(Close Window)
Topic: Good News about Flash Bills
Got some good news about Flash Bills. I was wondering if I could print my own. So I decided to give it a try. I have a HP 1115 Photosmart Inkjet printer. I first copied a bill, then took the copy and placed a piece of flash paper over the printed portion and taped it down. Placed it back into the printer and printed it again. This time it printed onto the flash paper. Worked perfect. I waited for it to try and cut it out. Looks good enough for a performance situation. Now instead of paying $3 to $4 for a flash bill, it costs about $.85 a bill.
How does it burn? It is slower because of the ink?
It burns just a little bit slower. Not much so as to cause any concern in any way. I would not hesitate for a moment to use it in any of my routines. I've used flash paper for as long as I can remember. This now opens up other routines for me.
You should not openly mention printing bills.
Yep...shhh!!!

But thanks for the tip.

Mark. ;)
What bills???
Uhhh...yeah...uhhh...what bills?

Mark.
Someone say Bills???
I'm just concerned with any heat from the printer while it's printing. Should that be a concern for the paper to burst into flames???
That was my concern also. But I realized that inkjet printers do not put out any heat.
I'm sure he was talking about printing copies of PHONE Bills...
ya, that's it... ;)
I can see it now, local kid on the news blew up a printer and lost all his eyebrows due to useing a laser printer to print on flash paper. Inkjet is the way to go.
I think you can print one side without getting in trouble. To be safe change thje size of the copy. If you look at print ad there are plenty of copies of money. I remember reading somewhere how to use reproductions of currency in print advertisements, and these were two guidelines they mentioned.
I've been usinhg my Ink Jet printer for quite a while with no problems. Works just
fine.