(Close Window)
Topic: So who won?????
Who won the stage and close-up contest this year??
Thanks for the info.
Magicdoc88 answered this [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/search_post.php?topic=215978&forum=196&post=5103391]here[/url]
Anyone remember who got the 'Peoples Choice' awards for Stage and Close-up? I think Sterling Dietz won the peoples choice as well as the youth stage contest. Thanks
Hiyashi, a Japanese magician, from Germany was the close up Peoples Choice winner.
How did the adult close up finish first thru third?
Comprehensive list of competitors and winners:

ADULT CLOSE UP

1. David Minkin
2. Nathan Gibson (Magic Castle Junior)

Other Gold Cups Finalists:

Rod Chow
MC Chow
Raymond Iond
Hayashi (Obie Award [People's Choice])

YOUTH CLOSE UP

1. Ben Proudfoot (that's me)(Magic Castle Junior)
2. Vincent Villamonte

ADULT STAGE

1. Shen Juan
2. Shayna Reed

Other Gold Medal Finalists:

Shinichiro Ito
Sterling Dietz (Magic Castle Junior)
Raymond Iong
Chin Chin

YOUTH STAGE

1. Sterling Dietz (Magic Castle Junior)[People's Choice Award]
2. Krystyn Lambert (Magic Castle Junior)

Neither the Gold Cups Award of Excellence nor the Gold Medal Award of Excellence were awarded this year.

Ben
Let the games begin for IBM SAM Kentucky 2008! May the best magi win!
Congratulaton, Ben, I saw your performance, and you did great.
Thanks.

What could I improve on? Was there anything you didn't like?

Ben
Great Job! Proudfoot

Bairefoot
Yes Ben, congrats!
Just one of the many awards to come.
So, you weren't a gold cup finalist?
Ben:

You have excellent presence - easy manner, nice smile, confidence. The only way you can miss is technique and content. Technique - you have great chops. I think we can all learn from the sheer entertainment value of Hayashi's creative content and crowd pleasing delivery. Creativity may just be the hardest one to excel at...
Hi Everyone,
I just want to say what a wonderful time I had at the convention. This was my first IBM convention, and the magicians who attended were wonderful. The only sad part of my whole convention experience was getting a call from Justin Holbrook on last monday that our good friend Jack Barrows from Colon Mich. had passed away from cancer. I first met Jack at the WMS 2006. I attending my very first magic convention, and very first competition, didnot know a soul there. After the preliminary contest I was standing outside in the hall when a older gentleman can=me up to me and introduced himself as Jack Barrows from Colon Mich. He had brought a young magician to the convention named Justin, whom he introduced me to, and we became friends. I only met Jack in person that one time, but through correspondence, he and I became great friends. He was always encouraging me with his long handwritten letters, on magic, and it's rich history. It is at these conventions that I reflect on the wonderful and lifelong relationships that we will develop in magic. That Monday morning I dedicated my performances at IBM and SAM this year to a man who took the time to encourage a young and new magician. Thank you Jack, and all the others who by example, raise the bar on humanity. I know Jack was in attendance Friday night. And as always he would be proud!
Sterling
Sterling:
Congrats to you also - great performances!