(Close Window)
Topic: America's Got Talent
Huge Congrats to the incomparable Anthony Reed and Kevin James for advancing to the AGT competition's short list. Their acts tonight were incredible. It is a shame that only one magic act could move forward and Anthony had to be dropped. Still, against talent like Mr. James'...he did incredibly well.
Patriot your a little behind times, You watched the re run.. reed got voted out and only kj advanced to the top 20.
[quote]
On 2007-07-15 01:48, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
Patriot your a little behind times, You watched the re run.. reed got voted out and only kj advanced to the top 20.
[/quote]

Yeah...I just discovered that very fact! <Shy Grin> I RARELY have a free moment to watch the telly and happened to be flicking channels in search of anything moderately interesting. Thanks for pointing out my electromedia weakness! :) Still, I'm delighted to see Kevin moving forward. Er...if the outcome has already been determined, please leave me in the dark until the next re-run. :)
Wow, did you see KJ sawing I half! I was impressed. The only thing I can think of is a fake h*** because the person was wearing sunglasses, it would be easier.Too bad for the other magician that made that... mistake... But he really did not have much of a chance agianst the other 2 magicians.
You think that was good? Check out the ENTIRE routine:

http://itricks.com/magicvideos/?p=1407

No sunglasses on this guy!

Derek Merdinyan
Wow, really good. Now I can only think of a midget or kid. He looked young, and he had a big thing over his mouth. But still very good!
[quote]
On 2007-07-15 17:36, emanmagic5 wrote:
Wow, did you see KJ sawing I half! I was impressed. The only thing I can think of is a fake h*** because the person was wearing sunglasses, it would be easier.Too bad for the other magician that made that... mistake... But he really did not have much of a chance agianst the other 2 magicians.
[/quote]

Sorry emanmagic5 but methods shouldn't be discussed in this thread. Keep in mind that ( even though you are wrong on the method ) this is a public forum and anyone can read it. I don't think anyone would be fooled by disguising the word "head"anyway..LOL

Best,

Tim
Ya, just to be safe I did.

I think after watching it a few times I understand what has to be going on... but won't say it here. What will he do tonight I wonder? I can't watch though as I don't get the station. I will have to watch the re-run a Saturday, as that's what my tely gets...
Can you believe that Reed got bumped and that "Boy Shikira" made it. Ticks me off!
Ok, so the performance show is on, and Kevin gave his performance.

What did he perform you ask?

Well, the only real "illusion" I saw was the severed hand gag. You know, where you seem to be holding onto a live severed hand.

The rest of his performance seemed to be simply tossing various body parts out of a cooler, then proceeding to do the severed hand bit.

Now if this show is "rigged", and he is a hired performer, then that would explain his performance. He is sure not to be voted through this way.
Yeah, I didn't think that was the best way for KJ to represent himself...

Lyndel
What did the judges say???
They said he let himself down and there was no big "payoff."
They basically all said, "We were waiting for the payoff, the big finish".

They didn't seem to understand why it wasnt at the same level as his previous performances.

Also, Kevin didn"t seem to defend himself very hard either, saying, "It was a severed hand, alive".

All together it seems very suspicious.
It is rigged to some extent, why do you think Kevin's best material was at the beginning of the show? They hire professional acts(or contact them and promises a certain spot they will get to) this keeps the show fresh for the lay people to watch. Anthony Reed did not need to be on the show, he just signed a HUGE contract for several years in Guam. He mentions that in this months Magic Mag. These guys are at the producers mercy as well as the editors. TV is a different ball game then most people think regarding these types of shows.
Kevin is one of the most imaginative thinkers in the business. His performance took the judges by surprise - but those in the know in magic have known for a long time that he is one of the top magicians around. Go see his show in Las Vegas - it is pure fun and great entertainment!
I hope Kevin makes it to the next round because I think he is a great magician. He probably should have performed a different illusion because the judges were not impressed with his severed hand routine. Time will tell if America wants to give him another chance.
Heres the number to those who want to call

18666024803 call that number 10 times to vote for Kevin James

10 times is the max

its toll free
I loved his first two performances as well, but was very confused by this as I was waiting for a payoff as well-oh and what was with him using the last bit of his time to crack open a can of bud-just didn't make sense to me??? That said I still want him to go thru, just in hopes he'll do something on par with the first two performances again
You can also vote ten times on http://www.nbc.com
The whole thing about him being hired by nbc would make sence. See I did not know why kevin would want to be on there. But that would make more sence. That and after last nights show . I thought he was the worst act on there and I love kevin james. We will see.
Please do not post here who makes it thru so I can have something to watch on Saturday. And what did the judges say?
While I don't think Mr James had the worst act on last nights show it was missing a huge "payoff". Since all of Kevin James' material is new to me, I thought he was going to use the pieces to make a live person. I hope he goes on to the next level. We shall see. Thank God Piers doesn't have a vote.
Kevin james really blew it. that effect was so obvious, even the judge figured out how it was done. and what was the deal with the beer? what did that do? his first 2 effects were really good, especially the 2nd one. kevin maybe shouldve done his floating rose trick. anyway I hope he makes it in the top 10, but he has too much competition
Remember, don't say if he makes it or not!!!
We won't know that until the results show which, I believe, is next week.
[quote]
On 2007-07-18 20:30, emanmagic5 wrote:
Remember, don't say if he makes it or not!!!
[/quote]

Then don't visit this forum until Sunday.
I was expecting him to take apart the ice chest like a dove box.That would've impressed me.
Kevin really disappointed me with that severed hand gag come to life. I know that Kevin is really innovative and a talented magic thinker. But this is not his best stuff. Given his last performance I thought Anthony Reed deserved to advance. Oh well.
I think Kevin may be a bit handicapped in that he has created so much material for others and for the commercial magic market. It becomes harder for him to perform some of his own orginal material because it has already been seen - IE Bowl-A-Rama performed by Nathan Burton last season...

I really thought this was going to be a blammo box finish...

If Kevin is going to make it through, He's gonna have to step it up - Kevin, do the "Dog Pagoda" trick. Vacum up little Chaplin, Turn up the volume!
So did he advance to the next round or not???
Tonights program was a rerun
I bet he advances.
When is the results show? I thought his act was horrible, and it did not even look good.

He should of had a tip over box combined with this, it would have been way better.
There's always the wild card spot
[quote]
On 2007-07-22 11:49, adam christopher wrote:
[/quote]

Really? I don't think there will be one...
[quote]
On 2007-07-22 12:28, emanmagic5 wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-07-22 11:49, adam christopher wrote:
[/quote]

Really? I don't think there will be one...
[/quote]

Nathan Burton came back as the wild card last year, I think its built into the show and adds a bit more "drama" or "excitement" into the show.. I would like to see Kevin continue.
Kevin was extremely weak on the last show. He won't be back.
[quote]
On 2007-07-22 01:16, David Hasslehoff wrote:
I bet he advances.
[/quote]

How much???
[quote]
On 2007-07-22 20:45, emanmagic5 wrote:
[quote]
I bet he advances.
[/quote]

How much???
[/quote]

Well, apparently we heard it from the hoff himself.
[quote]
On 2007-07-23 12:20, Matthew W wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-07-22 20:45, emanmagic5 wrote:
[quote]
I bet he advances.
[/quote]

How much???
[/quote]

Well, apparently we heard it from the hoff himself.
[/quote]

That can't be him..
It is on right now. I hope we will see who gets eliminated!
Kevin was just too weak last week
[quote]
On 2007-07-24 21:46, Steven Conner wrote:
Kevin was just too weak last week
[/quote]

And that is why he did make it.......

to stay in Las Vegas aka NOT make it through to the next round. My heart was pumping like crazy waiting for the results I um..well.kinda..."wet myself" a little lol! And Boy Shakira (spelled wrong probably) is now BOY BRITNEY!!! Wow some new entertainment!
I like Kevin James and its unfortunate that he didn't get through to the next round. I just personally wonder what he was thinking doing a 2.99 gag. It just didn't work for me. Just MYHO.
As expected

its a shame he did that crap trick
Magic is not as popular with the masses as singing or dancing. Even if Kevin did a knock-out performance, it is very doubtful that any magician or illusionist would ever make it to the top five.
[quote]
On 2007-07-25 04:40, Dennis Michael wrote:
Magic is not as popular with the masses as singing or dancing. Even if Kevin did a knock-out performance, it is very doubtful that any magician or illusionist would ever make it to the top five.
[/quote]

That is a misconception. Nathan Burton was the runner-up last season. TOP 2. But even he had to be brought back as a Wild Card... Just because Kevin was eliminated doesn't mean he is gone for good. It depends on how much he impressed the judges prior to this round...
It would be nice for a magician to win, considering all the variables, it is very unlikely.
Big Daddy Cool,
You may be right about him getting to come back as a spoiler. That would be sweet and very unexpected. But, Like Michael was saying it just may be wishful thinking on our parts.
[quote]
Magic is not as popular with the masses as singing or dancing.[/quote]

I guess that's why Copperfield never really made it on television!
[quote]
Magic is not as popular with the masses as singing or dancing.[/quote]

I guess that's why Copperfield never really made it on television!