(Close Window)
Topic: Making my own silk wheel
Anyone familiar with the silk wheel? I used to own one made by a company in Germany, but haven't seen it in ages.

I want to make a multicolor silk wheel (instead of all red silks) for a client's theme colors. Anyone have any experience making these? Are they diamond silks for the most part?

Thanks for any insights on this.
It was orginally an idea of Marconik's. It was later made by Magic Hands which is out of business.

Richard
Define silk wheel..Howard
You can search for "silk wheel" at "The World's Online Marketplace" and see one with a short description. I would post a link, but the moderators would delete the post.
The German company Magic Hands was years ago taken over by Mephisto Belgium.
On his turn, some years ago, Mephisto was taken over by Select Magic Belgium.
The names still exist and you can reach Mephisto Magic Belgium at Tel.: 0032 (0)56 21 73 15 or mephisto@mephisto-magic.com. I don't know if they have the silk wheel.

-Koenraad
For the record if you get Marconik's Orginal magic, you will find on "Stretching Silks" on pages 142 or 143. His Streamer Blendo is on page 130 and should help with with your silks to streamer problem.

Motto: if you want to lose something just write it down in a book. BTW the date of the book is August 1967. Not too bad for a 30 year old book. New ideas today my foot!!

Richard
Richard is spreading a basic truth. If you are looking for something new, look in an old book! There is not much new stuff but the ads change. Often the "newest" one isn't even as good. READ! It has usually been available before.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
There one being market by UGM Magic of Japan and Stevens Magic Emporium...

Sal
[quote]
On 2007-08-18 19:34, asianmagic wrote:
Anyone familiar with the silk wheel? I used to own one made by a company in Germany, but haven't seen it in ages.

I want to make a multicolor silk wheel (instead of all red silks) for a client's theme colors. Anyone have any experience making these? Are they diamond silks for the most part?

Thanks for any insights on this.
[/quote]

Will we get to see a picture of your finished goods?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Yea, I've never heard of it and would like to see it if you get it made or purchased.
Owln_1
Rick,

Did the prop ever get built? How did it workout?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander