(Close Window)
Topic: True Miracle or invisible thread ?
Hi evrybody,

What do you thing about this video:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JDp3nPQqL_o&mode=related&search=
Look at the very beginning, the priest hold his hands closed, each side of the Holly Body. I don't know if it is a usual thing, or if he sets an invisible thread or something else. What do you thing about this video? (Perhaps I should post on Christian Treads!).
Chris
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Sep 11, 2007 02:34PM)
Too bad they couldn't get rid of the "bounce."
Looks like they need some help. Maybe a helicopter spin with some blood spurting out of it would liven things up. Perhaps a Hippity Hop Host for the children.
Ugh, this is tough to watch. I really hope it is true because otherwise how terribly tragic and sad.
Geez, that is so bad. Takes you back to the old days when the priests used magic to keep the people in line.
So fake.
What do you mean by "old days"?
Not miracle, shame too that people will try to "help" God along like that.
Yeah, I hate when people try to help me.

love,

god, the devil.
As usual this is an invisible thread routine that goes TOO long. :)

Once the thing did it's original 'BOING', what was the point of the extra minute and a half of footage.
Billy, the point is *supposed* to be that you can see the different colored vestments through the two wafers as the priests move around, proving the levitation.

I know this because I read the text. I had to read the text because I completely missed the levitation the first time I watched the clip. I guess I'm just not very susceptible to observing the miraculous. :)

Jeff
(looks around nervously)

Yeah, I would never do anything like this.

(sweat forms)
I believe it. I make pancakes so light that they always float in the air. However, when you stab 'em with a fork, the helium leaks out.

Bill
Hmmm looks like a business scam to me...
I do admire those green robes. You could hide bunches of bunnies in each sleeve.

Did folk eat the "Hosts" afterwards? Did they feel lighter in spirit or get a thread caught in their teeth?
That the camera is strategically placed and the point of view is an unusual one are cause for suspicion, I think. How convenient it is that these combine to show the "phenomenon" so well. From a slightly different vantage point the whole effect would be lost.

Bill
!VIVA CHARLATANISM!
I would guess Electro magnet...I'll look into the wafer thing later.
If you were a priest and suddenly your holy toast started to float, wouldn't you look mildly surprised?

This guy looks like he's about to fall asleep, maybe he hasn't seen the floaty toast, or is this supposed to be an every day occurance at the Church of the Fancy Robes?
Someone should turn it into one of those scare videos.
After the first movement, you set there and watch it real close.
If a scary face was to pop up with a scream, it would have got me!!

Randi
After watching more attentivly, the priest seem having his hands open and not closed before the elevation, as I thought. But anyway. You are right Billy, the priest seems not to be surprised, and just after the elevation he makes the sign, and looks at his left for taking a bowl (something like that), as it was something very usual! Never this kind of thing happen in a celebration. I would be so impressed that I would be stopped for doing anything else! I can not believe he hasn't seen what happen too!...
The other Priests see this guy as some kind of joker so they do nothing. We all know a guy like this...This one just became a priest :)
Billy James, your post is the second time in one day I encountered the term "holy toast," which I had never heard before. The other encounter was in a book I just bought. Is this coincidence or something supernatural? I think the universe is trying to tell me to eat more toast.

Bill
A toast to that statement!
But Slim. . . we are guys like that. You guys have got to be kidding. . . you know you would have done it too! ;)

Mark
MARK RAVEN POSTING HERE: ***THAT*** is the true miracle of invisible thread...
Colour changing robes might have been cool

steve
I am simply shocked about having cameras in church! How sacreligious is that! To have your miracles on film where folks could remark on the bouncing action of the thread floating your holy toast! I mean really! ;}
k
It didn't levitate due to thread - it was all the hot air surrounding it!

"Love,
God, the Devil"

I love that.
Myst, you crack me up! :rotf:
[quote]
On 2007-09-13 11:52, Gede Nibo wrote:
MARK RAVEN POSTING HERE: ***THAT*** is the true miracle of invisible thread...

[/quote]

oh I'm here, just looking over all you all's shoulders. hmmmm. . . some of you need to be ashamed. . . does your mother know about that?
Mark, even if you're looking over our shoulders, I'm glad to see you back. And Mark, what we're doing is P R A C T I C I N G ! Hey, we might even meet a real girl some day!

Bill
Heh heh heh heh heh, yeah, I'm with you. . . someday.

Mark
Well, I'll be the one to breach the subject. Which one of us is going to post a video of a holy water lotta-bowl routine.

"And the masses thirsted no more".

Michael
Lotta bowl? heck I was just going to put the garden hose up my voluminous sleeves and plug the end into the base of the chalice......