(Close Window)
Topic: Usb plug?
Message: Posted by: WagsterMagic (Jan 26, 2008 09:29PM)
I am looking for a plug that goes into your usb port.

It should have the audio video lags on it so you can import your video from your video camera to your computer. I just need to know what this is called if anyone knows.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks alot.

Message: Posted by: ScottRSullivan (Jan 26, 2008 10:25PM)
What type of quality are you looking for? A quick search on Google found these:



I never used either one of these. Looking at the specs, the only problem with these is that they don't look like they do full "TV" quality of 720x480. They only go up to 640x480.

This might not be too bad for you if you are just going back out to the web.

If you will be doing more, or need better quality, here's something I used for years. It is a Firewire device and requires power, though, and is not USB. But the quality is much better.

Of course, if your video camera has a firewire port, just get a simple firewire cable and it will load "automagically" to your computer. That would be the easiest and cheapest solution.

Good luck!
Message: Posted by: mrunge (Jan 26, 2008 11:15PM)
Yep...firewire all the way.

Message: Posted by: Ethan the emazing (Jan 28, 2008 06:45AM)
And firewire is cheaper.