(Close Window)
Topic: Flipper Coin Stuff?
Hi all!

Do any of you use the, "Flipper Coin" much?

I think itís great, but havenít really developed a routine with it, but can only imagine the possibilities (coins across, even matrix applications... the list goes on...)

Please respond to what you may use it for.

Thanks,

Steve Landavazo :dance:
Get Troy Hooser's book "The Silver Surf I & II" It has great stuff on the flipper.
Thanks Bernard!

I appreciate your response!

Steve Landavazo :dance:
For info's sake.

TH's book is DesTROYers and it contains much if not all of Silver Surfer I (lecture notes).

Silver Surfer II is his new set of lecture notes. These are available free if you order the book directly from Troy.

Tom Cutts
Tom, do you have an email address or other contact details for Troy. I'm interested in getting the book.
Martino

here's Troy's e-mail

Tlh8788@aol.com
Thanks Bernard!

:bg:

Does anyone know where to get hold of UK currency flipper coins? Or even if they are available? What denomination flippers are available over in the US? :confused:
Hi Martino! Try contacting Todd Lassen for UK coins. He's considered the authority on manufacturing specific coins not generally available from anyone else. I'm told that Johnson Products sometimes does this too.

In the U.S., Kennedy half dollars are available. I don't know of any other denomination of, "Flipper" available!

I hope this helps!

P.S. If you need Todd's web site I'll be glad to look it up for you!

Steve
Someone who does quality custom coin work is "Roy Kueppers" in Canada.

He makes all sorts of gaffed coins including folding English pennys! :bigdance:

Iím not sure if he does special flipper coins, or if he has a web site. But here is his email...good luck! :nod:

roykueppers@execulink.com
Martino, try Peter Crush of Presto Magic. I think he makes a 50p flipper.

His adddress is in Dunmow, Telephone 01371 856579, e-mail trix@prestomagic.co.uk :patty:

Wallace B
The folding English pennies, are the Old big pennies no longer in circulation or the current pennies that are the same size as a US penny?

Have a magical day

Mik :¨)
Yeah, the large english pennies are no longer in circulation and haven't been for many years now. The current Penny is about the size of a US 1 cent. You want to see the 5p now. It's tiny. You american guys are so lucky. Your coins are huge compared to ours!
And so starts another case of pennies envy. :lol:
MikDB,

the folding English penny's are the big ones.

We American's like the large English penny's because their pretty much the same size as our Kennedy half's. :nod:
Tom,Tom, Tom...young man, you'll get your mouth washed out with soap!

I do a routine shown to me about 4 years ago by Woody Landers. Great routine. Uses a flipper and a shell, the shell has double stick tape in it. All you have to do is be able to sleeve the thing when finished, you have a great Hanging coins routine where the coins actually vanish at the end of the routine.

Rick
Hi Ricky, for the last coin in your routine, use Elvindís Pentium vanish. It is very clean. :nod:
Hooser certainly does seem to have done the most (largest body of) work with these. Had one a few years back; didnít feel it was any better than folding back a regular folding coin; hence did not really study, but admired the effort, Troyís material.
The Visual Coin Penetration is a good one. http://www.hanklee.org/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=2470&cat=&page=1
I would also refer the Total Destruction dvd's to get the timing on the Flipper Coin usage right. There's a wealth of material in them too.
The flipper coin is a great gimmick; I always carry it with ready to perform a three coin production. Troy Hooser produced 2 lecture notes devoted to the flipper coin, called, ďThe Silver Surf 1 and 2.Ē Garrett Thomas has also published some routines with a flipper coin in his lecture notes and on his video.
I saw Troy at the Castle last month and he was great. I have seen other works on the flipper , even the guy in the next show after Troy's, but I think Troy was better.

Rannie
Troy lectured here. I bought all his DVD's and book. There is so much stuff, it is easy to find something to fit your performance style. I did.
I bought a US Eisenhower Silver dollar flipper from SASCO. These are BIG. To me these seem more real. That is because I grew up in the 70's when these were in circulation. And most of the people I work for are about my age and can relate to them. It can start a good conversation or "patter" theme.
All of this is worth whatever price you pay for it.

ACE
Garrett Thomas uses a flipper coin and shell set in his Visible Coins Across routine. Garretts VCA is extremely technically demanding, even though it is gaffed to the hilt.

I personally use the set for my variation of Doug Brewers The Hook routine, and in my Flash Coins Revisited routine which can be seen on http://www.magicshane.com
[quote]
On 2001-10-31 01:08, Bernard Sim wrote:
Hi Ricky, for the last coin in your routine, use Elvindís Pentium vanish. It is very clean. :nod:
[/quote]

Where can Elvindís Pentium vanish be found?

Many thanks,
Glenn Godsey
[quote]
On 2001-10-29 17:00, Tom Cutts wrote:
And so starts another case of pennies envy. :lol:
[/quote]

That pretty much made my day.
I recommend the Butter coin, it comes with a DVD that teaches you really cool effects such as visibly penetrating a half dollar through a GLASS table, the butter is a flipper coin, rub-away coin, bite-out coin, and folding coin, but its much much better. highly recommended-around $30
[quote]
On 2005-07-16 00:07, magicmafia22 wrote:
I recommend the Butter coin, it comes with a DVD that teaches you really cool effects such as visibly penetrating a half dollar through a GLASS table, the butter is a flipper coin, rub-away coin, bite-out coin, and folding coin, but its much much better. highly recommended-around $30
[/quote]

I heard that quality of this varied greatly and there were some not so terrific reviews about it.
I have 37 routines With A fliper coin! 25 with A reg. fliper And 12 with A magnetic
fliper! Hopefuly I will have them in print One of these Years!:)! And Matrix with a Fliper? Yea I have 7 routines :)!

Best David Neighbors
The coinjurer
My hope would be for more magnetic flipper material and that you publish by the time I work thru "Sound Routines." Thanks.
Hi Ehands,
I will try! But it takes so long to get someone To write the stuff up!!!
( As I don't Write it up myself!) And any of the Reg. Fliper coin stuff Can be done With A Magnetic Fliper! Just not the outher way A round! Ok Thanks Man!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
[quote]
On 2005-07-26 17:51, David Neighbors wrote:
And any of the Reg. Fliper coin stuff Can be done With A Magnetic Fliper! Just not the outher way A round![/quote]

Thanks, David! I hope your creativity will focus a bit however on opening the magnetic flipper. It requires either a ferrous or another magnetic object in the hand. I am trying to use the magnetic coin Swadling that supplies, the rim of a purse, or a shimmed coin for different openings. When I am down to one coin, a vanish is the only thing left for me. I feel that opening the magnetic version deserves some special thought.
Hi EHands,
You just need one that's some what lose! Tod made mine And it pops open real easy!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
I only do one trick with the flipper as a quick opener. I show the two coins and then casually toss them into a martini glass. I then immediately empty the glass and then make the disappeared coin reappear somewhere else. Best done with your sleeves rolled up, no watch and rings. Its eye popping stuff!
The Pentium Vanish can be found in Elvind Lowig's book "Stand-up Coin Power".
[quote]
On 2010-07-26 21:00, shaneking wrote:
I only do one trick with the flipper as a quick opener. I show the two coins and then casually toss them into a martini glass. I then immediately empty the glass and then make the disappeared coin reappear somewhere else. Best done with your sleeves rolled up, no watch and rings. Its eye popping stuff!
[/quote]

Hey Shane,

what do you do with other coin?
Check out Jaxon's Flip-m-Out. It is a coins across w/the coins being put in the spectators hands; nice routining. The first few phases are also in M Power's book (I forget the name)

John
Dan Watkin's video 'Coin Man Walking' has a couple excellent routines using a flipper coin.
Nobody has mentioned it, so I will. Flipped Out by Craig Petty is a fine DVD, I think. All flipper routines using a gravity flipper.