(Close Window)
Topic: Real Ghost...Taylor Imagineering
Before the crash, a topic turned up by Taylor Imagineering and his website. After giving it a good look, discovered a nice piece called Real Ghost. Watched the video and it was something that I felt could fill a void in one of my routines.

So... simply asked a few questions within the topic like.... can it be performed over and over without reset? Can the person be cued with multiple taps or just one? Also there seems to be a jacket hanging on the spectators chair, does it have to be there? To me, these are important questions for a professional to consider.

I also had mentioned that I'd be interested in buying multiple gimmicks. Low and behold, the lame answer from Mr. Taylor was "Watch the video, what you see is what you get!"

Once again, a lame answer from another creator who is just to freakin good to help a potential customer out. (Customer service is getting bad in the magic market). My answer to him is, "I've watched Criss Angels videos, and what you see is [b]not[/b] what you get." Sorry the video isn't going to make the sell! And that answer, to me, builds major suspicion!

I only want to check into it first as the piece is 300.00 and am not going to throw away good cash based on a video. Ive been around to long and have seen souped up videos to sell a lame gimmick. For 50.00 ill take the risk, but not for the price of this piece, and definitely not on multiple orders.

Sooooo... does anybody out there want to give credibility to this piece with some meat behind their comments, or should I just move on and keep using my PK Touches routine as it is.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 22, 2007 01:29PM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-22 13:58, videokideo wrote:

So... simply asked a few questions within the topic like.... can it be performed over and over without reset? Can the person be cued with multipe taps or just one?

I also had mentioned that Id be interested in buying multiple gimmicks. Low and behold, the lame answer from Mr. Taylor was "Watch the video, what you see is what you get!"
[/quote]

If I can help...

The three videos you can watch on the Taylor's website (PK Touch, The Wasp, The Spirit Bell) can be actually performed as you see them, thanks to the Real Ghost.

I, for example, came up with four different routines of my own for the R.G. and I have already performed two of them (which I named "The Volic Force 2007" and "The Intelligence Of Plants & Flowers") more than once. With great results, I must add.

And I know Luke Jermay and Patrick Redford came up with some other routine...

I would say that the friendly ghost is a great gizmo.

As for the multiple taps - No - you cannot with a factory made ghost... unless it can be custom build exactly as I have in my mind now... then, you could do that, but I don't find it necessary and neither practical.
I'm very interested in it, sooooo close to putting an order in right now...

at the current exchange rates, its £150...aint bad considering what it seems you can do with it...
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 22, 2007 01:51PM)
Oh, Yes - In my above post, I did forget to add that I have also used the ghost to CUE some info to a secret helper.

So, also think about that, you can do some simple (or less simple) coding with the Ghost.

With the many uses I came up for it up to now, I REALLY believe that using it JUST for "PK Touch" is to waste the versatility of the Ghost.
Thanks Lord....

Can you answer the question about the jacket on the chair in the video. Is it necessary. Trying to get an idea on the setup needed. Sounds good so far!
I've done business several times with Mr. Taylor and have found him to be very gracious, honest and always accessible. Lame is about the last word I'd use to describe anything he's said or done in our transactions.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 22, 2007 02:26PM)
Videokideo,

I have never used ANY jacket in any of MY routines. So - it can be done.

And MY various sets-up only took a few seconds.

Believe me - the gizmo in itself is much, much simpler than what you may be thinking now (and I mean that in a good sense!) and it is very light to carry AND small (I can carry up to two (2) Ghosts into one (1) pocket of my pants).
The ghost may be used to cue information - with some creative thinking . They're small. The operation is very simple. It "taps" someone without physically tapping them.
[quote]
On 2007-09-22 15:20, Bill Cushman wrote:
Lame is about the last word I'd use to describe anything he's said or done in our transactions.
[/quote]

Im not trying to be rude by using the word lame... but when a potential customer asks very simple questions, and the answer is just short of blowing that customer off, that to me is lame! Look at Lord... somehow he has answered each question, yet he gains nothing as the creator would. Its called customer service. Maybe Im just a nobody to him.... who knows.

Lord... once again, thanks. And also to you, Patrick!

Anyway, Ill go ahead and order one for now, maybe another after. And LORD should get the commission on this sale! At the very least, a big thank you!
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 22, 2007 02:44PM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-22 15:38, videokideo wrote:
[quote]
Look at Lord... somehow he has answered each question, yet he gains nothing as the creator would. Its called customer service. Maybe Im just a nobody to him.... who knows.

Lord... once again, thanks.

Anyway, Ill go ahead and order one for now, maybe another after. And LORD should get the commission on this sale! At the very least, a big thank you!
[/quote]

Do not worry, I will ask Christopher for a BIG discount on the next item I will buy from him ;) :)
Praise the Lord!

I'm edging that bit closer each and every post...i especially like the spirit bell effect..has my cogs turning in every direction...
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 22, 2007 04:17PM)
I want to extend an apology to videokideo if he felt "blown off" as it was certainly NOT my intention to do so. I recall answering several other questions from you very openly but I honestly thought that with your last question we were reaching the limit of what chould be discussed while retaining my right to keep the actual secret of the effect a secret. To those of you who have come to my aid here, thank you for doing that and for pointing out to me ways to give the gentleman the info he wanted without going too far. Since Real Ghost is now mostly out of the closet, so to speak, I will be happy to answer questions about it either here or on a PM. Cheers, all.

Christopher
If I buy one next week, will you promise to sign the instructions with something vaguely fun and offense? oh please! I collect them...i have some marvellous swearing and insults in some of my books...

my ultimate aim is to corner jerry sadowitz and let him go to town...
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 22, 2007 04:22PM)
Christopher, then, because the Real Ghost is out of closet...

I can add YET ANOTHER THING... You can use that little jewel to cause some object to FALL!

A little recap:

- It can tap people
- It can cue / code some info
- It can cause objects to fall down
- It is easy to operate

FIVE STARS OUT OF FIVE!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 22, 2007 04:26PM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-22 17:21, abraxus wrote:
If I buy one next week, will you promise to sign the instructions with something vaguely fun and offense? oh please! I collect them...i have some marvellous swearing and insults in some of my books...

[/quote]

You got it abraxus! :)

Christopher
Excellent... you do ship to england don't you?

if you do, expect an order on friday at some point...
Practical for a on the spot strolling/Close up performance right? I'd like to end my senior year (next year) with a marvelous demonstration with this :)
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 22, 2007 05:01PM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-22 17:35, Blindside785 wrote:
Practical for a on the spot strolling/Close up performance right?
[/quote]
YES, it can be used close-up AND with informal groups.
As someone who has known Christopher for many years, I can add that the thought,work and care he puts into the remarkable products he produces is rare indeed. He subscribes to a scarce work ethic being, "good enough isn't good enough".

Moreover, the warranty on his website http://www.taylorimagineering.com speaks volumes of his sincerity to stand behind everything he sells.

Relax, buy & enjoy. Your audiences will thank you.

Hennessey
SOLD! order going in this friday...can't wait...
[quote]
On 2007-09-22 18:01, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-09-22 17:35, Blindside785 wrote:
Practical for a on the spot strolling/Close up performance right?
[/quote]
YES, it can be used close-up AND with informal groups.
[/quote]This is starting to ...sound... sexy
Thanks Willow.... once again, never was a personal attack, but frustration of wanting something but not getting the info needed to purchase. The video helps see the routine, but as I stated I know longer trust video. Anything can look good.

I now have heard what I need to hear and will be purchasing next week. I never doubted the product, but more or less, wanted to know if it would work for me in my environment. It will, and sounds like other ideas are available.

On the up side, looks like this topic has sparked other attention and sales, so congrats on that, and Ill take the commission! LOL
[quote]
On 2007-09-22 17:22, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Christopher, then, because the Real Ghost is out of closet...

I can add YET ANOTHER THING... You can use that little jewel to cause some object to FALL!

A little recap:

- It can tap people
- It can cue / code some info
- It can cause objects to fall down
- It is easy to operate

FIVE STARS OUT OF FIVE!
[/quote]

This is infact one of the many suggested applications I sent off to Christopher. We think alike again!
Nuff Said......I'll wait for this too long.....I will place an order after Halloween
So, this is an electronic product. are there any chances it can fail?
kiki
Well, that's a loaded question really isn't it..of course any electronic product can fail if not looked after or used without care...

he's got a cracking c.v. and endorsements...people don't usually put their names to things that keep going wrong...he's got a warranty kinda promise on his site too I believe..
I once had a bad experience with an electronic device. and that device is praised as one of the best electronic-devices ever invented in mentalism. it just failed because of a microphone I used which disturbed the working. so I don`t want to live in fear if I use an electronic device in a show where I don`t use my own microphone, and this will happen again!
kiki
[quote]
On 2007-09-23 07:33, KiKi wrote:
So, this is an electronic product. are there any chances it can fail?
kiki
[/quote]

if you afraid this might Fail on you, then by all means....Buy Two......
Mesmer, I wonder why you will order it! ;)
I thought you are very sceptical with electronic devices!
kiki
That is why I might buy Two....just when I bought Pshychic Clipboard....and YES my prediction comes tru...NOW One of them is NOT FUNCTION well.....at least I got a spare.....and with this Ghost thing.....Im confident with the Credibility of the creator....I might buy TWO :)...lets wait till I get my first Ghost...then I might decide if another one is the right move or Not....if Not....you might see this For Sale at the other section of the Café...and I'll back using the Old PK Touch
I love this device... and due to time constraints... I haven't been able to finish a project of a small ebook I told Christopher about ... The Spectral Touch.... which is a way to use RG with some alt. wild things... I'm just making sure it is all polished before hand...

included will be:

The Spectral Garrote

The Return of the Sorcerer (ala Clark Ashton Smith)

The Whispering(or Screaming) Crystal Skull

And a slew of other terror-themed effects from your friendly neighborhood mizarrist...

Since I won't have a chance to finish it in time for Halloween - I'll aim for Candlemass for you Witches Sabbath folks...

Christopher - you should post about this device in SPOOKY as well...!!!

My only regret - it is that anyone can buy it :(... it is too good... oh well.
Hope the $300 price tag make this exclusively to Working Pro....or at least Semi Pro....
...or rich guy...
I'm sure it will keep the people not serious about doing magic/mentalism away.
I hope Taylor has find a way to keep this being expose on TV....dont want the $300 Investment goes on the drain and make this as the next Thumb Tip or Large Scale Illusions that has been exposed
ZForgive me if this has already been mentioned but I'm just curious if this is available now or is it only pre-order? I really like Chris' products, Equinox V2 and a couple of the effects from Inside Out serve me very well!

Cheers,
Al
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 23, 2007 07:34PM)
Al,

This is available now! :)
Al, go to http://www.taylorimagineering.com for order info.

Hennessey
I ordered a ghost after reading here about it's capabilities even though funds are tight right now. This just sounds like something that I'd like to use.

My thoughts were that the ghost should be a great addition to a seance (assuming that the tap can be done while seated, etc). If it is possible to summon a dead spirit to tap somebody on the shoulder (and even better if it could be done while everybody holds hands), I think that person might just wet themselves or at least jump up screaming...
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 24, 2007 06:47AM)
Catman,

A SEANCE is a perfect context for a Ghost ... ;)
I have also ordered a ghost but prior to reading this review.

I must say that the service I have received from Christopher has been the best service I have ever received and I can't wait to receive the ghost as I know it is going to be something I can use.

Dean
[quote]
On 2007-09-24 00:54, Catman wrote:
I ordered a ghost after reading here about it's capabilities even though funds are tight right now. This just sounds like something that I'd like to use.

My thoughts were that the ghost should be a great addition to a seance (assuming that the tap can be done while seated, etc). If it is possible to summon a dead spirit to tap somebody on the shoulder (and even better if it could be done while everybody holds hands), I think that person might just wet themselves or at least jump up screaming...
[/quote]

Great ideas... id love to be there to see a reaction. Watch the video, paticularly the WASP part. I wouldnt do a tap in the seance.. imagine saying you feel breathing accross your neck and then they feel it. Breathing on a neck is a, well, personal gesture and invasion of personal space. You sure as heck don't want it happening from a ghost!

I think you could even add to the effect by with adjectives... such as WARM breathing. Theyd swear they felt it.
I have several of mr. Taylor's releases (books and dvd)and I love each and every one of them.
I'm sure this one is an AMAZING idea also. The problem is - for me - that I fear electronics. I tend to believe that electronics can let you down at... bad times.
Am I wrong ? I do not intend this to be a criticism on a product I don't know, I just wonder.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 24, 2007 01:13PM)
Ringo,

As a general rule, you are not wrong. At least, to me, you are not.

It's been years now that I'm posting on the Cafè and if you have read my posts I have ALWAYS (without one single exception) favored low-tech stuff.

Not only that, but one time that I made a single exception was with a product too expensive for what really is and - without naming it - because I don't want to start a debate that would be off-topic in this thread - let's just say it is a device that has failed with MANY other Mentalists.

Not so with the Real Ghost.

I must admit that even if I fell in love with Christopher's idea the very moment he explained me the method, I knew devices can fail on you.

Anyway, I took the plunge and I bought TWO Real Ghosts on the spot.

And I'm VERY GLAD I did.

These little creatures have to be among the most reliable electronic stuff I ever saw. And - believe me or not - I tested them hard up to now.

They work like a charm!

However, my motto is "Always be ready with a back up plan or to get a rationale explanation to your audience for the failure".

As for any doubt or worry you might have... Would I recommend [b]Christhoper Taylor[/b] back-up service AND customer assistance?

Well, I can only speak in the short run - for now - but I would say - YOU CAN BET ON IT!
Lord....

I noticed no pm's can be sent to you. I wanted to find out the piece that failed you and many others. I have two electronic items that have failed me and wanted to know if either was the one you speak about.

This is what I was talking about when I stated I would team up the Real Ghost with Banacheks Touches. Banacheks would be the fallback if something were to go wrong. I use Banachek touches now, so already know it works, but if I can back away and cause the same effect, will use the Real Ghost unless the other is needed for backup.
Roll on friday, that's all I'm saying...can't wait to place my order...

Though I don't know Mr. Cavalli, I have bought a couple of his e-books, and I trust his opinion on these things for some reason...

sometimes you really have to read between the lines on some reviews and recommendations, but it's good to see such honest reactions from people over something...you can almost hear the glee in what they typed..

I have a small notepad full of ideas already, and I've not even bought the thing..

come on friday...get a wriggle on!
Hey Abraxus, I had worked up 8 routines before I got it - waiting for it to arrive - and now I am actually perfecting them - the thing is that good once you realize what it is :)

It is a perfect spook-show / seance friend... but much more as well.

I think they should charge $500 for it for all the support and material that will come with it over time.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 24, 2007 03:05PM)
Bruce,

I'm still waiting for the good Christopher to open the gates of the INNER FORUM for buyers of the Real Ghost, so that we all can share our different routines...
That's the thing Dr. Spektor, I can only half guess its potential, and I genuinely have no clue what it'll look like..i never usually bother with electronics either!

I'm grinning as I write this in pure anticipation!
I am not looking for exposure but I have to ask 1 thing. I saw in the Touches thread "I.T". Does this mean Invisible Touch or the other "I.T" that many "magicians" use? I only ask this because I am thinking about purchasing this but I HATE "I.T" that "magicians" use. It isn't the item, it's me. If you can't answer the question, I understand. Thanks. I hope this makes sense.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 24, 2007 05:28PM)
Oyama: I've PMed you.

Christopher
I have been lurking on this topic for a few days now and I thought to myself.... jeez, I should pipe in!
I ordered the 'Real Ghost' last week and I am VERY excited about bringing it into my sordid world of Paranormal entertainment. :)

I have a few ideas up my sleeve... but at the moment have NO idea how the effect works, so I eagerly await the delivery of the package. As many have said, the anticipation is Great and I am glad to hear some kind remarks about the effect from some well informed people here.

I've got my ear to the ground.... I can hear the Ghost faintly now.... yessss, it will soon be HERE!
Can you imagine this being done at a high school?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 24, 2007 07:10PM)
There will be a web site dedicated to Real Ghost up and running soon. The esteemed Mr Peter Nardi, of Alakazam Magic fame, is seeing to its construction. When it is up, there will be a section that is accessible only by password which will be provided to those who have purchased the Ghost. On the restricted section there will be lots of instructional video clips, pdf text files and a discussion forum. On the forum, we will be able to share the exciting tips, routines and ideas that are so quickly emerging. Cheers.

Christopher
Thanks LOTH and others, I have ordered and now join the long list of people keen to put RG through its paces. Fantastic way to fulfill the touches premise by the look of it.

Cheers,
Al
Dang... my commission check is going to be huge! Helps when you have the Lord near! LOL!
Thanks, Paolo.
I value your opinion, as you know. I'll try to mail you soon, there's something I want to discuss, but it has nothing to do with the real ghost...
Paolo Cavalli said 'you cannot have multiple taps with factory made ghost'but then he stated 'you can cue and code info':my question can you send multiple cues or is one shot cueing ?? pm me the answer if you fear to reveal too much in open forum
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 25, 2007 06:21PM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-25 13:30, Traveler wrote:
Thanks, Paolo.
I value your opinion, as you know. I'll try to mail you soon, there's something I want to discuss, but it has nothing to do with the real ghost...
[/quote]
Anytime!

[quote]
On 2007-09-25 18:29, Mariagi wrote:
Paolo Cavalli said 'you cannot have multiple taps with factory made ghost'but then he stated 'you can cue and code info':my question can you send multiple cues or is one shot cueing ?? pm me the answer if you fear to reveal too much in open forum
[/quote]
You can use it for multiple coding / cueing. No reset is needed!

I tell you more - I came up with a little device, simple and effective, to enhance and make the multiple cueing surefire.

I tested it in combo with the Real Ghost and the results were pretty good. I called it my 3P System.

If you or any other person who bought the Real Ghost want to know what my 3P System is, I will share with them.

However, in order for you to readily understand how this simple add-on works, you must already have received your Real Ghost.
LOTH, thanks for taking the time to help us all out in our purchase decision making process - I hope you earn some commission!

You mention that no reset is necessary...what is the clean-up situation? Can the mentalist in those demo videos walk away?

Thanks,

Scott.
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 26, 2007 11:27AM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-25 20:54, ScottJ wrote:
what is the clean-up situation? Can the mentalist in those demo videos walk away?

Thanks,

Scott.
[/quote]
If you are a VERY RICH Mentalist, then you can do it! :lol:

Seriously now, it depends. If you have the friendly ghost on you, YES!

Otherwise, NO! But this applies to any device or prop in the world and I don't see why the Real Ghost should be different, so your question was maybe a loaded one.

P.S: Two 3P System scripts have been sent out to some happy Ghost users. :)
Paulo!

I just recieved my ghost... and I would be interested in hearing about your 3P System. :)
I have started to play with it and I can see some interesting applications.

Now its time to put it to the test....
Paolo,

I'd appreciate learning about your 3P System. I just ordered Flytrap from you so you should have my email address.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 26, 2007 07:04PM)
Phew!! What a wonderful response; thank you all! As I have posted on my site, the first run of Real Ghost is SOLD OUT. I have already begun work on the second run but it will take me several weeks to put them together. If you were waiting for MindVention, I promised I would have some there and I will. Otherwise, you can reserve one of the incubating Ghosts by emailing me at info@taylorimagineering.com. Cheers.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 26, 2007 07:14PM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-26 20:04, willowtaylor wrote:
Phew!! What a wonderful response; thank you all! As I have posted on my site, the first run of Real Ghost is SOLD OUT. [/quote]
:yippee: When a product is THAT good, it deserves the success it gets! :thumbsup:
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 26, 2007 07:18PM)
Thanks Paolo: Did you get my note about your 3P System??

Christopher
3P system again demos the genius of Paolo and the amazing utility item the RG is (and the Genius of CT) -> say, anyone see the film Our Man Flint with the 86 function lighter? RG is shaping up to be that.
Congrats on selling out...!!!!!!!!
Hi Paolo,

I havbe an RG on its way and would love to hear about 3P system. Would have PM'ed you but I think your bos might be full.

Flytrap is beautifully elegant and simple BTW. Put it to use for the first time last weekend - fantastic.

Cheers,
Al
Hi All,
Having followed this topic for the last few days, thought I had better find out what it was all about so called in to see Peter at Alakazam and he demmed it for me! well after parting with some hard earned money! I am now the proud own of my own Real Ghost - this is a superb item with many applications limited only by your imagination - I am looking forward to the forum to exchange ideas with others. Christopher Taylor has done an excellent job in providing us with a really professional piece of kit.If you are interested in getting one contact Peter Nardi at Alakazam.
Regards
Chris
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Sep 27, 2007 01:08PM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-26 21:26, Dr Spektor wrote:
3P system again demos the genius of Paolo and the amazing utility item the RG is[/quote]
Thank you, Bruce.

Sorry, I did not mention that people who want the simple explanation of the 3P System Add-On for the Real Ghost, should mail me to paolo_cavalli@yahoo.com.mx
I have just received my ghost this morning and it blew me away.

This is the most wonderful item I have ever received and so very useable and beautifully made with the worker in mind.

Thank you Christopher as this is a real gem

Dean
I'll be using this in a mummy presentation for Halloween.... a PK touches where the mummy is touched and the spec feels the touch... confirming the person does have the reincarnated spirit of the mummy within her :)

I'll be across the room when this occurs :)

Oh yes.... such a wonderful device!
What is the hookup for the device if used in a situation where the particpant is seated in a chair with nothing else around? I'm considering using this to add to my existing touches routine but need to be sure its practical for me. PM me if you don't want to say on a public board.
Just Pm Christopher - he is a great guy
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 28, 2007 08:40AM)
I'd like to make sure that anyone who has ordered/received a Ghost has also received the pdf instruction file. If you did not get it, please pm or email me. Cheers.

Christopher
I hope the following are not obtuse questions:

1. Any difficulties with bringing this aboard an aircraft in carryon luggage? I ask because I was unable to bring Pace's the Igniter on a recent flight, and dislike checking in luggage for any gig. Any odd-looking electronic device might at least require explanation during xray scan.

2. Can RG be reset on stage?

3. Are secondary utility items required for usage, or is it self contained?

Thanks much.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 28, 2007 06:03PM)
Brian: I will send you a PM.

Christopher
[quote]
On 2007-09-25 19:21, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-09-25 13:30, Traveler wrote:
Thanks, Paolo.
[/quote]
Anytime!

Paolo, can you please PM me here ? Thanks in advance !
I am very interested in getting on the list as I would like to add this to my routines. One question, keep in mind that I am fairly new to all this, how far can the performer stand away from the 2 spectators?

How do I get my name on the ordering list?

Thanks,

The CiscoKid
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 29, 2007 10:03PM)
CiscoKid: You are all ready on it :)
"how far can the performer stand away from the 2 spectators?" I like answering that one: You are in complete control of when the touch is applied and you do not even have to be in the building! Cheers.

Christopher
Received the Real ghost and the 3P system. thanks go to mr. Taylor for the ghost I knew it was great just by reading this thread. thanks go to mr.Cavalli for the 3P cueing machine and for his open answers to questions.
Does RG really feel like a touch? or does it feel like a vibration/shock?

What else can it be built in to, other than a jacket?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Sep 30, 2007 05:12PM)
Vincent: I will pm you.
Presented well - it will feel like a ghost touch
Chris,

I will order through Hocus Pocus so that I can use my AMX

Thanks,

The CiscoKid
I got to experience this at MindVention. I can attest that it feels like a light tap. I also asked a spouse who had sat for a demo what she felt. She said it was a touch as well. This little critter is diabolical. I got one at MV but I"m thinking I might have a use for three at once.
I KNEW IT WAS A CRITTER....!!!!!
HI

I would like to know if it is electronic or mechanical gimmick...
If electronic... is it remote controlled ??
Yes, it's remote, so you control it at your convience and storyline, fantastic item!
Just saw the Demo and it looks truly great, and an answer to a lot of PK touching freaks like me that would love the cleanest verison, but the price and the lack of info(IM PICKY) has me biting my teeth. Would love to see this in person.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 16, 2007 09:40AM)
Paisa23: Sorry you missed MindVention this year. I was performing Ghost almost continuously in the dealers room and sold out there. What you see on the demo is what happens for real and many will attest to that. After reading the posts here, please fire me a pm with any questions you have. Happy to see you've still in the non-smoker ranks :cool: Cheers.

Christopher
Grrr... One day, one day! It sounds and looks fantastic! It looks what real magic(?) or mysticism would look like.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 16, 2007 10:26AM)
An interesting comment Nathan and one I want to thank you for. The idea of creating a sense of a MYSTIC experience is a goal I continuously aspire to. Cheers.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 16, 2007 01:20PM)
How long is the life expectancy for this cute little critter?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 16, 2007 01:23PM)
Hi: Not quite sure I understand your question Magical Dimensions. Do you mean how long will they be on the market, or how long a unit remains functional?

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Magical Dimensions (Oct 16, 2007 01:57PM)
Hello,

I guess my question can be taken two ways. Sorry about that. I have PM'ed you.

Best
Ray
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 16, 2007 02:29PM)
Since there are those who may be interested in your question about the life span (?) of a Ghost :angelflying: I will remind the group that Ghost comes with a one year warranty (as all my electronic products do). Also, my original prototype, which is several years old, still works perfectly. cheers.

Christopher
I've been experimenting with Real Ghost in my performances for several months now. Christopher Taylor was kind enough to make this effect available to me for "road testing" a while back.

Real Ghost is a quality piece of equipment that can be used in a variety of ways, limited only by the Performer's imagination. Yes, it can be used very effectively as a "remote control" version of PK Touches, but to limited its use to that would be, in my opinion, wasting Real Ghost's true potential.

I did find that there were issues that made the gimmick seem less than ideal -- and these issues were immediately addressed by Chris Taylor as he attempted to find ways to improve the gimmick and to overcome any troubles that I encountered. I found that extreme humidity caused problems for me. I was also concerned about the noise factor.

In practice, humidity aside, the prop worked perfectly and the effects I created caused a sensation. The noise, although minor, was still an issue for me, but wasn't noticed by the audience or the participants.

Some things to keep in mind before purchasing: This is an electronic prop. You must be meticulous about the setup and about changing the batteries, etc. Despite all of your meticulous preparations and attention to detail, because it is an electronic prop, it WILL fail one day. Best to have a back-up idea to complete the effect you mean to do WITHOUT the gimmick, if called for.

If you want to walk in to a show, open your briefcase or work out of your pockets immediately with no setup or preparation, this may not be for you. But, if you're willing to put in the extra effort and attention to preparing things properly, you can do things with Real Ghost that aren't possible or nearly so practical any other way.

It's also not something you can pull out of the box and start performing 10 minutes later. Like a lot of professional quality Mentalism, this prop requires getting used to, some experimentation, and thoughtful rehearsal. Although some good routines come with the prop, buyers should remind themselves that something like this requires a good performance, over top of the methodology, to make it of true value.

My expectation is that some will try this out, have moderate success or complete failure, and sell it to the next guy or put it into a drawer somewhere. Those who persevere and work out a good routine will have something special and unique.

- entity
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 16, 2007 05:18PM)
Thanks for the very upfront review! It is true that sometimes with electronic props we forget that it is we the performer that makes an effect magical and the prop, regardless of how much we have spent for the secret, has to be trained with and made into an extension of ourselves. Cheers.

Christopher
Can it be played at the street magic situation (out side the room)?
how long it take the time to set the gimmicks during the show?
Those questions were answered in this thread !!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 18, 2007 08:26AM)
Ferryascanio: I've pmed you.

Christopher
Anyone know when Alakazam start shipping this out? I ordered one last week, and am waiting for it to arrive. I suppose the mail strikes in the UK will be affecting all deliveries for a while also.
Christopher,

As I could not make Minvention and am on your list, do you know when you might be able to ship again? Been anxiously waiting for that email saying you have got new ones ready! :worry:

Thanks
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 19, 2007 03:38PM)
Gotaham: I've pmed you.

Christopher
Yesterday I sent an email to Christopher about a small problem I had with my real ghost. Not only he replied immediately BUT he also sent me a video of how to fix my problem. Amazing product and out of this world service !!!
Hi Scott,

All our pre-orders were dispatched yesterday. Most went by fast way couriers. With any luck it will be with you on Monday!

Best Regards

Peter Nardi
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 24, 2007 08:36PM)
Back in Stock: I'm afraid of missing someone who has asked to be notified when Ghost is back in stock so I will let you know here that Real Ghost will be ready to ship from my work shop on -- appropriately --- October 31st. Cheers.

Christopher
Paisa

If you get back to NJ at some point, I just ordered one...

Scott
Hi Christopher,

Is there by any chance you would come to Blackpool Magician Convention 2008 to sell the Real Ghost? If not, which local UK retailer would carry your masterpiece that I can see the live demo?

Congratulation,
MagoStevo
Alakazam stocks it
Message: Posted by: cupsandballsmagic (Oct 26, 2007 12:48PM)
[quote]
On 2007-10-24 21:36, willowtaylor wrote:
Real Ghost will be ready to ship from my work shop on -- appropriately --- October 31st. Cheers.

Christopher
[/quote]

How apt! :)
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 26, 2007 07:12PM)
[quote]

Is there by any chance you would come to Blackpool Magician Convention 2008 to sell the Real Ghost? If not, which local UK retailer would carry your masterpiece that I can see the live demo?
[/quote]

As a matter of fact I WILL be at Blackpool this coming February with my little Ghosts in tow (and some new goodies). In the mean time, Alakazam still has a few. They are going fast though! Cheers.

Christopher
[quote]
[quote]
Lame is about the last word I'd use to describe anything he's said or done in our transactions.
[/quote]

Im not trying to be rude by using the word lame... but when a potential customer asks very simple questions, and the answer is just short of blowing that customer off, that to me is lame!
[/quote]

You are absolutely right, this is lame. We shouldn't need to resort to discussion forums to get the information we need: when I write to dealers I am of course not asking for secrets, but just trying to understand if it is something I would be able to perform (say, the angles, jacket, short sleeves etc.). Too many times the dealers/manufacturers answer rudely, as we were kids trying to figure out the "trick"
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 27, 2007 12:38AM)
Highmagic: I've pm'ed you for clarification.

Christopher
I'm curious as to why some people bought more than one Real Ghost. Is there a use for multiple Ghosts? Or are you buying more than one because you want to be safe and be sure that you'll always have one with you?

Huron Low
[quote]
On 2007-10-30 06:25, HuronLow wrote:
I'm curious as to why some people bought more than one Real Ghost. Is there a use for multiple Ghosts? Or are you buying more than one because you want to be safe and be sure that you'll always have one with you?

Huron Low
[/quote]

most of the Café Member in Penny For Your Tought Section is A RICH HOBIIST.....

I already start to write my Adoption Letter....hope one day I will inherited one of their Real Ghost
[quote]
On 2007-10-30 08:25, mesmer wrote:

most of the Café Member in Penny For Your Tought Section is A RICH HOBIIST.....

[/quote]

Are they those little guys with big feet from LORD OF THE RINGS?
Yes they are!....a RICH one!
:bg:
:punkrocker:
[quote]
On 2007-10-30 06:25, HuronLow wrote:

Huron Low
[/quote]

in my case I have had a nice mentalist sharing with me one of his routines for the Realghost but to perform that without adding other steps you need two ghosts
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 30, 2007 06:46PM)
With two Ghosts, you can have the two units trigger at once or trigger each unit independently. One participant feels the ghostly touch while a bell rings at the same time, perhaps. Two people feel the touch except you do not openly touch EITHER of them. Paolo and Dr. Spektor also have some interesting ideas which I did not think of.

Christopher
And I swear come the Winter Holiday season, I will write up all the effects.... my favourite so far is the Spectral Garotte....
[quote]
On 2007-10-26 23:40, highmagic wrote:
[quote]
[quote]
[/quote]

Im not trying to be rude by using the word lame... but when a potential customer asks very simple questions, and the answer is just short of blowing that customer off, that to me is lame!
[/quote]

You are absolutely right, this is lame. We shouldn't need to resort to discussion forums to get the information we need: when I write to dealers I am of course not asking for secrets, but just trying to understand if it is something I would be able to perform (say, the angles, jacket, short sleeves etc.). Too many times the dealers/manufacturers answer rudely, as we were kids trying to figure out the "trick"
[/quote]

I want to make clear since posting my questionable comments, Christopher has been nothing but helpful, curtious, and obviously provides a great piece of magic. I now wish I could erase that entire post..... but on the good side, this topic has done wonders for his exposure and sales. I think he now knows I have nothing but respect for him. Christopher took the brunt of my frustration Ive had with certain dealers.

But yes, as you stated, I rarely buy a piece over 100.00 in which I don't have proper info on. Ive wasted to much money on crap written up to be godly only to receive, well, crap! This is why I needed more than just a video....before criss angel, maybe not!

Point being is this piece is brilliant and selling because of the fact. Im proud to have dealt with the man!
[quote]
On 2007-10-30 19:46, willowtaylor wrote:
With two Ghosts, you can have the two units trigger at once or trigger each unit independently. One participant feels the ghostly touch while a bell rings at the same time, perhaps. Two people feel the touch except you do not openly touch EITHER of them. Paolo and Dr. Spektor also have some interesting ideas which I did not think of.

Christopher
[/quote]

I think since you named him I can tell that now. was Paolo Cavalli who gave me one of his many scripts for a multiple pk touch routine: its a very powerful effect. and God bless him !!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 30, 2007 09:09PM)
Thanks for clearing that up videokideo. I apprciate your comments!

Paolo is certainly an enigma. In fact, I suspect he is some form of ghost himself;a highly creative one though.

Christopher
Mr.Taylor,Enigma is what I would say if asked about him without time to think twice. but a a very kind and knoledgeable enigma I must say after one of his performance year ago I introduced myself to him and even if tired from the late night show he took a backstage seat and we chatted for an hour or so in which he also generously let go some of his secrets to me
Well...I just got my Real Ghost and I must say, it is a wonderfully made bit of "techno-kit"! I have yet to play with it in the "arena of combat" as it were but experiments so far give me every reassurance it is a force to be rekoned with.

It's solid, sensibly laid out, comes "ready to go", the instructions are perfectly clear and (personally) the possibilities are endless, especially for the bizarrist. I just wish I could afford 2 units...oh the plans I could set in motion!

Well done Christopher...very nice indeed!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Nov 4, 2007 12:49PM)
Thanks Tom!! I am looking forward to seeing your posts on the forum. Cheers.

Christopher
When will Murphysmagic list "Real Ghost"?

Greetings
Daniel
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Nov 4, 2007 03:37PM)
[quote]
On 2007-11-04 16:32, Hogle wrote:
When will Murphysmagic list "Real Ghost"?

[/quote]

That is beyond my control, but I would guess in a couple of weeks, perhaps. I have them in stock now. Cheers.

Christopher
Finally, ordered mine via HP. Can't wait to start.

Still a newbie to this wonderful art but am very excited about what I have learned so far.

Thanks to all of you guys who inspire me everytime I log on and read.

The CiscoKid
I just want to know is the discussion forum has been set up for RG users or still under construction?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Nov 6, 2007 11:07PM)
Max88: owners of the Real Ghost have access to the forum and the video instructions now. PM me if you need more info. Cheers.

Christopher
I just received Real Ghost 2 days ago. By far my best buy of the year. Not only the apparatus is great, the 3 effects are great, the explanations are great, and the further possibilities are... well great.
A very very clever idea.
Oh Lord

I was not going to order a Real Ghost as I was pretty sure what it was (and I was 85% correct) but after reading yours and others comments and ideas I went ahead and ordered it and received it yesterday. I owe you a big thanks because I can see a heck of lot of potential with this unit that I had not thought of when I saw the demos. I am also very impressed with the quality of the unit.

And are you are still willing to share your 3P System?

Christopher

Couldn’t you have put the videos on a DVD instead of having to download them from the web site? I kept having a problem with a couple of them but finally got them all.

Aside from that you have a great product and very well made. And worth every penny. Now that I have one please raise the price. I don’t want everyone having one. Ha Ha.

Anyway thanks again for everyones post. Without them I don’t think I would have bought a Real Ghost and I would have missed out on a lot.

Best of luck to all
A-Spirit
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Nov 9, 2007 08:04PM)
A-Sprint and jjs: Thank you for the comments! I am very proud of Real Ghost I hope that my follow up creations are as well received. I will look forward to your posts on the Real Ghost site. Cheers.

Christopher
I have James Biss's "Tesla Vision." Is it fair to ask if this is similar to "Real Ghost"? Thank you for your help!

Tom
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Nov 20, 2007 10:23AM)
Yes, it is fair, Tom.

And my answer is: FAR FROM IT!

---

As for my 3P System:

I stopped to mail that to each one singularly, because you now can find it into the Real Ghost Forum (for buyers only).
Paolo,

Thank you for your response--but what took so long? Must have been at least two minutes (actually four)!!

I really appreciate your help--again!!!

Tom
I have bought this. I will use it. The only problem is to choose what for. The possibilities are many, and it would be a shame to waste its potential.

Let me also take the opportunity to endorse Paolo's thinking here. His contributions to the RG forum are typical of his style from his books: practical, innovative and strong as hell with exciting performance premises. I wish I had a fraction of his creativity.

One of the best things about this item is it is a utility item, so the use I make of it will not resemble yours in the slightest from the audience's point of view. I therefore have no qualms in recommending everyone to purchase it, if they have the money and a use for it. It is wonderful to have an item where ideas can crossbreed without becoming inbred, if you catch my drift. Don't think of this as a PK touch appliance, that is just the tip of the iceberg. Mr Taylor has a winner on his hands here.

/Bamba
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Nov 21, 2007 09:25AM)
Bamba: It is very heartening to read comments such as yours. And yes, Paolo is indeed a creative force to be reckoned with! Cheers.

Christopher
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Nov 21, 2007 11:02AM)
Ooops! There was an erroneous message on one of the pages on my site which stated that Ghost is out of stock. That is incorrect. I apologize if this caused any inconvenience. Cheers.

Christopher
Can anyone provide a link to a demo? Please..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAPxH7simAE
This is the link you are looking for:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAPxH7simAE

Edit: hmm Nalu just beat me to it. Sorry for the extra post.
I love it, Mr Taylor. This could be useful for anything from card through window to remote PK poltergiest effects.
Thank you guys.
Mark
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Nov 22, 2007 07:23PM)
Brian: Card through window :approve: I love it! Would you mind sharing your idea in a pm? Cheers.

Christopher
[quote]willowtaylor wrote:
Brian: Card through window :approve: I love it! Would you mind sharing your idea in a pm? Cheers. Christopher[/quote]Will do. In fact, just check the Real Ghost forum.
I got it. It's a great piece. Exceptional quality. Just not my bag. I'll offer it up $240. PM me if interested.
I'm happy if you sell it because probably youre right and you would not appreciate all the things it can do for you
I think somebody here was looking to buy one here for a half-price. I found one on that big auction place (e bay) for like 190. I got mine last week so it makes me mad that I didn't see this before...so I'll pass it along.
I have an important question regarding this gimmick.

In the piece I'm thinking of using it for, the participant is seated in a chair facing AWAY from the audience, on stage. Could I still have their shoulder be touched or do I need some form of cover?

If I need a form of cover, I suppose I could alter the angles a bit, or maybe touch another part of the body.

Thanks!

||sean ||
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Dec 4, 2007 10:42PM)
Sean: I will PM you. Cheers.

Christopher
Wow, VERY impressed with Mr. Taylor's service. : )

||sean ||
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Dec 5, 2007 05:41PM)
How About Real Ghost II

I need some feed back. I have developed a new alternate version of Real Ghost which:

• will facilitate two separate touches

• is easily concealed and set up on the chair that the participant is to sit in (pre-show)

• has each touch separately triggered when you want it

• is great for folding chairs

• is silent

• is perfect for stage

I would really love to hear if you think this is worth while. Cheers.

Christopher
[quote]
On 2007-12-05 18:41, willowtaylor wrote:
How About Real Ghost II

I need some feed back. I have developed a new alternate version of Real Ghost which:

• will facilitate two separate touches

• is easily concealed and set up on the chair that the participant is to sit in (pre-show)

• is silent

• is perfect for stage

I would really love to hear if you think this is worth while. Cheers.

Christopher
[/quote]

mr.taylor is something like paolo cavalli suggested here ??

[quote]
On 2007-09-22 14:29, Lord Of The Horses wrote:

As for the multiple taps - No - you cannot with a factory made ghost... unless it can be custom build exactly as I have in my mind now... then, you could do that, but I don't find it necessary and neither practical.
[/quote]

and if yes how is it practical ?? thanks
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Dec 6, 2007 12:24AM)
Mariagi: Paolo and Peter Nardi are the inspiration for this. I designed Real Ghost originally for walk around but I wanted to create a version primarily aimed at stage and platform. How it works is just like the current Ghost except you have two barrels so to speak, instead of one. At this point it is in the prototype stage but works perfectly as described. I wanted some feed back as to interest before going ahead with this stage version. Otherwise, I will be happy to keep it to myself. Cheers.

Christopher
I'd like to include my two-cents regarding this product.

One thing that Taylor astounded me (in his videos) is the range. I did his Spirit Bell with the bell sitting at the empty dining table at the ground floor and myself in the master bedroom (with doors open of course so that it can be heard) on the 1st floor of my double-storey house.

Because this is just to experiment, I did not make any "seance environment". I just told my wife that whenever she wants to hear a bell, just say it to me but not within this one minute. This is to discount any thoughts from her that it might be timed. So when she says it, with both my hands still holding the newspaper, the bell rang. And it is examinable after that. You approach the bell with just the bell sitting on the table, and nothing else.

Very superb and splendid tool of magic. I highly recommend it, but like some posts say, it might not be to everyone's cup of tea.

I'd like to answer some queries on the 'shoulder touch'. It's not a pat on the shoulder per se, as what you're doing to another person. They will feel a kinda touch or cue, since they've already focused on their back shoulder area as the mentalist tells them to do. So, if you were to do a side kick to the back of one person's head, the recipient won't feel a kick. Haha... Oh, and I think having the guy surrounded is a question on audience control and environment (lighting). Those who really know what might happen might notice something with very critical eye, or else they won't notice anything until the touch happens.

Just my two cents.
I got this baby as a Christmas gift for myself this year and I am glad I did. I have always been a big fan of pk touches but this is great. Being able to do a pk touch from across the room is classic. The unit works great and is silent. Christopher Taylor is a great guy to work with and will help you out with any problems. I like how the instructions are in video format on a web site also. You can also perform real ghost close up or on stage. I am going to try this out at a gig in another week so I will tell you guys how it goes.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Dec 28, 2007 07:33PM)
[quote]
On 2007-12-27 01:23, Javalier wrote:
One thing that Taylor astounded me (in his videos) is the range.
[/quote]

The extreme range is one of the features I am most proud of in the Ghost. Being able to leave a participant sitting alone on the stage with their eyes closed, going into the audience and tapping their spouse to have them both stand up was one one of my goals.

Christopher
I'm interested!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(x666)
The range is amazing. You can be across the stage or in another room!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Dec 28, 2007 09:20PM)
Dr Spektor: I imagine you would scare the h**l out of the pour participant left on stage?

Christopher
Im interested in the double ghost. with Nardi you and Cavalli thinking behind it it can only be an awesome product !!!!!!

details and price please ??
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Dec 29, 2007 02:26PM)
"Double Ghost" facilitates two separate touches (on the same participant) which are remotely triggered -- at separate times-- by the performer when needed. It will have the same remote range as Real Ghost does.
What with T•3 and Eclipse being released soon, I do not have a release date For Ghost II yet but things are going wonderfully. It is significantly more powerful than The Real Ghost and will be compatible with folding chairs. As to price, I do not have that yet either but certainly less than two Ghosts, of course. I will keep you posted. Cheers.

Christopher
If you need a field tester - I volunteer :)
Well I tried this out at a gig the other night and it was the talk of the show. I was doing walk around for a couple hours and decided to try this out. I used a psuedo hypnosis explanation for the effect the wasp which you can see on the demo. I have always been a little timid whenit comes to electronics but the ghost had never failed in all my tests and this went off perfect! The lady who I did the effect on jumped off here chair a thought there was something on her neck. She freaked a little and made people check to see if there was anyhing there! People were talking to me about that one effect all night.This is a great device with a lot of aplicaitions. Pick one up!!! Ryan
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Jan 13, 2008 09:39PM)
I am now waiting for the "EVEN GHOSTIER" device. :)
As am I...

;-)
Mr Taylor is a brilliant. This is the best PK touch I have ever done
Can not wait for Real Ghost Version.2
Letter to creator...

Please do not sell a Real Ghost II to Criss Angel! After seeing his breast inlarging stunt with girls on his tv show, its needless to say where those two pk touches will be felt if he had this piece!

Thank you in advance,
Brian
HE should sell Real Ghost to Criss to enlarge both of his frontal Lobe
Christopher! (In the voice of Adriana).... Don't forget about me.... the Laboratory is waiting...

(with a little Golem)
And don't forget about me too.....still waiting for Real Ghost Version.02...Isince I played around with Real Ghost Version.01...with Version.02...I had so many ideas to play with this
No no... don't forget about MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

(hee hee Mesmer)
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jan 15, 2008 11:25AM)
I have 3 very exciting Electronic Mind Reading Devices of various design on the way (as well as RG2). These include T•3, Eclipse ("Equinox" in a change purse) and Solstice (which is still a secret ;) ) So, please stay tuned!

Christopher
Your product sound great. I want to have Real Ghost Version.2
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jan 21, 2008 03:16PM)
RG2 will probably be release in the spring. Thanks for the interest. Cheers.

Christopher
Double + Good, as they say
Mr.Taylor.....just a Crazy idea I had.....canI use both Real Ghost Version.01 along with RG II at the same time?.....so I can creat Three Tap?....
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jan 21, 2008 07:54PM)
Mesmer: Yes, you can. Cheers.

Christopher
Sounds like a Poltegiest Dream!

With the proper timing, you can have some major misdirections usin the RG 1 and 2 for some major secret work to take place.

Nice!!!
RG1.... RG2
its like dejavu for me...
Nokia n95.... nokia n95i
Do...De....Do...Do...

Do...De...Do....Do

Do...De...Do....Do (Theme From Twilight Zone)
Is there a chance there will be a RG2 where you can give more than one tap?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jan 23, 2008 03:30PM)
Real Ghost II should be out in the spring or early summer.  I think the price will be a little more than the first Ghost but I can't say exactly yet.   Here are some of the features:

• will facilitate TWO separate touches on the same participant 

• is designed for stage

• is hidden under, or built into, the chair that the participant is to sit in 

• 100 yards+ triggering range

•  is quiet 

People have been asking, but RG1 and RG 2 are designed for very different applications and an upgrade from the first to the second is not possible. Cheers.

Christopher
I'm sorry I'm coming on board a little late, I travel a lot, and I want to know if this can be done in a walk around or trade show type of venue, can the speccy be standing the entire time and still feel the touch, all of my work is trade show/restaurant style.I would like to use it along with the T3 or something like it.
So the Real Ghost 1 is not designed for stage?
How far away can the spectators be should I want to perform Real Ghost 1 on stage?
Is Real Ghost 1 very noisy as well?

This has really gotten my interest and I might just get this instead of the Real Ghost 2.
Also, in what way are RG1 and 2 designed for different applications... or should I say, what applications suit which unit better?

Thanks guys.

Huron Low
Hi Huron, heh heh.

Anyways, I use RG1 as the climax to my current touches piece. The effect is so clear and strong, I never thought of having more than just one touch. In my routine, the various touches build in "conditions", and so that one clean touch as the final "proof" is more than enough.

Though I am sure RG2 has other applications, that I wouldn't have the priviledge of utilising.
I have a routine in mind for these gimmicks, and once I have them scripted, I'll post details.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Feb 1, 2008 09:00AM)
Real Ghost was designed for walk around and can be used on a participant who is standing but you would have to be close to her. This handling is covered in the instructions. It is FAR more effective if she is sitting though. The device CAN be used on stage is often used that way but you have to find a way to place it/hide it. I am building RG2 in response to requests for a unit that is quickly built into, or added onto, a chair and will give two touches.

My trade show performances are behind me now, but I would have including RG in the type of walk around stuff I used to do at trade shows. As to noise, the unit is very quiet and over time some grit may get into the mechanism and make it a bit louder. This is easily solved though. After countless performances, I have never been given away by noise. An important point to consider for RG or RG2 is that there is a critical angle BEHIND the participant receiving the touch(es). Cheers.

Christopher
[quote]
On 2008-01-31 20:15, liberty wrote:
I have a routine in mind for these gimmicks, and once I have them scripted, I'll post details.
[/quote]

Great! I always look forward to learn & share new ideas.

Thanks!

:xmas:
So when this will be release?.........
RG1 is such a powerful tool. I have used it at two walk around gigs and have drawn rave reactions
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Feb 1, 2008 06:29PM)
Deputy: I've PMed you. Cheers.

Christopher
Could Mr. Taylor or Deputy tell me a little about Trade show/walk around. Perhaps even send me a PM. and I can tell you my only slight concern and see if I should get RG 1 or 2 and if I need more than one.
Some of you are not aware of the forum for buyers ??

in the forum many ideas are given on how to use Rg1 in many settings and many routines.

I have no problem in using Rg1 upclose and personal thanks to some ideas from Paolo Cavalli and Patrick Redford: having said that I cant wait to get RG2
How close to the bell does one need to be for a SPirit Bell routine?
You can be very far from it!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jun 17, 2008 11:26AM)
[quote]
On 2008-06-17 02:12, Candin wrote:
How close to the bell does one need to be for a SPirit Bell routine?
[/quote]

At least 100 feet away. As a matter of fact, I just posted my new hook up method for a counter bell on the Ghost forum. Works perfectly and hook up is really fast. Cheers.

Christopher
Any news?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jun 17, 2008 05:39PM)
[quote]
On 2008-06-17 18:24, lamystique wrote:
Any news?
[/quote]

Regarding????????
The stage ghost.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jun 18, 2008 10:27AM)
Ah, yes, RG2. Joshua Lozoff has been field testing it. He is an extremely knowledgeable and creative performer and his advice is proving invaluable. At this point, it looks like it will have a magnetic attachment method and be sold in pairs as they seem most versatile that way. That means, two participants and up to four touches. Heck, :idea: with some creative blocking, you might be able to have four people standing up at once! As to release date, I do not have one yet as I have asked Joshua for more help and we are both up to our eyeballs. It is looking really good though. Cheers.

Christopher
Well, I finally was able to perform my T3 routines in a show ( only my 2nd paid one!) and it was an astounding success. I actually have 2 T3's and use a travel based routine using snow globes and a music routine using plain wooded boxes. Both routines received great reaction from the spectators.

Now, I need to come up with some different routines.

Thanks Christopher for an incredible product, I am anxiously awaiting your new products

Omar
I used the mint version at the last magic club meeting. I had all kinds of "ideas" on how it was done. It ranged from the sound of the boxes to I could smell which mint was taken. All were ruled out and no one had a clue. I will be performing for another magic club tomorrow night. This time I am using the colored marker routine. I am sure there will be many ideas again and all will be wrong. I am sure glad very few of the members belong to the Café.

Ron
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Jun 18, 2008 06:09PM)
Omar and Ron: Bravo gentlemen! I love stumping the magic fraternity. Ummmm, did you guys realize that this is the Real Ghost thread, rather than the T•3 thread? :D

I will be launching a Taylor Imagineering forum through my web site soon. Cheers.

Christopher
LOL,

I know now!

Sorry about that gents, Christopher will you be letting us in on your secret project, maybe just a little clue?

I will be at Mindvention but man, that is a long time

Omar
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Aug 5, 2008 07:35AM)
:fyi: The information site dedicated to the Real Ghost has been sabotaged by a Trojan virus on the forum. It is not known if any of the information on the forum is retrievable. I will be launching a forum dealing with all of my products in the fall and this will include The Ghost. Please drop me a line at info@taylorimagineering.com if you have any questions.

Christopher
Christopher:

Let us know once the Forum is back up again.

I want to post a Mind Reading Code System that can be use to find the owner of an item from up to 15 different choices.

Regards!
So, all the videos show a certain type/style of chair for the effect...does it matter what they sit in/on? And, would a touch on the shoulder, being felt as "real", be followed as a pinch/touch on the bum, and also felt as "real"?

PM if needed...

Lee
Ooh, and a second question: could it be used to topple an item (similar to a PK Timber)?

PM if needed...

Lee
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 26, 2010 09:43AM)
Hi Lee: The type of chair is not important and YES, Ghost (1 or 2) can be used to topple things. Cheers.

Christopher
I (finally) bought Real Ghost yesterday at a lecture (one of the European lecture tour, if they come to a place near you, be sure to check it out). I'm glad to say that there is a dvd included now (not the best quality footage), but on the package it says the information to access the Real Ghost forum should be included as well. But it isn't. I wasn't able to find it, and there is no mention of it on the dvd.
I sent an email to Christopher about this, but I know he is busy lecturing in the Netherlands as I write this post. So I know he isn't able to answer right now.
Does this forum still exist? And if it does, can and will anyone help me find it (PM)? If you want proof of my purchase I can send you a picture of my RG package and the reciept. As you will understand I'm pretty anxious to look at the information this forum has to offer.
It's here: http://www.taylorimagineering.com/forum/
I don't remember how I got access in the first place there (to long ago...), but just try it and see what happens. You'll find there a lot of good ideas. Jan
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Apr 6, 2011 06:35PM)
Bartelli: I'm so glad you posted here because my email program is not letting me reply to you. The RG site was hacked quite a while ago and never recovered. That is why the DVD is now in the box alOng with an invite to join the TI forum.

Christopher
Mr Taylor are you currently in Holland?
Where can I catch up with you?

Steve
Yesterday Evening at the Dynamite Magic Shop...
D**N

Sometimes I'm too stupid for words!

steve
[quote]
On 2011-04-07 07:47, steveline wrote:
D**N

Sometimes I'm too stupid for words!

steve
[/quote]
A bit off topic, but you should subscribe to the 'Escamoteur' magazine and it's digital spin-off 'Escadigital'. Then you are kept up to date about most magic related events in Belgium and The Netherlands.
The worst thing is I met Christopher and Matt in February and I knew they were coming.
I just completely forgot when it was.

Steve
Hello,this device(Real Ghost) should be stick to spactators body?is this vibration ? if yes so probably spactator find device that on his body thanks a lot
[quote]
On 2011-10-17 10:13, monsterofmagic wrote:
Hello,this device(Real Ghost) should be stick to spactators body?is this vibration ? if yes so probably spactator find device that on his body thanks a lot
[/quote]

lol:

your assumption is wrong:

buy one if you want to know how it works
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 18, 2011 01:16PM)
Monsterofmagic: Sent you a PM.

Christopher
[quote]
[/quote]

I too would like to hear more about this if possible, (without the method being tipped obviously) - Furthermore, can anyone comment on the amount of pocket space/body space the so-called unit will take up on an individual when performing?

Thanks

Mach
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AmRYU5tcTg
Is the real ghost vibration?
Buy one and you'll know.
No fishing and no explanation because it's a marketed item.
What I can tell you is the ghost is not really real.
[quote]
[/quote]

Welcome to the Penny Forum. I suggest you start out by reading the sticky post by Iain at the top of the forum list. You then might consider introducing yourself and telling us something about your background in mentalism.

We don't discuss secrets here, nor do we respond well to new posters who just suddenly appear and start pumping for information.

You might also read this entire thread as the questions you are asking have been asked and answered (without exposure of the method) many times already.

Good thoughts,

Bob
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 20, 2011 03:02PM)
Monsterofmagic: I sent you a private message that you have have not read. Sent one to your too, Mach.

Bruce, that's funny!
Hello mr.taylor you send pm to my email?
Mr taylor very thanks I got it
Message: Posted by: Christopher Taylor (Oct 21, 2011 08:34AM)
No worries, monster. Just remember to practice well with it so you have total confidence before performing with it. Just because it's electronic does not mean you do not need to get the moves down properly. I mention this because "magic that needs practice" seems to be a new concept for some people :)

Have fun.

Christopher