(Close Window)
Topic: Not props, but paper
I am trying to manage my newspaper stories. I have newspaper pieces about myself that have no organization at all. I've considered keeping them in a scrapbook, but many are larger than most scrapbook pages. Also, in the event I may want to remove them for promotional reproduction or whatever, I don't want them pasted onto another page. RIght now thaty are folded and placed into a file; not very organized and hard to find what I need.

What do you guys do?
You're right, this is somewhat of a messy problem.

What I've done is neatly trim and cut up the original newspaper articles to fit in one of those "magnetic" scrapbooks (with the sticky pages and plastic covers). Then, before I scrapbook the article, I scan it into my computer as a .pdf (Adobe) file.

This way, the original newpaper article is preserved behind plastic, so that it doesn't dry out and turn yellow, and I always have a digital copy to print out if I need it. Plus, you can organize the digital files into subdirectories on your computer (by date, by subject matter, by newspaper, etc.) to make it easy to find what you need. SETH
Yes, scan it with your computer so you can print them as and when you want it. You may have to resize it.
But many of them are broadsheet-size, or even full-page tabloid size. These are way too big to fit into a magnetic book ... also too big for a home scanner.
You can scan smaller sections and then join them together with Adobe Photoshop or any graphics software.

It is better to have them well done and use the scan copies as your portfolio or pubicity materials. That way the original copies will always be in good condition.
1: Copy them at Staples.
2: Keep the copies handy for reproduction.
3: Frame the originals.

Staples' copiers can handle larger size prints.
I scan everything - I have an electronic scrapbook spanning 35 years. I keep adding to it. I have started throwing a lot of the originals away - sure saves on space.
If you have a 5+ mega pixel camera you can easily accomodate broadsheet or tabloid size paper. Some good lighting and a tripod and you should be set.

I wish I had your troubles... too MUCH press ;-)

Good luck
As an editor and former reporter, I keep my clips in an artist's portfolio which can easily accomodate broadsheet pages. They feature plastic covers and acid-free backing and have preserved original newpaper clippings for many years. These are available at any art supply dealer for under $100 for a nice leather one.
Marc
Definitely make sure everything you use for physical (not computer) storage is acid-free. Newspaper and newsprint isn't actually meant to last a lifetime, but you can help it along by assuring there's no chemical acids in the storage process.

Steve
Take your originals to Kinko's and have them laminated. Before you have them laminated, have them scanned and enhanced so they look good. Save the enhanced versions on disk. Then you can print out what you need.