(Close Window)
Topic: Allen Ackerman Lecture in Seattle Washington. 6-2-07.
http://www.nwringoffire.com/ for details. I think I'm going to be there. Even so you might be able to avoid me and have a good time.
Hey Josh!
Look forward to meeting you there. I've been excited about this one since it was announced last November. 2 days, and counting... !!! :)
I look like the guy in my avatar, only larger.

Look forward to meeting you too, I assume you look like your avatar as well?
Gosh I'd love to see you there as well since you have the misfortune of living in my old hometown. But since this appears to be a lecture focusing mainly on Card Tricks I'm going to give it a pass as they really don't interest me all that much.

It's going to be a rare sunny day in Seattle anyway and I've got too many chores around the house that need to be done.

Have a good time at the lecture and enjoy your foray into the civilized side of the state.
Wait a minute, Payne... didn't you just win Kramien's close-up contest with a card trick???!!!

:)
I'm not into card magic too much, but he is doing some coin stuff, I can't remember what else.

Too bad we won't be able to meet there Payne. Maybe next time.
I might even make this one....not sure yet.....Maybe...hmmm !
[quote]
On 2007-06-01 10:46, Magiguy wrote:
Wait a minute, Payne... didn't you just win Kramien's close-up contest with a card trick???!!!

:)
[/quote]

Which makes it oh more so ironic. I've taken three first place trophies for close up at Kramien's and taken the Gold Medal at the only Close Up Pro Challenge the PCAM has ever held and I don't do Close Up Magic.

Odd thing that.

Anyway it wasn't so much a card trick as it was a microphone gag.
I guess four guys from around my area will be going as well, so we're going together. I guess I don't need any of you after all ;) Well it sounds fun, 25 bucks isn't too bad, get to spend some time, maybe money at the magic shop. Of course that means I'll lose a day of drinking.
Josh, Shawns restaurant has lots of beer...trust me. LOL B
Sweet! Now I really don't need anyone!

I'm going to bring a deck of cards get drunk and insist everyone watch my version of the 21 card trick many times. It's like the other versions, but when I'm drunk I count slower and mess up a lot.

I understand there will be mentalism effects as well, hopefully not card mentalism effects.... but, I have been considering a jaunt through the cerebral forest that is mentalism.
Remember Josh, with beer goggles on every trick looks good....! Well most tricks. B
Well then! You have to go, hell since your a magician and your probably broke, I'd happily pay your way. But I am a magician too......
Ok Josh I will go if you buy me a guiness. B
Done! if by "Guiness" you mean "Water", I'm Joking I'll certainly buy you a Busch Light... Draft. Make sure you have that yellow ball or I won't know who you are!

If Magicguy and Payne show up, and I am inebriated, I will show you all the techniques that made me the man I am.

Also I will watch whatever it is you do..... I would like to learn magic too. Can you do it surrounded?
Josh, yes I can drink guiness surrounded. B
LOL!!!
Me too.
Remember folks...magic gets better the more you drink...LOL sometimes it really helps the magic; B