(Close Window)
Topic: Do people trade on the magic Café? (new to Café)
I have a trick I don't think I will use, do people do any trades here on the Café?

I have a deck shell, dvd, and book, but don't think I will use it.

I would love to trade this for some beginner coin magic dvd or gaff coins.

Do people do this, is there a forum for this?

Thanks
Jeff
Hi Jeff,
Welcome to the Café! There is, indeed, a forum for this and it will be available to you once you have contributed 50 posts.

Here's a great place to start...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=39&6
Great, I think trading is the best, I do it in my other hobby boardgaming a lot.

Magic tricks is even better because they are easier to ship.
This is interesting.I have a trunk full of stuff that I have never used in my life and probaly never will...more becuz I have moved into mentalism.Shall wait for my 50 posts.
Thanks to magic Café I traded my deck shell!

thanks
[quote]
On 2007-08-22 22:57, mindshrink wrote:
This is interesting.I have a trunk full of stuff that I have never used in my life and probaly never will...more becuz I have moved into mentalism. Shall wait for my 50 posts.
[/quote]
I know you are probably in a hurry and can't wait to trade your stuff, but the best thing is to wait until you reach your 50 posts to gain access to the "for sale or trade" section. If you post stuff to trade on this section, you will be told about it by one of the admins.
[quote]
On 2007-08-23 09:19, jmuscold wrote:
Thanks to magic Café I traded my deck shell!

thanks
[/quote]
This Café is great, helpful and resourceful, isn't it?
How do the trading arrangements work on the Café?
I just got a pm from a user and we agreed on a deal and then swapped addresses,
Just beware, there is no recourse for a deal gone bad. For the most part, people are good but, there are many jerks out there that are willing to cheat others.
I agee with Jay. Let the buyer or trader beware!
I agree but I will probably only trade smaller items, so the risk is not that high.
What about PDFs or ebooks? Is it legal for those to be traded?
PDF files and e-Books are protected by copyright. If you received the e-book of PDF files on a CD, you can sell the original CD as long as you don't keep copies of it on your computer (which would violate the copyright law). If you received the PDF files or e-books directly by download, you cannot legally make copies to sell or trade. There is no way you can sell or trade the files without making a copy; thus, violating the copyright law.
Thanks for clearing that up! :) And here I was thinking that I could exchange my other Steve Fearson tricks for the Goodbye Vanish.

Originally, I got these on eBay. I'm not sure if THAT was properly legal, but I got them when I didn't know where else to look. :)
If the seller on eBay was Steve Fearson (or his company, downloadmagic.com), then it was a legal purchase. If the seller was NOT Steve Fearson, and you did not receive an original Steve Fearson CD from the seller in the mail, then you ought to report the seller to Steve Fearson ( support@downloadmagic.com ) so that he can enforce his copyright.
No, I'm pretty sure it wasn't him! LOL These were tricks thrown in with a bundle of other things, $7 for some Blaine stuff, card tricks, etc. You know the pitch.

Maybe if the price of the GV hadn't been risen and was still $6.95, I'd report the guy.

I'm not one to hold grudges! :P
Again, let the buyer beware. The Café is not liable for deals gone bad!
This is a great idea. I have a lot of stuff that I would love to trade.
Here is a post in order to see the forum, only 49 more to go.
Correction. You mean 48 to go.
We are both wrong...now its 47. :) (bad joke)
Thanks for this post. I wasn't sure how many posts I needed before inwouldngain access to the trading section.
In addition to Let's Make A Magic Deal, don't forget to check out live events posted on the Magic Café. Magic clubs and other groups post notices on The Magic Café for Flea Markets, Trade Days, Auctions, etc. where magicians sell and trade magic from their personal collections.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=31&28725 (So Happy Together... is one topic often missed for get togethers)

Of course the others are easier to spot: IBM, SAM, etc.)

Bob
This is my first post...been on the Café a long time just never posted...but now I want to see the trade section...so here I begin!
Curious to see what's on the trade form! Thanks for the information.
AK
You know that you are invited to buy, sell, and trade in person with other magicians October 5-6 at Magic Valley Ranch? It is FREE and there are lectures, close-up magic, open mics, and a Friday and Saturday night shows in Bunnyheart Theater here on the ranch. (There are 17 magicians performing.) It is a family reunion open to entertainers (recording artists, magicians and clowns). This is the third year.

Meet people from the Magic Café face to face!

If you are a seller, you will need sale tables and we recommend a top of some type for shade. However, some actually sell from the trunks of their cars. The flea market is set up in the horse arena. Of course there are acres of other space if needed.

http://magicvalleymagic.com/

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=364591&forum=31&426&start=420#5

Bob Sanders (205) 755-6882 or Bob@MagicBySander.com