(Close Window)
Topic: Twin City Convention?
All web sites that were advertising the Twin City Magic Convention in Bristol, VA seem to have been vacated. Does anyone know what's happening? I am graying out the reference in my Calendar of Events until I find out if it has been cancelled or not.

Thanks to anyone who knows and who can provide a web reference.
Professor Spellbinder,

The email I received 1/21/2008 from Top Hat Magic Supply (Bristol, TN) stated that the convention is June 6 and 7.

I do know that the website link had been corrupted by vandals and needed to be replaced.

Bob
I'm glad to hear it, but I also had some trouble getting into Top Hat's site. I don't know if the problem is related or not. I will take off the cancelled question mark on my calendar, but leave it grayed out until I get some official verification.
I had a great time there last year. I really hope they decide to do the convention again!
Spellbinder;

I spoke to Dave Vaught by phone on Thursday (the 25th). He assured me, also, that planning for this year's convention is ongoing. They are in negotiation with prospective talent, lecturers and dealers.

Dave had hoped that a website for the convention would be online this month. Hopefully, something will be up for us in the next week. Even if some areas are "under construction". LOL

Bill
Just some info - the domains "twincityconvention.com" and "twincitymagicconvention.com" were not hacked by vandals or anything of the likes. these domains were purchased by other people who helped with the convention, and as those people are not involved anymore (for whatever reason). They quit paying for the domain names - and the domains got resold. I know for a while "twincityconvention.com" went to an eye doctor in New York or New Jersey. Neither seem to be working now. Hopefully the guys at the convention can purchase them (or maybe they already have).

Here is some official contact info for the guys who host the convention, they're probably your best bet for information:

http://www.tophatmagicsupply.com - the magic shop that currently puts on the convention
http://www.davevaught.com - the owner of the shop
423-968-3200 - the shop's phone number

hopefully this helps.
Mike,

Thanks for the info. When I checked the link near the first of the month, it had indeed been trashed and carried you off to a juvenile site. I'm glad that it is totally off the air now. ( I hope my actions got it killed January 15th.) It was no longer even related to magic.

I just got off the phone with Wendy and learned that Dave is about as handy at websites as I am. (If they don't burn wood, I don't understand them!) They are having to get outside help getting it up and running. It is a work in process.

I'm marking my calendar to be there June 6 and 7, 2008.

Eric, I look forward to seeing you there again.

Bob
From what I understand Dan Harlan will be there... I saw Dan way back at Winter Carnival like seven or eight years ago, and he was great. I'm sure he's got some great stuff these days as well.
Great!
I am suppose to be performing there as well...and I'm greatly looking forward to it!
Well, from what I understand, KyletheGreat is just that, Great. That's what I've heard from Joseph Young anyway. I was hoping he might make the bill at TCMC, being a local performer. Unfortunately, there is a lot of tension between a lot of the local guys. I guess that is true everywhere.

Dan Harlan, Kyle Jarrard... anyone know who else will be there?
[quote]
On 2008-01-30 23:16, magicelam wrote:
Well, from what I understand, KyletheGreat is just that, Great.
[/quote]

I can vouch for that....I laughed just as hard at Kyles act as I did at Stephen Bargatze's. First class performers they are, and both true gentlemen!!!!
Kyle an stephens act are both hillarius.The last time I talked to Dave there will still be a convention if every thing goes well.I almost positive Dan harlin will for sure be there.R you lecturing Eric?I got a lot of good stuff out of your lecture.
The chances of Micheal lair being there are pretty good to.not positive though.Like the previous emails have said there has ben just a tad bit of tension between the local magicians in this area yet we all need to be mature individuals and get this convention a rollin.From what I understand that the convention will be June 5,6,7 2008 at least that is what the last years pamplet said.That is thursday,friday,and saturday.Though if those dates are wrong please correct me.Thankyou,

In Magic,
Matt Watts
I missed last years. but I'm going to make this years if it kills me. I'm glad I live so close to bristol
Keven,We are having our IBM meeting thursday.Message me on myspace if you are interested.
[quote]
On 2008-01-31 16:23, magicmatt229 wrote:
Kyle an stephens act are both hillarius.The last time I talked to Dave there will still be a convention if every thing goes well.I almost positive Dan harlin will for sure be there.R you lecturing Eric?I got a lot of good stuff out of your lecture.
Matt Watts
[/quote]

I'm glad you enjoyed the lecture Matt!!!! I'm not sure yet as to whether or not I'm going to lecture/perform this year. Mr. Vaught took my information after my lecture there back in December and suggested we talk further. I haven't heard anything from him yet, but then again, it is still pretty early and he IS a busy man....
The best thing that you can do Eric is give Dave a call. He gets really busy and sometime forgets to call people back. So I would give him a reminder call.

Andrew
[quote]
On 2008-01-30 23:16, magicelam wrote:
Well, from what I understand, KyletheGreat is just that, Great. That's what I've heard from Joseph Young anyway. I was hoping he might make the bill at TCMC, being a local performer. Unfortunately, there is a lot of tension between a lot of the local guys. I guess that is true everywhere.

Dan Harlan, Kyle Jarrard... anyone know who else will be there?
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2008-01-30 23:43, Godhandz wrote:

I can vouch for that....I laughed just as hard at Kyles act as I did at Stephen Bargatze's. First class performers they are, and both true gentlemen!!!!
[/quote]

[quote]
On 2008-01-31 16:23, magicmatt229 wrote:
The chances of Micheal lair being there are pretty good to.not positive though.Like the previous emails have said there has ben just a tad bit of tension between the local magicians in this area yet we all need to be mature individuals and get this convention a rollin.From what I understand that the convention will be June 5,6,7 2008 at least that is what the last years pamplet said.That is thursday,friday,and saturday.Though if those dates are wrong please correct me.Thankyou,

In Magic,
Matt Watts
[/quote]

Thank you guys for your kind words. I am glad you like what I do. Stephen is a friend and a huge inspiration of mine. To be compared to him really means a whole lot to me.

Joseph Young is a great guy as well. His friendship means a lot to me...that is as long as he only talks about the good things about me! Joe and I had a great time in St. Louis together. He is a great performer and a good ol' country boy like myself.

Eric, I do hope you make it out. I absolutly LOVED watching your sleights (you are one of the few that just simply flat out amaze me!) and I enjoyed talking to you.

I'm excited about this year. 3 days will make it seem a bit longer...2 just flew by WAY too fast. I love the size and intimicy of this convention.
Has anyone had any luck reaching Dave? My friend John is trying to reach him about an illusion they own together and a table of John's that Dave sold through his shop... so if any of you guys figure out a good way to reach him, please pass it a long so I can tell John!

According to John, no one is answering his e-mails or phone calls... so maybe the shop is closed for vacation or something...
I have talked with Dave and the real hangup at this point is theater for the Saturday show. The old facility had a personnel change and no notes or history on reservations. Dates/places cannot be confirmed yet.
I went by the shop for some supplies on Thur Jan 31, Dave was there and the shop is open. I wonder "WHY" Jon can't get through? As for the Saturday night show Twin Cities ran into this same problem 2 years ago, but they came through and had a good convention.
Andrew,

I agree! Facility arrangements are not new problems for any convention. Twin City gets better every year. I plan to be there.

There is also no doubt that the shop is there. The usual problem is no demonstrator is going to leave an in store customer to answer the phone. It is not a telephone business.

Dave called me back and it took him two tries!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
I don't know "WHY" John can't get through... maybe 'cause Dave owes him money ;-)! It's here nor there though, now that people are able to get through to the shop, I'll tell him to call!

I'm assuming the venue that they're having trouble securing is the Paramount... nice theater... but I've heard it's pricey... Is the venue where the convention was hosted not adequate enough for an illusion style show? I've never been there before...

I know the convention used John Battle High School a few years ago... while not as nice as the Paramount, it seemed to house the show just fine... it seemed to have plenty of seating as well.

I know massive illusions can fit in the paramount though... the first year when Dave Vaught and Company did the illusions (and not to knock anyone who has performed illusions there before, but I don't think anyone can top the first year... Dave was on...), they did a huge motorcycle production, an asrah, and plenty more... so I'm sure it'd be ideal to secure the Paramount.

Best of luck either way, I'm sure this'll be a great convention!
**********************************************************************************
Official Announcement for Twin City Magic Convention

Hi guys, OK here’s the latest.

1. We are in the process of creating a new website for the convention, when it’s up and going we'll post a link here.

2. The not so good news. We are regrettably unable to due the convention in 2008. Several events that are beyond our control have caused us to make this decision.

Were still talking to Dan Harlan, Kyle the Great, the Reed Sisters, and several others for 2009.

Were going to take advantage of the extra planning time, and hit it hard in 2009. Yes we are planning for 2009. First weekend in June, Thursday night through Saturday.

We did lose the Paramount for this year which is a large factor in our decision. Yes we had our Saturday night show at a different location 2 years ago, but we feel the Paramount is a staple of our convention. Were in discussions now about a long term contract for our convention and the use of the theater. The other places we considered are just not sufficient for our needs, or the feel of the convention.

We do apologize for any aggravation this may cause. We plan on contacting those who have attended before via email and letting them know what’s going on. We also plan on advertising in magic and the linking ring, to let everyone know.

Again Dave and I are truly sorry and saddened by not being able to do it this year, but we are shooting for an awesome convention in 2009.

If you may be interested in being a performer, lecturer, or dealer, now’s the time to contact us.

If you wish you can email me at kermitjohnson1@aol.com, as well as calling the shop.

Yes Dave has been very busy, as well as dealing with health issues in his and Wendy’s family.

Again thanks for your support, and prayers. Please keep in touch and well see you all in 2009.

**********************************************************************************

For those looking for something to do around the same time, Bob Sanders knows of a convention on South Carolina, contact him for more info.

Anyone having trouble contacting Dave may contact me at my email as well.

Thank you all and God bless.
This is not necessarily a bad thing, no convention for 2008. It can only mean an awesome convention for 2009. Best of luck guys!
This is a real let down for all involved. We had truly enjoyed the past several years of the Twin City Magic Convention. Now, though, we can save up to enjoy more in the dealers' arena. LOL

We will look forward to 2009 and move ahead.

Best wishes to the convention committee.

Bill

:pout:
Thank you all for understanding. It just feels like God's letting us know this was the right decision to make. We look forward to seeing all of you in 2009.
Kermit, I went to the Feb club meeting. the theme was mentalism. funny thing cause before I left the house I had feeling that niether you or Dave would show up. hehe I was right. gonna try and make the next one. looking forward to actually meeting you in person
I hate to see that Dave and the guys aren't putting on the convention this year. It is one of my favorite conventions each year. Oh well, I will look forward to 2009!
Hey gang I know that dave and kermit are bummed for this year I certainly know how much outside events can add up to a non convention. I had a great time down there year before last and was hoping to return this year. We wish Dave and kermit the best in getting back up and running. WE are still up and running up here if anyone needs a magic fix. Not as big as dave's event but fun just the same. I hope to see you all in 2009. bristol is one of my favorite places.
Mike Taggert
ring 50 washington dc
http://www.magi-whirl.com
Kermit, please let Dave know that Jay and I would LOVE to do next years convention. We were wondering what was going on because he had told us that he was definitely bringing us back. Anyway, I'm glad (in some sense) to know what's going on and saddened on the other hand that this terrific convention isn't going to happen this year. Please keep me posted.

Elam!!! What's up man!? Hope the new family is doing well. Give me a call. I haven't talked to you in a while. We should get me, you, and Wampler together sometime soon and hang out.

-Eaton
Time for an update I believe:

Well since our the last convention in 2007, things have changed, for the world as a whole, so for a smaller (yet loved) convention, we know its gonna take a lot from us to pull it off,so as it stands, we are in in the process of getting contracts sent out, and prepairing for something a little different in the world of conventions. I will announce more regaurding registration, schedule, etc. Just wanted to let you all know we are in the process of putting together the 2009 convention. The dates are going to be June 4-6, and will be held in the same location as the 07 convention. We have already assured the locations. If you guys know anyone interested in being a dealer, please contact me via private message.

Along with our work, we need your prayers as well..We look forward to the re-appearance of the Twin City Magic Convention.
This is GREAT news...this was a very enjoyable convention. I'm glad it's coming back!
We will announce what day we are accepting registrations by the middle of next week, we need to finish a couple things first. But as of now, here are the rates.

Magician 90
Spouse 60
12 & UP 45
12 & UNDER FREE (W/PAYING ADULT)

1 DAY PASS

Magician 50
Spouse 25
12 & up 15

But if you register on or before April 15th (Finally a reason to look forward to that day,lol), the rates will be...

Magician 70
Spouse 45
12 & up 30

Dealers can go ahead and either private message me or contact Dave at tophatmagicsupply.com or by calling 423-968-3200.

1 table = 1 table in front & a double stack behind.
2 table = 2 tables in front & a 2 double stack2 behind.

1 table rate 50
2 table rate 100

What about the competition?
We will follow the 2007 lay out, close up and stage/ adult and child all intermixed. We will have winner for close up & a winner for stage, as well as a 2nd place. The number of contestants will decide if the youth and adult are considered separate.

What do they win?

1st = 100 & award
2nd = 50 credit for use @ tophatmagicsupply.com & certificate

Awards may vary depending on the number of contestants.

As more info becomes available, I will pass it on.
Kermit, Great news!

Look forward to seeing you there.

Everybody, this has been a great convention with extremely good talent, you will find that it should be on your list of conventions to attend!
Alright..Wha Hoo...It is back.
Ok so who are we talking to?
1st off we are in the final stages of contracting, but as of right now...

Kyle Jarrard Friday night mc
Dan Harlan
Dan Sperry
Kendrick "Ice" McDonald
Matt Fore
Krystyn Lambert
Johnny "Ace" Palmer
And a couple more yet to be determined.

Now they are not all set in stone yet, but were @ 90% yes w/all the ones listed.

We do hope to confirm all by Wednesday, it’s practically a "masters of illusions" convention, considering most of them are on this seasons episodes. LOL.

So please keep the prayers coming.

Thank you to everyone.
Spread this around people. I talked to Kermit a few minutes ago and are going to need help pulling this off. We need the word of mouth. So tell everyone.The site is not lost and if all plans go as expected will be up soon. This will be a good convention but these guys do need support.

With these lecturers and performers and prices like this it will be too good to miss.

Magician 90
Spouse 60
12 & UP 45

1 DAY PASS

Magician 50
Spouse 25
12 & up 15
Hey I gotta a question. My kids have an awesome stage act that I would love to submit as an audition. Who would I send it to? Contact? etc.
Contact Dave Vaught at 423-968-3200 or http://www.tophatmagicsupply.com
He is the man with the plan...Thanks for the interest mike...

Matt

:clownonball:
I went to this in 2007 and loved it. Great presentations, top names, and small groups. A top-notch convention. Dave and Kermit do a wonderful job.
We appreciate the kind words, but this convention wouldn't be were its at if it wasn't for the help of magicians in our area. Without that help at the start, it wouldn't have been as wonderful as it has been, and is going to be. Thanks to all those in the past for their time and prayers.
Another update as promised. Kyle Jarrard is our MC for our Friday night show.
We look forward to comedic presentations. If you have not seen Kyle perform, you need to.
Well that right there is a real good start on a great convention.
I look forward to being there...we's gonna have some fun!
Congrats on getting this back up and running. Best of luck.
Is there a website for this convention?
New confirmation......Dan Harlan will be lecturing and performing for us.

We are finalizing numbers with the other entertainers as quickly as possible.

More to come.
Great news, Kermit. Sallie and I look forward to a renewed Twin City Magic Convention. We have always enjoyed attending. I'll pass this along to our local group.

Bill Houser

:yippee:
Bill its been a while since I heard from ya.Will you be at WCOM?
Ok here’s the latest...

First off... We have confirmed Johnny "Ace" Palmer, & Krystyn Lambert
Were in the final stages w/ Kendrick "Ice" McDonald & Dan Sperry and I'm awaiting response from a couple other entertainers.

As for registration, dealers, and competitions...to recap...

Magician 90
Spouse 60
12 & UP 45

1 DAY PASS

Magician 50
Spouse 25
12 & up 15

But if you register on or before April 15th (Finally a reason to look forward to that day, lol), the rates will be...

Magician 70
Spouse 45
12 & up 30

Dealers can go ahead and either private message me or contact Dave at tophatmagicsupply.com or by calling 423-968-3200.

1 table rate 50
2 table rate 100

We will follow the 2007 lay out, close up and stage/ adult and child all intermixed. We will have winner for close up & a winner for stage, as well as a 2nd place. The number of contestants will decide if the youth and adult are considered separate.

What do they win?

1st = 100 & award

But wait there’s more!

Are you feeling the economic pinch? Would you like to attend a convention, but the whole 9 yards, is just a little too much at this time?

Well were here to help. For the first time (to our knowledge) this convention will be offered as a live feed via the internet. We are in the final stages of making the arrangements to pull this off.

What are the costs?

The cost for the internet viewing is 10.00 less then the above mentioned prices. You still save by registering early as well.

What do you get?
You will be provided access info to the convention site. The camera will go on 30 min - 1 hour prior to the opening of each day and remain on until 30 min - 1 hr after the final act/lecture. You will be able to email questions for the lectures as well as order they notes or items for sell via this method as well. The feed will be copyright protected for the sake of our entertainers. (Disclaimer) anyone caught attempting to copy, recording and selling, etc. the information provided during this event will face legal action.

Now if something happens and things change for any reason regarding any part of the convention we will keep you updated.

So when/how can you register? That will be announced this Friday.
Ladies and gentlemen it is underway.
Is it true that watts will be performing in the competition?
Update: KENDRICK ICE MCDONALD is now confirmed!

We have recieved the numbers for the Internet part and it is going to be quite an investment, but as for now it is still a go.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN!!!!!

Contact Dave at http://tophatmagicsupply.com/ or send it through PayPal to e-mail

tophatmagicsupply@gmail.com

The rates are above.

DISCLAIMER: We will provide a 30 day advance notice if for any reason the convention in part or whole must be canceled, and we will refund any registrations at that time. Based on the willingness of us to give such an advanced notice, we require at least a two (2) week notice if you need to cancel your registration. If you must cancel and it is under the two (2) week period, there will be a 15% cancelation fee subtracted from the registration, unless it is due to EXTREME CIRCUMSTANCES. Each case will be looked at seperatly.
Mike, I am sure I probably will. Come see me compete at WCOM.
Thanks to those who have already registered, its nice to see interest the responcce we recieve.
I'd come see you at twin city, but its probably best I stay home ;-)
There is always the online registration Mike. Don't miss the chance to see some good lectures.
Hey,

I just shot an E-mail to Dave Vaught with some questions about the convention. In any case, I am VERY interested in coming this year. I went in 07 and had a blast.

Is there a website going up for this? I am not only trying to go but attempting to sell my parents and, as I am sure most of you know, parents need a schedule, haha

Thanks,
C
The web site is under construstion, and we hope to have a schedule ready in a week.
as of now it all starts thur night at 7:30p. an evening w/johnny ace palmer. sat and sun lectures start at 10am. doors open at 8:30 for dealers and reg both days. ill keep you all updated as we fix the schedule.
WOW! Great line you have together. I am sure this will be great.

All the best,
Ken
Awesome! I will certainly be attending. Back in 07 I was to timid to be in the late night jam sessions, but I have heard some stories and am eagerly awaiting this year :)

C
[quote]
On 2009-02-26 23:45, amazenyou wrote:
Awesome! I will certainly be attending. Back in 07 I was to timid to be in the late night jam sessions, but I have heard some stories and am eagerly awaiting this year :)

C
[/quote]

You should never be too timid to come hang out! It's all about having fun! Never be shy !
Does anyone know the website for this convention?
[quote]
On 2009-03-02 10:57, KyletheGreat wrote:
[quote]
On 2009-02-26 23:45, amazenyou wrote:

C
[/quote]

Hahaha, thanks man. I know that now, but at the time I was fairly new to the art and was surrounded by these amazing guys... I was a bit overwhelmed! haha

C

You should never be too timid to come hang out! It's all about having fun! Never be shy !
[/quote]
The website is still under construction, for more info pm me or contact dave vaught through tophatmagicsupply.com
Remember Guys, Tell everyone. They need as much support as they can get.
Amazenyou, I can tell you from experience if wanna chance to hang with the main acts this is a good convo to do so... I had the chance to learn from both darwin ortiz and Eugene burger... Tons of fun
[quote]
On 2009-03-03 16:45, magicelam wrote:
Amazenyou, I can tell you from experience if wanna chance to hang with the main acts this is a good convo to do so... I had the chance to learn from both darwin ortiz and Eugene burger... Tons of fun
[/quote]
Definitely man, I had lunch with DG at the convention in 07.

I'm looking more and more forward to this convention, haha

C
Mike id love to see you & the guys there.
Remember this one is only in a few months.You can register at http://www.tophatmagicsupply.com or by calling 423-968-3200.
What are the dates?
Matt, I sent an e-mail to Top Hat about the convention over a week ago with no response. I'd really like some more details before I spend the money and such.

C
The dates are June 4-6.

If anyone has questions, please private message me. Dave's band mate has suffered a death in the family, and his wife's relatives are coming to terms with a family member's suicide. Things are scrambled for him right now. So message me with any questions and I'll get you taken care of.
This is well worth the money trust me. The first convention I ever went to. It is small but it is very good.
Matt Watts what's up buddy, should I try to come to this convention, is there going to be a contest
Kermit,

I hope that all is well. I will be there for sure. I have never missed a TC convention and I don't plan to start now. Let me know how I can help.

Guys, Matt is right, this is a great convention. Very intimate with plenty of access to everything.

Scott
Lion this one is a legend.It is and always will be one of my favorite conventions.You need to come to this one If I have to drive to were you live and pick you up every morning.Scott I hope to see you at this at this one.There will be some great lectures and yes there will be competitions.
Well matt since you put it like that I will make an effort to attented.. and thanks for all your support at the last convention. will there be a website for this
Lion, if you come, you should compete.
Hmmm.. sounds good kyle I've been working on some new stuff maybe I could get your so wise advice once again...well I guess it's final I'm committing to the convention. If there is anyone who's traveling there and would like to share rooms please let me know.
Hey man, no prob...I'll be glad to take a look at whatever you're working with and help out in any way I can.
Be sure to register as soon as possible.You wont regret it.
Is there still no website yet?
[quote]
On 2009-03-16 23:57, hefemexy wrote:
Is there still no website yet?
[/quote]

They are having a few issues but I understand that full details will be here soon enough.

C
Magician 90
Spouse 60
12 & UP 45

1 DAY PASS

Magician 50
Spouse 25
12 & up 15

But if you register on or before April 15th (Finally a reason to look forward to that day,lol), the rates will be...

Magician 70
Spouse 45
12 & up 30

1 table rate 50
2 table rate 100

What do they win?

1st = 100 & award

Dates for convention June 4-6

we have contracts out w/ Johnny ace palmer, kendrick ice mc donald, krystyn lambert, dan harlan, and many more. we are having to contact other performers due to lack of responce from our original line up.

NOW GUYS I NEED TO BE HONEST W/YOU ALL. AS EVERYONE KNOWS THE ECONOMY IS TIGHT THIS YEAR, AND YES WE ARE TRYING TO WORK OUT AN INTERNET VIEWING, BUT NOT SURE HOW that's GONNA GO. IN THE PAST YEARS NO PROFIIT HAS BEEN MADE BY THOSE PUTTING IT ON. (THATS NOT THE REASON FOR THE CONVENTION, ITS ALWAYS BEEN ABOUT SHARING TIME AND MAGIC W/FRIENDS), BUT OUR ENTERTAINERS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN PAID, OUR BILLS FOR THE CONVENTION PAID, AND THE LOSS TAKEN BY THOSE PUTTING IT ON. THIS YEAR W/ THE ECONOMY, THE RISK IS HIGHGER. SO that's WHY FIRST OFF WE HAVE GIVEN THE PERFORMERS A 30 DAY NOTICE OF CANCEL, THIS WAY THEY HAVE TIME TO RESCHEDULE IF NEEDED. WHY AM I SHARING THIS INFO, BECAUSE WE WANT TO BE HONEST W/EVERYONE, AND THE EXPLAIN THIS REQUEST. IF YOU DO PLAN ON REGISTERING PLEASE TRY TO DO SO AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. NOT ONLY DO YOU SAVE MONEY BY REGISTERING EARLY, BUT IT GIVES US A BETTER IDEA OF WHAT TO EXPECT. YOU CAN REGISTER USING PAYPAL, SEND THE FUNDS TO .....TOPHATMAGICSUPPLY@GMAIL.COM PAYPAL REQUIRES YOU TO KNOW THE EMAIL OF THE ACCOUNT AND THIS IS IT. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PM ME, AND ILL RESPOND AS QUICKLY AS POSSIBLE.

FOR THOSE WHO CANT MAKE IT, PLEASE REMEMBER US IN YOUR PRAYERS. WE WANT TO BRING THIS CONVENTION BACK FOR EVERYONE. WE DO NOT EXPECT TO MAKE MONEY, BUT IT WOULD BE NICE TO KEEP THE LOSS TO A MINIMUM. WE APPRECIATE ALL THE SUPPORT, AND LOOK FORWARD TO ANOTHER WONDERFUL CONVENTION.

ILL BE POSTING THE NAME OF THE RECOMENDED HOTEL LATER THIS WEEK.
Hey guys, we wanting to contact baffle-o bill for possibly closing the sat night show. we havent had a responce from dan sperry yet, and we need to start looking, to be on the safe side. ive searched but cant find any info for him. if anyone out there knows where he's at or how to get ahold of him. pm me. thank you.
Kermit,

Dan is a member here and his website is [url]www.dansperry.com[/url]

Let me know how I can help.

Scott
I am still new to the magic scene, but I just wanted to say something I might not know, but sometimes a fresh look on somethings are good. I have only been to one convention, and I can say by them having a website made me feel more confident in purchasing my ticket. I am thinking about coming to this convention, mainly because a couple of people from the WCM convention who I believe in said this is a good one to attend. To be honest though if I didn't know anyone and I was just looking for a convention how would I know about it unless I saw a website, flyers, or some sort of advertising. If the convention is in June that gives about 3 months time frame and by the sound of it the act's aren't even set in stone and there's talk about cancelations. I don't know how the convention scene works and I know there's more to the behind the scene works that I can even phatom, but at the same time neither does another new person who might think about attending this or anyother convention. To sum this up I would really hope to a site or some more knowledge of this convention so when I mention it to ppl they can see for themselves instead of me trying to remember the cost and line up to tell them whose coming. Thanks to everyone for their support
[quote]
On 2009-03-17 19:21, hefemexy wrote:
I am still new to the magic scene, but I just wanted to say something I might not know, but sometimes a fresh look on somethings are good. I have only been to one convention, and I can say by them having a website made me feel more confident in purchasing my ticket. I am thinking about coming to this convention, mainly because a couple of people from the WCM convention who I believe in said this is a good one to attend. To be honest though if I didn't know anyone and I was just looking for a convention how would I know about it unless I saw a website, flyers, or some sort of advertising. If the convention is in June that gives about 3 months time frame and by the sound of it the act's aren't even set in stone and there's talk about cancelations. I don't know how the convention scene works and I know there's more to the behind the scene works that I can even phatom, but at the same time neither does another new person who might think about attending this or anyother convention. To sum this up I would really hope to a site or some more knowledge of this convention so when I mention it to ppl they can see for themselves instead of me trying to remember the cost and line up to tell them whose coming. Thanks to everyone for their support
[/quote]

I am sure there will be things set in stone soon. This is still under construction reminder.Every thing will be final and set in stone hopefully very soon.I think you will enjoy this one LION and once things get settled register to compete.You are doing real well getting started.Heck you did much better then me.LOL(you remember what happened)..You should consider registering in stage for this one.I think you will do good.
I might be interested in this

kozmo
Hmmm Matt I have stage freight lol, The effects I do wont play that well on stage...those stage guys move so fast...
I understand the hesitation when it comes to needing info. our it guy will be here thursday(thats what he tells us) we hope to have the site up by the end of the month at the latest. most conventions, your right, wouldnt publicly let people know about our cancelation policy and things of that nature, but that's part of what makes us different, we try to honest about or plans, with those interested in being a part of it.

contract to the entertainers go out next week, and yes when making the initial arrrangements, sometimes performers get better offers and we must rearrange, sometimes the "ballparked" figures are lower than what really gets arrived at and we must be delt with. also take into mind, this is only our 4th. were still a bay in the convention scene. but you can ask those who have been in past years for a newer con. we do our best to but on one woth attending, and if we cant put on one worth what you all would pay to be there, we wont do it.

just keep your eyes here as I will update regulary.
Hey Kermit... this is the fifth...

Year one - Laflin/Chapek
Year two - Ortiz/Garrett
Year three - Burger/Tudor
Year four - Garcia/Matt Watts... or maybe Miller.
[quote]
On 2009-03-18 01:21, magicelam wrote:

Year one - Laflin/Chapek
Year two - Ortiz/Garrett
[/quote]

LOL. Good one MIKE....
[quote]
On 2009-03-17 23:18, hefemexy wrote:
Hmmm Matt I have stage freight lol, The effects I do wont play that well on stage...those stage guys move so fast...
[/quote]

HAHA...you haven't seen me on stage Lion! I don't move fast at all!...you'll see if ya come lol!
Ok well I'll give it a try hey the worst I could do is come in last LOL will have to put on my knee brace hey Kyle I signed your guest book and I'm putting a website together give some advice http://www.aslansmagic.com

Not finished yet just getting ideas
[quote]
On 2009-03-18 01:21, magicelam wrote:

Year one - Laflin/Chapek
Year two - Ortiz/Garrett
[/quote]

Wasn't the first year also the year that Matt Fore performed and lectured. That was also the year that Dave presented the show at the Paramount right? And Jessica Reed and Jay Mattioli performed? Bob Bengal was also at the one that Tony Chapek performed on.

I still have an autographed program from the year Burger performed. Mandy Reed was on the bill, so that means that Shayna performed on year two.

Scott
Twin City has had some great lecturers in the past. 2007 twin city was great. Hoping 2009 will be even better.
Yeah, I lectured there at the first one. I also lectured there in '07 with Jason Wethington and both times were awesome! We had a great time and these guys can throw a great convention. Kermit, I would be more than happy to do my new lecture this year if you guys want me. And, I'll do the restaurant workers workshop again in case anyone missed it last time. Who all's in?
Hey eaton I wanted to thank you for the cabin by the way in piegon forge.. great time there and convention.
Scott, you are exactly right!

The first year was intense...

The close-up show was amazing... if you've never seen Mike Eaton, he's an innovator... Matt Fore was hilarious... Tony Chapek did his rarely performed close-up piece, which killed... and Bob Bengal is an amazing talent - we were lucky to have him.

We had two stage shows - the first was a parlor style and featured Jessica Reed, Matt Fore, and Duane Laflin - and the second was in a historic theater and featured Jay Mattioli, Tony Chapek, and Dave Vaught and Company with Laflin as the MC... I think that is everything...

while they've all been good, that first year stood out to me - we had no clue what we were doing... The convo was the summer of '04 and I booked Duane Laflin New Years Day of '03... hahaha... a lot of planning. But I felt it turned out great.

Here is to the best in '09!
Hey no problem man! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I wish I could've made it.
Here is the Twin City myspace for those who are interested.

http://www.myspace.com/twincitymagicconvention

. It will keep people updated until there is a open website. A lot of you I know have a myspaces so send a request.
Ok guys, so our i.t. guy is yet to contact us, sorry. thank matt for the myspace page. also thanks to mike eaton who will joining us again as a performer/lecturer. he and I are in contact, to work out the details.
-------------PERFORMER UPDATE------------------

Micheal Eaton
Dan Harlan
Krystyn Lambert
Kendrick Ice McDonald
The Reed Sisters
Dan Sperry
Jerry Burgess

Web site should be up soon.Very Soon.(hopefully next week)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to register contact Dave Vaught at 423-968-3200 or http://www.tophatmagicsupply.com
Register now and save.......
I think matt matt should be hired as the official spokesperson for the convention...lol...
Hes running the myspace site for us, and helping us keep you guys updated. thank you matt.
Do you need a site designed Kermit?
[quote]
On 2009-03-21 23:21, Matt Watts wrote:
-------------PERFORMER UPDATE------------------

Micheal Eaton
Dan Harlan
Krystyn Lambert
Kendrick Ice McDonald
The Reed Sisters
Dan Sperry
Jerry Burgess

Web site should be up soon.Very Soon.(hopefully next week)
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to register contact Dave Vaught at 423-968-3200 or http://www.tophatmagicsupply.com
Register now and save.......
[/quote]

Ahem...you forgot one...
Forgot one??? Oh who!!! Could it be Lance Burton!?! Or maybe Criss Angel?!? Or maybe... just maybe... KYLE JARRARD!???
Kyle who?

;)
Looks like a great line-up!

I will definatley be there!
Hey brandon how's it going. If you guys want to maybe share a room again..let me know I'll be coming also... if there's anyone from NC that may be going. send me a message
Dang I forgot Kyle. Your more of a friend to me then a performer.You come first in the line of performers on the myspace.Sorry.lol

Don't forget to register early and save.
The myspace has been updated and is almost complete. It would be greatly appriciated if you all would add it as a friend.

http://www.myspace.com/twincitymagicconvention

Thanks for all the support.

(I have had difficulty finding photos of some of our performers ex.The Reed Sisters, and Dan Harlan.If any of you would help out or know were I can find some pics it would be greatly appriciated)
Hey matt here is jessica reed site, if this is the same one..

http://www.jessicareedmagic.com/
Thanks.That will help.
[quote]
On 2009-02-26 22:45, kermitjohnson wrote:
The web site is under construstion, and we hope to have a schedule ready in a week.
as of now it all starts thur night at 7:30p. an evening w/johnny ace palmer. sat and sun lectures start at 10am. doors open at 8:30 for dealers and reg both days. ill keep you all updated as we fix the schedule.
[/quote]

Are you no longer having Johnny Ace Palmer? Didn't see him listed on the performer update.

Thanks,
Im doing great Lion.

And I am really excited about this convention. It will be my HS graduation weekend so I am sooooooo pumped up!

Will there be a contest?
Finally! A Web confirmation! I am now able to add this convention to my Calendar of Events. Next step is to verify the lecturers, but this is a good first step.
Hey Kermit,
Jessica and I will close the show for you on Saturday...LOL!
Andrew....I think they need one more Dove Act since they only have 5 booked so far. ha!
LOL...

Good point Joseph!

But on the plus side...

Every one of these dove acts is top notch!
No Dave,
Johnny Ace Palmer is no longer a performer. I am glad to see more people interested about the convention.
Yes palmer is unable to make it. we have the reed sisters doing their sister act friday night. as for doves, we only have one person scheduled to do a bird act, and that's ice. yes the others all have a wonderful bird act, but ice is our "bird man" this year. we are currently reworking the schedula and looking for an illusionist(preferable on the east coast) to close sat night.

as for performers, heres the list so far.....

kendrick "ice" mcdonald
dan harlan
krystyn lambert
jerry burgess
mike eaton
dan sperry
kyle jarrard
the reed sister
Kermit,

Why do you not ask Larry McMechan to perform Illusions since he is going to be there with his granddaughters anyway? You have hired all the sisters at each convention so it is time to hire grandpa too.
There is currently a paypal address to register with, correct? If so, how do we say what we are paying for and register for competition via that address?

C
Contact Dave Vaught @ 423-968-3200 he can help you with that I am honestly not sure.

Matt
When you pay through paypal you have the option to provide a note as to what the payment is for.
Could an arrangement not be made with Sperry to do illusions? I thought I saw videos of him performing illusions...
Dan does illusions, but I am sure that the price is different from his dove act. Dan is extremely talented and versatile.

I know an illusionist that would love to have the gig, and the price is right. He is young and up and coming. Kermit, let me know if you need some contact information for him.

Scott
Dan was polite in letting us know the cost to ship the illusions was more than he would expect us to pay. he will be doing some of his stand up stuff however. we hate that were unable to have dan as our illusionist but are still excited to have him.
Kermit,

I emailed you some info.

Scott
A few weeks left to get that discount. It really does come in handy.
I was looking into this convention, is this in twin city TN or Va I've seen ppl put both...
The state line runs right through the middle of the city ....which is why it's called the Twin City... it's Bristol TN/VA
Cool so I could be in two states at once...it's been my dream since I was a lil girl..lmao
Actually where the convention is held is on the Virginia side. Across the street is the Tennessee side. I am glad your dream since a little girl will finally come true Lion.
Hey guys. Just to let you know, I will be coming to this convention solo this time. Jason Wethington and I usually do a dual lecture but he just landed a year contract back at Disney so he will be unable to attend. However, I will be offering The Pitch workshop again this year.

If you have always wanted to perform in restaurants no matter if they are casual dining to fine dining, this course will help you in MANY ways! I am limiting it to only 25 people and it is about 90 minutes long. EVERYTHING and I mean everything will be discussed regarding working tableside. From how to choose a restaurant, to talking to the manager, to discussing fees, and working with the waitstaff. Each registrant will get a free CD titled "The Pitch" and is has 22 effective methods (tracks) on it. I will be sending Dave a banner to put on the website when it is ready.

Be on the lookout for the banner. Any questions please PM me. Thanks.
Hey guys, were really looking forward to this year, but as we all know th budget is tight, so the internet feed isn't going to be possible. the people who made the best offer havent been doing long and its not worth the risk even at their price. also word of mouth will help. but we have lost the few people who had registered. guys I'm gonna be totaly up front. we need at least 20 buy april 15th. honestly why wait when you can save by registering early. if we make that, it will get through till may, but will need to registrations coming in. our performers have been awesome and understanding with whats going on, but weve promised all of them final notice by may 6th, and we really want it to be a yes. how bad to we want it to be a yes, so much so we are discussing that if there was to be profit made, giving to a charity. guys we just want to have a nice, down home feeling convention.

if for some reason we cant, I'm just saying, we will be trying again in 2010, and we'll continue to try until things get better for everyone, and the twin city retrurns.

any word of mouth advertising would be greatlly appreciated.
Kermit I'm only saying this as my opioion and speak for no one else. I can say I am planning on coming,but one of my hesiation is that I only hear about the convention is through the Café. I've been hearing about a website for a while now and if I wasnt a Café member and I was doing a search for some magic conventions I would never have known. I've only been to two conventions and I found them by search online not by word of mouth, it may seem small but if money is being asked some ppl want reassurance. There's but so many ppl on the Café that can spread the word of mouth way. I will be traveling almost 10 hrs to come to this convention imagine how far other ppl will be traveling and if someone is coming that far they want to see images a site something.
Guys, I am telling you from my past experience this convention has had some GREAT talent. I will vouch for these guys. It's honestly probably one of the BEST little conventions I have ever been to. It's one of those conventions that you can talk to everybody and they're all nice as can be. People share, they're not rude. It's a good ol' southern hospitality atmosphere. You WILL NOT be disappointed. Let me just tell you this...when me and Jason went there a couple years ago, we went on our own dime. We broke even but MAN...we had the BEST time! Everybody was just so cool. We drove back the whole way to Florida talking about how that was probably one of the best conventions we had ever been to...and we've been to plenty!
[quote]
On 2009-04-01 02:02, eatonmagic wrote:
Guys, I am telling you from my past experience this convention has had some GREAT talent. I will vouch for these guys. It's honestly probably one of the BEST little conventions I have ever been to. It's one of those conventions that you can talk to everybody and they're all nice as can be. People share, they're not rude. It's a good ol' southern hospitality atmosphere. You WILL NOT be disappointed. Let me just tell you this...when me and Jason went there a couple years ago, we went on our own dime. We broke even but MAN...we had the BEST time! Everybody was just so cool. We drove back the whole way to Florida talking about how that was probably one of the best conventions we had ever been to...and we've been to plenty!
[/quote]

I agree! Had I not gone that same year, I wouldn't have met you, Jason, Larry, or my buddy Jason Andrews. That's 4 great people and friends I wouldn't be affiliated with had I not attended that one convention!
Don't forget if you do have a myspace be sure to add the convention as a friend.
Guys I'm pleased to announce that a dear friend, who I wont name yet, but knows who he is, has stepped us and offered to help us woth our website issues. keep us in your prayers, as we hope to have him the info by this weekend. thanks again.
and yea I will publicly thank our friend, once I know weve supplied him all he needs.
Hope to have a real web site soon. Yahoo
Wish you guys all the best and am planning to be there!
Kermit,

You know that you can count on Christian and myself, as well as a few more of the Knoxville group.

Scott
Man here we go again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
we will be there!!!!!!
last time was off the chain.......
Elizabeth and I are excited.....
2 hrs sleep and Ihop here we come

Sebashtion H.
2 Hours sleep and IHOP is just another day to magicians.

I am glad to see a lot of people interested in the convention and I would like to thank you all for your support.I hope this will be the best TCMC so far.It is only possible from all of your support.We are going to have a great line up and a great time and we have some amazing performers.This is and will always be my favorite convention.So guys if you have never been before you don't want to miss this.
I have never been to a convention before and am trying to book a hotel room. Where is the convention being held-to avoid staying too far away?
I think it is in the shopping mall in Bristol, VA. They have a small stage there. If that is the case I believe the hotel across from the mall is the Ramada Inn. Either way, the VA side of Bristol is small, so even if you stay at the Holiday Inn on exit seven, you're just a six mile shot down the interstate back to the convention.
I don't understand are you saying the convention is in the shopping mall?
Yes but off to a private area.In a little country town like this (Bristol is the birthplace of country music) we have a large private room in our local mall with a little stage in it.It is were bands get together to entertain the hillbilly's around here.lol.
Fire n Magic

This is a great convention to go to. Where in Birmingham do you stay? I'm from Birmingham also.

Barney
Yeah, it's in a shopping mall... the mall doesn't really get much business, so it's not like you have people gawking - it's fairly private... the stage used to be open to the mall, but it isn't anymore. There is also a Chick-fil-a in the mall, and they'll be rolling out a peach milkshake for the summer... so magic and peach milkshakes??? and one of the last existing No Fear stores in existance? (Surely you guys remember No Fear!)

Fun Times.
Yeah, but don't let it fool you. It's actually pretty cool. I mean, you got your own private area for the convention, eateries right outside the door, don't forget about the awesome bar in there where we partied until 3am and then you got all the chicks in the mall. Sure they're 14 but hey...
Barney-I live just past Shoal Creek, work at Trussville Fire. I was planning on coming to the convention with an invite from the Great Kyle Jarrard-email pal for many months and a huge advice giver. However, I called Top Hat yesterday to register and the very nice gentleman told me that I was one of the first to call-unless they had at least 75 folks register, they would have to cancel it. Has this happened before??
I liked the mall location better than when they had it at the hotel. Everything you need in one place.
Wow Firenmagic that's dishearting, I was going to register this week, but I keep hearing so much about cancelations it's scaring me away. I mean I was looking to this convention so much had it marked on my calendar for a while, but as I read some of the first post it seems as the one last year was cancelled and this year as well. Guess I'll start making other plans There's a little over a month to go and the convention isn't confirmed as of yet, if it's putting doubt into my mind what about other people. So if whom ever is running this convention could let us folks know what is really going on I've ever passed the word around town here and had people wanting to car pool, and the one thing they kept asking me was is there a website or some thing they could read.
Guys please don't misunderstand, we wantto put this convention on, but as ive stated earlier, do to our it guy not getting our website, were having to see about starting fresh w/it. theres was no budget for advertising in magic or linking ring, for now word of mouth is it. that's why we honestly said we need at least 75 people to register by may 1st or budget wise it will not be reasonable to take the loss. if you want to register at least contact dave at top hat as we will honor the early bird price if you contact and promise to register buy april 30th as weve extended the early bird price, due to website not being up yet.

we all want this to happen, but we cant afford a huge loss, and again as said before, thoughwe doubt profit, if any was made this year, we will forward it to a charity. we want this to happen, but I don't think anyone out there could just toss away thousands of dollars. the convention is worth it, that's why you here good things about. and again that's why we decided to be honest and up front with everyone.
I am going to register this week. With the money back policy if something happens how can I go wrong?

Barney

p.s.
firenmagic have you been to a club meeting in B'ham?
Kermit and the gang...

I really think the best bet at this point would be to go ahead and and try next year. Contact your performers, move the date ahead one year, and start raising the money to make the convention happen next year.

The reality of it is, with the economy how it is, and especially with the magic Café being your only form of advertising, you're just not going to get 75 registrants. Even when we were putting ads in both periodicals, I don't think the true full paying registrant amount ever topped 40. And that was with minimum a year of planning in the convention.

I'm just being honest when I say the best bet is reschedule to next year, or honestly, just let the Twin City Convention go down noble. At this point, this is going to be the second year in a row where you guys just can't deliver.

I wish you guys all the best, but I really think at this point this is the only way to save face.

Best of luck.

-Mike
Barney, I have been to a meeting once (trade props night or something) and really enjoyed it. However, due to my work schedule, the available nights I have to go, I would rather spend with family. I do wish to attend this convention, as I've never been to one before-and as someone who has never even learned some of "the basics" and just goes trick by trick, I think it would be a great learning experience. I'm hoping all goes as planned and that many folks will register-if nothing else, for the beginners who want to learn from the masters.
Then, I hope to see you there.

Kermit and the gang
I know this is a possibly stupid question, but, have ya'll sent email flyers to all of the SAM and IBM rings in the area?

One of the above posters said that due to money crunch some may not come but that is why I'm coming. I can't afford the time or money to attend IBM in Nashville. And to get great magic and great lectures at an affordable cost in time and money ,like Twin City Convention, is the place to go!!!!!!!

It's a great convention with the intimaticy of a ring meeting but the quality of magic and lectures as a big convention.

my two cents

Barney
I agree with magicelam, if registration is not picking up ....
Would you have to pay the performers if they are not contacted by a certain time?

C YA REEL SEWwN!
Now guys. As to this very moment I have not received any notice of a convention cancellation and I would be one of the first to know.We do need people to register to help out.We are kind of prepared to lose some money on this but we don't want to go deep in the hole.I would say we would have more people come to the door and register on the day of the convention, but for those of you who are going to register in advance would help us out a lot.If there is no convention this year we do have that money back guarantee.It is hard getting the convention up and running missing one year but it is possible.I know this is repetitive but we will have a website.We just cant get in touch from the IT guy to get our info..We are going to do our best to pull this off. If you have any questions contact Me or Kermit directly by a PM. We hope to see you soon.

Matt Watts
Well here it is....we had a meeting and spoke with the sponsors, hotel, paramount, and bristol mall (who provides the room), and based on 1. we got a late start and didn't get a chance to promote it properly, 2. we were unable to get the site up (our it guy is tied up w/ issues at eastman), 3. the economy, we have come to the unfortunate decision to postpone the convention until 2010. the entertainers have been notified andare willing to work w/us for 2010. we appologize for this, but we must be sure that the convention we offer is worth the time of those who register as well as the performers.

guys the prices for 2010 will be he same as this year, and if you wish to get inline w/ a promise to register, please do do ad we will, from here out honor a cancelation policy.

again our deepest thanks for those who we know we'll see in 2010, and appologies to those who wanted to joun us this year. we feel your let down, but unless someone was willing to had over the budget, w/out wanting to be repayed, its to much of a risk due to the reasons above.

you guys are awesome, thanks for prayers and interest, we hope this only grows as we approach 2010.

we will keep updates coming as we go.
Yup. :(
Well, let's get started on '10 then.
Guys were still young and learning. if any of you have suggestions on how to make this convention better,how to promote (outside of the magazines and website) we would appreciate it. as I said before we want this to be convention the magic circlelooks forward to every year, and to be able to provide it every year is our goal.
Kermit -

This is the digital age. A website is absolutely essential. A good mailing list would not hurt either.

As far as the magazines go, they're a must as well. When Jeff and I were running the convention, we contacted all of the IBM and SAM clubs within 500 miles, as well as any other magic clubs we heard about. We contacted all magic shops we knew and had them post stuff about the convo. We attended other conventions purely to promote this one. We invested a couple of thousand up front every year out of pocket to make this work.

The legwork that goes into the convention is unreal. All of the planning in the world is nothing without marketing. You constantly have to put yourself out there, no matter how many people know you exist - kind of like how McDonald's and Coca Cola still run commercials on TV - no one is going to forget about those guys, but you constantly have to stay in your customer's faces.

To be honest, I'd say it is time to let this thing die a happy death. The Twin City convention was good. It was started by guys who genuinely wanted to do it, and devoted everything they had (including money) to make it work.

Knowing the situation and status of how a lot of area magicians feel about each other, I just don't think as long as certain people are involved that it will ever get the support it needs to work ever again.

There are those of us who do have the resources to make something happen in the area, and would love the chance, but are not really going to do so as long as this dead horse is being beaten. This is the second cancellation in a row. I think it is time to retire this thing while it can still be done without shame.

Believe me, it is hard for me to say this knowing I created this convention, and always wanted the best for it. But I know Jeff, Scot, and a lot of the other guys who made this thing what it is feel the same way.

Best of luck if you guys decide to go for '10... but I really think you guys should do a lot of soul-searching before you do so.

-Mike
[quote]
Knowing the situation and status of how a lot of area magicians feel about each other, I just don't think as long as certain people are involved that it will ever get the support it needs to work ever again.
-Mike
[/quote]

AMEN to that quote Mike! I told myself that I would not make a comment about this but here I go. To be honest I would of loved to support a magic convention within the SWVA / Tri-Cities areas, but we all know it is a two way street. I could of not of supported the Twin City Convention in 2009 even if I wanted too because I am booked in Richmond, VA already on June 6. Anyway, the point is that there are several magic enthusiast that I call friends who would be happy to support a magic convention if the master magician and puppets would simply ask and give support back.

I have had to honor to perform and work with some top Magic Convention Directors such as Jep Hostetler, Hank Moorehouse, Mike Stratman, Steve Zuehlke, & Terry Richarson. These guys are first class and really know how to run a convention.
I suggest you learn from how they treat others and run a convention if you really want to succeed.

PS. I have a BS in Computer Science and a Master Degree in Education meaning that I know how to design a Web site too silly, but you NEVER ASKED!

Joseph Young
Again if you must publicly try to bash those of who still want to save this convention, inorder to make yourselves feel as what happened in the past was only because you had a hand in it, if it was only because you had a hand, go ahead, do something else as wonderful as the twin city convention. truth be told regaurdless of who works it (then,now or otherwise) those that do it for love (and not recognition) will never consider it a "dead horse", but one who decided to upgradde to a clydesdale, and stop being walking horse.

as a lover of magic, period, I would attend any convention I had a chance to, regaurdless of who put it on. I'm supporting magic, not the people behind the convention.

yes weve had to postpone it for 2 years running, but outside of the magic Café for every 1 thing someone may say negetively about the convention, I hear 50 more positive one.

but if all a person can do is try to take apart what others are trying to save, despite the reason, well to be honest, I would prefer if they didn't show up anyway.

would it be easier to forget it all together, hell yeah, less work for evrybody, but again its done out of love. love for magic, love for the magic community, the love of being able to see brothers in magic enjoying something you were lucky enough to be a part of.

for those of you who do support us thank, it is deeply appreciated, and we look forward to seeing you all, when the twin city convention does return to the magic circle.
Kermit.

My post was not to bash the convention... not really sure what you mean by having a hand in it. I created it. Any local magician in the tri-cities with the exception of you or Dave will vouch for that. Jeff and I created the convention after a Matt Fore show on New Year's Eve of 2002, and the major planning, and first mention to Dave, was on January 1, 2003. I don't know why you pretend like that is not history. It is fact, it happened. Anyway...

The reason we think the convention should be over is because of our love of magic. We want to see magic succeed in the area, and this dead convention is not helping that. No one wants to be involved in anything Dave is doing. Period. You said:

"as a lover of magic, period, I would attend any convention I had a chance to, regaurdless of who put it on"

That is just silly. I certainly hope, just for example, you would not attend the John Wayne Gacy Clowns for Kids school. That kind of idea is ludacris.

When someone tries to steal something you created, run your name through the ground by blaming his porn habit on you, try to have sex with your teenage daughter, and just try to dominate and control everyone in the area, it is just kind of hard to support them.

At this point I'm sure this post will get deleted, all truth gets deleted from the Café. I'm hoping you'll get to read this before it does, Kermit.

If you really want to be involved in something, lets let this thing dissolve, as it should. Then you need to go to the club and settle up on everything that apparently happened with the money issues.

Then once everyone has made good, we'll start an event that will absolutely rock the Tri-Cities, and will have the same success as the Original Twin City Magic Convention (the first three and half years), the one that was created by and loved by magicians.

-Mike
If in fact this is true information and it is deleted, then that would be a travesty. Truth should be known.

CYRS!
I think it would be best to let this thread die. We're not accomplishing anything positive.
WOW, I am kind of glad I got the cold shoulder from the Offer I made the convention! This has me thinking twice!

Robert Jones
1. we never intended to give anyone the cold shoulder. as you can imagine we have been very busy trying to accomplish this event.

2. those who have attended in the past will attest to the level of professionalism used in putting on this convention. including the 2007 convention which those responcible for the creation of it, had nothing to do with.

3.truth is in the eye of the beholder.

4. regaurdless of what is said, this is my final addition to this post, as I agree w/ mr price, this thread needs to die. all information regaurding the twin city convention and any future plans for it, will be done as a seperate thread.

those of you who are interested, please keep an eye out.
I'm out too. Keep your eyes open for something big in the Tri-Cities in 2010.

-Mike
[quote]
On 2009-04-17 12:45, Ace of Spades wrote:
I think it would be best to let this thread die. We're not accomplishing anything positive.
[/quote]

I agree. All I have to say is I agree.Nothing more nothing less.