(Close Window)
Topic: Back Palm to Palm methods
I learned how to back palm about a year ago, and I've been using a little bit of it in my routine. Now I'm trying to show my hand empty, but the card is too big for my hand. I've been trying to use Jeff McBride's way but, yet again I've found my hand is too small. Can anyone help> if so, to stop secrets being revealed, pm me!
Bridge cards mate. Try'em, they work.

Sable
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
It's not so much the width its the length.... Any other ideas I'll take 'em!

ARI
Ah, I see your point. It may sound silly, but chop the ends off. The most important thing right now is that you learn the moves. When you get older and your hands get bigger, you'll already have the palms down. From stage it makes little difference anyway. Just shave them as little as you can, while still being able to hide them, cutting it off both ends. That way there's a good deal of the picture and as much of the pips left as possible.

Sable
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
I was thinking about that and I didn't even see it that way, thanks, I'll do that.

ARI
No problem. Just remember, there's no such thing as cheating in magic. I mean it's magic, that's what we do. ;)

Sable
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
You could use a Svengali deck also just take the shortened cards
I've got smallish hands (I think) at anyrate I can't just do the pivot and have the card covered but with practice I've learned to just pull it further down. It doesn't matter how far back (towards your wrist) the card goes so as long as you can develop the means to pull it into your fingers you'll be doing alright. I still need to work on getting mine smooth because I still have to wrestle with the card occasionally. However, it can be done. Incidently I'm going to start a thread in "It's not magic but..." or somewhere about hand size ;) Look for it.

-Dan
How do you do the backpalm to palm? I can do a backpalm but not to a normal palm :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :spinningcoin:
It takes a lot of practice to do if you want to learn it. Search for books with the pivot in them. Also Jeff McBride covers it briefly in "Card Manipulations Vol. 1".
Does anyone know how to do the finger wiggling like peter marvey did on stage on wgm3? i been working with it but the only thing i come up with is a finger palm and u can only finger palm so many cards and produce them all at once. or he back palms a small stock wiggles his fingers and spreads them and pulls the whole stock back out. any ideas?
OH NO......... not this again... search the previous threads.. we have super long discussions on this practically every day... it's a catcher... discussion closed
well sorry about that. could someone discuss what the cather acutally does?