(Close Window)
Topic: Step right up!
Hey everyone,

I'm looking into starting this...
I want to go to a few local fairs (yes, I have talked with them already), have a stand where it's fairly busy...and every 30 minutes or 15 minutes doing the Blade Box, and then charging to come look inside. Then, all the time, having the "World's Smallest Human" inside a small tent.
My questions to you are...

Who builds Blade Boxes and World's Smallest Humans (Osborne plans)?
Have you made either of them? How hard was it?
Do you think that idea would work?
And where is the best place to go get a tent? (Obviously, it wouldn't be a huge one.)

Daniel
Welcome to the world of the Midway show.

The best way to get that stuff is to build it yourself. As far as tents go, look at different rental companies in your area...and have you thought of signage (Banners)?

Brett.
Brett, thank you for the welcome... I came to the dark side as I heard you have cookies!

I've never really been one for freaky stuff, but now I all of a sudden am. Yes, I've thought about signage. I'm now also thinking about getting a few "sideshow gaffs" to put in the tent along with the World's Smallest Girl...and making it into a mini museum of sorts.

Daniel
Well, you should talk to Mr. Doug Higley about gaffs. He can steer you in the right direction.

I have no cookies to share. They are mine, not yours, and for some reason they taste like Higley gaffs. (Don't eat it if you get one; bad idea, leads to constipation.)

Really, though, talk to Doug when it comes to gaffs.

I have TONS of stuff, and my Higley Wigglies are my favorite.

Brett.
You have TONS of stuff, eh?

Is there anywhere I can go that sells used? Or do you know anyone that has something used I may be interested in?

I'm thinking... Blade Box outside, Smallest Human, and then 3 or 4 gaffs inside the tent...

A few "oddities" I have found and like are a fetus and a pickled scorpion.

Daniel
Daniel,

From an old sideshow person, let me give some sound advice. Forget about the Blade Box for now and just go with one of Doug's Zibits. http://www.grindshow.com You aren't ready for a Blade Box and trying to find a girl willing to get in it all day in the heat.

With Doug's Zibit, all you need is an EZ up and you can run it yourself (called a singlo). You can't believe the problems you'll have when you have to hire help. Just in case your thinking...family are more problems than paid help.

Hope this helped,

Don
Don,
Yes, I know all about the family side of business. That's why I WON'T work with family.....ever.

My assistant, Robyn, would be more than willing. She's had to be in harsher conditions than the heat all day.

So are you suggesting...just buying a tent and setting it up at the fair with ONE Zibit inside? And charging so much to go in and see one thing?
Or should I have a few other things in there, as well?

Daniel
And since Don is such a modest feller, I'll say it for him. If you're looking for another excellent money-making venture, have you ever considered pitching Svengali decks? It just so happens that Mr. Driver has an excellent DVD with companion materials just for such a business.

And also, welcome to you and good luck with whatever way you decide to go. But Don is absolutely right, stick with a Higley.
Thanks, Danny.

I've been told by many how great of a pitchman Don is...
Don't want to start it here...but Don, could you PM me with a place in Canada that you can buy Svengali decks wholesale and cheap?

And I've run into numerous things... Right now I'm thinking about maybe a small part about "Big Foot", and then something regarding animals... be it two headed, etc.
Daniel,

All you need is ONE Zibit. It makes it more beliveable. Besides, it's NOT what you have on display inside that makes your money...it's the banners outside that make the money.

You said: "She's had to be in harsher conditions than the heat all day." All I can say is, I've been around Blade Boxes for many years. You have NO idea how hot it gets in that box in the heat of the day. Trust me on this one.

Here is my friend Jimmy Dixon doing the Blade Box. He has a trailer with a top and still dosen't work it in the daytime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF6RK3nPPeI

Don
It's good to have some ideas about what you want to do, but as far as Zibits, at least do yourself a favor and get Doug's book, read it..........then read it again.........then read it again........and when you can recite it, then order a Zibit from Doug if you feel it's something that you'll be able to do (the way that Doug says it). Remember the price of the book is deducted from the price of your Zibit. (I'm pretty sure that's still the deal, Doug's going to kill me if I'm wrong.)
Yup.

Single-O is the way to go.

One buck to see one strange thing they won't soon forget. It is worth it. I do it, and I make pretty good cash at flea markets.

And Svengali decks are great. I worked for a magic shop, and that was one of my jobs. I wish I made the money that they were selling for!

Another nice thing to pitch is the Magic Mouse (John Bradshaw makes them) or, the newer version, Fuzzy Worms.

Brett.
Don,

I definitely trust you on the Blade Box.

I was thinking about maybe...having a small tent with just a few Big Foot things, and then a few animal oddities.....

Comments? Things I should know? Any advice?
Brett,

So inform me on what exactly you do at flea markets?

Also...how would you show them without anyone else seeing?

Daniel
It's actually all in Doug's book:

http://grindshow.com/GrindShow/How_To_Grind_Show.html
Thanks, Danny.

So what's everyone's views on this... 2 or 3 Big Foot artifacts, and then 2 or 3 Animal Oddities all in the same tent?

Daniel
I already told you my view. Danny told you to get Doug's ebook. Brett told you what would work.

Now it's time to wake up and smell the toast burning and get Doug's ebook.

Don
Thanks, guys.

Now one last thing...tents. Where can I get one? I don't want a HUGE one...like I only need one of those small ones that you see at fairs. I think they are around 10X10.
Daniel...some of the information you ask for is not really for the public to know about...the inside operational details we try and keep to ourselves. Yes, the Café is a public forum. I would PM Brett or others for their secrets; if they want to tell you, they will. Brett is a performer who does dangerous sideshow stunts. These take LEARNING from a professional.

Numerous folks above have recommended my How-To, and I thank them for that. (And you have since asked for prices from me.) Get the How-To. It tells you all you need to know, everything to get started.

However, I hear in your 'voice' here a head full of ideas that you think might work... Might I recommend you not let them be set in stone or fly against what we have found works TODAY? You can read all the wonderful sideshow stories, or imagine all your own fantastic ideas that come as fast as you can think them...but do not dismiss what is TODAY'S answers for today's audiences... Or do dismiss them and go out and re-invent your own wheels, maybe stumbling upon something new and successful...you're young, have at it! But there is a way you can start successful and build from there, rather than let the fantasies control your path.
Also, in your own country and area is Dr. Diablo. He can set you on the right path, as well. He is a member of this Café and has a fantastic show.
Thanks, Doug.
Can someone help me find Dr. Diablo's website and/or profile?

Thanks
http://www.theparanormalshow.net

My mistake! I meant Dr. Rigamorto.

Sorry, his Carnival Diablo is the sideshow of wonders and goodies you must see:

http://www.carnivaldiablo.com/carnivaldiablo_main.html
Big Foot sounds like it's right up Doug's alley.

For real, he's got some cool stuff.
Yeah! I was doing some searching...and a page came up about him.
I contacted him about maybe making a skull.

Daniel
Great.

A Big Foot skull?! Wow, Doug, I want one!
I heard Doug is going to use John Strong as a model for the Big Foot skull.

I think Chris Christ would be better to use.
Dang it, Don! You just made me spit-take tea all over my keyboard.

(But it was worth it!)

On second thought, wouldn't he be the model for the BigFoot-in-mouth Zibit?
I could have sworn that John was used for Doug's pinhead skull model.
Let me add my endorsement for Higley's book. The methods that work are there.

Blade Boxes - if you must have one, it's not hard to build (and it's one of the few Brill plans that actually still work in the real world). I offer that plan as a PDF file at goodmagic.com, or there are plenty of other people selling copies on eBay and elsewhere.
Well, I think I'm going to have to buy his book! I'm going right now to look at Zibits again...see which one I'm most interested in.
Remember the one with the moustache is Doug, not a Zibit. :)
Says you.
LOL Thank goodness I have the Café to make me laugh.

Doug, emailed you.
Some of Doug's Zibits look as if they have mustache transplants FROM Doug. His 'stache grows fast.

The real difference is that Doug's more wrinkly. We like him anyway.

MO, after you've read his booklet, THEN ask more questions. It'll give you a much more solid base than you currently have.
Try to think outside of the box. >>>>> Think where there is a chance to make cash...then get your Zib in there.
Sure, the traditional venues and methods of presentation work, but this is the 21st Century...

This Xmas, I have a return to the Harry Potter Venue....or should I say they requested the Zib to make a return booking!
Unusual venue, yes. I would never have thought of exhibiting there...but what a scoop!!

Ken
Jeez, Ken...it's enough for a young guy these days to slow down and think in the box, much less outside the box.

As to the venue, I WANT PICTURES this time!
[quote]
On 2007-11-27 19:48, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
Brett,

So inform me on what exactly you do at flea markets?

Also...how would you show them without anyone else seeing?

Daniel
[/quote]

I display a "Strange Thing".

Read the book from Doug.
Thanks, Brett.

I got the book. Now the only problem...figuring out what is wrong, and why my computer won't let me open it!

Daniel
Hmmmm, maybe Doug will just send it as a plain ol' e-mail, if you ask him nice.
I may have to ask him to...but right now I'm still trying to get it to open PDF-form.
Get the Adobe free download.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Just UNcheck the Google Toolbar, you don't need it.

By the way, because of all the nice comments from the "boys"...I decided to send young Michael the PDF at no charge...rather than have him feel he was being pressed to buy something by EVERYBODY...haha...so now, we all have a stake in his budding march to the sea.
Haa, freakin' softy.
So how about a 50% discount, softy? lol Joking, of course.

Thanks. I'm pretty sure I had that already...maybe I didn't.

Daniel
Well, if you did have it, something is wrong, so try and download a new version I guess.

I'm not a "softy", I'm INSANE. The Wife just got a $1000 + bill for her car repair we have to pick up tomorrow. Ahhhhhhh! Even so...getting somebody off on the right step is important. Understand, Michael WAS going to send a check, but I didn't want him to feel pressured like that...on the other hand, he's asking for 50% off? A knock in the head seems in order!

:)

BTW; I try and pick my battles and campaigns...maybe all should take a look at Michael's website and the Gallery and 'Shows' links...not exactly an amateur, folks.

Nice stuff, Michael.
Hmph, it still won't let me.

I was obviously joking about the 50% off. As I know that this is a job for you, and you depend on the income from these.

Who's Michael?
Doug can't read.

I believe he thought Magical=Michael.
Maybe he was talking about MichaelMystic.
And yes, Doug, that's insane! Did the transmission go?
So, Doug, bad reading? Or relating me to Mr. Kras? If relating me to Mr. Kras...may I ask why?

Also, what did happen to your wife's car?
Naw, Doug wasn't relating you to that guy, I was just making a joke.
Haha...Daniel in my mind...Michael in the keyboard. I'll put my glasses on or get some sleep. Compared to Brett, I'm really old. Who's Mr. Kras? No, I just wasn't thinking. And yes, Brett was right, I glanced at your avatar without glasses and the glance was fleeting enough; I saw Micheal. Names mean little to me anyway...since I rarely call anybody by name other than "Yo".

Shut up.

The car is getting it's Timing stuff replaced, and a cracked axle was found as well and some other stuff. She loves the thing, or I would have deep-sixed it upon the news. She's tooling around in my Explorer SportTrac, so I need to bail her rice rocket out quickly. :)

Sorry, Daniel. DANIEL. Michael. Both Biblical...I'll take a pass.

AS to the PDF...I don't know what to tell you. It works here and elsewhere. It's in your software. I'll deal with it tomorrow. Gotta run...uh, hobble...
Doug,

Michael Kras (I can't think of any other words, but) isn't too loved here or on a few other magic forums. Search his name on this forum.

Sucks about the car! My rents just had so much wrong with their one vehicle, they bought a new one 'cause it was cheaper.

There must be something wrong with the software. No matter how hard I try, I can't get it to work. Truth of the matter is, it's probably the fact that I'm technologically retarded.
Did you attempt to RE-download a new one??? Get the latest. Dump the old one first.

Your "rents"...what your a landlord too?

Oh...and I only talk to those who are loved on this forum. :)
Doug,

Rent is a short form for parent.

I tried that.
And, oh, that's why you don't know mike!
See, Doug is a geezer. He didn't realize that 'rents is a new, hip lingo-thing, at least in America's hat (Canada).

Mr. Kras, is the Frenches kid. You've posted on that thread, Doug.
I know who he is once told you little so and so. And you didn't know "rents" either. You are disowned.
Does this mean I don't get the mouse?
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Nov 29, 2007 01:51PM)
[quote]
On 2007-11-28 20:00, Doug Higley wrote:
By the way, because of all the nice comments from the "boys"...I decided to send young Michael the PDF at no charge...rather than have him feel he was being pressed to buy something by EVERYBODY...[/quote]
Doug, with all the bickering that occasionally pervades these boards, it's people like you who make this a great place to be. :thumbsup:

Daniel,
1) Try opening a few other PDF files, if you have any. If they open fine, the ebook file may have inadvertently become corrupted. (Of course, this isn't always the best indicator of a corrupted file. Some browsers, like Safari, have been known to open some PDFs and not others.)
2) Some programs only update if you try reinstalling without a [i]complete[/i] uninstall first. The program being downloaded will check to see if you already have a version installed and, if so, it will only download the update files. This means, if one or more of the files from the older version is corrupted, the reinstall (update) won't necessarily fix the problem. I don't know if Adobe programs work this way, but I wouldn't be surprised. (Use the [i]Add or Remove Programs[/i] feature to uninstall first if using Windows.)
3) If you still can't get it to work, PM me all the conditions [any error messages, your Operating System version (Windows, Apple, etc.), browser version, etc.] and I'll try to help you troubleshoot further. I'm not promising anything, since I can't see your com, but I'll try.

BTW - Google Toolbar is one of the best add-ons ever created, IMO, especially with the included SpellCheck function. I wish everyone used it. :)
Thank you, Michael. I also don't mind resending it if other stuff fails.

Brett, if the Mouse is yours, come get it. ;) I buried it.
I'll come get it as soon as Mr. T-Ray has me come out there for the Super Freaks show.
NO! NO! I'll send it! No live contact...I'm a hermit!
Arg, still won't work. Guess I'll try to keep fiddling with the comp.
Now this is really ******* me off!

It STILL won't open...and I was really hoping to read, discuss with someone, and talk about ordering early next week.

Don't you just love tech?!
First off, Daniel...discuss with me first...I'll steer you straight. After that, you'll know what to talk to others about and how to deal with old worn out ideas as opposed to the new ways you'll learn.

I'm sending the PDF again. Do you have another eMail address????
Regarding emails...

I tried that, I emailed it to all three of my emails. None of them will let me open the file.

Daniel

Oh, and when I said "discuss with someone", I meant a business partner.
You can always cut and paste.
How am I to cut and paste, when it won't let me open it?

Daniel
You don't have to use the Adobe PDF reader (it's way too bloated in my opinion), try using Foxit's PDF reader; may work better for you.

http://www.foxitsoftware.com/pdf/rd_intro.php
Danny,

Is there any way I can download that without having to sign up for those offers?

Daniel
Try this site:

http://www.download.com/3001-2079_4-10750536.html?spi=695894dcebe02ad3b3fe074baf21a29c

Sorry about that, apparently they changed their site.
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!

It worked! Now, off to read!
Glad to be of help. Enjoy the really wise and valuable information that Doug has been kind enough to share.
It was VERY valuable.

I've read it twice now.
Now I'm trying to get my hands on a tent...looking used first.
Ebay has a huge selection of EZ Ups in various sizes, colors, with and without sidewalls, whatever your heart desires. Unless anyone else has recommendations that they can PM to you. Sometimes keeping resources private are a key in this business. (Of course if said person has a good source for tents and sends you it, they better share it with me as well or suffer my wrath.)
I'm looking for one that has 4 walls that are removable/roll up, so that if I want I can have 1, 2, 3, 4, or no walls.

Daniel
All of those options are available on there.
True, but shipping to Canada is more than what they are selling for!
Shipping is going to kill you to Canada, Daniel. If WalMart is up there, you can get one for $100 US and sides for $35 US. That's the price at my WalMart.

Don
Even on http://www.ebay.ca ? There aren't any Canadian sellers?
If not, you can always check with the mfr and see if they have any Canadian distributors.

http://www.ezup.com/
Yeah, they have Sam's Club.

But their cheapest is $149.00, so I'm looking to see if I can find anything cheaper.
With a good Zibit you'll make that back in no time, but I understand shopping around.
True, I will make that back, but I'm trying to go cheapest as possible...

Think...
$400.00 for the Zibit (including shipping)
$75.00 signs
$20-50 space rental
PLUS, how ever much the tent is...so I'm trying to shop around and get a good price on a tent.
Fortunately, this is the time of year to look for them discounted. Not many people want EZ-ups in the winter.
First...Get the Zibit. After that, everything else will fall into place.
I know of at least one successful Zibitor who works indoor venues.
You won't absolutely need a tent until spring.
Why not make money now?
Gwyd
Daniel,

Once you get the top and set up someplace, be 100% sure you have it staked down on all four corners. I stake mine down with two ropes on each corner on all four corners. I promise if you don't, you'll find it down the midway all bent up. Then if it hits somebody else's top or whatever, you are responsible for any damage it causes.

Don
Yes, Don, Doug talks about that in the book.

And Gwyd, thanks for that info. But where is there to go in the winter?

Daniel
PM'd you.
Thank you.
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Nov 30, 2007 09:34PM)
I got my EZ-Up for about $80 a couple winters ago. K-Mart was having a sale on outdoor products, furniture and the like, and they were with that stuff. It didn't come with sides, but a tarp or two works fine for me.
And, yeah, definitely make sure it's grounded. I've even tied sandbags to the corners just to be sure.
[quote]
On 2007-11-30 15:52, MagicalOdyssey wrote:
True, I will make that back, but I'm trying to go cheapest as possible...

Think...
$400.00 for the Zibit (including shipping)
$75.00 signs
$20-50 space rental
PLUS, how ever much the tent is...so I'm trying to shop around and get a good price on a tent.
[/quote]

Telling the grandkids and anybody else who will listen about your days as a Carny: PRICELESS!
Daniel...S.L.O.W. down
SAMS has plenty of deal s at various times. Keep your eye open.

$149 is a good deal. (You're probably makin' twice that first afternoon...many have tripled that or better...of course you might tank but you need good equipt. regardless. There is cheap crap opn the market. Ez-Up is well made.

Also the use of PMs to those in the know is often better than open posts.
Thanks Doug,

And yes I know there is a chance of bombing the first, second third fourth, or a lot of days. but just stick with it, is my motto,

Plus if I end up having major bad days and have to fold down, Ill still have a use for that tent...

I think I'm going to slowly get GOOD equipment, and do my first single-o show, in March..
Haha

A young Bull and an Old Bull were standing on a hill looking down at all the fine Cows. The young Bull said "Let's run down there and get one of them!"
Old Bull said, "Let's Walk down there and get ALL of 'em"
[quote]
On 2007-12-01 03:45, Doug Higley wrote:
Haha

A young Bull and an Old Bull were standing on a hill looking down at all the fine Cows. The young Bull said "Let's run down there and get one of them!"
Old Bull said, "Let's Walk down there and get ALL of 'em"
[/quote]

Nice post, Doug ...

... very apropos !!

:O)

Lovin' it,
Cap'n Mike
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ok so it says "I'm going to slowly, get good equipment, and do my first single-o show, in march.

it SHOULD say "I'm going to GO slowly, get good equipment, and do my first single-o show in march.

Or do you guys think that is still moving too fast? getting the zibit, signs, tent etc, in 4 months? and then do a show? If ya'll think it's going too fast then I'll wait a few more months.
Daniel,

When I got my Zibit I wanted to go out the next day.I'm 64 and have been a carny my entire life and I still do things in a hurry.So I for one understand where your coming from.

Why put off till tomorrow what you can screw up today.

Don

P.S. I still want to RUN down the hill and have them ALL.
Finally, someone on my boat!

I'm not the kind of person that dabbles my feet in the pool and just get wet. I'm the kind of guy that jumps right in, and learns from his mistakes.

Daniel
Just follow Doug's how-to...don't change a thing (believe me on this).

That is all you have to do...other than getting together the stuff you need all you have to understand is the psychological principle behind his approach.

Then go...
Yes Thankyou mota,

I plan on doing exactly as the how-to states, and how to do the display ,signage, etc.

Thanks

Daniel
Daniel you misunderstood. March is quite a bit slower than slow. I only meant slow down the urge to leap at the 1st 'tent' thing that shows up cheap. Take your time at THAT part and get a good one even if you have to save a bit. I've seen some real flimsy junk.

MY secret is I never had an authentic ez-up! I'm the worst when it comes to leaping all antsy and enthused so I know the consequences.
I HAD to get out there right away so I used the trunk of my car...or a camping tent...or a flimsy construction of PVC pipe and one of PVC pipe in the back of my pick Up Truck...Also some 'draped' ropes from a tree with bed sheets...a mini trailer (my favorite) and NOTHING at all. Just the box and me in a chair with a single sign. For me the ez-UP would be the Cadillac and there is no reason these days since they are inexpensive does not need to improvise.

My "ez-up" was PVC framed as a box with crappy canvas hanging all sides. I realized it looked like sh*t and the way to go was with a tight, clean set up.
I played mostly hard surface venues (parking lots) so I couldn't' drive stakes and settled for HEAVY stuff to anchor to. So my 'plan' is NOT do as I do...but it IS do as I say, like many have to much success.
Ok so I'm confused. are you saying YES get and Ez-up or NO don't get an ez-up?

Cause I was thinking of this one..

http://www.samsclub.com/shopping/navigate.do?dest=5&item=363216
Daniel,

Check this one out

http://www.amazon.com/Bravo-Marketplace-Shade-Instant-Canopy/dp/B000FCH3M6

It says free shipping but I'm not sure about Canada.

Google "instant shade canopy" and not EZ up. There are a lot of other tops that look and work like an EZ up but cheaper. They work just as good.Be sure to get one with stright legs.They make some legs that are at an angle.Not good! Most spots you rent will be 10 ft by 10 ft. and the ones that have legs on an angle will be bigger at the base than 10 ft by 10 ft.

Hope this helped...
Don
Don,

that one is like $96.00 and then like another $40.00 for the walls. so its the same price almost as that ez up .. not to mention the legs do come out on an angle
You can find them even cheaper.Just look.

Don
Exactly, but the one you gave me a linkto, the legs are angled... I was just stating that.

the ez up one that I posted a link to has straight legs.

Daniel
What are you looking at? The legs I see are straight at that link with a price from $68 to $90 and side sst from $21.

Don
Daniel...EZ-Up is a brand name. The one you are looking at at Sam's Club is an EZ-Up.

Yes that is the one I would get. How many walls does it have??
Don.. they LOOK straight.. there are a bunch of pictures about that one.. I think the third or forth, show it and they are on an angle..

Here are the spec. for the one at Sam's club.

# Sets up in seconds
# 4' long - fits in most trunks
# Ideal for commercial or recreational use (small business, craft shows, tailgate parties, picnics, camping, outdoor sporting events)
# Commercial grade DuraLast top
# Provides 99% UV protection
# Water resistant
# New seam seal water protection
# CPAI-84 fire rated top and sidewalls
# Commercial grade Aluma-Steel powder coated frame
# Lighter than comparable all-steel frame canopies
# Anti-corrosion aluminum legs
# 3-position adjustable legs
# Includes: Name banner, awning, stakes and deluxe roller bag
# 4 zippered polyester Dura-Lon sidewalls
# Middle zipper access in 1 sidewall
# Roll-up feature on all sidewalls
# No loose parts and no tools required

Just have to hope they have them at my local Sam's!
I didn't know the one at Sams came with side walls.Thyan its a good price.GET IT !

Don
I'm going to next time I'm down there. providing they have them!

Daniel
Take note >>>>> None of this type structure will stand up in wind >>>> I have lost 3 Popups over the last five years.

Ken
That's a risk, yes Ken. There are solutions though...dealing with a tight budget here and an INTRO way to get going
They may not stand up in wind, but in Dougs pdf, it explained how to make your tent stay put
Another tip...if you get some construction rebar you can take the lower legs out and put in rebar...makes the tent heavier.
"I know of at least one successful Zibitor who works indoor venues."

Gwyd... who? Me?
Yup.
Ah.

yeah, it's true. Especially at venues that don't pay all to well, I pitch the zibit for a donation of a few dollars. I works very very well.
Okay so I just realized a few things.

#1 a tent is out of my budget
#2 when I'm indoors I cant use a tent

So what if... I make a simple frame out of PVC pipe that's 9X9 ish...
and then put some white material on it(suggestion on material) and tada. Now I have three walls for when I'm outside and three for inside.

The main outdoor one I'll be doing provides cover already so all I need is the walls. Also if there is no cover and it rains.. So what! the zibit will be in a glass case! and I have an umbrella lol

so my questions are
#1 what material?
#2 what size?
#3 what height?
#4 what to use to weigh down the walls so I wont blow away.
You can use an EZ-UP 'tent' Absolutely use it.

Can't afford it? Save for it. Biz investment and something you can always use. You'll make the money bak the 1st time at if you choose a decent show.

AS to the other:
INDOORS ONLY!!!

#1 what material? Cheap plastic TARP (WHITE NOT blue, get at a Flea mkt)
#2 what size? Minimum 8x8
#3 what height? 6 1/2 clearance or for inside no roof make it at least 7 ft so no temptation to look over it.
#4 what to use to weigh down the walls so I wont blow away. YOu wont blow away indoors. Do not use PVC makeshift crap outdoors. NOT AN OPTION! Put out of your head.

No roof out doors? Are you nuts? NOT AN OPTION. Sun will KILL any potential. Needs a roof and you need an EZ-UP. It is key for you Daniel. Do you do your Sub Trunk using a paper bag instead of proper apparatus?

Enough of this. YOu need the top and the proper signage for this to work.
You can`t use a tent indoors >>>>> Oh yes you can,,,I do and it works just fine,,,so there !
Kondini...

How?
EZ-Ups have FEET and pose a wide stance. Very sturdy footprint.

Stop resisting.

You haven't been to a trade fair or the commercial building in a fair?

Seems like you are trying to fit answers to a preconcieved determination to avoid the inevitable.

Q "I want to fly."

A "Get an Airplane"

Q "But can't I use springs on my shoes? I can't afford a plane"

A "No"

"What about really big springs painted yellow and purple?"

A "Uh no...NOT AN OPTION."

Q "But...oh and uh...but...well how about...But...well, what if I..."

at this point one should use technology and go to the PMs.
NOW I understand why my spring shoes don't fly me far. They're painted the wrong color. Thanks Doug! You're a goldmine of information!

Of course tents can be set up inside. You just need the room. I've seen everything from EZ-Ups to full sized circus tents indoors...haven't worked in an EZ-Up though...yet.
Many places have a standard spot of 10 x 10 or larger. An ez-up is 10 x 10. No problem.
So, Sam's club has discontinued working with EZ UP.

so tell me .. good idea or bad..

Wait a while. and slowly gain materials. start in the spring of 09. As I will have my full liscence by then and can drive to any vending space available.

Daniel
Get your Zibit. Have all that ready first to take advantage of stuff that comes up.

PM me and tell you some stuff.
Daniel,
You better order your Zibit NOW! Doug isn't getting any younger and you never know how long the man has.
As a matter of fact,he just told me on the phone the other day he dosen't buy any green banana's anymore.

Don
"PM me and tell you some stuff"

is it just me, or is that statement confusing.
Only to those who want it to be.
PM me your Qs and thoughts...andf I'll tell you stuff as in COSULTATION.

These one liners go nowhere.
Doug won't die...

Not until I get my mouse.
Step one: buy zbit

Then worry about the steps that follow. It is a proven plan, backed up with real cash that many, many people have made with it.

Stop thinking and start acting.
Don that is an increaderble vid of your old pal, thanks.
Happy Saldust.
Mario