(Close Window)
Topic: Jumbo Mental Jackpot by Astor
This looks like a banknite effect. Can anyone give a review on this.
Would also like review.
Astor Magic are one of the dealers who will be at the Blackpool Magic Convention next weekend. Does anyone have a detailed review or know if there is a link to a demo of this effect, so I can give it some consideration between now and next Friday?
Many thanks.

Paul Mc.
Hocus Pocus sells both the stage and close-up versions. However, if you're with Astor in Blackpool ask him to demonstrate Astor Mental. This. is a killer!

Greetings
Hi hbenod,
I have Astor Mental and as you rightly say it is a killer. Very nicely finished and a real gem to use. If Jumbo Mental Jackpot is as deceiving and as well made, then I think it may well be travelling back from Blackpool with me.
Any reviews or demo links?

Paul Mc.
Any reviews? Why is this $150?
OK - don't kill the messenger. I bought it used for about half price....which it is worth. The props are great. The effect is a total waste of props. Without going into any detail, remember that a bank night prop(s) only has to be able to handle a one out of four (in this routine) scenario. These prediction props do that just fine...however, they can actually handle sixteen possibilities - not just four. I already have found the perfect use for these props, which uses them to their full capability. Also, the supplied envelope sleeves may work well for another much-discussed effect, now out of production. This is an effect where a lot of mentalists are looking for a prop which will perform a function similar to the Fulves Slate ESP effect....don't want to say much more here.

Great versatile props, but if you use the routine supplied, they are wasted.
Let me correct my probabilities....I said they will handle 16, not just 4. I was wrong. They will actually handle up to 24 possibilites, not 16.
Very old thread, but...how can they accommodate so many outs???