(Close Window)
Topic: a chat room?
There always seems to be somewhere in between six to twelve users on line whenever I sign in.

My question therefore is the following:
Would it be at all possible to have a link somewhere on the site to a chat room where members could chat live and get to know a little more about each other aside from their views on magic?

I'm not suggesting in anyway that you subsitute an extremely effective and effecient message board for live interaction.

I just thought the idea of a chat room was cool.

many thanks,
Gonz
:carrot: :banana:

ps, when is the "exposing of secrets poll" going to be closed?
when will we know when/if a decision has been made on this topic?
Gonz,
Not a bad idea. Sometimes I get to chatting with someone via PMs and a little chat room would be of use. Perhaps someone could make a closed room at some site we could go to or something. I'll leave all that to the experts.

Sable
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:
That Sounds like a good idea. I only know of forum that has a chat room with it. I think a chat room would go over very well.

Upclse
[quote]
On 2002-02-11 21:03, semianimus wrote:
Perhaps someone could make a closed room at some site we could go to or something.[/quote]

Delightful idea, Sable.
I suppose the chat room wouldn't HAVE to be linked from the Cafe.
Just so long as there was one.

Gonz
:carrot: :banana:
Well, :hrmph: we can't have a chat room in the kitchen, :sure..: just too busy, busy, busy. :snail:
:idea:

:cuteangel:
:no: Sorry guy's :no:
This topic has been brought up before. There is just too many problems with so-called chat rooms. For starters, they are a breeding ground for viruses! :fruity:

Perhaps in the future we may consider it, until that happens, you will have to use ye olde private messages. :smoke:
Also, besides viruses, they have been known to start bitter fights on websites. People on other magic websites insult each other for the stupidest things. And I just think we should keep it as a clean and friendly environment here. This is a nice alternative compared to others.. :fruity:
Just a suggestion, but you could check to see if the folks you're wanting to chat with have AIM, Yahoo messenger, or MSN messenger, and use those chat utilities. That information is listed in everyone's profile, if they have filled out that part of the profile form.

:patty: Mary B.