(Close Window)
Topic: Airplane Vanish
So heres the deal I have two years before I want to do this and I already have the permission to use a plane(Im a pilot, this was the easy part). I just want to know where I can start reading up on vanishes of large objects . So if anyone has ANY advice or knowledge on the subject it, your help would be greatly appreciated.
I think you will get the best feedback if you can give some details about where and how you will perform it.

On the tarmac? Live audience or for TV? Or both? Day or night? How far away will the audience be? On bleachers, or standing? What kind of plane? How big is it? How much time will you have with the plane to prepare? Are there budgetary concerns? Do you have access to assistants? How much room will you have to perform?

Anything you can think of to add more detail will increase your chances of a good reply.

Meanwhile you can Google for various phrases about vanishing planes or large objects, and search some online magic book stores book sections to get started.

Good luck.
Yrs, we need to know more. If it is a large 757 type plane, or a small "puddle hopper" Are there going to be people in it (just woul add for a cooler effect)
I'd say get in touch with Franz Harary. While you may get whatever info you need by resourcing books and google etc, he's the guy in the business with the most experience with these sorts of vanishes. You may be able to get him through his website..

Matt
The only problem is Franz guards his secrets for mega-illusions pretty carefully and I doubt very much that he would freely give his information over to other magicians. Franz is a good guy and a very creative thinker. You certainly can call and talk with him about it. He may not be able to tell you his own methds, but perhaps he may be able to point you in the right direction to find out more about it.

Kyle
Franz would be a great resourse, however, tough to get ahold of. I've emailed several times, but no reply. He's even from my home state of Michigan.
There was supposed to be a MEGA-Illusion conference several years ago.. Franz being one of the speakers..

There were other guys on teh list as well.. if you can find that list.. someone may be more help
Might look into useing scrim
Franz is a Great guy! I had no problem contacting him and speaking with him. He is very helpful and a great asset to the Magic community!
PM'd you
I agree, Franz is a great guy and a valuable asset to magic. I wasn't attempting to paint a grim picture of him. He's a busy man and just hard to get ahold of. My apologies if I hit a nerve Lusion.
LOL no Kevin , no nerve hit there.