(Close Window)
Topic: Egg protection!
Easter inventories are back in Dollar Tree. Stock up on plastic eggs to hold real eggs, gimmicked eggs, and other small props (thumb tip with silk etc.) while they have them.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Great idea Bob!

Mark. :thumbsup:
I've used one before to hold my eggbag egg. It's a great idea!
Bob, I saw those last night and I thought of you. LOL No kidding, I really did. I may always associate you with plastic eggs! :)

Regan
If you are paranoid about your egg bag egg, get an egg case from some place that sells camping gear.

I made a hard shell egg case, like the kind you put violins and/or guitars in, from a jumbo egg shell. I lined it with satin and put a latch and handle on it. I gave it to Johnny Thompson.
Way to go Bill!

I thought Johnny would have used a harmonica case.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Johnny went nuts when he saw this. I made it for him back in 1985.
Bill,

What is 23 years among friends? I bet that was the last thing Johnny ever expected. He certainly has a use for it.

Look here for another popular solution:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=243399&forum=54&4

Campers will know this one.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Great Idea! I still hate the fear that goes through me when I grab that egg and it is gone..to pieces. With this such fear is eliminated, and one can have more confidence in the egg act!
Warning!

This year (2009) I've noticed that Dollar Tree has an new size added to its inventory. They still carry both. However, the newest item is too small for Grade A Large eggs.

The ones I got this time that did fit have sparkles in them and are 12/$1. These are ALSO no longer available! The replacement is TOO SMALL!

Dollar Tree is no longer the answer.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
For my egg bag routine, I put the egg back in the bag, I fold it up and I put it inside a plastic drink mix container and screw on the lid. The container is velcro'd to the inside of my case. This way the egg is safely padded by the bag and the bag stays unwrinkled.
I just use to fake eggs that come with the hobson egg bag no need for real ones..
Not unless you want people to think that you're really working with a real egg.
Frank,

I think you have a point. Having eggs that don't look real is like doing dove magic with duck decoys and wondering why the audience isn't as convinced as you are.

Think of the money saved if you gave wooden candy for Valentines!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander