(Close Window)
Topic: Rattle Gimmick...
I would like a rattle gimmick, but I don't want a purse type. Sorry, but I don't look like a guy who would have a purse. :) Not saying there is anything wrong with a purse, but not for me.

I would like one where I can take out my coins and set it when ever I want it to work.

I do not want one that I can wear, not sure what options I have and I would appreciate any help.

Best,

Blade.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=778

http://www.magictricks.com/closeup/walratbx.htm

http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/full/Magic-Tricks-Magic-Books-Magic-DVDs-1-Coin-Rattle-Joe-Porper__2061.htm
Cheers there tbaer,is there anything what looks like a small coin wallet what has the rattle gimmick? Anyone know of this...

Cheers.
What else did you have in mind besides wearing it or having it in a purse? There aren't many other ways to rattle something.
Blade, what is the difference between a coin wallet and coin purse? Other than what has been mentioned, I know of nothing else!
Mick
Just wondered that's all I was keeping my optoins open lol...

I think I will go with a rattle maybe one of David Neighbors ?

sorry would love Mike Rubinstein's rattle purse but like I have said it would not look right for me.Maybe a macho thing I don't know..

Cheers guys anyway.

Best

Blade.
I asked David about his rattles awhile back and he was out but planned to get more and I asked to be put on the list! Might drop him a reminder/request! I have heard from many that his ROCKS!
Mick
He put some together again. I think David Neighbors has some now.

If you have David Roth's book, he shows you hot to make one too.
SEE THE ONE AT http://www.porperoriginals.com (David Rotdh uses it, as does R. Paul Wilson)
Thanks for the tip Michael!
There is also a gimmick called a "Coin Clink." It's a coin rattle, simply made that you wear on your wrist like a watch. I've had it for a while but remember that it was pretty cheap but did the job for the short moments that you needed it for. You might google to find it. I thought it was a pretty good value and worked pretty well I remember. :)
For what it's worth, I've used both Porper's and Neighbor's and the Neighbor's one is superior...
L. Zaslow
[quote]
On 2007-12-05 09:34, snushy wrote:
For what it's worth, I've used both Porper's and Neighbor's and the Neighbor's one is superior...
L. Zaslow
[/quote]

I have done the same and totally agree with that statement.
Hay thanks L. And Bill!
I hope to have some more ready in time to go to L.A. With me Jan.!
Bill and Smushy,

Can you elaborate as to why you think Dave's is superior? Please?

David,

When and where are you going to be in LA? I would love to get together with you at the Magic Castle.
Hey Dave, you're very welcome!

Kirk,
Dave's rattle is better IMO b/c of the quality of sound. With Porper's, the rattle doesn't sound like silver coins when silvers are in there.

Also, Porper's will only fit 2 coins. Dave's you can fit more. Obviously, two will do the trick (No Pun intended lol) but it's nice to know you can put more in to vary the sounds the gimmick puts out. Hope this helps.

-Bill
The VOX BOX is a rattle gimmick/card box that may be adapted to what you need.
Hi Krik,
I will be in L.A. On Jan. 15. On Jan.16 I will be giveing A Close-up Lecture For The orange county magic club! On Jan. 19 I will be giveing A Stand-up Lecture For Ring 96 The Long beach ring! And The Week after that I will be Tapeing some DVD's On the Super coin! For John Kenney!
David - While you are on the West Coast it would be great if you could swing up North to Portland Oregon for another visit. I really enjoyed your last lecture here. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would attend another of your lectures.
Hi Mitch,
The Only time I Have left is Jan. 25-28 my fight back to Denver is at 3:15 P.M. on Jan.28. So that would be hard! Let Me know If you could put any togeter?
Hi, Mr Neighbors
I saw your website and it said the rattle gimmick temporary out of stock.
When would it available ? I'd like to get one :)

Cheers
Andre
Hi Andre,
As I said a few post ago, I hope to have some before I go out to L.A.
Jan. 15! But thanks for asking! :)
Cheers Mr Neighbors

Andre
Your wecome, I will kep you in mine!
[quote]
On 2007-12-07 17:10, David Neighbors wrote:
Hi Mitch,
The Only time I Have left is Jan. 25-28 my fight back to Denver is at 3:15 P.M. on Jan.28. So that would be hard! Let Me know If you could put any togeter?
[/quote]
David - PMed you concerning you coming up to Portland. Hope it works out!