(Close Window)
Topic: Barehand production of parasol
Hi guys!

any books or videos where I can learn a production without using silks or any cover, I saw the video of luna shimada that her opening on her parasol routine is a production without silks or anything...

hope you can help me... thanks!
I've not seen it but someone is selling this

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=217563&forum=77&0

Looks good to me!

M:C
No there is not anything published to my knowledge. You are asking about a custom production. It all has to do with your stage setting and cloths you are wearing. You much work this type of productions out yourself. It is very personal to each person.

Luna Shamada got her tips from her father Shamada, and he will only share with his family.

Joker Lam does cover production a parasol behind another parasol. You need cover or very strong misdirection.
If you are using the production as an opener, I would also suggest that you experiment with it. There are only a few ways the parasol can be produced from those few locations. Play with it and you would discover something that suits you.
Smoke, fire and confetti can be used before the parasol production/opener. These items offer good misdirection assistance.
Thank you so much! ok I'll make my own version of the production, I'll experiment and play with my parasols.. haha! thank you so much!
I would not develop methods with smoke or fire due to current preformance restrictions.

Richard
It is hard but you can do it! Think of ways you would produce anything; doves, silks, etc, then see how you can apply it to parasols. You might come up with something better than you've ever seen. Although fire is nice try to stay away from actual fire. If you use anything use flash paper or flash cotton. That way you aren't having an actual flame on stage.

-Matt
Thank you again, I'd like to experiment and try some of my ideas but the truth is is hard to develop a technique that is new to a magician and using a material that is long.. hahaha! but I'll do everything that I can do invent... thank you again...
Take a look at your pants. I'm sure of endless possibilities from production parasols with special pants pockets!

M:C
The idea is to develop a method to appear a parasol without any cover. It is not about inventing a new technique. Any method that is comfortable to you, and offer ease of movement during the production would be regarded as your personal method. As long as the method does not flash and have angle problem, then you have discovered something good.