(Close Window)
Topic: Info on illusion dealer (builder) from India?
Hi,
Somebody of you know some Indian's Illusions dealers?
I want find one cheaper sword suspension or somethings like this (any way some classic illusion) but cheaper! You know some links?
Thanks.
Eastern Shaman http://www.easternshaman.com/ may have what you need
Thanks, but I want know some Indian builder not Indonesian, any way thanks.
Some Indians Illusion Buider? (cheaper price?)
I have bought illusions made in many different countries. You must be very careful when buying cheap illusions. Sometimes they don't work.

When I was helping Kirby Van Burch put a show together, we got a Girl on Three Swords that was cheap. It would not support the weight of any of our dancers. We had to spend twice as much money rebuilding it as we did purchasing it.

So, if you can't afford to buy one that is built right, how can you afford the cost of rebuilding it?

You would be better off buying illusion plans and getting someone in your part of the world to build the illusion to your specifications.

Trust me on this.
[b]After testing some of props from India... Quality is horrible;
That is my experience. For a chair suspension. Eastern Sha. Is for dealer only
[/b] (quantity orders etc. ...) as Mak Magic, etc. ...

Maybe try Rangmagic, but not sure they have time to build something, and business unsure, you can have problems (again, my experience...).
Cheers.
Fabrice I'll trust what Mr. Palmer has said. If you're doing three swords and a girl what happens if she falls on them get something that is decently made and by a decent builder. If you can't afford to buy one right now maybe some will rent it to you. Just my thoughts.
Yes, I know about the quality, but I need one illusion dealer/builder list (from India), because in the past I found one good builder on the Magic Café, and I remember he write somethings about one chair suspension, but now I don't remember the contact.
I want build some my ideas with my design, and Indian are cheaper for build.
Can you help me please? [b]I need some links or contacts, thanks.[/b]
[quote]
On 2007-08-13 06:16, The Donster wrote:
F if your doing three swords and a girl what happens if she falls on them get something that is Decently Made and by a Decent Builder.
[/quote]

Let us not forget Melinda doing the sword suspension...and cutting the dudes balls almost off...yes those balls.

Buy quality built stuff...and know how to use it properly and safely
Listen to Bill. Ask Trixie Bond about the joys of falling off a sword suspension. That can be an extremely dangerous illusion, and if it is cheaply made you are going to be liable for any injuries to anyone you put on it. Get something quality that will hold up, you get what you pay for.
Made in China is not quality.
[quote]
On 2007-08-13 20:47, Paulo Cabrita wrote:
[/quote]
Please do research before making a comment like this. It's not China that is cheap it is the the person who contracts the work to China. Some of my best prototypes for my sign shop came from China, it seems that the Chinese can read American schematics better than Americans.

The ol' saying you get what you pay for, the same holds true to the company that is farming out the work. China does beautiful work, you just have to pay for it.
Very true. China, amongst others, has a stigma attached to it as we see so many crap toys, games etc., with the old 'Made In...' stamp on them. On the other side of the coin, I have had items imported from China that have been top notch. It's the same everywhere. If something had 'Made In Portugal' stamped on it, it doesn't mean to say it's good quality.

Mark
Yes China and India
[quote]
On 2007-08-14 05:44, magicmarkdaniel wrote:
Very true. China, amongst others, has a stigma attached to it as we see so many crap toys, games etc., with the old 'Made In...' stamp on them. On the other side of the coin, I have had items imported from China that have been top notch. It's the same everywhere. If something had 'Made In Portugal' stamped on it, it doesn't mean to say it's good quality.

Mark
[/quote]
Made in china = not same as india.

India props are cheap, but not good quality . Not for all, there is some good props too, but for illusions PLEASE NOOO !!! China or asia is far better in craftmanship for the moment, with very good workers. So don't claim bad report about china. Aceillusion, in singapour , for example make good job.

But My experience with india is horrible. I will change opinion when the builder from india will prove me their professionnalism !!! I don't put any name here, to be respectful (they are very clever) but for business it is horrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrible. I have tested that's why I give my opinion. Some people here are just saying : made in China is bad. this is not a opinion but a jugement too quick !!!same for all others countries from asia or else.

cheers
[quote]
On 2007-08-13 23:33, Mad Jake wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-08-13 20:47, Paulo Cabrita wrote:
[/quote]
Please do research before making a comment like this. It's not China that is cheap it is the the person who contracts the work to China. Some of my best prototypes for my sign shop came from China, it seems that the Chinese can read American schematics better than Americans.

The ol' saying you get what you pay for, the same holds true to the company that is farming out the work. China does beautiful work, you just have to pay for it.
[/quote]
In general the quality from China is bad!!!! And India must bad!
The rason of Cinha is very cheap work!
This is my opinion, I don't need to "research" to have care with China very cheap and bad quality!
[/quote]
"...Some of my best prototypes for my sign shop came from China.."
[/quote]

companies order in China because is cheap, very good businesses China or India work!
They can make a good work, but in general is the quality is deficient, electronic devices with precision is bad.
Enslaved working very cheap to same people bigger profit and to pay less. Of course is businesses, but the only reason the china or india "made" is the very cheap hand work!
By and large, it's not the country, it's the builders and the designers. However, if the person who designs the item doesn't know anything about the item that is being built, other than what it looks like, you are not going to get a decent product except by accident.

As an example, some of the worst cups in the world come from India. But there are also some very fine cups produced there. However, cups and illusions are two different things.

Part of the problem is materials. Unless the designer and quality control people spec high quality materials, you won't get them. There are parts of India where metal goods are made from parts of shipwrecks. How good these goods are depends on who made the ships and how well the metal was recycled.

There are some decent musical instruments that come from China. There are some horrible ones that come from China, as well.

And then there are the really weird mistakes that happen -- such as the contamination of wheat gluten with melamine a couple of months ago that resulted in the execution of a man who was in charge of the operation. And we have just heard about the massive recall of toys that were made in China, because of the lead based paint in some of them. The manager of that factory committed suicide.
REMEMBER: FISM 2009 WILL BE IN CHINA ;o)
Ok but what about some Indian links( Illusion dealer or builders)? Now I 'm in China and if you have your ideas whit your criterias and your designs is good ,and cheaper (of course only if you want build your ideas) !
I think we may be seeing some magic recalls on China based products in the near future. I have an independent tester running tests on some products and just awaiting the results. The recall on any level of these products would be huge.

As to the quality of China, again it's not China, it's the greedy person who contracts them out. I send a schematic to China for circut boards to run lighting on signs, I get different price tiers, my only concern is the quality and that it will pass UL inspection and approval. The reason I send to to China? Because I can get a prototype board done for next to nothing, then step it up to the high end board, where as the prototyping in the US would kill me. I often prototype out of China then produce it out of California. China isn't cheap, Amercian based companys are sometimes just greedy.
An INDIVIDUAL in any of the countries mentioned who takes pride in his/her work and has created a good reputaion should not be stigmatized by their location. Nor should that person be buried under the garbage some fellow countrymen turn out enmasse.

Some of the most fabulous art and craftsmanship on earth has (and still can) come out of China and for thousands of years. It can still be attained.

Magnificant Art and workmanship can still be found in Indonesia. There are great magicians and makers still there with pride in their work.

Forget the big plants and factories and mass production for the moment and put away a broad brush to paint an entire country.

Mad Jake is correct.

Doing your homework is not buying the crap that is thrown your way and then tossing it out with a swear word...a little research will find the quality you are searching for nearly everywhere...if there has been a tradition of craftsmenship, then there are still craftsmen... to dismiss them out of hand is your loss...the stickler enters the game when you are looking for cheap...then you get cheap...and many of those who contract for cheap junk mass produced are right here in the USA.

Having said that, I can understand the rankle...I too have never gotten anything out of India that was of superior quality...maybe I didn't look in the right places and relied on cheap Importers. I can't say.

But I have gotten some truly fine work out of China AND Indonesia. It is there.

But Cheap and Quality are not in the same sentence ANYWHERE.
Do not fooled by the price, some country can sell cheap not because theymake it in in low quality, but as developing country, usually they can find cheap raw material, and cheap labour/worker.

Thanks.
CC.
Yep CC...True but that is not difficult to determine with a little homework...even so there are LEVELS of cheap or what some would consider cheap.

Not a magic story but the old lady upstairs is a Quilt maker and collector. She was stunned when I brought a HAND MADE (hand Sewn) Queen sized Quilt to her for a slight repair. Impressed by the fine work to be sure. It had been made in China by someone who cared about what they were doing and probably got a whole dollar for the work if that. I went to the store and bought her one as a thank you...not telling her I paid just $15...but still a nice piece of work yet I would bet that there are people in whatever village that was, who would get $50 or a $100 for one even finer that could sell here for a couple of hundred bucks (most likely much much more if contracted by a Gallery and not a mass retailer.) still cheap for quality work.
[quote]
On 2007-08-12 16:01, Matthew W wrote:
Eastern Shaman http://www.easternshaman.com/ may have what you need
[/quote]

I have bought from this company and some of the product says it is from India! Possibly they have a factory who makes for them in India?
But the quality are good? Are you happy? If we can know waht kind of illusions did you bougth?

Paulo
No from this company it don"t come from india !
And now?
I know a magic factory in India, and he made good quality items in brass and wood!!! His production accepted worldwide in USA and European. Sunil Batra items are great.
I know personally the owner Mr. Sunil Batra he is very humble gentleman with very much care to his family!!! And himself is the very skillfull carpenter and latheman.
KC Batra is his father, one of the famous magician in India in their era.
So, do not judge the book by it is cover...;o)

Thanks,
CC.
Yes SSUCAHYO is absolute right. I know a lot of items made by Sunil Batra and they are ALL FIRST CLASS made.
Usually items made in India are of not good quality, but Sunil Batra is an exception.
The only problem for us (the customers) is that he does not sell by retail. He sells only to selected wholesalers.
[quote]
On 2007-08-24 12:07, Znarf wrote:
Yes SSUCAHYO is absolute right. I know a lot of items made by Sunil Batra and they are ALL FIRST CLASS made.
Usually items made in India are of not good quality, but Sunil Batra is an exception.
The only problem for us (the customers) is that he does not sell by retail. He sells only to selected wholesalers.
[/quote]
Hi,i am from india and I know a magic dealer from india you can contact this company they makes illusion is very good quality but only on orders check his link first and then if you like items from them you can contact him.

http://www.magicmakerindia.netfirms.com

ninad
Wher is the web site of Mr. Batra?
"NEWS MAYA" is a Magic MAgazaine from India. As per our knowledge 4 mega Illusions Manufacturer in india. but since last 4 months they are facing some communal rights & heavy rain in their areas due to thhat they are too much disturbed. out of 4 3 illusion maker lost all the tool rooms & their own house also. but as our latest knowledge they are establish their now regularly & we hope & we suggest you they will provide you as per your requirement & as per your budget all good illusions to you.
"NEWS MAYA" is a not doing magic marketing from india that's why we are not give you any name here. if yu want to know you can email us personaly.
Mr. Batra will open his site soon........

CC.
But you know, few moths before I see on the magic Café one Indian's web site( whit illusions) and it was good, but now I can't find it!
you know many other sites( for the Illusions) over estershaman, Batra,etc. etc.? thanks.
Maybe Rang magic, don't know .

Mayalink is over, he is one of the 3 builders who are in big difficulties like said by Newsmaya. Not secure for business. I suppose the one you spoke was Rangmagic,, but not sure. If you want more infos, contact me in PV. I will give you my experience. If it is another one I can't help you, but I 'm curious to know which builder you speak.
http://www.RANGMAGIC.COM This Is Real And Biggest Illusion Manufacturer From India As Our Knowledge Rang Magic Deal In More Then 39 Country With All Big Illusionist And Also Deal With Europe And USA Big Illusion Dealer
I tried rang magic and I get my illusion from them. my illusion qc done by my wife at their work shop and my wife reply its good. my wife also seen some other new illusion at their work shop in under 3500 us $ so I suggest you and other illusionist also tried RANG MAGIC other then europen builder. I also worked with europen manufacturer but I see rang magic is better then europen manufacturer domink
I also use 2 illsuion made by http://www.RANGMAGIC.COM india I like workmanship of their illsusion. iaslo buy so many small magic tricks from them.
I've been to india.. and I've spent many months there on business..

I would NEVER get an illusion built there. I've seen the general workmanship of their buildings.. and of their woodworking.. and unless I personally stood over them and either helped with or oversaw the workmanship.. I would NEVER NEVER get an illusion that required any amount of real skill done.

I'm sure there are minor exceptions.. but generally.. the raw materials are not used to their potential.. and getting machining and quality metalwork done is virtually impossible.

I've had issues with other asian builders as well.. I had some props made in indonesia.. and had HUGE issues. I was able to salvage only 25% of what I had made.. resulting in MANY thousands of dollars lost.
I Tried Rang Magic More Then 8 Times And I Also Use So Many USA Good Illusion Builder’s Illusion, And I Also Know Dominick Quality So All The Way Rang Magic Is Technically, Quality Of Goods And Price Wise A Very Best
I Have More Then 12 Illusion From http://www.Rangmagic.Com

1-Fire Spiker
2 360 Floating & Revolving Lady Automatic
3 Broomstick Suspension Revolving Automatic
4-Barstool Levitation
5-Glass Breaking Table
6-Doubel Levitation
7-Buzz Saw Of Death With Different Effect
8-Asrah Folding
9-Modern Sword & Fire Basket
10-Progressive Levitation
11-Walking Through Mirror

I Spend 89000 Us $ On Rang Magic Illusion I Happy With Rangmagic Dealing Other 3 Illusion Under Building Process By Rang Magic
News Maya Is Magic Magazine From India. Yes RANG MGAIC and MAYAJALLINK is good illusion builder from India they serve so many big illusionist from world and so many magic dealer also if any magician want to know any thing about us ( for Indian magic, magician) contact NEWSMAYA
I have piad RANG MAGIC £500. This was over a year ago for customised magic sets. I have not heard from them and I cannot contact them in any way shape or form.
Their Floating table doesn't look like a Losander table... HMMM
The 3 Sword Suspension was the first Illusion I ever bought, I had it made off a Paul Osbourne plan.
The prop turned out nice but it was very hard for me to perform as I found it hard to put the girl on the swords.
I found it worked best with me and 2 other helpers putting her on the swords because the girls must lye flat as a board... It's not a easy prop to perform well.
It could have been how my prop was made but it was as per the plans... It's not like your just picking the girl up and carrying her in your arms the weight and how you can carry her is different because she is flat etc.
I just wanted to let you know this. Cheers!