(Close Window)
Topic: Help, I need more foam in my latte
I bought a case awhile back that had foam inside that could be cut out to fit props nicely.

I have since (of course) rearranged my case and now need more foam. Does anyone know the name of, or, where to get some. The stuff I have came with the case.
:question:
Typically, you can get this stuff at camera stores. Failing that, get a piece of solid foam at your local fabric shop. You'll have to cut it with a knife as opposed to the nice peel-out squares in the other stuff, but it works just as well.
greatscott is right. The solid foam works great. This allows you the freedom to design rounded compartments instead of just squarish ones.

Tip: cut it with an X-Acto knife. Use a fresh blade. Also, instead of a slicing motion (which can rip the foam instead of cutting it), use an up-and-down poking motion as you move the blade along. The same action as a sewing machine needle. You'll have much better cutting control.

Tip#2: cut a rectangular compartment but leave a flap of foam covering the top. You can store a TTip in that space and the flap covers it, hiding it from view. This means nosy waitstaff and other curious folk can peek over your shoulder into your close-up case and not get too much of an "educational" glimpse.
Great ideas I'll be making a run right after work. Thanks

That's why I love this place, You never have to reinvent the wheel. :dancing:
I know that this topic is several months old but you can also order foam at Foam Online. I believe it is http://www.foamonline.com.
If you are not sure what to order give their customer service # a call. They are usually very helpful.
Ciao,
Vinny D. :die: :magicrabbit: :die:
Another great way to cut solid foam is to use an electric carving knife. I was shown that method by a store that sells foam. It works very well. Just mark your foam, turn on the knife and follow the lines.