(Close Window)
Topic: Party Popper Wand Which One Man Parade?:
Sometime in the late 1980's or in the 1990's a magician compiled a one man parade in The Linking Ring.
Much of it was to do with the use of Party Poppers. One item in particular was a Party Popper Wand. This fired a party popper.I have used one for many years & wish to credit the inventor in a series of articles I am writing.I think he also issued a booklet on PP's. I did have this but it went to a young professional magician some 2 years ago.
So guys, if you know:
Who was the inventor?...I think he was English.
Which TLR did it appear in and when?
Many thanks.
Allen Tipton UK
In the April '93 Linking Ring, a One Man Parade was contributed by a Brian Eden from Surrey, England. There were a couple of effects using "party poppers." One was "Bang-Bang-Banger" and the other was "Exploding Trevor's Telescope."

In May '93, this OMP was continued in that issue and another effect called "Exploding Matchbox" also made use of a party popper.

Is this who you were thinking about?

Mark.
This is it!!!

In the Jan. '95 issue of The Linking Ring, Brian Eden again submitted a One Man Parade. In it, he talks, and describes, a "Whopper-Popper Wand."

He says in the article that in the May '88 issue of Repro's Club 71 magazine, he described firing a wand called a "popper wand" and wanting something better, thus the Whopper-Popper Wand.

Interesting...

Mark.
Just looked at your posting Mark and Yes it is Brian Eden's work I was looking for. The name came back in a flash as soon as I saw it. I was looking for. Hurray.
Many thanks.
Allen
Allen,

Did it really come back in a flash, or did it "POP" into your head. ;)

Until we appear again,
Kipp Sherry