(Close Window)
Topic: Who Manufacturs the Best Folding Coin?
Just curious as to your thoughts. I would love to see one where there is no visible lines to the naked eye. Not sure if one is out or if that's even possible (i wouldnt think so) but I have seen ones that are better than others.

Your thoughts?
Get one from Roy. K. His are the best in my opinion. Johnson is my second choice. Sasco, then tago. The tango folder's have an internal system(mine does at least) and when the band breaks, it causes to much hassle to get it back in. I'd rather have a band groove than spending 2 hours replacing a band. I use a silver metal putty(hardened into a mold but removeable) to cover my groove.
You know its the luck of the draw on these. Some times you get 100 that come out great and that 101 has visable lines. I have to say that Roy Has great products and yes Johnson is great also. There are others that have great custome work but the price is high depending on your budget. I sell the Johnson flipper and so far every one that I have recieved has been very good.
Years ago when I bought Johnson > quarter, I thought I got ripped off. I saw nothing.
Get the custom one from either Schoolcraft n Lassen

Cheers
Andre
I think my folder is a Johnson and it's just fine! I opened my "special" coin case looking for my Johnson flipper today and it has vanished (best one I've done to date) so I'm using it as my excuse to call Jamie to order a gravity flipper!
http://www.precisionmagic.com/reviews.htm

"Bite coin plus" at precision magic is suppose to be top of the line.
I would go with Johnson's. They have the best quality.
I would go with Johnson's as well.
Johnson it is. Bravo
I was looking at that bite coin plus. Any other reviews on this one? See, I owned a johnson and I wasnt too thrilled with it. I don't know if it was becuase I used it so often or what not but to my eye I could clearly see the lines. Now, contrary to this, I know that the spectator would not be looking for this so its not that big of a deal, I just wanted to know what the best ones out there were.

If anyone else could give a review of the Bite Coin Plus that would be great!

Thanks for everyone's responses.
TriXter9669, here is a link about the coin. Three pages worth, you should be able to make a decision after a lot of reading.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=195142&forum=109
Thanks Tbaer I appreciate it!
I really enjoy my Butter Coin (http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=664).
Stick with the Johnson Coins.
Johnson coins ARE fantastic though. All in all, I'd say the best gaff for the green.
Johnson makes very good folding coins. I've noticed, however, that coins minted in some years make better folders than other years. For Instance, the gaffs made with the years 1971 & 1972 are better looking and the cuts don't seem to show as much. Also, if you're using Kennedy halves, the right hand cut should follow Kennedy's profile for the best look. Just my opinion.
[quote]
On 2007-09-12 01:03, DaddyDoodle wrote:
I really enjoy my Butter Coin (http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=664).
[/quote]

The Buttercoin has limited use. It has a great cut but you can forget doing coin in bottle with it. IF you don't do coin in bottle then it is an alright coin.

Actually, the best folding quarters I've seen are from Sterling Magic. Johnson's have a great folding half dollar but I have yet to find a better cut folding quarter than sterling's.
2 words..."Profile Cut" I know that Johnson used to make Halves and Quarters with Profile Cuts. Also years ago El Duco and Steerling both made very high quality folding coins. You want to get a coing that has a profile cut, and not just a partial profile but full profile cut..,Good Luck...O and BTW the best coin for Coin in the Bottle is the one you get from the spectator...they can look and touch all they want. But as soon as you give it to me...POW!!! right inside the bottle...I do it at least a dozen times a night in my clubs...each one just a bit different...just something to think about because if you stick with magic you will see and understand a whole lot more...Good Luck to ya hope this helps in your quest...
I have one from a guy in Georgia named "Adamson", and it's pretty darned well-made.

Steve
Bite coin plus is my choice, Johnson is not even close to this coin.
Blah blah... I'm testing the old pages, I can still access them after the crash
It seems, to me, you can only do so much in manufacturing a folding coin. I've used Lassen for virtually everything else, but the Johnson folders are just fine.
I've never had any problems with Johnson's coins.
I know this is an old thread, but I have a couple of 1971 Johnson folding halves. When doing the biting routine, I secretly put the bitten off piece from the second coin in my mouth before starting the routine. When I bite the coin I am able to pull the bitten off piece from my mouth. I pretend to put it back in my mouth before restoring the bitten coin. It kills. My Johnsons are extremely well made, though over 25 years old. They are cut along the Kennedy profile. Just make sure no one sees the edge! That happened to my once in a highly lit room. Not cool!
I second the Butter Coin by Louridas as a practical recommendation. It's a nice, thick portion of coin that folds over, and it's well made. David Roth gave me that suggestion for his favorite coin through table coin. If the real question, though, is who makes the BEST folding coin, I would guess Todd Lassen. He has a way of cutting folding coins that completely hides the lines, though I only have flipper from him and not any folding coins.
I only buy folders off Bob Swadling. Virtually invisible cut and a great price.
I've found that with all gaffed coins, generally the best are the ones you ended up not buying. Despite all deliberation and advice, the other one is always better.
[quote]
On 2007-08-30 16:59, jbk2006 wrote:
Get one from Roy. K. His are the best in my opinion.
[/quote]

Who is Roy K. ?
Roy Kueppers from Canada.