(Close Window)
Topic: Thought Sender Eugene Burger
I was in a magic shop (sorry) a couple of days this week. I did purchase some clearance items. One of them was a deck of cards. It has a label "Thought Sender - Eugene Burger." I had a strong feeling it dealt with mentalism. But it has no instructions. Can someone PM me the instructions? Thanks in advance.
You should be receiving Eugene Burger's thoughts any minute now (should contain the instructions).
When presented right, this is a very strong effect.
[quote]
On 2007-09-26 16:39, Tone wrote:
You should be receiving Eugene Burger's thoughts any minute now (should contain the instructions).
[/quote]

This was a joke, by the way...

Sorry Dynamike, I don't know the method of this particular effect.
I thought you were serious. I waited by my PM for a mesage to come in by Eugene Burger.
I'm sensing you bought this deck of cards from a man named peter or perhaps it's paul. I'm also sensing this was sometime yesterday about mid afternoon. I'm seeing something having to do with paper and a sharp object. A cork of somekind. It's disjointed but I can see it.
Close but no cigar. I was there yesterday and purchased things. But I was there again today. I purchased the deck today. Nice try.
Try Eugene's site magicbeard.com. It has a clip of him performing the effect or it used to. You should be able to figure it out from there.

Good luck!
Thanks Tony.
[quote]
On 2007-09-26 17:40, Dynamike wrote:
Close but no cigar. I was there yesterday and purchased things. But I was there again today. I purchased the deck today. Nice try.
[/quote]

In mentalism we'd call that a hit!
But no home run.
But now you have Eugene's email address...
I will not have to email him because the support I'm getting from PM.
I'm wonering if this is Mr. Burger's effect The Devil's Deck from his book, The Experience of Magic. I perform this all the time. Great, Great effect.

eepay ohay
It is his effect Though Sender. I bought it from him over a decade ago.
We had a long conversation on the handling and my eyes opened a bit more.
Oh, so that is why your eyes are always looking like that. You must still be amased by it. ;)
I'm not bad. I'm just drawn that way.
And has there ever been a sexier cartoon? Jessica Rabbit, I mean. Unless Tony sounds a lot like Kathleen Turner, in which case. . . no never mind. Just Jessica.

Raven
Kathleen Turner, Geena Davis; nope, my voice is not quite that deep.

I'm just a man. ;)
Phew!
Ok, I understand it. One of the members had the heart to call me from from another country. Everything was well explained. I must get some more w** because mine have dried up. I am going to try it with RF too.

Thought Sender might be stronger than Brainwave. I will find out at my shows on the weekend.

Thank you everyone for the open post and private messages guys. Any Tony, the video was a big help too.

I'm sorry guys but I must leave the Café to practice this now.

Peace,

Dynamike
[quote]
On 2007-09-27 14:09, peculiarone wrote:
I'm wonering if this is Mr. Burger's effect The Devil's Deck from his book, The Experience of Magic. I perform this all the time. Great, Great effect.

eepay ohay
[/quote]

Yep those are the instructions I used to learn to do the effect. I'm still not handling the deck as comfortably as I'd like and am not sure if it's me or the way I constructed the props.
Eugene's performing Thought Sender at Biggs in Chicago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=No6CawjKkus
I always enjoy Eugene Burgers performances. He always engages his audiences.
Very well performed, love Burger, so natural.
What a voice!
I know this is a very old post, but I absolutely love performing this effect, I've only been lucky enough to perform it around 20 times so far... but its been great everytime. Everything is so well thought out. I've recently changed the box color to match all the cards minus the thought of card and I've switched the reveal to show all the cards are one color... except the card they're holding in their hand.

I find it surprising that so many people have forgotten about this effect. I love it.
[quote]On Sep 27, 2007, Dynamike wrote:
Ok, I understand it. One of the members had the heart to call me from from another country. Everything was well explained. I must get some more w** because mine have dried up. I am going to try it with RF too.

Dynamike [/quote]

Definitely use w** do not use RF. When properly applied the action is smoother with w**, doesn't take much.

Just my thoughts, Solarzar
[quote]On Oct 2, 2016, solarzar wrote:
[quote]On Sep 27, 2007, Dynamike wrote:

Dynamike [/quote]

Definitely use w** do not use RF. When properly applied the action is smoother with w**, doesn't take much.

Just my thoughts, Solarzar [/quote]

Sorry- didn't realize the age of the original post until I replied. Just my thoughts, Solarzar
There is an edit in the video, wonder what happened there.
Part of Eugene’s script for “Thought Sender” also plays a role I his approach to B’Wave, as I learned from him long ago on a private workshop. Eugene lives on in every artist his words and example influenced.
[quote]On Oct 25, 2017, Ben Blau wrote:
Part of Eugene’s script for “Thought Sender” also plays a role I his approach to B’Wave, as I learned from him long ago on a private workshop. Eugene lives on in every artist his words and example influenced. [/quote]

You're right Ben. Its also a subtlety Eugene employed for all Equivoque that can literally take your approach to a whole new level.