(Close Window)
Topic: Witches Almanac (Outlaw Effects)
The Witches Almanac (500 Inner Truths) 1938 edition from Outlaw and Dr.Bill Cushman.

Something for you boys and girls. It's dark it's aged and it's perfect for adding a little "mystique" to your mentalism set.

It's designed as a mainstream mentalism effect, but I'm sure you bizarre magick boys will have some fun with this too.

On a nice pre-order discount right now. Ships October 31st hehehe
This looks so intriguing!

piers.
We are staunch Reflections devotees. Ordering Almanac today! Outlaw Quality unsurpassed...so much Play! Life's a Gas!--coupcoupdaddy
*** - I have just ordered Sanctum2 - and now this comes along!
Almanac sounds great - if it is half as good a Reflections, I will have to tickle my Paypal again!
Reflections has been a go to effect in my walk around routine now for close to a year. It is the onl booktest I use,.....until now , Cant wait for this to arrive
Channel 999

[url=http://web.mac.com/edbain/Site/The_Witches_Channel.html]tune in here[/url]
Naturally this has just been ordered.

Roth, Dr. Bill ... how can one resist?
Just watched Channel 999, awesome(as usual) ! Love the title for this, as well as the description of it on the Outlaw site. Things just keep getting better.

John
I've heard even a few actual card carrying witches are interested this!
I am looking foward to this....

Don't suppose there are any pictures of it?
I really wish I could get this before Halloween.
I will try my best to get this out before halloween. It will be close. Possibly by the 25th but no promises.

Thanks guys!
Witches' Sabbats are eight times a year. Most of the dates are around the usually celebrated human holidays but with extras.

But indeed as Bradbury so eloquently wrote..."Beware the autumn people."
We're going to try and get these out in time for Halloween. No promises but I'm hopeing to get them shipped by the 25th.

Thanks for the great responce!

Rick
YaY! :)
Ditto (YAY!)
Oh that would rock.

[quote](YaY)[/quote]

Halloween is coming...
Now now, don't scimp on quality just to get them out early. Not that I'm worried. But really, even if I had it now, I wouldn't be ready by Halloween.

Raven
If you have Reflections ... you'll be ready.
Oh right, well bring it on then.
Witch book photos coming shortly! New Outlaw website coming too!
Just ordered Reflections on the heels of pre-ordering Witches Almanac. I'm taking the gentle hints I've read that those who do Reflections should be able to hit the ground running with the Witches Almanac.
***, more money I might have to spend.
Should have a shot of the Witches' book up this weekend.

Check out the NEW OUTLAW SITE !!

I now carry the E-books of Julian Moore. Great cold reading and Palm Reading material.
That website is BEAUTIFUL..... kudos, sir.... kudos!
Very nice
I like the cool new website. Roth, I see you in the blue outfit, but you forgot a cigarette. :)
Hey Rick,

How are you brother? Of course your new effect is great (OK, it's probably one of the most valuable collectors items of the coming century), but what people have missed here is just how HANDSOME you are my good chap!!

:applause:

Cheers,
Al
Very nice...and the Kitten likes it too ! ;)
Roth, great stuff.

I'll be placing a second order for Witches soon, hope you have enough!
Rick:The new sight looks great!However,now that my screaming ex wife is out of a job...she'll probably be seeking me out for $. :cry:

PS.'Reflections' is awesome.

Rich
The new sight looks very nice :)
Rick,

The site does look incredible. Great work.

Sean
The Witches book photos will be up on the site monday night! Pre-order sale price comes off on Halloween!

It will go to $80.00 shipped!

This baby is soooo wicked looking ( takes a lot of custom hand work )

hey, you'll see it tomorrow night!
Whoo Hoo!
Great new site.
I will however miss the screaming woman. Reminded me of my ex. Anyone know where I can I find that film clip?
[quote]
On 2007-10-21 22:25, Dan McLean wrote:
Great new site.
I will however miss the screaming woman. Reminded me of my ex. Anyone know where I can I find that film clip?
[/quote]
she's our trademark. She'll be back shortly. Still getting a couple quirks straight on the site.

Thanks!
She always scared the crap out of me, I keep my speakers pretty high. My neighbors think I do bad things in my basement.
Photos are up! This book takes soooo much work. On the 31st the pre-sale is coming off and the regular price goes to $80.00 shipped world wide.

BTW the actual book will have antique aged wire binding, the photo book has plastic binding.

Check it out!

thanks!
The cover looks great.
Wow looks good - cannot wait.
Also, fantastic new site - love the Noir look, and the banner is awsome!
I give praise to the website also. Just sent in my pre-order for the Almanac yesterday. If it lives up to all the hype(and I suspect it will) this will be a steal at the offered price.
Between The Almanac and the rumoured Sanctum release, I'll be set for years!
The Witches Almanac is just about ready to ship. Soooo much work goes into this book that, like I promised, the price is taking a big jump tomorrow.

Most likely $75-$80.00 shipped.

Thanks guys!
I haven't chimed in yet but I thought you folks might get a kick out of the following.

Due to Rick's severe obsessive-compulsive perfectionism, The Witches' Almanac didn't get to the printer until the 31st. He was called and told to pick up the books at 11:30P.M.

When he arrived, pages were still being churned out. His paranoia kicking in, Rick feared the worst but said nothing. Suddenly the shop went quiet.

The printer turned to Rick with a twisted grin and said, "It's Halloween, it's midnight and The Witches' Almanac is done."

You couldn't have written a better scenario for this book.

The result is the Almanacs have been bound and are being aged as I type. They will start shipping worldwide this week.

You guys are going to love this. It just keeps getting better and better.
[quote]
On 2007-11-04 23:12, Bill Cushman wrote:
I haven't chimed in yet but I thought you folks might get a kick out of the following.

Due to Rick's severe obsessive-compulsive perfectionism, The Witches' Almanac didn't get to the printer until the 31st. He was called and told to pick up the books at 11:30P.M.

When he arrived, pages were still being churned out. His paranoia kicking in, Rick feared the worst but said nothing. Suddenly the shop went quiet.

The printer turned to Rick with a twisted grin and said, "It's Halloween, it's midnight and The Witches' Almanac is done."

You couldn't have written a better scenario for this book.

The result is the Almanacs have been bound and are being aged as I type. They will start shipping worldwide this week.

You guys are going to love this. It just keeps getting better and better.
[/quote]

We're gettin ready to get this little gem shipping this week! Thanks for your patience!
Jack got me conditioned to expect a flying monkey (which terrified me in my youth) to arrive today so I can practice blbliomancy during the commercials for tonight's exciting Phenomenon show.

Anticipating ALMANAC, Rick....so well-worth and fun the wait!

Watch how the feminine preveils tonight!

--Isso Liwok
Can anyone advise whether the Almanac pre-orders have been shipped? Any updated info would be appreciated.
Drool....

Outlaw Toil and take the trouble

Fire Burn and Cauldrun bubble!

Where is my Book of Shadows?

Only the Roth-ifer knows!

(And I better get it soon!) hee hee
Good news is you boys paid $55.00 for a book that is now $80.00 and most likely will go up to $90.00 shipped shortly. Why? Soooo much work goes into these its taken till now to get the first shipment out.

Here's a little skinny that I was going to save as a surprize when you recieved the book, but since I ran about 9 days past ship date I'll tell you a little more.

The Witches Almanac is all about readings, fortunes and a "psychic" connection between the "sitter" and the guest.

The book has a pocket built into the inside of the back cover that contains 5 aged tarot cards, very special tarot cards.

Not only does the book take a huge amount of time to age, it has a pocket built into the cover and we had 400 custom made Tarot cards that are hand aged.

The back story is very Ray Bradbury "Something wicked this way comes"

It will allow a mentalist, to "cross over" to the rather bizarre side, yet maintain their mentalist persona.

BTW, they start shipping today.
This will be so worth the wait!!!
My friend...this is CHOICE! Top of the Outlaw food chain. I want one for sure.

Doug
This one is at the Top of my Outlaw wish list. I too am eagerly awaiting. It has been worth it.

John
My mailbox is hungry and waiting.

Regards, Steve
Roth is my hero
Roth,
I am actual looking for your almanac and some other stuff from you (SOM and Panther).
Because I never have bought or used a booktest- I asked you for some points. During this topic - everybody likes it ( I think because of your reputation - you also have highly mine) but I didn´t found any additional informations regarding the routine or what it looks like to handle. Your video is a nice teaser - but no really information giving for me (the basis for a "teaser")- sorry for this bad english ;-)
It may be amateurish, but where else should I asked- so, sorry in advance:
1. I am living in Germany and traveling international: Is the internal English understandable for non native English speeching people ? Is the "story" simple to understand?
2. Your personal opinion: would you personal show this booktest on a party or a bar in a hotel? Or is the "witches story" to mystic? Should I go for "Reflections"- but than I do not have the additional improvement.
Yes, Yes I know- it depends on the presentation- but I think everybody who is serious understand what I mean.
If my questions are to sensitive or ungentle,please pm me
kindly
spinki
[quote]
On 2007-11-10 02:08, spinki wrote:
Roth,
I am actual looking for your almanac and some other stuff from you (SOM and Panther).
Because I never have bought or used a booktest- I asked you for some points. During this topic - everybody likes it ( I think because of your reputation - you also have highly mine) but I didn´t found any additional informations regarding the routine or what it looks like to handle. Your video is a nice teaser - but no really information giving for me (the basis for a "teaser")- sorry for this bad english ;-)
It may be amateurish, but where else should I asked- so, sorry in advance:
1. I am living in Germany and traveling international: Is the internal English understandable for non native English speeching people ? Is the "story" simple to understand?
2. Your personal opinion: would you personal show this booktest on a party or a bar in a hotel? Or is the "witches story" to mystic? Should I go for "Reflections"- but than I do not have the additional improvement.
Yes, Yes I know- it depends on the presentation- but I think everybody who is serious understand what I mean.
If my questions are to sensitive or ungentle,please pm me
kindly
spinki
[/quote]
Hey Spinki,
Each entry is 3-4 lines long and fairly simple english. Presenting this book anywhere would be a treat to the spec because its so unusual. That said, you need to have a nice smooth belivable "back story", which we provide.

Reflections is a great carry around impromptu little "psychological" book test.

Witches Almanac is a presentation piece that could easily be an opener or closer for a parlour show or for walk around at party tables.

The routine is not for quick table hopping, and I don't think a restaurant setting is best for this book. Reflections is good for table hopping.

The witch book is such an unusual piece it really should be used as something special and an effect that one could give 10-15 minutes to.

BTW this book has been pre-ordered by customers from the Philippines to Spain to Indonesia and Singapore.

Hope that helps a bit Spinki

RR
Roth,
when do you sleep? or are you in Eu located.
Thank you! I estimate something like that.
I think I will go for Almanac. I have create my own tarot cards and own ESp cards etc... Therefore it would fit- in context with Tarot.
Big thank you!
Dr S:((Checks mailbox))-- "rats..."

Random person on street: Its Saturday - no mail delivery today man...

Dr Swaves hand at random person and changes him into a puddle of strawberry jell-o... then removes the rats from the mailbox... "Darn... where is my almanac??!?"

Something Wicked this Way Comes is one of my all time Bradbury favs... Mr Cougar and Mr Dark... the Witch... the lightning Rod salesman... carnival of terror... oh yeah!
Rick, is one of the cards Mabel?
So exciting! Glad the tarot secret is now revealed. When I first heard of the methodology intended for the Almanac I was thrilled.
Witches folks! Tarot readings...Yum!
It's gonna be just great!
Eddie, you are going to love this. You never need to see the cards to feel the power of the witch. You can be across the room or across the world and she still lets you in on her secrets.
Well, I got a sneak peek at the Almanac today, from Roth himself. With every effect Outlaw releases, I tell myself, "It can't get better than this". Guess what? It has. -Don't get me wrong. The Relic is probably the best deal in magic, and is both a superb effect and a wonderful work of art. Reflections is a book I carry everywhere. Witches' Almanac, however, is in a league of its own. The lithographs on the pages(that's what they look like) are absolutely stunning, and remind me of those lithos in "Rime of the Ancient Mariner". Incredibly detailed, they set a strong tone of dark secrets and ancient wisdom. Somehow- and this is difficult to explain; you'll have to see it yourself to appreciate it- Roth has gotten the lithos to blend into the pages, rather than be framed, like most artwork in books. You can't tell where the litho ends and the paper begins. I've never seen anything quite like it. Also, it's the most "fair" looking booktest I've ever seen, in both appearance and method. There's a really cool built-in pocket in the back for the aged Tarot cards. And the beauty is, with Roth and Dr. Bill's methodology, you won't have to spend a lifetime studying Tarot to do great cold readings. (It's also got twenty times the versatility of any book test out there.)
Rick, Dr. Bill, I don't do predictions... but I think it's safe to say this will be Outlaw's new benchmark- an effect for the ages.
Gabe, you lucky devil!

I'm glad they are shipping at last!

(Checks mail box)... muddapussbuckets...

Random person: Say, its only 8 in the morning... mail doesn't come until the afternoon...

Dr S waves hand and transforms person into a tattoo that flies and embeds itself onto a vary large person of sweaty disposition in a carnival run by the Autumn People

Dr S then removes the puss bucket out of the mail box "But I can hardly wait to get that Witches Almanac!!! With Ancient Tarot Cards!!!"

(Makes me feel like a kid again - like a toy with trading cards!)
Woah that sounds so cool Roth.....I have just discovered the wonders of Ray Bradbury, thanks to Mark Raven, and I hust finished reading 'something wicked this way comes' so I am really, really, really looking foward to this now :)
Witch do I want more, the Almanac or The Relic?
Why is the mail so late today?!?!!?!?!

Glad you're enjoying Ray!

Mark
Princehal...you should ask yourself... which one do you want first?

To own either will certainly lead you to purchase the other. Such is the way with the brilliant highly anticipated OutLaw products.

They are just that good.
You must get both... you must get ALL OUTLAW ITEMS... don't worry... once you get one... you are perm. doomed to quest after all the items... ye, unto eternity...
*sits stareing at letterbox*
Is someone going to post a review?
I cannot wait to get my copy!
They're shipping!!! :)
Whoo Hoo!!!

They come in a fall of broomsticks and a soft flap of bedsheets around corners. :)
Walk out to the mailbox. Walk back. Stand at window tapping fingers on the sill. Repeat as required.
Be careful not to shatter fist through window if book not in box
Practice patience knowing that everything that arrives to you from OutLaw has been carefully inspected in route by secret Government officials and then carefully wrapped back up to appear untampered.
ALthough there was that one time the secret base opened one set of homicide series... an agent got possessed by the spirit of serial killer and went on a rampage... they had to pull in the PSI division and hunt him down....

Since then, they just let the packages go through... even if they end up at what appears a random address...

But the person getting it gets the usual note "This artefact/tome is yours... IT ALWAYS WAS..." ((What is your pleasure?))
Often your personal postal delivery person is interrogated before delivery which will explain either their fawning or feigning behavior.

Countless lives may be lost, but the products are worth the short wait.
Mine arrived today! It is sooo beautiful Rick. This is really lovely.
I could not be more impressed so far. Gabelson's description of the book is spot on.

Congrats to Outlaw and Dr. Bill.

Now to delve into the instructions.
More soon!
I have now read the glorious instructions and precise method of working with the Witches Almanac. I dare not tip the experience you early adopters are about to have.

Could feeling like a cold reading God come any easier?
Lucky you Eddie ;)
Eddie, now you can tell Gozer to please remove herself to the closet parallel dimension or alternative plane if she hits town.
I'm still reading the instruction book. (I love the new style of instructions!)

"WOW!" is all I can say right now.
How come the Eastern peoples got this before the Midwestern peoples? Time Zone is one hour later for Eastern peoples. This makes no sense.
Sniff... I likely won't get it until at least Tuesday... the horror...the horror...
I live right by the regional Postal HQ. ;)
"Worth the wait" may be a cliché but this time it is truth.

This is my personal favorite OutLaw book.
I am kinda certain it will be the favorite of several of the usual suspects above.
It may, indeed. ;)
The Scream is back...

http://www.outlaw-effects.com/

:)
Arggggg!
Hooray! The scream is baacckkkk!
The forum has it's first thread. It is a beginning. Bring on the big guns.
The scream always scares the S**T out of me.
My ex-wife has returned! Huzzah!
Yay! the scream...it didn't seem right without it :)
Scream de la scream
The winds hollowed and
The very land seemed to tremble.
The sun appeared a distant candle,
A dense fog distorting all vision.
Nature had spoken and
Her voice echoed in bony chambers....
Of all of the quotes, why that one? By the way "howled" not "hollowed" Attributed to W. P. Upman. A freind of yours?
Creepy little girl with a gun.
The girl is pretty, it's the gun that makes it creepy. Had she been a creepy little girl carrying a gun, that would have been downright scary. But it is a fave of mine. I like the pocketwatch a lot, the man with the rifle looking back over his shoulder.

Here is a favorite quote: If she is truly Mother, Nature is a lady without prentense or anything resembling what we know as conscience. What we percieve as a bullet with our name on it is actually infinite bullets inscribed, "to whom it may concern."

And it is attributed to someone named Laverna Wicks, coincidentally the name of my mother-in-law.
The Dekranom is not something to make light of :bat:
The Dekranom is something to make dark of. We share our dark thoughts.
I have to agree with Roth here. We shouldn't make light of this.

From what I know, Trinity Press published a long unseen type of Witches' Almanac which was only released in limited quantities only once each century, it was called the Dekranom, but in late 1938 after the third and last edition was published the Trinity Press offices and warehouse were completely burned down.

250 copies were known to have survived that fire but all the original manuscripts were lost.

According to several leading esoteric historians, books matching the description of Dekranom were reportedly seen in use at several less than reputable traveling carnivals during the 1940's. Lore quickly accumulated that the book was much more than it seemed as stories of amazingly accurate fortunes became common among carnies and those who pursued them. Whispers of other powers attributed to Dekranom began to quickly circulate among the unique underworld of carnie and sideshow fortunetellers.

A fortuneteller whose name is now lost, but often called "The Seer" is said to have made a potent discovery while experimenting with the Witches' Almanac and a deck of Tarot cards where he stumbled onto a well-hidden secret.

All I'm going to say here is that one should be careful what one assumes regarding the Witches' Almanac.
[quote]

All I'm going to say here is that one should be careful what one assumes regarding the Witches' Almanac.
[/quote]

I assume that I'll get mine soon!
IT ARRIVED TODAY!!!

I Give this 3 Alpha/Omegas out of 1.

Holy crap - the Tarot Cards are so nice.... what a beautiful icing to the perfect cake.... this is *** *** *** good stuff.

Roth, you are one of the greatest of heroes for the realm of bizarre and mentalism! You and Dr. Bill have knocked this one out of the aether and into the hyperdimensional planes (where mankind has not yet trod)....

Besides the Something Wicked This Way Comes,.... you do realize of course this ties in CARNIVAL????

I also plan to tie this into the Incorruptible and Higley items I have...

Holy gosh bezeejus on a pogo stick....

(incomprehensible babbling as I look over the pages and the cards with my demonic minions)

EXCELSIOR!
Let's not forget Nightmare Alley!
Good call, Bill!

The 1930s were a great time for darkness :)
Oh to travel back to the 1930s with this book in hand. I would own a Carnival.
Indeed!

Or be a crazy Satanic preacher.... :P

Also, this book is so well aged, so well "polished" in looking authentic... it is amazing.

I also love the illustrations and the creepy poems.

Once I get to trying this out... I shall report back!

Oooo... the tarot cards are SO nice with this... you gotta see them... they look like ancient collector items... and totally dark magick....

Ah, the great Depression... the time of the Dark Messiah, Nyarlathotep... oh yeah!... I am going to work this somehow into a Haunter of the Dark routine... not sure how yet... but this book seems to be scream USE ME... USE ME...(of course it doesn't say its price of the soul...)

Hmmm.... a mirror maze of the soul springs to mind too looking at this... getting lost within the labyrinth of the book (Yay Borges and Bradbury!)...

Did I mention Roth is my hero?
Still waiting in Cleveland... sigh. Glad I have Sanctum 2 to keep me occupied while I wait.

Regards, Steve
Hi all:

I posted a review here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=234955&forum=15

It is really terrific! Great workmanship and authenticity! Love it!
As to not duplicate my posts over and over, I'll do my posting in SPOOKY since there are enough people here doing the Penny....

But boy, is this the cat's meow (as in Greymalkin, a familiar of Karswell)
Got mine today! This is the best Outlaw product yet, and that is saying a lot. I just gave the instruction book a quick first look and all I can say is you are going to love this effect. The book itself and the cards are first class. What great looking props. Well, got to get back to the manual (yes, a 32-page manual). This was definitely worth the wait.
Empty mailbox AAARRRGGGHH!
Wow... wow, and WOW !

Witches Almanac is just amazing.. all aspects of it, from what can be done to just holding it in my hands and feeling the genuine fakery of this old tome.

"It's a beautiful thing"... big Kudos to Outlaw and Bill Cushman !
Apologies for starting a new thread colleagues! Perhaps a mod can merge them?

Rereading the booklet brings so many other ideas to the fore with this effect. You can do drawing dupes, remote viewing, mini readings, among others. The Tarot Cards alone are superb, without even delving into this devious book! Watch out Salem and Arthur Miller...presentations abound!
So which one of you hexed a purchasing curse on me, usurping all my will-power and compelling me to put in an order this afternoon? Roth??

(that's the excuse I'm gonna tell the missus anyway :))
Oh, sorry. That was me! Sometimes it gets away from me. You can blame me. (Doc Shiels taught me that.)

Mark
Ah, cheers Mark!

Still, I promise not to give your name away to an angry 'er indoors except in circumstances of severe torture or the with-holding of cheese toasties. :)

Jon.
ROTH-
Can you let us know when the initial pre-order mailing is completed so we know whether it's coming or it was lost???

thanks,

Tom
Been looking forward to mine as well but hasn't arrived as yet. Hopefully, Monday.
"A passive reaction is best. Let others
Overreact while you remain calm and
Sure of the outcome.
The answers to all your questions are
Already inside you.
Inner strength and peace come with
Understanding and harmony."

- Patrick J. Tamworth
Hello boys!

I've done pre-orders on most of my products for two reasons. The first being a small company, the pre-order helps fund the large (and expensive) runs I do on a new product.

The second reason is to give those willing to wait for the pre-order 30% off the retail cost.

Relic was $80.00 shipped for the pre-order
Witches' was $55.00 shipped

The problem with Witches' was that even after the books were printed and went through the binding process, they still take an extraordinary amount of time to customize and age, resulting in an even longer wait for my customers.

I've decided that the right thing to do (as often suggested on this forum) is stop doing pre-orders. No matter how nice a discount you offer, people still don't want to wait :)

As the owner of Outlaw I will instead offer the same 30% off to the first 80 customers that order a new release from Outlaw Effects.

Now the other good news.

I'm making a huge push to get the balance of the pre-orders and new orders shipped out on Monday and tuesday of this coming week.

So thank you guys (and girls) for being patient, somewhat :)) and if you haven't recieved your book yet, the last of the pre-orders, and new orders are shipping this week.

BTW, if you're waiting for the Witch book to "be in stock" before you order, I would not wait. I would get in the queue.
These books are hand aged and customized, at this point I don't anticipate having them "sitting on a shelve" waiting to be shipped, to many orders coming in (thank you!)

Rick
Thanks Roth-

I look forward to seeing this and I appreciate your continuing service! Excellent!
[quote]
On 2007-11-23 22:27, Roth wrote:
Hello boys!

I've done pre-orders on most of my products for two reasons. The first being a small company, the pre-order helps fund the large (and expensive) runs I do on a new product.

The second reason is to give those willing to wait for the pre-order 30% off the retail cost.

Relic was $80.00 shipped for the pre-order
Witches' was $55.00 shipped

The problem with Witches' was that even after the books were printed and went through the binding process, they still take an extraordinary amount of time to customize and age, resulting in an even longer wait for my customers.

I've decided that the right thing to do (as often suggested on this forum) is stop doing pre-orders. No matter how nice a discount you offer, people still don't want to wait :)

As the owner of Outlaw I will instead offer the same 30% off to the first 80 customers that order a new release from Outlaw Effects.

Now the other good news.

I'm making a huge push to get the balance of the pre-orders and new orders shipped out on Monday and tuesday of this coming week.

So thank you guys (and girls) for being patient, somewhat :)) and if you haven't recieved your book yet, the last of the pre-orders, and new orders are shipping this week.

BTW, if you're waiting for the Witch book to "be in stock" before you order, I would not wait. I would get in the queue.
These books are hand aged and customized, at this point I don't anticipate having them "sitting on a shelve" waiting to be shipped, to many orders coming in (thank you!)

Rick
[/quote]

Relax Roth. No worries. We've been here before. You always come through. Look forward to a long and fruitful relationship.
Thanks for the response, Rick. At least we know they are coming instead of lost. That's all I needed to know.
I waved my hand over the mailbox and did not feel anything.
I may not be feeling well, but there were no Outlaw-effects products inside.
Alas, I would rather wait for an excellent effect than one rushed to market.
So bravo Rick take as long as necessary, but I can't wait!

Thanks for the great and unique products. Keep them comming!

J.Manuel
I saw a friend's of mine Almanac the other day...lovely looking thing it really is..i'll get round to getting one I'm sure...

lovely premise too...

though I cant help but sing the title to the tune by The Kinks "autumn almanac"!
Just received the Almanac. WOW, Congratulations Rick and Bill!!! You have done it again. This thing is beautiful (not that I expected any less) and the Tarot cards addition is a very nice bit also. The system is easy to use and I had it down in a couple of hours. I already have reflections so this made things easier. What I love about Outlaw's range is everything Rick produces has a sense of "Authenticity" and this is no exception. Another hidden benefit to this that people may not realise is that using this regularly will teach you how to do readings. Another prize piece from the exceptionally handsome master craftsman at Outlaw.

Thanks Rick!

Cheers,
Al
I look forward, to receive it.
don't panic Roth. everything is fine. I like more to wait a little bit for something that is worth to have- than buying many items - which I than not use because they can not hold what the sugerate. (shit - is that the right explaining?)
How did you call it "passion"?
so, still sleeping in front of the door and waiting for the postman
;-)

kindly
spinki
I am excited because Rick says my order is going out today. Can't wait!!!
Better than we imagined and we have high expectations. HOORAY FOR RICK AND BILL!!!!!!! Thank you so much. We concur with Mr. Straker's observations. Tarot row ruse rules, Rick!!

OUTLAW should be illegal because it helps so much with the PHEN jones tonight. Insert sad Smiley emoticon here.

--ccd
Phen jones huh? OUTLAW demonstrates that you can have an entire TV show doing Roth and companies effects with the amazing props and have a show 1000x better than Phenom!!!!

The Frontier of the Mind... where the Outlaws of Reason ride....

Starring MR X
"The Frontier of the Mind... where the Outlaws of Reason ride...."

Where no "magician" has gone before. ;)
Another boat load of Witch books has been going out this week. Be patient boys, they're coming.

Thank you!

Rick
I watched a Noir film last night and was inspired to take my Homicide Detective book for a ride today.

Some were spooked, intrigued ... others returned a nervous laughter....
Still sleeping in front of the door and waiting for the postman
;-)
Sleep tight, because once you get the Almanac....
Got my Almanac yesterday. Excellently aged props... clear instructions... powerful magic. Now the practice and thought.

Great job guys!

Regards, Steve
Just a sidestep,
Roth, you make a very good service job. Thanks for your support!!!
The outlaw service is outstanding. (hope that's the right word for excellent)
Does he sleep sometimes?

;-)
andreas
[quote]
On 2007-11-30 03:34, spinki wrote:
The outlaw service is outstanding. (hope that's the right word for excellent)
[/quote]
Yes!
[quote]
Does he sleep sometimes?
[/quote]
I don't think so!

I dreamt about the Almanac last night. I was holding it in my hands...
Got it and it is great!

And I really like the back story in the extensive instructions.

Nice job Outlaws, thanks again!

J.Manuel
Beautiful. Feels great in the hands!

Where did the artwork come from? It looks absolutely perfect!

I'm tempted to bring this around to the antique bookstore and demonstrate...

The methodology is very slick in my opinion, nice that my work with Reflections helps the process (although its a breeze even if you don't know Reflections. Piece of pie!)

Seriously wonderful all around.
I'm thinking this must be the effect of the year, or prop of the year, or something like that. Most beautiful. Leave this laying about and your guests will tumble automatically into "What is this???"

I've heard the term 'Grey Code' but am not sure (or have forgotten) what the term exactly refers to. Is there a term for THESE specific outlaw-esque subtle clues, methods and systems? If not, should there be? And what would the term be if such a term should exist? Seems that these are getting more and more subtle, advanced and almost 'above the physical.' They are becoming their own branch of Mentalism.

The Witches' Almanac seems to be what all the previous releases were reaching for. It seems to be a culmination of methodology. Can it get any better???

A sincere Thanks to Rick for all the worries, lost sleep, and the creativity involved with his company. Can't wait for what's next, there's a little pile of money earmarked 'Outlaw' just waiting to be spent.
Well, this is indeed fantastic and I do love it, but I'd like to say here that I still use my Homicide Book to great effect.
[quote]
On 2007-12-04 12:36, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
I'm thinking this must be the effect of the year, or prop of the year, or something like that. Most beautiful. Leave this laying about and your guests will tumble automatically into "What is this???"

I've heard the term 'Grey Code' but am not sure (or have forgotten) what the term exactly refers to. Is there a term for THESE specific outlaw-esque subtle clues, methods and systems? If not, should there be? And what would the term be if such a term should exist? Seems that these are getting more and more subtle, advanced and almost 'above the physical.' They are becoming their own branch of Mentalism.

The Witches' Almanac seems to be what all the previous releases were reaching for. It seems to be a culmination of methodology. Can it get any better???

A sincere Thanks to Rick for all the worries, lost sleep, and the creativity involved with his company. Can't wait for what's next, there's a little pile of money earmarked 'Outlaw' just waiting to be spent.
[/quote]
Wow. Thank you Tom for such wonderful words. Bill Cushman was a big part of making this book test what it is.

Yes it definitely is a work of art with an ingenious method :bat:

Thanks!

Rick and Bill
Roth, I also have to say a big thankyou, reflections has been the highlight of my nights... the audience have been going mental for this.

mescalito
Thanks to everyone for all your kind words and compliments. I'm thrilled that so many people are writing to say how much they are enjoying The Witches’ Almanac.

Working jointly with Outlaw Effects has proven quite an education; I like to call it, “The Roller Coaster Ride That is Rick Roth.” :) It has kind of been like being back in grad school!

Rick’s creativity and artistic integrity were inspirational. Never willing to settle for less, always encouraging me to take things to the next level, he brought out my best. There was a synergy between us while working on WA that was positively spooky at times.

When I finally saw the finished product, even knowing what to expect, I was stunned by the quality of Rick’s work. It is quite an experience to see something you’ve poured your blood, sweat and tears into, that for so long existed from my perspective only as bits and bytes, become a real object you can hold in your hands.

We set out to create something that would be both a brand new, powerful mentalism tool and a conversation piece that people would be drawn to look through and explore on its own merits. I believe we have succeeded.

With my every performance of WA, nuances are discovered and the uses and presentational possibilities keep evolving. Now that people are having the opportunity to discover its inner workings and put WA into action, I am eager to see the mind-blowing ideas I’m sure will be created.
Doesn't anyone realize that "Bill" is Rick's alter ego? :)
Agggh! I STILL do not have my copy - I cannot wait - Blimey Rick, I know the waiting list is huge and I got my order in late but.................
well, y'know?
Tip: The images can be used for free association that ties into the reading

Tip: The poetry can also be used to tie into relationship issues and various struggles in life

Tip: The book itself and title can be used to get some associations right off the bat to gage the frame and take you will use to get into the "sitter"'s head

Tip: Having certain charms available for "mementos" (multiple outs) and similar are great for an extra kick which allows the person to leave with something to continue the memories of the encounter

When I get some time, I will write up all the above in the Outlaw forums.
Arghh...waiting on mine to arrive.

The cauldron's bubbling over in anticipation. Would sacrificing a kitten to the Postal Gods help?

Here kitty, kitty... :evilgrin:
I received mine yesteday.....It is amazing!

Now to play and discover all the gems this book has to offer......

Aidan :)
That settles it.

The kitten's toast!

Folks, rest assured that the ONLY reason you may not have your Witches' Almanac yet is due to Rick's devotion to providing you with the highest quality product. I talk to him several times a week and he is ALWAYS working. When I call and ask what's up, I never hear, "Oh I'm hanging out with the fam." It is, "I'm aging pages, getting packages ready to ship, about to leave for the post office, etc." So trust that any time spent waiting is in your best interest. Rick is a perfectionist and that is a huge part of what makes Outlaw products so great.
[quote]
On 2007-12-06 09:25, Dr Spektor wrote:

Tip: The poetry can also be used to tie into relationship issues and various struggles in life

Tip: The book itself and title can be used to get some associations right off the bat to gage the frame and take you will use to get into the "sitter"'s head

Tip: Having certain charms available for "mementos" (multiple outs) and similar are great for an extra kick which allows the person to leave with something to continue the memories of the encounter

[/quote]

Since The Witches Almanac uses the Tarot, and the good Doc here is involved. Check out this link to Carl Jung and archetypes with the Tarot. Awesome work.
https://www.bidpay.com/MyAccount.aspx

John
[quote]
On 2007-12-06 14:26, johnjnesbit wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-12-06 09:25, Dr Spektor wrote:

[/quote]

Since The Witches Almanac uses the Tarot, and the good Doc here is involved. Check out this link to Carl Jung and archetypes with the Tarot. Awesome work.
https://www.bidpay.com/MyAccount.aspx

John
[/quote]

Wrong link?
Maybe he wants you to pay for the secret :)

Indeedy - the tarot cards are most excellent.... people can read the Invisible Tarot for some ideas too - plus an old section in Magick also had a lot of good cold spin ideas

------------------------

Did you also know that within the book, if you figure out the code - is the rituals to animate a giant stone bird?????? Hee hee (guess the reference!)
I'll be releasing the "Carny Tarot" shortly. The same cards as the Witch cards.It will be the 22 major Arcana.
These cards are hand aged, they are one way and m***ed.
Go ahead, take more of my Christmas shopping money. If this keeps up, the kids are getting nothing. They already say ROTH is a 4-letter word.
(Yes, I reminded them that so is CASH)
I am eagerly awaiting my Almanac, Scorpion, and Relic. I can't wait! Outlaw Effects is going to make me have a very Merry Christmas!

Chad
GOODY GOODY GOODY, RICK!!! We'll get our FREE MABEL CARD!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about that link. I was in a hurry earlier, didn't see what came up until now. Just got back.
Here it is. http://www.schuelers.com/chaos/chaos7.htm

Thanks for the "headsup". lol :o:
[quote]
On 2007-12-06 15:33, Roth wrote:
I'll be releasing the "Carny Tarot" shortly. The same cards as the Witch cards.It will be the 22 major Arcana.
These cards are hand aged, they are one way and m***ed.
[/quote]

Say - while you are planning that - consider an extentsion pack or gimmicked cards like the Midieval tarot wouldja....

Buy buy buy
Carny Tarot! Love it. Put me down for a set.
It's driving me crazy! I got a sneak-peek two weeks before Witch's was published... and I don't have one yet! To Jon and all those waiting- sit tight- it's WELL worth it. Rick is turning them over as fast as possible. Hey, I'm in the acknowledgments, and I don't even have one of my own, as he's prioritizing all of you guys, first. Dam* you, Rick!
No worries.

The kitten's safe (for now). :)
Dr. Spektor wrote (among other excellent suggestions):

"Tip: The images can be used for free association that ties into the reading

Tip: The poetry can also be used to tie into relationship issues and various struggles in life"

What is so wonderful about both of these tips is that they fall into the realm of
mind reading possible with The Witches' Almanac that can be done long distance.

For example, you can give someone an Almanac owner's phone number (Rick has volunteered to be available for this service 24/7 :)), leave the room and the guest could call the mage and he or she could perform, without any restriction, the above presentations. Or you could simply be resting comfortably on the other side of the room, nowhere near the WA, and do it yourself.

And Dr. Spektor points out the many, many levels at which the WA can be used. Can't wait to see your stuff on the forum Doctor!
I had to share this with you all almanac owners...Today while out I decided to take my book with me to do some readings..Our town has a Wiccan book store,he,he,..yes I took it with me and I infact showed the owner my copy I have had in my family for generations I told her...She was very impressed with the book..And then yep,you know it...I did the reading on her,wow was she freaking impressed,not to mention all the customers in the store also..I mean she was floored...I honestly was offered 200 bucks after the reading, for the book.....I said ,say what..........lol...No way...never..but I will come again and do some more readings ..she happily accepted..Roth,You have created a wonderfull product....words can't decribe the reactions I have been having with the book...hope you all enjoyed my day at the bookstore!....
Rick, I love that! I've been thinking about taking the Almanac to a nearby New Age store that carries tons of stuff related to tarot and Wicca. Now I'm really motivated.
Well I was worried at first...thought they would say get the **** out of here..but to my suprise...I was welcomed with open arms..just beware..you might get a offer to have your book bought..lol..I know ..just never sell it! on a side note to all owners,I did something cool with my book..since it was aged old so well I thought why not have a smell to it also..I got some incense matches..lit about 10 at one time..in a ashtray, then I put the book over the ashtray with the inside to the smoke.. So every page they flip they will smell it,a nice touch...The smell has lasted over 3 weeks now for me since I smoked the book.. Last week when I was doing a reading,One guy said man..this book smells like death...I just think this with the fact the pages look so old makes a nice conversation piece in itself...enjoy.....
You better not sell that book, dude! Oh, and save some of those matches for mine. Heh, heh, heh.

Mark
Got a pack waiting for ya Mark..........
Witches Almanac has already begun to bring various elements and dimensions of mentalism and psychic entertainment together in a very unique and creative application. This is definitely a new pioneering effort in the field (of mystery/psychological performing arts). I expect to see wonderfully in depth developments and presentations on this, from some of the truly great names among us in the future.

John
Plus, the book itself is creepy enough that some people get the willies just readig the cover :)

The nice thing about the backstory is that it really can be molded into a tale of mystery in that EVEN IF YOU DON'T USE ITS POWERS (i.e. effects) it is a beautiful focus for storytelling... I've had a few people to freaked out to even try touching the cards or the book after I get really going... and the one who does just helps freak everyone else out more.

Yeah, Outlaw is tops in innovation.

Oh, while you are considering making a Carny Tarot, can I add to the wishlist a Outlaw glorpy / Devil's Hank / something cool that can act as a "mat" to frame objects for the readings... that can also have worked into it all sorts of cues as well :)

Oh, you could also have some charm pendulums made (PK or not)... although the RELIC is a nice thing to use in conjunction... imagine the reading resulting in the pendulum's material being chosen at "random" by the spec... ho ho... BOR sales?!?!?
Hey Doc, consider seriously tying in the Relic back story with Witches Alamanac. While doing the readings with the Almanac. The spec can be holding the Relic in one of their hands. After, then you can revert back to why they are holding the Relic.
John
The relic also ties into classic things like finance, journies, imagination/expectations, plus has some #s on on side that can also be used....

Bt I won't be giving THAT out as a memento :)

Now, one can also tie into the SCORPION as well as there are 5 tarot cards provided with WA.... think about it....

Yep, one day I'm going to put all the OUTLAW stuff together into an act.
Message: Posted by: DeeChristopherMagic (Dec 9, 2007 08:14PM)
I've just checked out the description of the almanac - It looks absolutely awesome, I own Homicide UK and I'm really looking forward to now getting hold of a copy of this!

The huge thing is that it's great to come across a really well set out collection of props which look so great and play out even better!

Cheers Roth!

D.
[quote]
On 2007-11-19 22:50, Bill Cushman wrote:
Let's not forget Nightmare Alley!
[/quote]

If you own or perhaps are waiting to own the exceedingly brilliant Witches Almanac...Bill's tip above is real treasure in additional back story and theme.
Most of you have more than likely seen the film but if any of you have let it escape...OWN IT.

Yeah Yeah...so Bill informed me..."Every few years it gets mentioned as THE film all mentalists must see and then it fades back into obscurity. I guess with the Almanac it's time has come again! "

It's time has come.

The Great Stanton surely had the Almanac, misused it and acquired a taste for raw chicken.

http://www.amazon.com/Nightmare-Alley-Fox-Film-Noir/dp/B0007ZEO8C/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1197350353&sr=8-1

The Witches Almanac is treading close to real magic folks. It has me chanting a spell over and over in my wooden head :)
A little cheaper here:
http://search.deepdiscount.com/search?w=nightmare20%alley&af=cat1_dvds
Thans for the tip Bill, and thanks Eddie for making it blatantly clear :)

I Have let it escape me so far but I will get a copy a watch it soon......
Enough with all the high recommendations for the Almanac. Seriously, this seems like a true winner and surely on my list. Think I am going to wait till they are more readily available though. I just shelled out for Sanctum 2 since everyone gave it high marks.

AT
Alton, you didn't order this yet? This will be one item that you'll never regret - you got the Great Seal of the Dark Illumanti for a guarantee
No Bruce I will admit I slipped on this one. Sounds wonderful though. I guess I need to shoot Rick an e-mail and check on lead times.

Alton
[quote]
On 2007-12-17 08:38, AltonThrash wrote:
No Bruce I will admit I slipped on this one. Sounds wonderful though. I guess I need to shoot Rick an e-mail and check on lead times.

Alton
[/quote]

For what it's worth, I ordered mine in October and still have not received it. The mail-man has gotten tired of my waiting at the mail box and complaining...he now just tosses the mail at me while driving away at high speed. He ruined a great fruit cake today when it bounced into the driveway. Oh well,...there's always tomorrow...I keep telling myself...
[quote]
On 2007-12-17 19:06, Michael Midnight wrote:

For what it's worth, I ordered mine in October and still have not received it. The mail-man has gotten tired of my waiting at the mail box and complaining...he now just tosses the mail at me while driving away at high speed. He ruined a great fruit cake today when it bounced into the driveway. Oh well,...there's always tomorrow...I keep telling myself...
[/quote]

That's funny - the last fruitcake that fell on my driveway cracked the cement.

Terry
Prior poster wrote:
"I also have been waiting since October. I understand quality is more important than rushing them but I hope orders will be filled shortly for what seems to be an exciting product."

Ordered mine in October, too, and am looking forward to what sounds like an
exciting product.
[quote]
On 2007-12-20 02:09, mystic1 wrote:
Prior poster wrote:
"I also have been waiting since October. I understand quality is more important than rushing them but I hope orders will be filled shortly for what seems to be an exciting product."

exciting product.
[/quote]
PM me your name and I'll check for you. All of the pre-orders should have been shipped because we're shipping orders of witch books out almost everyday.

At least you got a great pre-order price $50.00 for a hand aged custom book! What was I thinking!? It should sell for at least twice that.
Of course that's no excuse for not getting your book yet.

The book takes so much work to craft each one, I've had buyers tell me I'm crazy for selling it at $80.00 we may yet have to raise the price a bit because the time involved in each unit is so substantial.

If anyone wants a status on any outlaw product just send me an email or PM me, I reply to all emails the same day.

BTW, if anyone is thinking of buying the witch book and is going to wait for the "buzz" to slow down, my advice is get your order in and get in the queue.

This is a custom crafted book. No two witches books are exactly alike and at this point there are less than 200 people in the world that own one of these books.

One more BTW: I'm working non-stop right through the holidays to keep orders going out.

Happy Holidays from Outlaw Effects!
Rick
Hey Roth, stop at 1000 and say it was a limited run ;)
Just want to report that I have received mine and it is utterly fantastic. Well worth $80 or even more. I cannot imagine anyone being disappointed with this. I, too, was somewhat frustrated with the wait, but once you see it, you will understand why it takes so long to produce these.
Yes, I think it is worth well over $80. I also agree with above post - stop at 1000 so we can say that we have the only few copies ever. I am proud to be in the first 200 people in the world. Sweet!

Chad
[quote]
On 2007-12-20 12:36, Chad C. wrote:
Yes, I think it is worth well over $80. I also agree with above post - stop at 1000 so we can say that we have the only few copies ever. I am proud to be in the first 200 people in the world. Sweet!

Chad
[/quote]
I can assure you no more than 500 people in the world will ever own this book.
[quote]
On 2007-12-20 03:47, Roth wrote:
[quote]
On 2007-12-20 02:09, mystic1 wrote:
Prior poster wrote:

exciting product.
[/quote]
PM me your name and I'll check for you. All of the pre-orders should have been shipped because we're shipping orders of witch books out almost everyday.

At least you got a great pre-order price $50.00 for a hand aged custom book! What was I thinking!? It should sell for at least twice that.
Of course that's no excuse for not getting your book yet.

The book takes so much work to craft each one, I've had buyers tell me I'm crazy for selling it at $80.00 we may yet have to raise the price a bit because the time involved in each unit is so substantial.

If anyone wants a status on any outlaw product just send me an email or PM me, I reply to all emails the same day.

BTW, if anyone is thinking of buying the witch book and is going to wait for the "buzz" to slow down, my advice is get your order in and get in the queue.

This is a custom crafted book. No two witches books are exactly alike and at this point there are less than 200 people in the world that own one of these books.

One more BTW: I'm working non-stop right through the holidays to keep orders going out.

Happy Holidays from Outlaw Effects!
Rick
[/quote]

About 18 months ago I ordered the whole Outlaw package (Sanctum, Outlaw wallet and Kioku) - the whole lot didn't arrive. (!)
I e mailed after a month and Rick shipped replacements that day, which arrived to the UK within 1 week, with plenty of emails in the that short time.
I say, his customer service is great, and it;s true -he'll get back within the day if you email him.
If only 'real life' worked like that (and if only 'real life' had the same attention to detail & quality...)
I too had a mailing that was taking a while, I pm'ed Rick and within a few minutes he had checked a tracking number, let me know where it was at and I was good to go. And lots of pm's to check on things as well!

And now I have one of only 500 copies of an old book that is more than it seems and may even have connections with a mysterious group known as Sanctum.

By the way, today I used the relic on someone other than my wife and they were floored by the routine! I then went straight into Sanctum and got a great reaction! I have now been asked to give them a date to perform at their Bar and Grill.

Great stuff, great indeed.

Chad
Not sure performing Sanctum at a Bar and Grill will work due to short attention spans, but anyway refer to Sanctum - Group Dynamics in the Outlaw forum for some group entertainment.

Outlaw Effects ... changing the landscape of mentalism ... what more can one say?
I thought I would break my vow of silence :) and use this post for something worthy . . . and the Almanac certainly fits the bill!

Having missed my opportunity with the pre-orders, I'm in the same (waiting) boat as many of you. From the looks of this thread, I'm in great company.

Those of you who know me realize that for the most part I abstain from props and marketed items in my work. For me to make an exception, the product must be absolute - The Witches Almanac fits that criteria, for me.

I've held one of these bad-girls and the work is phenomenal. I ordered one myself and have to be patient just like everyone else. I have had the pleasure of spending time with one of these books, so in my case, the waiting is easy because I know what I'm getting into. This really sucks because I know Rick and am a loyal Outlaw customer, but I also try to bribe him and butt-ahead in the que, to no avail. *** you, Rick. *** you! ;)

From my experience, I can say that this book could/would and should fetch a higher asking price. A normal book test with far less qualities and capabilities than the Almanac would demand a similar price tag, if not more. Hell, for any aged PROP of this quality I would expect and be happy to pay more. But guess what? I don't have to, I only need to wait . . .

I know Rick is up to his elbows in orders. I also know that he appreciates each and every one of those orders and the customers they come from. His un-willingness and inability to bend even a little bit says it all. He can't play favorites (not that I would be "favored", nor does he have that luxury) and all orders are first come, first serve. I know, I checked! (Over and over again!)

In the end, I'm more than happy to wait. It's not like I purchase a ton of mentalism, so when I do, I expect a top-notch product of superior quality and inner workings. I know this is what I'll get with Outlaw and their products. I'd rather it be done right and have a tool that I know I'll use; one that looks and feels and WORKS right and allows me to express myself as a performer. This book is a work of art and one that you (and I) will be proud to own and perform for years to come.

If you've not seen an Almanac yet, you're in for a surprise! When you have it, you'll know that you would have happily waited even longer than you did, had you known what you were getting. I saw a first rate performance of the "Witch Book" and the reactions said it all. This is something incredibly special, unique and POWERFUL for your audience, guests and clients. It's rare to see an effect that can have people both screaming out loud AND going deep within themselves to reflect and contemplate. It's beautiful and dynamic, exactly what I want!

To end, I don't have enough great things to say about Outlaw and RR. In an industry where fly-by-night magic dealers and hit and miss creations abound, Outlaw is a breath of fresh air.

Roth, your tools are always welcome in my arsenal. If you are reading this right now, you suck! :) Get back to work.

All the best,
Jerome Finley

P.S. If you are on the fence regarding an order, don't make the same mistake I did! I thought the rush would die down and I would grab one then . . . NOT THE CASE! I can see these being back-ordered for quite some time. Do yourself a favor and get in line now - it's worth the wait and yet you'll want to get this ASAP, naturally.

I'm going back to the quiet now and will not be posting again. It goes without saying that I do not work for Outlaw and I was not prompted in this message (If it helps to get my book out any sooner, great!). I'm a loyal, paying, WAITING customer, just like the next guy and I will share your joy when we all have our Witch-books in hand!
[quote]
On 2007-12-20 17:50, docsteve wrote:
[quote]
About 18 months ago I ordered the whole Outlaw package (Sanctum, Outlaw wallet and Kioku) - the whole lot didn't arrive. (!)
I e mailed after a month and Rick shipped replacements that day, which arrived to the UK within 1 week, with plenty of emails in the that short time.
I say, his customer service is great, and it;s true -he'll get back within the day if you email him.
If only 'real life' worked like that (and if only 'real life' had the same attention to detail & quality...)
[/quote]

I am not sure but I think there is someone intercepting packages between here and the UK. I have lost a shipment of Tarot cards from CardShark and LC's Incorruptable in the past year. Both were replaced with great customer service as well. I see you lost Outlaw products, well at least they have good taste I guess.

AT
[quote]
On 2007-12-20 18:52, ALEXANDRE wrote:
Not sure performing Sanctum at a Bar and Grill will work due to short attention spans, but anyway refer to Sanctum - Group Dynamics in the Outlaw forum for some group entertainment.

Outlaw Effects ... changing the landscape of mentalism ... what more can one say?
[/quote]

No, I will not be performing this if I end up performing there! LOL! That would be quite difficult and I'm afraid it just wouldn't work! Comedy all the way!
I think its Cri$$ and gang intercepting packages to get some original materials...

Witches Almanac is so great - as I mentioned elsewhere - its the first real strolling mentalism book I have ever used... and the reason is I feel COMPELLED to want to use this tome all the time... its so freaky awesome... even the magi brethern who know it isn't "real" examine the book and comment on the aging, look, etc... that it truly looks "real"...

Plus it works in well with a ton of other mentalism spins. This thing is can provide from 5 minutes to an hour of entertainment. I'll be using it tomorrow for a small show for some youth (they love when I use tarot card effects... zoinks)....
I too love the Witches Almanac for all of the reasons that the people here have already stated.

Yesterday, a friend of mine found it on my bookshelf and asked about it. I told him my back story for the book, how I acquired it and some of the strange properties of it as he was leafing through the book. He was so shaken that I didn$B!G(Bt even get a chance to perform with it. He just put it down and told me not to play with such things.

Great product!
Just want to let you guys know that a huge shipment of books is going out this week.
I know you boys have been waiting for your books and I'm trying to get as many out this week as I possibly can.

Have a great holiday!

Rick
I recently received my Witches' Almanac and I just feel the need to rave about it. It was definitely worth the wait. This book is a work of art. I had no idea it would be SO convincing. It's almost scary how realistic this book looks and feels - exactly as though it had been gathering dust and age under an attic floorboard for the last 70 years or so. But the realism isn't just for show - it's an important reason why this effect plays so well. The people for whom I have performed this effect have not shown the slightest sign of doubt in its authenticity. On the contrary, they have treated the book with some degree of awe, as though it were a rare and precious relic that they were worried about soiling with their fingerprints. I'm not kidding - they were actually worried about damaging it. Now just ponder that for a moment; in terms of pulling off an incredibly spooky effect, the total and utter lack of suspicion of the prop is a HUGE deal. The fact that the spectators really believe that the book they are holding in their hands is (probably) older than they are, and that it has an inherently supernatural and possibly occult-like background sets the stage for a disturbing and memorable experience they are unlikely to forget. Of course, it is up to the performer to be able to spin a convincing yarn, but the impact that the book itself has on the spectator does at least half of the work for you. The Witches' Almanac is well worth its price if only for the exquisite artistry and attention to detail alone, not to mention the brilliance behind the method. I can honestly say that the purchase of this book has delighted and satisfied me more than any other magic-related purchase I have ever made. It's THAT good!
I received my Witch Book early this morning and could not be more happy with it. I fell in love with a friends Almanac early, which is what prompted me to buy one myself. I placed my order and "took a number" so to speak . . . it was well worth the wait (as I knew it would be) and I'm even more excited about it after reading the included work and routine.

THIS IS A TRUE KNOCKOUT! I dare say this is the best marketed item I have ever purchased. I love book tests and have used MOAB and Insight to great success. The Witches Almanac will no doubt surpass them both in presentation, look and effect and for a fraction of the price. My mind is numb with all the possibilities.

Thank you Outlaw and Rick Roth for your attention to detail with your products, customer service and business ethic. It's always a pleasure doing business with you and receiving your packages. I'm definitely a fan!

All the best,
Jerome Finley
Mine is on its way!!! Cant wait!!! hope the post man does not peek at it, he already runs off my porch for fear I will cast a spell on him. OK its my dog that makes him run!!! love my Rot!
The more I use it, the more I realize how extremely powerful this tool is.

Quite frightening really.
Alex, will you be adding this to your one man show??
No. It's quite powerful and I don't want people running out of the theater.
Well, if they already paid...
The waiting is torture.........

need to meditate omm 0m oom
Hummm making them run out of the show should be an extra fee. Just use it as your closer, and I am sure the owners of the theater will be happy that you got them out on time for the next show :)
Ok, I finally got Witches today (d*#%n you, Rick, for making me wait!), and I just can't put into words how cool this effect is. I had the honor of a sneak glimpse before the artwork was finalized, so I had an idea (or so I thought) of what the final product would look like, and yet I'm speechless.

I don't know where to begin... From simple mindreading effects to drawing dupes, to in-depth readings, to remote viewing... after so many disappointing purchases this year (as usual), it's great to have one far exceed my expectations. Let's put it this way- How many ads for magic effects have promised, "The possibilities are limitless"! (translation: a one-trick pony). Well, guess what? Witches is LITERALLY the first effect I've encountered where that statement is 100% accurate. This book is as limitless as the human imagination.
I could not agree more, this book is worth every penny and more. Realy I am going to buy something ells from Outlaw because now I feel bad that I only paid what I did for this book. You can just do sooo much with this its unreal.
Grrr...

(still waiting :()
Me too. I had a pre-order that was mailed December 13 and it never got here at least not yet. Here in Canada, we have the worst postal service in the civilzed world. Anyway, Rick has graciously agreed(and has done) to send another(and we are splitting the cost of express mail). It is unlikely, I could have received this kind of service anywhere else(at least, not this quickly). Hopefully, the express item arrives this week(by Wednesday). I will post my thoughts when received. BTW, I also own several other Outlaw effects and am happy with all of them, something I cannot say for any other manufacturer/dealer. Having revamped 3 separate presentations in 07, I wil likely order very little new magic in 08 and probably only from Outlaw.
This is indeed the BEST marketed effect I have ever purchased. hands down.

Mentalists may have some explaining to do as per the "bizarre" nature of this; Bizarrists, well, we're expected to have acquired such a macabre tome...

few days ago, it caused a fella to run from my abode, down the stairs and out the door in astonishment. I watched, as he returned, disheveled, searching his mind to make sense of it all...

its pretty safe to say, us Mage are also great at torturing the feeble mind...

thanx for the Tool Roth and Bill. I shal e'er employ it to build my Temple of Mystery....

Baba
[quote]
On 2008-01-14 11:01, JonWhite wrote:
Grrr...

(still waiting :()
[/quote]

Me too :cry:
I know that Rick is under a LOT of pressure getting these things out - I can tell just how much work there is in them just from the posts here - So I says to Rick - 'No sweat man - send my mine when you have got the backlog down a bit!' Now Gableson has his - I KNOW mine is in the post (insert smiling winking face here).
I CANNOT WAIT to get it and add my review to this thread - Not that OUtlaw *need* any more good reviews! The quality of this company is also assured by the fact that Rick keeps refusing to publish the 'Subgenial BOOK of cold ReaDinG'. So this book will have to remain on the underground, and sell for several thousand dollars.
Remember to keep the window open with all those Chemicals Rick.
Some things are worth waiting for. I have several other Outlaw products and have every faith in their quality and Rick himself. I'm cool with it.
If you were really mentalists, you'd be able to track your package without usps.

ok. ill stop.

I don't blame yall for dying for this. but when it comes, and if youre asked to choose your wife or this. with, perhaps a tear in your beer, you'll have to choose this.

its just the way it is....
Having finally received Witches Almanac, I can testify that, as many have already posted, it is well worth the wait. The craftsmanship is super - well done Rick- now I know why these books took so long to age - they appear to be the genuine article - never seen aything like it. As for a mentalism effect, it is as good as you can get. I anticipate using this all the time. Method and workings are super - only a little memory work required. Now, if only I can figure a way to include Reflections(also a dandy effect) in the same presentation.......
[quote]
On 2008-01-16 09:16, aligator wrote:
Having finally received Witches Almanac, I can testify that, as many have already posted, it is well worth the wait. The craftsmanship is super - well done Rick- now I know why these books took so long to age - they appear to be the genuine article - never seen aything like it. As for a mentalism effect, it is as good as you can get. I anticipate using this all the time. Method and workings are super - only a little memory work required. Now, if only I can figure a way to include Reflections(also a dandy effect) in the same presentation.......
[/quote]

Not sure if that's a good idea!
[quote]
On 2008-01-16 16:30, Tone wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

But, IT COULD WORK! If we look at this theatrically, we see that the old Witches Almanac was in fact a precursor to "Reflections" and parapsychology studies that would be embraced many years in the future.

Reflections is very contemporary, the Almanac is quite mystical. There is definite value in both and I would be pleased to see someone successfully combine the two in one demonstration. While it does not interest me at all personally, I find it an interesting challenge all the same.

After working with the Almanac in my own performances, my original words and praise for this item should be amplified ten-fold. It happens to fit me extremely well and the experiences people have had in its presence are mind and soul altering :)

This is some serious mojo, I adore this product and cannot praise it enough. This could well be my all time favorite mentalism purchase. There is so much mileage to be had from it, so many wonderful experiences of true magick that may take place while working with it and for such a great price and quality!

Outlaw continues to out do themselves. If my audiences only knew, they would thank Rick personally.

Best,
JF
[quote]
On 2008-01-16 18:34, TT2 wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-01-16 16:30, Tone wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

But, IT COULD WORK! If we look at this theatrically, we see that the old Witches Almanac was in fact a precursor to "Reflections" and parapsychology studies that would be embraced many years in the future.

Reflections is very contemporary, the Almanac is quite mystical. There is definite value in both and I would be pleased to see someone successfully combine the two in one demonstration. While it does not interest me at all personally, I find it an interesting challenge all the same.

[/quote]

...ahhh! Nice thoughts there! Great concept, the idea of a specific "mystical" book foreshadowing a modern ESP manual! I smell conspiracy...
Ummm you could turn the tables a bit, you could say since you have what seems as a open mind after doing the WA. You could ask them if they mind if you perform a quick test on them, then out comes Reflections. I too have thought how can I incorp both of these in the same setting.
And once you have awakened their minds to their inner powers.... out comes the Homicide books.... they can project all sorts of things
Another big shipment of Witch books going out tomorrow! (I know some are still patiently waiting, they're on the way!)

Check out Jheff's new review of The Witches' Almanac on Marketplace of the Mind!

Thanks guys!

BTW, Relics are back in stock and we're shipping about 26 out tomorrow too!
Thank YOU, Rick.
We are shipping another batch this week! They're heading your way!

Thanks again
Message: Posted by: Bertrand Thornley (Jan 30, 2008 10:06PM)
Hi Roth, I was wondering; do you have these in stock or do you make them on demand? I'm considering ordering but wanted to know how long it takes to ship them. Thanks

Bert
Bertrand, I'm not sure of the whole process, but I'm fairly sure Rick does age the in small batches, but it takes a while. Regardless of the how, or the how long, it's very worth the wait. Once you see it you'll really appreciate the time and care Rick puts into his stuff. Consider this a nudge over the precipice. Just order.
[quote]
On 2008-01-30 23:06, Bertrand Thornley wrote:
Hi Roth, I was wondering; do you have these in stock or do you make them on demand? I'm considering ordering but wanted to know how long it takes to ship them. Thanks

Bert
[/quote]
We just got 50 books in from the binders. There are some orders that I'm catching up on but for the most part the book will now ship within about 6-10 days or sooner of an order.

You really need to get in the queue and order. I don't think there will be any witch books sitting on my shelve waiting for an order anytime soon. As fast as I can age them they ship.

Right now I expect any new orders to ship within 7 days.

Thanks!
Yet I've been waiting since November?

Sorry, but this really is getting frustrating. :(

(Rick, please check your emails)
[quote]
On 2008-01-31 09:06, JonWhite wrote:
Yet I've been waiting since November?

Sorry, but this really is getting frustrating. :(

(Rick, please check your emails)
[/quote]
Emailed you.
Witchcraft - myth and reality, a nice little documentary I thought some owners might enjoy...

http://www.66stage.com/documentaries.php?pl=goo&url=1169141059142117646
Seems my lengthy waiting woes are courtesy of one of our great postal services losses.

Rick's kindly getting another one tracked and out to me soon as. Great stuff.

Cheers Rick. :)
Thanks Silvertongue - looks interesting, I will watch that soon :)
It was well worth the watch, good production values, very informative--even a fleeting Sanctum reference--;.) Thanks Silvertongue
The photo's look great on this.
Quick question...

Would the WA go down well at a psychic fair?

Thanks
[quote]
On 2008-02-05 22:01, Silvertongue wrote:
Quick question...

Would the WA go down well at a psychic fair?

Thanks
[/quote]
It's up to the individual whether they would feel "right" about using this type of tool in a psychic faire setting.

I've had buyers take their Witch books into Psychic book stores and have the owners offer to buy the book on the spot.
Another large batch of freshly "brewed" Witch books went out today!

Dr. Bill and I get emails everyday from buyers that are blown away by the Almanac, and we'd like to thank you guys for taking the time to let us know how happy you are.

More books are shipping on tuesday, so if you're waiting, check your mailbox this week!

Thanks

Rick
Just thought I'd bump this as a thanks to Rick and to echo all the other posts about just how good this puppy is...

I ordered this back in the dark age of November last year but only finally got my paws on a copy a little over a week ago. It transpired that the extended delay was due to some hideous postal troll having lost/stolen/eaten the original copy Rick sent. When we figured that out, then Rick swung into action and duly got another one sent out to me as soon as he could which promptly arrived with no problem. Much kudos to Rick is due. :)

Whilst it would of course have been far nicer not to have to wait, now that I have the book it was worth it. It is a fantastic work and I can only add my vote to all the good things that've been said. Of all my Outlaw books, Reflections has been my most used. This takes the basic Reflections idea and wraps an already excelent method in magic gold. Beautifully aged, totally convincing, and as spooky and hard hitting as you want to play it. This book really is gob-smackingly good...

So as to avoid being tooo gushing however, it does have one major flaw. I am now far too attached to this thing of beauty to want to place it in the grubby, unwashed hands of a spectator. This makes for a serious problem in performance. Anyone got any ideas? :)
Wrap it in an old ratty cloth that you "found it in". ask them not to habndle it except for carfeully flipping the pages. Tell them that the pages are very brittle because they are so old. You liar, hehe. Or give them rubber gloves and tell them you have a contagious rash. I would probably go with the first one though.
I have my homicide books in plastic bags such as used for protecting evidence or comic books.

Also have some white gloves for people to wear because the books might make your hands dirty and are collectors items.

I did not come up with this presentation as a way to protect the book but as a way of conveying caution should be taken when handling them.
They become even more interesting.

Most people have seen important and fragile documents handled with white gloves on.
(I think I picked up my gloves at a pharmacy or uniform store.)

I would do the same with any of Ricks aged products.
Just to up the value of them in the audiences eyes.

Jim
I have just finished ageing mine even more. It now has a nice polished almost shiny cover - which has given it the look that its been used a thousand times. Then I went over every single page with me Mums ageing kit and now every page has a crispy and crusty old feel to it - I was a little worried about doing this to my Dekranom but the final result really does look like its really been used by a fortune teller from, shall we say, one of the less than reputable carnivals -

I would never make the Unsub wear gloves though, the tactility is part of it for me and at the moment I am ageing and distressing a piece of expensive leather to wrap it up in which I will imprint the Sanctum seal onto.

I also placed the book in the mailing envelope my Sanctum 3 came in and it has absorbed the aroma just wonderfully.

Declan Ring
Nice Ideas Jim ans Declan! Thanks.....
[quote]
On 2008-02-20 08:53, Silvertongue wrote:
I have just finished ageing mine even more. [/quote]

I have just aged mine even more than that. I will continue to age mine until I get to the point that I cannot age it even another 32 minutes. Then I will continue to age it. I was up until very late last night aging the book. The first thing I did this morning was to continue aging the book. I will continue the book aging process this evening, but not until I have aged the book even more.
[quote]
On 2008-02-20 07:53, Jim-Callahan wrote:
I have my homicide books in plastic bags such as used for protecting evidence or comic books.
[/quote]

I do this too except I have aged the bags. I mean REALLY aged them.
Rick and I get emails almost every day singing the praises of The Witches' Almanac. It is good for my soul (The one I keep in a jar on my desk) to see how much pleasure our humble efforts are bringing others. Keep up the great work and continue to let us know how WA is playing for you and any ideas you might want to share. Thanks!
I use a burlap bag, it’s aged with tea and bees wax. On the front I have a pentagram that also has the information I need on it. I then use the bag to lay the book and stones on, and a small candle just for ascetics
The bag with the book is placed in a small wooden box, aged very well. Inside the box is also another small burlap bag, with the stones I use with the book. I am waiting for the tarot cards to come out so I can complete this setup.

For now those three items give the book a very realistic feel, and I want to thank Rick for ageing mine to what I suggested, I had a friend of mine who is into antiquities try and give me a presale for it.

He said it’s out of his league. I asked him how old and he almost nailed the date in the book he was off by one year.
Alright, I am usually (mostly) not someone who praises any particular product/service to the hills, but I'll really give an exception this time....because I am so, so, so compelled to. Put it this way; I suddenly felt bringing meaning to the phrase Magicians helping Magicians....or rather Mentalists helping Mentalists...Fortune tellers helping Fortune Tellers ....: ) - Steve Brooks will be proud!

I received my Witches Almanac few days ago. I was, totally ... (considering 20 years prop-buying-experience), blown away. While good reviews of Outlaw service and props abound, that is not really it. You're getting something really out of this world in terms of quality and relevance. Its not just a magic prop...Using the term prop would be distateful actually.

Let me simplify; - Witches Almanac is

1) A reading tool. Yes, it genuinely is. You can use it to genuinely deliver a reading. In fact, when I bought it, that was my intention. An aged, rare-looking almanac that would deliver prophecies. So for those of you out there who do readings, this is a ***... MUST. It looks and feels sooooo...authentic (whatever spin you have to it)

2) A mentalism prop. To me, this is secondary although that's the way WA is marketed - its a mentalism prop. And its a *** good mentalism prop. Put simply, its a fortune telling-booktest effect...

Rick...I hope you have a limit to marketing this item....

For those of you who are considering...grab it while its still available!!!!!
[quote]
Rick...I hope you have a limit to marketing this item....

For those of you who are considering...grab it while its still available!!!!!
[/quote]
I have beged Rick for the same thing, Limit it make is speical you don't buy it your out!!!
Just got my WA last night. Just wanted to chip in that it's all that it's hyped up to be... the work that has gone into this is just amazing - method, look, concept. Nice; well worth the wait.

A little note as well... my first shipment got lost in the mail, and when notified Rick IMMEDIATELY sent out another one, tracking number and all with a personal guarantee that the 2nd shipment would get to me.

And it did. I already own Kioku, S2, Panther, Relic, Scorpion and WA. Will definitely be shopping with Outlaw again.
I have been looking at getting the Witches' Almanac from Outlaw and had a couple of quick questions. I saw people say in a couple of the reviews that it is supposed to come with some tarot cards. I was wondering if anyone could confirm this? The Outlaw website doesn't really give a list of what you get when you order it from them. Also, could someone link some pictures of what the tarot cards and maybe a page or two of the book look like? I am pretty sure that this book is perfect for my current act and a gig that I have coming up later this year, but I would love to be able to see it a little better. Also, Does anyone know if it would be possible to get a couple of names written in the book, on the last page, or inside a cover, and have them look like they were written in the book by one of the "previous" or first owner? I'm wanting to have it look like the first owner put the names in it of all the future owners, as kind of an extra little "hit" on my spectators when they are looking through the book. I suppose I could try to do it myself, but I am not sure how I could go about accomplishing that. Lastly, I was curious where all the text came from in the book? Did Roth just make it all up, or was some of it taken from various sources from the era? Or possible even from some true occult books? ;)

Thanks in advance for any help I can get,
JLJ
[quote]
On 2008-03-30 23:32, Cybersloughter wrote:
I have been looking at getting the Witches' Almanac from Outlaw and had a couple of quick questions. I saw people say in a couple of the reviews that it is supposed to come with some tarot cards. I was wondering if anyone could confirm this? The Outlaw website doesn't really give a list of what you get when you order it from them. Also, could someone link some pictures of what the tarot cards and maybe a page or two of the book look like? I am pretty sure that this book is perfect for my current act and a gig that I have coming up later this year, but I would love to be able to see it a little better. Also, Does anyone know if it would be possible to get a couple of names written in the book, on the last page, or inside a cover, and have them look like they were written in the book by one of the "previous" or first owner? I'm wanting to have it look like the first owner put the names in it of all the future owners, as kind of an extra little "hit" on my spectators when they are looking through the book. I suppose I could try to do it myself, but I am not sure how I could go about accomplishing that. Lastly, I was curious where all the text came from in the book? Did Roth just make it all up, or was some of it taken from various sources from the era? Or possible even from some true occult books? ;)

Thanks in advance for any help I can get,
JLJ
[/quote]
The book itself has a pocket in the back cover. The pocket contains 5 hand aged tarot cards.

This book is very ominous and dark looking, but is very white in content. As with all outlaw books, they allow the performer to jazz the presentation.

It is white magick not black but as I said, you make the presentation your own.

Rick
Sounds absolutely lovely and with those cards included I believe it will work perfectly with my current routines. In fact, I think I may end up reworking my whole routine if this accomplishes all of the wonderful things that it is supposed to do.

Now the hard part... Convincing the wife...

I'm looking into Sanctum 2 as well, and I saw a brief mention somewhere that there is a potential tie in for the two effects. Would Sanctum work as a good lead in to WA, or would it potentially work better to do WA first. I'm thinking of doing Sanctum and then WA...

Also, thanks for the amazingly quick response. I didn't expect to hear anything for a while on what looks to be an almost dead thread...

JLJ
I have several of the Outlaw aged books and this one is my favorite. The cards are awesome. I keep all the books in an old cigar box and treat them with a kind of casual reverence (a bit hard to describe).

The cards in the Almanac look like the Carnie Tarot cards that Rick is producing now (I presume they are similar if not the same). That just begs for a routine. I am ordering these too.

You cannot go wrong with the Almanac. Looks great, easy to use and it slays.

Bruce
I would do WA first and then Sanctum 2 which is a longer and potentially more convincing routine as the spec is "seeing". The combo would be very powerful.
Well, I've done my first performance with S2 already, and actually had a startling good go. The spec amazed himself and the 2 people watching were really baffled and intrigued. One guy didn't want to let go of the card after the routine was done.

I LOVE my WA. I am in the process of "seasoning" it with some scents to give it that truly aged look. My first performance of it will be this weekend. I plan on posting a review of the WA soon actually...

As for the length of time, S2 is very much a long performance, however I have been writing a pretty in depth routine for my WA that includes a bit of cold reading and a bit of therapy that I believe is actually going to take longer then S2. I also have a kicker extra reveal with the WA that I haven't seen anyone else mention yet...

Curse you Rick... My mind screams out, "Buy more, buy more" but my wallet screams, "Oh God it hurts..."

JLJ
I just wanted to leave a short message letting everyone know about this.

I performed my WA for my wife yesterday (Poor magician's wives, they should be renamed guinea pigs...). I added my extra kicker revelation and in general just enjoyed performing it. What I hadn't exactly planned on was how it was going to hit her. Shortly after the routine was done, she had broken down crying and had to take a xanax.

After calming her down and taking her out to eat, we had a nice talk about the effect and she summed it up by saying "It was worth every penny and more."

I love this thing,
JLJ
I feel we need to add a disclaimer like all the drug commercials on TV: "Side effects may include sudden onset of tearfulness and anxiety."
[quote]
On 2008-04-27 15:53, Cybersloughter wrote:

I performed my WA for my wife yesterday ...

After calming her down and taking her out to eat, we had a nice talk about the effect and she summed it up by saying "It was worth every penny and more."

[/quote]

Sounds like she's a keeper. ;)
Witches is my favorite ... or perhaps the one I use the most, haven't completely decided yet as I own a lot of Outlaw products.

S2, S3, S3.1, all incredible routines, that like many of Outlaw's products, go beyond average mentalism/magic. My stage show is based entirely on them.
Yeah, Rick and the Outlaw products have all been absolutely amazing and Rick's personal customer service has been abocve and beyond what anyone could ask for.

I'm only sad that I was too late to get S3 and S3.1.

JLJ
I didn't know S3.1 came out.

What's difference between S3 and S3.1??
S3.1? Did owners of S3 know about this? What did I miss?
[quote]
On 2008-05-01 01:32, cliperd wrote:
I didn't know S3.1 came out.

What's difference between S3 and S3.1??
[/quote]
I've never heard of S-3.1 I think Chris made a few alterations to his s-3 for some friends.

Ahem.. this is the Witch book thread remember? :)
Sorry, I mentioned S3.1 because of Andre mentioning it in another thread and I saw it mentioned somewhere else too. Didn't meant to derail the thread.

On a WA note, I am working on my presentation notes for how I present it with a bit of an extra kicker/revelation. I'll hopefully be putting it up in the owners forum sometime this weekend.

JLJ
Hi All

I'm new here but just recently got a copy of WA. I also ordered a few other effects like Kioku. I was really pleased by the service Rick offered and the English customs people didn't manage to squeeze me for more money!

WA is a great book and it allows me to get 'close' to my audience as a set up for other effects. I haven't used it with many people yet, but the effect has been well worth it.

A long while ago I used to teach memory courses, and it turns out they come in handy for some of the items I bought from Outlaw. So I give to you all a link to a document I wrote which is a fast guide memory course - I use this with any Outlaw effect which needs memory work. On the course it gives memorizing zodiac signs and their dates as an example.

Go to

http://www.magicfirst.co.uk

and click on Blog menu item at the top. Instructions then follow.

Peter
Peter,
Welcome! And thank you for your generosity in sharing the memory document.
Thanks, looks like a real gem.
[quote]
On 2010-08-19 18:14, Tony Razzano wrote:
Peter,
Welcome! And thank you for your generosity in sharing the memory document.
[/quote]

Thanks - let me know if it helps. I am filling up the memory slots at the moment, so sometime in the future I will release the memories for others.

Peter
http://www.magicfirst.co.uk
1- Thanks Dove, nice to share. I'm keen on memory works and even if what you propose is not new to anyone who work a bit on the subject, I find it interesting in a way : getting a 100% satisfying keyword list for the major system is not easy, and I continuously optimize my own list.Yours just give me inspiration to change some of my own keywords. Thank you very much for this unexpected support ;)

2- Concerning WA, does someone have a clue if it is going to be translated in other languages ? (French version would interest me as it is not really possible to perform with an english book here).
Thank's if U can help.

Cryder
Hey All.

I finally got my Witches Almanac from Rick at outlaw. And, one more time It's hard to find the words to describe what a class act Rick is.

What a fine piece of craftsmanship. This book is a "terrifying thing of beauty"(as Max Maven would say about the Galbraith Principle).

To call this book a "prop" would be an insult. This book could stand alone as a conversation piece, however, there is serious mentalism to be done here. I could go on about how wonderful the book is, but of equal value is the method for performing this effect. The presentational possibilities are endless.

For me, this is a closer or a stand alone effect of the highest caliber.
If you do haunted magic, dream work, memory work, thought transference or anything along these lines, this is a must purchase for you.

I am a return customer and a very satisfied one at that.

Thanks Rick,

Jorey
Roth,

I might be in the need for The Wiches Almanac for a certain event in the not too distant future, - maybe also the Hobbs Box.
Do you have these items in stock?
If not, how long time would you need to get them to me?

Sven
[quote]
On 2011-03-13 06:41, Sven Rygh wrote:
Roth,

I might be in the need for The Wiches Almanac for a certain event in the not too distant future, - maybe also the Hobbs Box.
Do you have these items in stock?
If not, how long time would you need to get them to me?

Sven
[/quote]Why not sending him an email directly ???
Afinemesh: You mangled Maven's quote.

He didn't say something was "a terrifying thing of beauty". He used the much more intelligent, interesting and articulate phrasing, "a thing of terrifying beauty."

There is a universe of difference between the two descriptions. The first quote is pedestrian and unremarkable. The second is an artful turn of phrase.
Hi All,

I was wondering if other performers refer to the WA by that name when they are using the book to perfor. A simple google search of 'Witches Almanac' by a skeptical spectator will find outlaw effects website and the book for sale. If wish the book title was Dekranom like the WA CE, but what are other peoples thoughts on this?
Actually, there is a REAL Witches Almanac, published by Llewellyn, I believe, that is published annually and is sold in the New Age sections of most larger bookstores. But I agree that it is a bad idea to give a book test the same name as the title of the book that is used. And, obviously, a performer should refrain from referring, in public, to an effect by its trade name.

Good thoughts and Welcome to the Café-

Bob
WA is a less google proof name as there are several genuine WA published. DM however links straight back to the Café when googled. But if you're not drawing too much attention to the name and the use of the book is good I doubt they'll google it.
I can't help but sing "witches almanac" to the similar sounding song by The Kinks...
I just distressed the cover of the spiral bound edition until the title was impossible read. I did the same to the title page inside(or you could just pull the page out). An easy fix, but probably a bit more work with the CE version.
I just refer to it as a "weird fortune telling book". More of novelty item than a genuine occult item. Mine however is haunted......
Thanks Bob and Joshua for the advice! Yes it is audience management and control that's key. I shall probaly just refer to WA as 'An old historical book about witches' among laymen then.
Nice idea Necroloid,may I ask what and how did you distress the title cover? Haunted you say? ;)
I just used fine sand paper and sanded down a few letters on the cover. If you were to actually read the cover, it would now read: Th* **ches Al**ana*
As for presentation, I refer to it as a fortune telling book that my great grandmother used to own. She would take the book out of her "box of things" after dinner, and the family would take turns finding their fortune. My great grandmother had a strange knack of knowing the fortunes before they were revealed to the other family members. I inherited this book and I am finding that I am gaining the same ability.
That is how I play it up. I guess possessed may be better word than haunted.
Ok fine sandpaper. Il remember that if I decide to destroy the title. and nice presentation. I don't think friends would believe that tale if I told them, so Il use the 'found it in an antique shop' ploy.
Sure, MI. Use whatever works for you. I prefer staying away from the whole "occult" or "witch" angle for this prop. I do not even mention that it is haunted or such. The specs will come to their own conclusion.
Yeah I would focus more on historical research on false and real witches at that time and make it more theoretical factual, if that makes sense. yeah the specs should come to their own conclusion from the result of the effect. Thanks again Necro
[quote]As for presentation, I refer to it as a fortune telling book that my great grandmother used to own.[/quote]

necroloid. I agree. (For me)WA works better as a folksy/white witch/fortune telling type book.

I leave a certain "other" old publication for the dark side of witchery. :devilish:
Roth rocks! :kewl:
I'd be interested in knowing the differences between Luna and WA...and if anyone does both in the same show.

David
Hey David, I ordered both already, so if youd like I can post a full review of Luna and WA here when it arrives next week.
Same as Necro, I did this to my almanac a long time ago ...

http://i1111.photobucket.com/albums/h470/dennper/IMG-20110106-00110.jpg

and I refer to mine as the 'Book of Truths'
[quote]
On 2011-09-08 00:35, Mind illusionist wrote:
Hey David, I ordered both already, so if youd like I can post a full review of Luna and WA here when it arrives next week.
[/quote]

That's very kind of you, MI!

I am completely familiar with Luna. It's one of my favorite all time effects. I am not familiar with WA.

So I am primarily interested in how they differ from each other. I'd appreciate thoughts on this very much.

David
[quote]
On 2011-09-04 08:13, necroloid wrote:
I just used fine sand paper and sanded down a few letters on the cover. If you were to actually read the cover, it would now read: Th* **ches Al**ana*
As for presentation, I refer to it as a fortune telling book that my great grandmother used to own. She would take the book out of her "box of things" after dinner, and the family would take turns finding their fortune. My great grandmother had a strange knack of knowing the fortunes before they were revealed to the other family members. I inherited this book and I am finding that I am gaining the same ability.
That is how I play it up. I guess possessed may be better word than haunted.
[/quote]

That's the solution.

I've been considering the same thing myself. I do mostly corporate shows and some members of the audience would totally freak if I pulled out anything with "Witches" anywhere on it. They'll buy a fortune telling concept though.

This is the perfect idea. Thank you.

David
If you want, a very fine grain sandpaper (180 grain)will easily sand off some of the letters from the word Dekranom from the copyright page.

To be honest we've sold this book for 3-4 years and I've never had a buyer email me to say someone "discovered" anything online.
Anyone from the UK(or anywhere I guess) should read up on the Pendle Witches and the surrounding trials. Would make a great frame for anything Witching
Cool ideas. I had my Lillian’s diary hand copied because it didn’t feel right to have a girls diary type written but in the end, I have decided, if people are looking on the internet during your show you got bigger problems.
Just a quick question is the Hardbound CE Edition the same as the original spiral bound copy? Which version do people think would play the best and finally is the hardbound version aged as per the original with the supplied tarot cards?

Sorry for all the questions.

Warmest Regards
Dr Rob.
[quote]
On 2011-09-08 19:54, DrRob wrote:
Just a quick question is the Hardbound CE Edition the same as the original spiral bound copy? Which version do people think would play the best and finally is the hardbound version aged as per the original with the supplied tarot cards?

Sorry for all the questions.

Warmest Regards
Dr Rob.
[/quote]
The Hardbound is the same book as the spiral. It is beautifully aged and does come with the 5 cards. I can't say which would play best because it is a personal preference.

We have sold more spiral.
I've owned and performed both and (IMO) it's definitely a personal preference based on your performance style. Ask yourself what is you presentation like?
WA can play many ways. Some might work better with a hard copy, some a spiral. Ultimately, you have to decide.

My 2cents,
Jorey
No problem David, perhaps if you send me your email address, I can tell you the specific differneces when I get the books. I cant wait till they arrive! and BOA as well! :D And Dennper, that's a really good title for it. I may refer to it by that title as well maybe, when I am performing
I ordered WA last night...along with The Templar.

It's been on my mind for a while now -- especially since I've started corresponding with Bill Cushman and received an off the charts endorsement PM from Jorey.

Still, I couldn't get my mind wrapped around the whole "Witches" thing. Since I do almost exclusively corporate, I had the sneaking suspicion that some segment of the audience would be just a little freaked out by the title.

Then I read what Necro and dennper had done and I smacked my forehead (just a little TOO hard) and thought "Why didn't I think of that?"

...and so begins the happy prospect of knowing there's a spiffy new prop Outlaw prop (or two) on its way. :)

David
I have just ordered this also plus Sanctum Sanctuary and Lunaire along with my Dragonfire pendulum purchased from David at magicpendulums.com I am putting together quite a good routine.

My sincere thanks to Rick for his prompt attention and kind assistance - looking forward to receiving the items.

Dr Rob.

P.s No Dragonfire as yet David :-(
It is so nice after all this time since WA's original release to read about so much interest. Yes, I'm biased but there are so many things you can do with WA that it becomes an intsrument of sorts upon which you can play many styles of music.

I look forward to reading the responses of those who've just recently ordered or received WA. For the record, I no longer have any financial interest in WA but my emotional interest is still way up there.

Enjoy folks. And don't hesitate to write me at wcushman@bellsouth.net or PM me here with any questions after receiving WA or if you are on the fence about purchasing it.
I own all the old Outlaw books and WA is still my favorite!

Thanks Bill. And (of course) Rick!
My hardest decision was which version to get but at this time cost was a factor therefore I plumpt for WA so I could get Sanctum 2 and Lunaria also, Does anyone know if owners of Sanctum 2 can still get Sanctum 3 - Sorry I know this is not related to the topic in question.

I do see the WA CE version will be a purchase later on ;-)

Looking forward to seeing and holding the precious ** Cackles with enjoyment and intrigue **

Dr Rob.
Sent you a PM, DrRob.
Although I own Luna and Witches in spiral form, I ordered another Luna in book form. If you have performed either one and get a repeat billing, having two similar bindings looks a bit suspicious. I think having a combination would definitely be a necessity if you perform both in the same show (which I would not recommend). Just my personal (paranoid) opinion.
What are your thoughts on performing WA and BOA in the same act? Id appreciate if the owners of both books gave some opinions and advice thanks!
I just say a mentalist friend of mine use it in a little back room of a Café at Edinburgh Fringe. Having done some seance work, I honestly didn't expect to get as freaked as I did. Fantastic work, I'm ordering mine soon
Also look at Darkspell RB mentalist, Such a powerful and unique book test - Limited too.

Dr Rob.

P.s This is only from the comments I have read from owners of said Black Book, I will definitely order one when finances allow - as long as there is still one of the only 100 being produced left.
My copy of WA finally arrived today and wow what a beautifully aged wonder it is.
This has been a day of weird occurrences maybe brought on by the arrival of the book...

1. Living in the U.K I regularly listen to our national radio station (BBC Radio 2) during a travel report an accident was reported outside Colney Hatch.
2. My partner had a job interview this afternoon for a Chinese man, the job entailed looking after his dogs whilst he is away, firstly she didn't hear him correctly when he gave her his address so she wrote down witch lodge by mistake but here is the most scary occurrence his dogs are called " Luna " and " Rose " !!!

I am nervous as hell, maybe I should be on the lookout for other signs.

Right back to learning more about WA.

Regards
Dr Rob.
Dr Rob that certainly sounds spooky. If only my life had more excitement in it lol. I will be posting my own review of WA shortly
I have had my WA for 2 weeks now and yesterday performed it for my friend who is a card magician. Being a skeptic he did not of course believe I had any mind reading abilities, but his reaction to the whole effect was very interesting. As I began to reveal how he was thinking of expectations in his life and the emotions he was feeling he began to act rather unsettled and when I finalyl revealed he was thinking of the word Emerald he become almost angry at me. It turns out Emerald is the name of his best friend. I then went on to reveal the picture he was looking at in the book and he continued to be even more unsettled. After the reading he told me he hated that kinda mind reading stuff and refused to have anything to do with the book. Rather interesting how much WA can affect someone, even a friend who knows you fairly well.

As others have already stated. WA looks and feels like its really antique. In terms of methodology, it is not difficult to learn but simply takes time to get the memory work done. Presentation I feel is really more important and may take more effort to perform well, however for a seasoned mentalist/bizzarist, this is no problem.

Overall this is 10/10!!! Worth every dollar. Now I just have to think of how to perform it while busking on the streets :D
Hmm...I don't know how I'd use WA if was busking either but I don't have any experience with that venue. On the docks at Key West where everyone performs before the grand finale of the sunset, many people have their own blankets spread out with what ever wares they have for sale. I've seen readers with a lot of oddities used for decoration. I guess I could see WA in that kind of format.

That is an interesting reaction that your friend had. I've seen people react that way to card tricks so I guess it is only fair!

I wonder if it would have been different if you had taken it one more step and used the Solution Oriented Mentalism approach I teach in the instructions. I've never done it any other way (though of course using standard reveals for stones, elements, pictures, etc) because it completes the mind reading on such a positive experience. Not to mention revealing things that aren't even in the book.
Thanks Dr Bill for the advice. I have reviewed my performance and decided to reveal the basic need first then ask the spec to do an emotion transfer ( experiece the feeling) the last 2 details I have decided to merge in one visualisation. I will say something like, "I see a tiger running, and suddenly there is a gust of wind and the tiger starts to almost float as the wind starts to swirl around it" does this make any sense to your reading?
Where can I find this?

I didn't see it for sale anymore on outlaw
They still seem to be a hot item & being sold thru Gemini Artifacts now, Vic has redone the WA a bit, Looks like he's sold again.
http://geminiartifacts.com/collections/book-tests/products/the-witches-almanac