sent me another. The next one got crushed going through the mail, & the third times a charm :)

Good product & service!

Mike
I've just received my spool of infinity thread and had a great time playing with it (thanks Chris K for the heads up about madhatter, and thanks Rudy for a great product!) I spent a lot of time trying to strip it down, and read through the stripping instructions linked two pages back. I can't see three strands, then Ichazod talks about single strand infinity. Now I'm wondering, if mine are single strand or three? Is there a way to tell?
If you've got the big roll from Mad Hatter, then you've got three strands (at least). Mine has four. But you have to get the ends to come apart before you can see the strands. Run the end between your pinched fingernails a bunch of times, and eventually you should see a tiny strand or two separate.

But it ain't easy (at least for me) to get a hold of the separated strand(s). I've got big ham-fingers, so I have to spend some extra effort stripping my thread. Still, it's pretty good thread.

By the way, if unstripped Infinity thread is invisible enough for you, then go ahead and use it.

Good luck,
Bill
Hi Bill,

Thanks for the reply. It was already fairly invisible by my standards - my standard is a measure of how impossible it is to tie a loop - but your reply was good motivation to peel at it some more. I'm glad to say I've now splitted it into 2 strands. I splitted one of [i]those[/i], but I got seriously crossed-eyed in making a loop from it... this will have to be good enough for a dim room. I'm surprised at how strong the mini-threads remain!

V

PS, for once small fingers are advantageous ;)
(As an addendum - I managed to split my thread into 4 strands as well. They are surely fine!)
I find it quite difficult on the eyes splitting it into single strands, and working out what to do with the remaining strands so they don't get tangled or lost. I'm hoping to eventually investigate the single-strand infinity thread, but for the moment its just an eye strain. :)
Doesn't anyone have a magnifying glass in the kitchen junk drawer any more?
Actually I tried that, but generally speaking its hard to hold the magnifying glass and use two hands to pull the thread apart like cheese. It can become a bit tricky any annoying. :)
Question to Infinity owners: Does Infinity thread break-down or decompose over a period of time ?

Thanks in advance !
Durian - SO far mine seems to be ok still, I'm not sure if it will be a matter of wait a long time and decide for yourself. Its still a heap of thread though, and now that you can buy it in small quantities its not as much of a problem. I'm still up in the air over Silk Worm vs Infinity vs Mesika's Elastics.. They all have their strengths.
Discontinued? That is what I am finding everywhere I look on the web.Please tell me this is only temporary. I was getting ready to purchase my lifetime supply on IET and now I can't find anyone with it in stock. Anyone have any leads?
I no longer offer the large spools of Infinity v1. Too many magicians were asking me to supply an already stripped down version. I now offer Infinity v2 (already stripped) which is the same size as Mesikas IET he uses to make his loops. It comes in a custom dispenser and I provide 300 ft. of IET.

Rudy
Bummer. Anyone have stock left of the large spools? I don't mind stripping my thread.
Sorry to bang on about IET but I've been through the threads of a forum nature to find info on threads of a magical nature and still haven't found what I'm after. The question was asked before but not answered.
Is the Infinity V2 the same as a single stripped thread of the original stuff?
I've read that V2 is matt and dulled but surely so is the old stuff. I guess what I'm trying to get at is this... apart from the work and time one has to spend stripping the old stuff, is there any real advantage to version two and is it really that different from the first? Thanks.
V2 is the stripped version of the original it is also does not have the shine that some have said the V1 had. the V2 comes in a 300ft spool, where the V1 came in a roll 64 miles long..Which has been discontinued.....

durian-red
I am still using the original roll I bought in 2007 to tie my IET Bands and it is just fine..

Sebashtion H.
Yah!! I got my thread today. 3 spools that are supposed to equal 75 miles of thread. That is close to 1.5 million loops!!!

Ok ... now figuring out how to strip this stuff. I have stripped plenty of IT and can easily see the single strands against white paper. Not so with this thread. I have cut it at angles ...straight across ... and jagged, and all I see is one thick strand. I read that this strips like string cheese, but I am finding it impossible to find a single strand. I am going to continue to experiment, but when I give up I may ship a sample to one of you who have been successful in stripping this, to see if you can do it. This was a special batch prepared for me and I am wondering if they sent Rudy the wrong stuff. I am going to keep trying.

Edit: Never mind .. I finally found a second strand. I pulled out another roll and tried the thread from it and I was able to find it. It took me forever grabbing with my fingernails. In the future I will use a longer piece that way I can get a few loops for all the trouble. Now I am sitting with 2 strands and they seem to be the same thickness .. can't figure out which one is the double strand. I didn't receive the infinity loop instructions with mine ... it may have discussed how to strip the thread.