(Close Window)
Topic: Joker with a blank back - where to get?
I need a joker with a blank back (Bicycle style). Must I buy an entire blank back deck just to get that single card? Any suggestions for sources for the single card? This is the kind of thing that makes me think seriously of finally learning card splitting.
While I definitely advocate learning to split cards, you may be able to take a regular joker and some acetone and rub off the ink on the back.

You need to be careful not to rub too hard, or you'll start removing the paper and you'll see dark spots where the black middler layer of the card shines through.

The acetone takes the finish off too. You'll need to use a can of spray gloss and refinish the card. It won't be USPC's finish and unfortunately you'll feel the difference.

Acetone is classified by the State of California as a substance that will cause birth defects and make you generally unhappy and a bore to be around. Take proper precautions.

If you have the stuff laying around your house, this is worth a shot. Otherwise the cost of the acetone (~$3) and the gloss (~$8) is more than a deck of blank back cards and so you're better off buying it, unless you're going to be needing tons of these cards.

George
Look on the bright side, if you buy a blank backed deck you'll have a spare because you get two. Plus you'll think of extra ideas to use the rest of the cards.
I think the best way to go is to learn card splitting. It's easy after some practice and you can do much much more with it.
Rory
Usually any dealer shop near your area can sell you single card

Cheers
Andre