(Close Window)
Topic: Big news!!!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 27, 2007 03:11PM)
Well...it is in my opinion!!! Rannie Raymundo, the Boss, no one can deny his incredible talents and amazing creative mind for Magic, well, after extensive talk and consideration, I have struck a deal what I consider to be one of the best things in years!!!

As some people know, a service I offer is the writing of books, lectures note and manuscripts, as well as editing and proofreading for others. Announcing here, for the first time ever, I will be writing Rannies first Magic book!!!

Everyone who watches Rannies Magic loves it, as do i, and I wanted to make something truly remarkable and what the people would really want, so this is it!!!

We already have several routines in mind for the book, however, Rannie has LOADS!!! And could fill masses of books with his material, but as this is a book for the people (I.e. You guys), we would love your thoughts on routines you would like to be included!!! (Ofcourse, they have to have been created by Rannie, won't just tip any routine you want to learn).

So, if there has been a routine you have seen Rannie perform, and want to learn it, write it here, or email/PM myself or Rannie. All ideas will be considered.

We are also looking for a name. I came up with 'Rannie Reveals', however, again, suggestions are open for this!!!

Look out for it guys, I predict this will be HUGE!!!
Sweet! you can sign me up. rannie is awesome! will this be a hard cover book? just curious.
Rannie Reveals sounds okay, but almost similar to Rannie Takes it All off, or Rannie Bares it All...

kidding aside, this is such a great idea! I'm sure, if the boss puts everything he wants to lecture in the book, it'd be thicker than Harry Potter's 7th installment. I'd be looking forward to this, and I wish, if I'd obtain a copy, I want his autograph, and of course yours, Sir Christopher. The book, I'm sure, would be a blast, and would be the best deal by its release. Knowing the boss, he could teach anyone, may he be a novice or a pro, anything, may it be a simple quickie, or a lengthy, patter-ful routine, without the person being confused. I've seen his lectures, and judging by the way he teaches, I'm sure most of the book's buyers would not only be mindful of new effects, but also new subtleties, philosophies, and a renewed and strengthened passion for magic.

Good luck on you both! Your prediction would be sooo correct.
Wow... this'll be a must have for me

I would love to learn his poker routine with his Sculling technique, also that prediction one where the spec names any card and it's the one he's holding
As for a name... RATED Rannie??

Just popped in my head so posted
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Sep 27, 2007 03:46PM)
Will his 3 Fly be in there?
Put me down for the leather bound autographed limited addition!
Hey, this is a great thing indeed. rannie should have a book out with his work as he is quite magically prolific and he actually has enough work for a 5-book set...:D I know folks will love anything he puts in it, but one of my favorites by him is a cute little trick he does call "Not So Gafless Hopping Halves." Just a wonderful little routine he does. :) I support anything my brotha rannie does and Chris, you couldn't have picked a better guy for this project. And as for a book title, well how about these: :)

"The Sleepless Magic of Rannie Raymundo"

"Because I Said So"
-Magic from The Boss
1) "Straight from the Boss' Mouth"
2) "Mind Boggling Rannie"
3) "Is it Magic? No, its Rannie The Boss"
4) "Rannie's Magic Touch"
5) "Magic, Anytime, Anywhere, with Rannie"
6) "The Sensational Rannie Raymundo"
7) "The Boss and his Magic"
8) "Rannie's Ultimate Secrets"
9) "Rannie's Unbelievable Magic"

Take your pick, guys and gals!

Congratulations, Rannie. We will be waiting for your copy. I want mine with your signature and THUMB PRINT in it too.
That sounds great, I'm already on line waiting.i can tell some of you here that if you think you seen all the stuff that Rannie has,well I don't think you had, I had sessioned with Rannie lots of time and believe me, he has a bunch of stuff up his sleeve and underground which I hope he publishes some of them in the book for us.

Why not The Boss,that sounds like a good title to my me.

Hey Christopher, thanks for the good news.

Mano.
I would love to see his ultimate mind reading included in the book
The book is going to be HUGE.

[quote]
On 2007-09-27 17:19, Mb217 wrote:
I know folks will love anything he puts in it, but one of my favorites by him is a cute little trick he does call "Not So Gafless Hopping Halves." Just a wonderful little routine he does. :) [/quote]
"Not So Gaffless Hopping Halves" is my favourite! It's so easy and effective. When Rannie borrowed 2 Hong Kong coins from me and performed it during the lecture, we were all like "What the...". And there's also a gaffless version.

Of course we would all like to see the Boss' Ultimate Mind Reading in the book, but only if Rannie would like to share it.

"Because I Said So" would be nice. :)

Wish you both all the best in the project,
Houston
Another vote for this gentlemans Ultimate mind reading routine.Of course I understand that he may want to keep this to himself but you did ask!
Please don't fill the book full of 'Matrix' type coin stuff!
Need a title? How about "Rannie Knows"?
I go for what Mano suggested. Simply call it "The Boss" or maybe call it "Hand Size Does not Matter" Of course, those are just suggestions. The Boss has the final say on this.

Christopher, this is really good news! The Boss has a lot of stuff on cards, coins, other close-up items... and even mentalism and bizarre. But if the space on the book is limited, I wish his work on cards, coins, and other close-up stuff gets published.
Greetings,

As for the titles of the book is concerned, I'd go for Houston's suggestion... "Rannie Raymundo... Because I Said So". This book has long been awaited by lots of individuals and I'm sure this will be a sell-out in every magic convention.

Sal
I agree with the "Because I Said So" theme!
"Rated R"
How about Rannie Rockz / Rannie Rockz The Magic :)

This book gonna be great..... and yes also huge....

Any info when it is gonna be released ?

Cheers
Andre
"because I said so" sounds very... Boss-like!
Dear ALL,

It is difficult to narrow down effects for Rannie's book.

If it is the first Rannie's book, I think it should have every aspect inside, cards, coins, mentalism, somehow easier cups and balls, a little bit theory on misdirection, sleeving.

The difficulty should set as moderate to intermediate, otherwise the market cannot absorb Rannie's first attempt, besides, easy and visual effect create noise here...

I am still editing the last two video clips of 'Hand Size doesn't matter' lecture DVD, maybe I can have more inspirations during my editing on Rannie's performance.

Keep the discussion running, PM welcome.

This will be another most anticipated book / project for 2008!

All the best,

Steven
Producer - Rannie Raymundo Hand Size Doesn't Matter World Lecture Tour (Hong Kong)
Producer & Director - Change is Eternal by Zenneth Kok, Zenneth Code DVD, and coming soon DVDs
Great news! Something to look forward to!! Now, maybe you can convince a book out of Vinny, as well.
I agree with Ron. "Because I said so" sounds really like the BOss.

Wow! This'll be big! THis is such a great news. The Boss has a whole lot more up his sleeves.
My dear friends,

Thank you for the warm response. I would like to thank my friend Christopher for giving me this golden opportunity to share my magic. Please post the names of my effects that you wish to be included in the book. You may even describe it briefly and I will know what it is. Be assured that every effect/routine will be explained in full detail.

I went thru the posts and saw some of my favorite workers. I am glad that people still remember my "Not So Gaffless Hopping Halves". This baby has really served me well, especially when I travel.

B fly will be there too.

Please allow me to think about The Boss' Ultimate Mind Reading routine. THis is something quite difficult to teach more than learn. It is my Pièce de résistance!
I do have a method that produces a very similar effect...B52's...that can be included.

Hope to hear from you guys. The project is already in the first stage of production.

Rannie
My my...what can I say...this is really good news Christopher.... Thank you for this... I am already pre-ordering one.... I'm sure you guys will not run out of effects to put in the book...I have been doing magic with Rannie for some time now and I have seen mostly all of his tricks (I think) all I can say is good luck...good luck in selecting which ones to include...ahhh the multitude of effects.. its gonna be a lot of work I tell you... :)

What I am looking forward to seeing is his theories, principles and other priceless pieces of knowledge brought about his many years of experience in performing. What the Boss' thoughts are on things that are most important in magic - presentation, showmanship, creativity and the likes. That would be something nice to immortalize in a book.

Excited,
Anthony
[quote]
On 2007-09-27 23:45, rannie wrote:

The project is already in the first stage of production.

Rannie
[/quote]

Keep us informed, Rannie.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 28, 2007 03:11AM)
Thanks for all the support so far, I really can see this being up for book of 2008. It won't be released until next year at the earliest, this is not something I am going to rush. I want this to be perfect, and only when myself and Rannie are completely happy with the final produce, will we then look at getting it printed.
As for the title of the book, may I suggest "mysteries of the tavern"
as for the effects, here's a few list...
1) the ritual
2) the levitating table
3) the boss zombie ball
4) coin through clear ziplock bag
Thanks Christopher the book idea sounds fantastic! I am sure whatever you guys decide to put in the book will be great. I am happy to hear Rannie is going to put in the "B Fly" routine, its one of my favorites! I never seen Rannie's "Not So Gaffless Hopping Halves", but I have heard about it and I am glad that will be in the book. As far as I am concerned the more coin routines, the better, but I know and have seen some of Rannie's card routines and they kill too!

You definately can put me down for a copy. I just love the idea! Just don't take too long. I can't wait already! I have to say for the title "Rannie Raymundo(The BOSS).....Because I Said So." has a nice ring to it. I wish you guys all the luck in the world.....
The Boss tirelessly works for the advancement of his craft. If he could do away with sleep, he would. I think he has found a way to get around this by dreaming about magic routines.

In terms of material, I think that whatever the boss wishes to share would be great.
He is in great hands,

Jeremy Hanrahan
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 28, 2007 07:43AM)
There will be a mix of mentalism, coins, cards...eggs!!!! (Yes, eggs!)

As I said, it will take some time to do this, but I am in the first stages as we speak of writing the book. I like the 'Rannie Raymundo...because I said so' title, after a suitable amount of names we will have a poll or something. I hope to have this out in 2008, it will NOT be out in 2007. Agai, still looking for suggestions from routines. B Fly will finally see print, I watched Rannie performna teach this on one of his DVDs, WOW!!! Fooled me!!! Those types of routines will take some time to write up, but will be well worth it.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 28, 2007 12:28PM)
A list so far guys!

Raytrix Reloaded- Four coins and a jumbo card are placed on the mat. The spectator chooses one coin at a time, on the Magicians command, each coin disappears, and appears under the card. At the end, the Magician takes all four coins, and makes them vanish all at once, as they appear under the card again!!!

Freaky Transpo- Borrow a deck, or use your own. A spectator takes ANY card from the deck and can sign it, and the Magician takes a card for himself. The spectator olds onto their card whilst it is unquestionably their card, and the Magicians is placed on top of the deck. A snap, and now the spectators card is on top, and the spectator is holding onto the Magicians card. Everything can be examined!

How Many? – A two in the hand, one in the pocket with Dice, where three dice…grow…then grow…then grow…before becoming one large Dice, which vanishes right in front of their eyes

4 coins and a glass- One of Rannie’s signature effects. Four coins, and only four, and one (And only one) glass are used. One by one, the coins travel from one hand, and land in a glass, each getting more impossible than the preceding coin. At the end of the coin, the Magician goes to place his coins back in the glass…only to find the glass has vanished!!!

The Boss’ Poker deal – A borrowed shuffled deck effect!!! The Magician memorises the deck, including a named poker hand and their positions. The deck is then shuffled again. The spectator names how many players they want in a game of poker, and which hand they want to win. The spectator deals the cards, and all the other ands are shown…nothing, the named hand is turned over, it is the exact poker hand named!!!

Blow me a Kiss- ANY card is selected and signed. The card is lost back into the deck and the deck is shuffled. You ask a gentleman to tap the deck, he does, nothing happens, ask another gentleman to try…nothing. So he turns to a female, and asks here to blow a kiss at the deck. As she does, a ‘kiss’ appears on the back of the top card. The card is turned over, it is the signed selection! The Magician goes to give the card back…but not before taking the kiss!

Stupid Force- A force that is so stupid it works!!! A great variation on an old force that is so convincing and bold that you just won’t see it!

This is the card- ANY card is selected, again, it can be signed. The card is returned to a shuffled deck, and again, the deck is lost even more in the deck. The spectator cuts the deck as much as they like. The Magician bets he will find the card…all the money in his wallet, that this IS the card. He is wrong…however, he only said that it is THE card, not THEIR card. However, he deals the amount of cards to the value of the card. The card at this position is the spectators card.

Ran Ping Chen- Rannie’s method of doing the Hang Ping Chen, a great, natural looking way to do this move.

The Boss’ change- One of the best changes of one coin into another you will find! Works great as well for a bending coin routine.

Raw Choice- A Russian roulette…with Eggs!!!! A bowl with 5 eggs sit on the table. The spectator chooses ANY egg, and signs their name on the Egg to make sure that no switches appear later. The other four eggs are slammed on the table…all are hard boiled. The spectators signed egg, which was a completely free choice, is cracked open to find it is a normal egg!

The other card- A card is removed from the deck and a ‘lucky’ coin is placed on top. ANY card is selected and signed. This card is lost back in the deck. The Magician remembers it isn’t a trick where it needs to get lost in the deck, so runs back through to try and find it…but it isn’t there…and with the Magicians lucky coin there as well, how could it have gone wrong?!?! But wait! What about the card UNDER the coin, since before the trick even began…it is turned over and seen to be the signed selection!!!

Costume change- A coin is borrowed and signed. Now a bill is borrowed. The signed coin is placed in the middle of the borrowed bill, which is then scrunched into a ball…just a blow, and the bill has changed into a different bill…the bill is unfolded and the signed coin is different bill!!! This is what real Magic looks like!

Mr Picasso- ANY card is again selected and signed. The card is lost back in the deck. The Magician attempts to find the card…several times…but fails each time. So he does the next best thing…makes one card appear…as if from nowhere…or behind his ear…however, it is blank. So the Magician draws the selected card on the blank card, including the signature. Not impressed, the Magician blows on the card and it Magically turns into the spectators signed, selected card.

The Boss’ Ultimate Birthday trick- A card is selected and signed, then lost back into the deck. The Magician asks the spectator how old they will be on their next birthday. The deck is shuffled once more. The spectator deals along to the song of ‘Happy Birthday’ The card they stop on…is not their card…however, by taking that and the next card, gives the age the spectator will be on their next birthday!!! Add the two values together and deal to the new number, and you find the spectators birthday card…or their signed selected card as we will call it

B- Fly- One of the best, cleanest, most visual Three Fly routines created! Critically acclaimed as one of the best handlings in this field, the real work is finally tipped!

The Big Boss- Three coins are turned invisible one at a time. Then the coins reappear in a Magical fashion! This is visual eye candy at its best! One of the best three coin vanish and productions out there!

Because they can- Possibly the CLEANEST handling of Three Fly ever created! Three coins held in the fingertips of one hand, fly invisibly to the other hand where they become visible again. A version where the hands don’t come anywhere near each other after or before each coins travels!!!

Quatro Cantos- Four coins are fairly shown and tossed from one hand to the other. One coins is made invisible…and then appears at the other side of the mat. This happens with the other three coins, one at a time, each coin clearly being shown each time before coins across. Nothing but four coins and two hands used! Really looks like Magic!

Boss Monedas- Two cards, a copper coin and a silver coin. The copper coin goes under one card, the silver under the other card. Just a snap, and the cards are lifted to show that the coins switch places!

Ode to Homer- Four coins travel from one hand to the other. An ode to Homer Liwag. Really does look amazing and Magical!!! Uses only four coins…oh, and an imaginary coin!

The Boss’ four coins across- A coins across from the Magicians hand to the spectators hand. They see the coin, and hear the coin appear. A REAL reputation maker! (As if the others haven’t had you burned at the stake yet!)

Not so gaffless hopping halves- A version of Hopping halves, which uses NO gaffs, just two borrowed coins. Both coins are held in one hand. One coin is removed and placed in the Magicians pocket. How many in the hand? That’s right…two. The other coin is taken and placed in the pocket. How many, clearly, does that leave in the hand…correct, two! The spectator says which coin they want to see removed this time, the coin is removed and placed in the Magicians pocket. So, NOW how many in the hand…two? No…NONE!!!
Chris, is that "the list" or a pick some from there list? that's a ton of material be quite the book!!!
Thank you for the warm reception on the upcoming book. Actually, about, 12 hours from now, the Tavern people, sir rannie's selected few students, would have a session, and help the boss remember most of his best routines. No, no, not that Rannie suffers from amnesia or something, he had made so many, it's difficult to recall for him. Sometimes, even he forgets his own methods. He ends up being fooled by his own routines, done by his students. He ends up thinking that his punchlines, philosophies, subtleties, etc are new, when performed on him--- when in fact, he had been using it for quite some time now. lol This saturday, we'd help the boss to hopefully remember.
Maybe all the taven folks should hook up electric touch and and zap it back into him =D
Chris, don't forget Rannie's Cups and Balls routine.
Ouch Josh!!!LOL!

You guys will help Chris and I make up the table of contents. Your satisfaction is important to us.

Rannie
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 28, 2007 01:05PM)
The cups and balls is a tough one....i will speak with Rannie about this. I am not saying I can't write it up, but there are reasons for this.

Josh, that is a list of everything which COULD go in the book, and, if the Boss wants it all in, it will go in. However, I will write the routines up he wants in the book.

And if the Boss can't remember them all, I have all the original videos if he doesn't still have them :)

I know there is plenty more which could go in the book, in fact, that's the list with me missing items off!!!

I am also trying to see whether we can get a full performance DVD to go with the book, so people can see how they are meant to look. Sometimes when reading, people get confused, and want to see what it SHOULD look like, and this will hopefully be new footage, not taken from previous performance. We want to see the Boss doing it years from when he first created it! :)
I'm glad its a book. I love books. I really hope the cup and ball routine makes it. as this is my favorate "trick"
Done! I will be making a full DVD of the performances specially for this project.

Rannie
That's awesome rannie. I never liked dvd explanations... but I always wliked the idea to be able to watch performances. this is gonna be great!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 28, 2007 01:30PM)
I hope so :)

Oh, and we are looking into the possibility of including the Cups and Balls as we speak :)
It'll be great getting to see him performing the effects for us... I always love sticking on various DVD's just to watch the performances.
Performance DVD of the effects taught in a book! Seriously sign me up for this waiting list as I have always loved Rannie's routines.

The Caffeinated Chronicles of Rannie Raymundo....

Looking forward to seeing this incredible project develop over the coming months.

--Jim
AH HA! the best name yet Jim!
Jim....how did you know I love coffee?
Maybe from the tales of sleepless nights you have?
I have a 6th sense about these things.....someday I will take that 1 million dollar prize from James Randi.

--Jim
LOL! Josh.... you got a point there man! Listen ... I will be in the US next week well on the 10th of Oct. Anyone in the SF area? I will be in the bay area for 4 days then off to my place in San Diego for 2-3 days then LA all the way till the 22nd. It would be great to meet up and session with you guys. Perhaps video some of the performances there.

Rannie
[quote]
On 2007-09-28 13:44, Joshua Barrett wrote:
Maybe all the taven folks should hook up electric touch and and zap it back into him =D
[/quote]

That would be a GREAT idea, Joshua! Like, "On your knees!" Hahaha.
He NEVER sleeps!
I got a call from Ran man last night around 10PM PST / 1 in the afternoon in Manila so if my math is correct and he was still up creating at 4AM as usual that means he may have caught a cat nap somewhere?!?!?!? I think the Boss feels the same as I do..... "I'll get plenty of rest when I'm dead"! :)
I asked him about the book and for someone that is as bold with his moves, he is one of the most humble and gracious men around! Cheers to ya mate!
Looking forward to mid Oct. when ya hit L.A.!!!!! Good food, The Castle, fine cigars, espresso and eye popping magic OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!
C-ya soon,
Mick
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Sep 28, 2007 08:51PM)
Way to go Rannie! Glad to see you're showing off finally! Best of luck, and you can be sure I'll get a copy.
Michael,
Thanks! I wish you luck in your endeavors as well. Be well young man!

Jim,
If uor 6th sense is calibrated....then I predict that the top card or the bottom card of the first deck you get your hands on is the 6 of Spades. But then again... you were thinking of the 4 of clubs!

Josh,

Here I am up and a bout at 8:30 am after hitting the sack at 5am getting ready to be Zapped by the Tavern Goers...Thanks to you man! LOL!

Can't wait to show you the latest!

Rannie
Whoa whoa whoa..... this is gonna be good. not only good but GREAT....

Rannie, are you serious to include a performance DVD ?

That'd be awesome... looking forward to it.

Hmmm US.... wish could be there :)

Cheers
Andre
Michael,
Thanks! I wish you luck in your endeavors as well. Be well young man!

Jim,
If uor 6th sense is calibrated....then I predict that the top card or the bottom card of the first deck you get your hands on is the 6 of Spades. But then again... you were thinking of the 4 of clubs!

Josh,

Here I am up and a bout at 8:30 am after hitting the sack at 5am getting ready to be Zapped by the Tavern Goers...Thanks to you man! LOL!

Can't wait to show you the latest!

Rannie

PS Mick... can't wait for Mid Oct..... its just around the bend. Remind me to bring you some from my collection. PM me the cigar of your dreams. I have a walk in Humidor waiting for your request.
The top card is always an 8 and the bottom card is always a Jack....but I was thinking of the 4 of clubs strangely enough!

--Jim
Rannie,
Just bring yourself and let me introduce Mr Monte Cristo and the Cohiba brothers from lands afar!
WOW, this book is going to be excellent and with a DVD too!! It is going to be tough waiting for this.....
This excellent product will be worth the wait.
[quote]
On 2007-09-28 14:05, Christopher Williams wrote:
The cups and balls is a tough one....i will speak with Rannie about this. I am not saying I can't write it up, but there are reasons for this.

Josh, that is a list of everything which COULD go in the book, and, if the Boss wants it all in, it will go in. However, I will write the routines up he wants in the book.

And if the Boss can't remember them all, I have all the original videos if he doesn't still have them :)

I know there is plenty more which could go in the book, in fact, that's the list with me missing items off!!!

I am also trying to see whether we can get a full performance DVD to go with the book, so people can see how they are meant to look. Sometimes when reading, people get confused, and want to see what it SHOULD look like, and this will hopefully be new footage, not taken from previous performance. We want to see the Boss doing it years from when he first created it! :)
[/quote]

The editing of 'Hand Size Doesn't Matter' completed today, just give me a few days more to make up the DVD menu, after that I will contact Rannie to see if he can sent you one so that you can have a better vision on performance and explanation of his effects.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 29, 2007 10:32AM)
[quote]
On 2007-09-29 11:29, Steven Leung wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

The editing of 'Hand Size Doesn't Matter' completed today, just give me a few days more to make up the DVD menu, after that I will contact Rannie to see if he can sent you one so that you can have a better vision on performance and explanation of his effects.
[/quote]

Thanks
Don't mention it Chris, by the way, Zenneth say Hi to you.

Oh... just a short idea, too many good effects inside this book! It will be out of print once release...!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 29, 2007 10:58AM)
Haha, hi back to Zenneth!

As for this book, I think it will be a sell out! This is my biggest project I have ever taken on, but I feel I can do it and look forward to its release. I haven't even thought about how many to get printed, or even where to get it printed yet!!!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 29, 2007 11:45AM)
Ok guys, more breaking news!!! I just got off the phone to a graphic designer/artist (Or whatever they are called) about the designing to the cover for this, however, though they could have had money for designing the cover, they gave me an idea which I never thought of! I know that a lof of you are more than just Magic junkies...so, I will have a contest for a FREE copy of the book! Whoever designs a cover worthy of being the front cover to Rannies book, gets a FREE copy of the book, that simple! Now, the default name so far, and the most suitable I believe it 'Rannie Raymundo...because I said so'. So that can be the title to the book if you want to add the title to the book, or if you come up with a better one, feel free to put it on. The competition will be judged by myself and Rannie, however, within the next couple months, we will pick the favourite 10, to which will then go into a vote of which cover best suits the book. We are trying to involve the Magic community as much as possible in this, so...get creating guys!!! We look forward to the entries!!!

When you are happy with it, don't email it to me or Rannie, I don't want an overloaded inbox due to all the entrants, so upload them to somewhere of your choice and PM or email me AND Rannie the link

Thanks guys
Cool... what type of program is good for this sort of thing??
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 29, 2007 11:52AM)
Photoshop and Quark express are two I know of...
Ok cheers
[quote]
On 2007-09-29 11:29, Steven Leung wrote:
[quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Steven, so does it mean we can buy the lecture DVD at your shop later?
That would be a real great remembrance of the lecture and it's enjoyable to watch the whole thing again. :)

As for the book, it would be nice to include the Boss' insight, thinking, advices in the Topit(is it the right name?) skill as well. I don't know much about it but I think Rannie is really good at it. Misdirection rules!
Just a quick 2 cents worth (and I'm sure this has been considered by Christopher and Rannie) Topics on Topit and sleeving etc can make up a whole other book!
I'm sure over time a fine library can be compiled with Rannie's magic so "Because I said so" will be a great FIRST book I'm sure!
Mick
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 29, 2007 05:49PM)
There will be some work on the topit in there, as a few of Rannies routines use the Topit. So sleeving and Topit will have a workshop, followed by routines which require a topit
I have only just discovered this topic, and I have to say that I am incredibly excited by the prospect of a book of Rannie's routines being published.

I have loved Raniie's work ever since I first saw it, great thinking and great execution. It is also entertaining, something that magicians sometimes forget about.
Rannie is also one of the nicest guys in magic, I could tell you how I know this but it would probably embarrass Rannie.
Trust me, Rannie is a good guy!

Put me down for a copy!!!

Tom
Some updates for you gentlemen.....

We had a great Tavern session last night. Of course it went on till the wee hours. I would like to thank The Tavern Goers for bringing their note from last year. It was pretty amazing to see notes written on notebooks, scratch papers etc...
I remembered about 6 effects from my old stuff. Its funny how I was fooled again by my own tricks in the hands of Verrico, Daniel and Cyssa.

Aside from that 4 new effects were created using coins and also a combo of coins and cups. 4 new card sleights were played around with. Even new moves with the Zombie. So all in all it was a great night.

RE the TOPIT. I would very much like to, as what Chris mentioned, have a section on the Topit. I did spend so much time working on it. From the construction/design to the most basic element wich is the tossing. I have seen so many topit workers toss it the wrong way and use it too much. I rarely push my own moves but in my humble opinion my Catapult Toss will help make each toss more accurate and invisible.

In this section I would also like to talk about why it works, when (situation)it is most effective.

Thank you everyone for the warm response. This body of work has been the center of my life for the past 15 years. This could very well fulfill my dream of letting the world know that there is Magic in Manila Philippines. My family is excited as well.

Rannie
Yeah Boss, those were my first couple of notes from the tavern. Parts of it were even hand written by you. There were some gems in there. It's also funny that you were fooled by your own routines. LOL! You're probably just too busy creating new ones and don't care much to remember them. We're just here to note them down so it won't be forgotten.

As for the book, if it were all up to me, I'd say that there should be a volume each dedicated to card magic, coin magic (mechanics and routines), mentalism, and magic theory. the Boss just have his way of doing things that would be valuable to others. I agree with the general list of routines posted in the thread. It would be good that there is something for everyone. Also, they are the Boss' workers. If the Boss plans to publish his stack, that alone would worth more than the price of the book.
[quote]
As for the book, if it were all up to me, I'd say that there should be a volume each dedicated to card magic, coin magic (mechanics and routines), mentalism, and magic theory. the Boss just have his way of doing things that would be valuable to others. I agree with the general list of routines posted in the thread. It would be good that there is something for everyone. Also, they are the Boss' workers. If the Boss plans to publish his stack, that alone would worth more than the price of the book.
[/quote]

I agree! I agree. lol verrico, remember, we had to use a cattleprod on sir rannie just so he'd recall? lol kidding aside, I found it cute that even the boss gets fooled by his own. He even forgets his own patter. A book is really a necessity, not just for other magicians, but for sir rannie himself. lol
Hey! You guys and gays look after the Boss well. Make sure he doesn't fall and knock his head into some hard objects ... otherwise he may forget all his special inventions ... and you have nothing to see after that LOL
Thanks James! LOL! Can't wait to have you in Manila my friend! Cyssa...thank you for remembering the lessons. More than that I appreciate you remembering why they work and not only how they work.

Rannie
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Sep 30, 2007 02:15PM)
I've made a cover and will send it along. Very excited about this!
So far, there are loads of pre-orders, and requests that it'd be hard-bound. Sir Michael, I hope we see the covers you propose here too!
Hard covers and a colorful dust jacket would be ideal. Perhaps the initial run of a limited number of copies should be leather bound with gold stamping and embossing?
And sign too
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 3, 2007 08:29AM)
Love the ideas guys, keep them coming!!! I can see this is going to cost me badly, but it will be worth it I am sure...unless I can find someone to sponsor it or something, we shall see, still lots going on behind the scenes
And throw in a DVD too.
I'm with James.... I would be VERY willing to pay the extra for a leather bound, numbered, signed and blessed by da Boss copy!
Man I'm looking forward to this book!
Mick
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 6, 2007 03:48AM)
Some news...The Cups and Balls is going in!!!!!!!!!!!! John Mendoza gave it his blessings to go in the book!
I am so excited about this Chris! Mr. Mendoza was so generous in granting me permission to include The Cups and Balls in the book and DVD. What a wonderful gentleman of magic. He was swift to respond and was ever so gracious.

Mr. Mendoza even gave me the right to call it "The Boss' World Famous Cups and Balls"

Perhaps this would put an end to some people who think I am claiming this routine and don't give credit where credit is due. It is a big deal for me to give credits. As a performer... it is also my duty to give credits in the proper venues. Perhaps the older guys in CB will remember how I would never fail to remind them of how great the Mendoza routine is!

I have added my touches and climaxes to ....IMHO... the best darn CB routine ever designed. Once again my sincerest thanks to Mr. John Mendoza and all of you who encouraged me to improve on my CB routine.

Regards from Manila,

Rannie
I am ready to burst! I literally can't wait for this book to come out. It will be the next thing I buy.

Just wondering, have you chosen an approximate release date yet? And, when will we know who won the cover design contest?
Dear Christopher Williams,

As you may know, I've published a lot of books (most are stitched hardbacks) over the last 20 years. A "best seller" in magic terms is circa 5000 copies; and I'm proud that some of my titles have sold way over that. As for 'cost', I get mine printed in the UK (for many reasons, although I'm aware it's cheaper abroad...in the short term) and 5000 copies cost me about £15,000 for a 200-page top-production book. (Plus cost of plates, illustrator etc.)

The biggest expense is getting them shipped to the USA. (In 1997, one shipment of 2000 books cost me £3000.) But, remember that the retail of a magic book sold in the USA is way below the retail in the UK. So, when you set the retail price, take in to consideration: Cost, Post, Packaging, Labeling (Dollar/Pound rate) and then, (if selling to US dealers and/or wholesalers) Jobber & Wholesale Discounts etc., etc. And - Marketing, Adverts, Leaflets, Mail Outs etc.

Big advice: Get the book ISBN'd and copyrighted in the 6 UK national libraries and in the US. Watch out for Customs charges and the blessed IR.

More advice if you are interested, but as you didn't ask - I'll stop here.

I hope the project is - above all else - FUN! Good luck with it. Rannie's material is excellent...so, you've chosen a good 'subject.'

Best,

Paul Gordon
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 7, 2007 09:13AM)
Thanks for the tips Paul, I will be in contact, I would love to see a man such as yourself involved in this project if interested...

Thanks
The boss UBSF is an ultimate fooler for magicians, and a very seemingly impossible thing for laymen. No hand contact, whatsoever. Super clean, this, I'd say again, is the most honest three fly I've laid my eyes on. We, down here in manila, are loving it in its maiden form--- the boss has revisions, and we're thrilled to be the first one to see it once he arrives home.

seems like this effect is going into the book. I don't know, only assuming, since most people are petitioning for it to be included. If ever UBSF gets included, this book would surpass expectations!

check out the UBSF here, and enjoy!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=229409&forum=3
Toss my name in there to see UBSF to be included in this book...make sure the shoe variation is included in there for presentation purposes =)

Hardbound would be fantastic but in print period would be great too. What is between the covers is what I am most interested in anyways (don't read into that either =P).

--Jim
[quote]
On 2007-10-12 16:03, Cyssa wrote:
The boss UBSF is an ultimate fooler for magicians, and a very seemingly impossible thing for laymen. No hand contact, whatsoever. Super clean, this, I'd say again, is the most honest three fly I've laid my eyes on. We, down here in manila, are loving it in its maiden form--- the boss has revisions, and we're thrilled to be the first one to see it once he arrives home.

seems like this effect is going into the book. I don't know, only assuming, since most people are petitioning for it to be included. If ever UBSF gets included, this book would surpass expectations!

check out the UBSF here, and enjoy!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=229409&forum=3
[/quote]

Hmmmm? Let me think about this one ok...

Rannie
Hard cover, soft cover, it really doesn't matter. I would buy it whatever the cover. As long as Rannie approves the contents, I'll buy it and study it until the cover falls off.
Thank you Gentlemen! I am putting all my best routines on this book. It would be a collection of all my stuff from the past12 years. They have all been tested in the "real world" and they are from my actual repertoir. The routines you will learn from the book are the result of many failures and successes. I am so excited!

Rannie
Lots of subtleties, and audience handling tips and techniques, I bet, would be included. Knowing sir rannie, he'd make sure the effect induces the best reactions, and escapes the hecklers' side comments. his subtleties are sure to throw off any grabber/ etc at guard! audience handling tips are needed by most magicians today... sure, they could handle audiences in a controlled environment.. but some bizarre breeds of hecklers keep popping up. I sure hope the boss would give us insight on this.
Right on Cyssa! I wish the Boss would include theories and principles of magic, misdirection, and his philosophies. This information will be very valuable to every student of magic. And that's what makes magic books better than videos, the theory part. Too often a magic video would focus just on the effects.
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Oct 16, 2007 07:35PM)
So, how many cover art entries have there been? Have you chosen one as of yet?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 17, 2007 02:14AM)
Only yours Michael!!! Come on guys, anyone else going to enter?
[quote]
On 2007-10-17 03:14, Christopher Williams wrote:
[/quote]

Working on one now...should have it done by the end of this weekend.

--Jim
I am going to PM you my entry by next week, I was thinking though, if it would be leather bound, or hard bound?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 17, 2007 12:36PM)
All depends how it goes. Hard back is by preferred choice, but we shall see
I didn't see the dimensions of the book mentioned anywhere - this is helpful info when designing a cover. So has the size been decided?
Chris, would you except photograpy, and photoshoped stuff?
Gentlemen,

Thank you all for your warm response. It is just such an honor to share my magic with you and the community. It is my life's work from my beginnings in magic to this day. Any kind of book would be wonderful. Christopher is the BOSS on this project.... I'm just the magician sharing my passion as well as my creations.

Till then....your friend,

Rannie
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 17, 2007 02:55PM)
Bookwise, I am looking really at A4, I can see it being that big!!! And Joshua, anything, photoshop, photos etc are fine
Cool, I got a idea. ill send you some thing this weekend
Congratulations Rannie!

We'll be waiting for its release.
[quote]
On 2007-10-17 03:14, Christopher Williams wrote:
[/quote]

Hi Chris,
I'm working on a couple of things.
I'm having a problem with the "Rannie 'The Boss' Raymundo...because I said so." as a title.
I know it fits well with "The Boss" but am wondering how this fits and will read as the title of a magic book.

Other suggestions:
"Magic: Straight from the Hip"
"Rannie Raymundo's Late Night Magic"
"Dusk to Dawn Magic of Rannie Raymundo"

OK. Maybe "The Magic of Rannie Raymundo
.....because I said so!" can work.

Oh crud!
I just had 3 A4 images in Photoshop open and it must have overloaded memory and the program closed.
Lost one!!!
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 20, 2007 07:38PM)
Hi Jaz, it had a proposed title of 'Rannie Raymuno...because I said so'. Without 'The Boss' bit in it

Thanks, look forward to any entries
I like it without "The Boss" as well as Jaz's last suggestion!
Mick
Jaz, that's the same problem I and schwarzeine encounter in adobe photoshop! It slows down, then closes! hmf Anyway... I 'third' jaz and mick. lol
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Oct 21, 2007 08:46AM)
Ok, Jaz has sent me his work and also posted a link here, if you were lucky enough to see it briefly, you will know the incredibly high standard Jaz has now set!!! It has come off as I want the final cover to be a secret ;)

So don't post your entries in public, PM me the link :)

Keep it up guys, Jaz...sensational!!!
:lol:
I was wondering what happened to that post.

Thanks Chris.
DANG! Missed it but I'm sure Jaz did a wicked cool job!
Mick
Missed it too!! Too bad! I bet jaz would snag it up, being a photoshop expert (as to what I've read on older posts) I wish my program would avoid getting buggy!

As for the book, may I request a section on how the pros do it and why it works? knowing how it works is slightly enough, but knowing why is way better.

schwarzeine
Message: Posted by: THEGUY26 (Will Swanson) (Oct 27, 2007 06:37PM)
[quote]
On 2007-10-13 20:18, rannie wrote:
Thank you Gentlemen! I am putting all my best routines on this book. It would be a collection of all my stuff from the past12 years. They have all been tested in the "real world" and they are from my actual repertoir. The routines you will learn from the book are the result of many failures and successes. I am so excited!

Rannie
[/quote]

Call the book "Real World Rannie".
[quote]
On 2007-10-27 19:37, THEGUY26 wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-10-13 20:18, rannie wrote:

Rannie
[/quote]

Call the book "Real World Rannie".
[/quote]

That'd be a nice title, unfortunately, a title's already been said. ^^
One year later...... Time flies doesn't it. Christopher..lets do it mate!

Cheers from Manila,

Rannie
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Nov 4, 2008 11:59AM)
[quote]
On 2008-11-04 11:18, rannie wrote:
One year later...... Time flies doesn't it. Christopher..lets do it mate!

Cheers from Manila,

Rannie
[/quote]

Indeed, was going to post on this, but couldn't find the thread. As some people may have noticed, I haven't been on the Café as much as I used to. This is due to a lot of my time being taken up by now performing a lot more, and working with companies on releases and editing other small bits of work, that all add up over time. Though I am still doing that, it is with firm intent that this will be out sooner rather than later. Apologies to everyone, especially Rannie, but I will be giving this a lot of attention, and will not take on anymore editing work until I am done.

Thanks

Chris
Cheers from Manila my jolly old friend!

Rannie
Cool names would be:

-"The Boss's Rules of Magic"
-"Decada"

The first, as it sounds cool :)
The second is because my amigo is gathering his 10 years of magic on this amazing-to-be book.

Can't be more proud of you Rannie.
Best of luck with the project amigo, hope to see your book on the shelves soon!!!
It will be nice if the book can include Rannies photos while he was at different parts of the world doing magic, lectures, meeting magicians.

I can provide those while he was in Hong Kong in the last couples of years.
Message: Posted by: Michael Rubinstein (Nov 9, 2008 08:41PM)
Can't wait to see the finished product Rannie! If it also includes all the material you producted in the last year, that book should be huge! Good luck with it my friend!
Thanks Steven....I ought to have a copy of those pics.

Mike, The book will also include all the stuff I created till the end of this year. The book will be called DECADA. A collection of my works during the last 10 years. I will probably include some earlier works as well ... just a handful from the earl 90's such as the RAYTRIX and my cups and balls routine.
Dear BOSS,

I definitely will be very happy if there are contents include some sure fire mentalism effects for parlour situation. I believe that such effect category are mostly our brothers would like to add into their reportire (including me as well.)
Decada would be a nice name. I'm looking forward to the completion of this book. I would be one of the witnesses of what the Boss is working on. And as the book is in progress, he surely is developing newer effects. The Boss never sleeps!
Cant wait to grab a copy of this book...

just a trivia for you guys...
The Boss has already written a book entitled "DIGITATION"...
and its really a cool read...

I'm very lucky to have an autographed copy of the book...
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Dec 9, 2008 05:48PM)
Hi guys, since Rannie convinced me to sign up to Skype, the project seems to be moving on faster and faster. 'Dacada' is a great name for the book, and the cover will be designed with that title on it. The book will be written in as much detail as possible, and many clear photos will be included to give as much clarity as possible. This book really will be a big hit, stay tuned for a 2009 release as long as all stays on track!