(Close Window)
Topic: Reality is Plastic - Impromptu Hypnosis
Hi,

I just uploaded a new video to my channel on youtube that I hope you enjoy. Stage hypnotists may recognise it as a fairly classic stage routine adapted to the street.

Those with my impromptu hypnosis book will recognise it from the routines outlined in the last section.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkHw_UmS1Ko

And yes I have the rights to the 'cucumber induction'

Enjoy

Anthony
But did you eat all the cucumbers?
LOL. Actually I returned them 15 minutes later and he had a bit of a panic when he saw me returning with the 'drugs'.

Ant
LOL.

Love it. What a great guy to hypnotize!

Was there any prework with him?

Nicely done, Ant. :)

KA
I received this book in the post today and got a free disk as I was one of the 1st to order so thank you Mr Jacquin.

ive never read or watched anything to do with the teaching of hypnosis so I cant compare to others but what I can say is that this is well put together with pictures going thru all the steps carefully and most of all its very clear and it explains in detail what you should be doing and saying making use of bold text and plain text so not to confuse what you can I cannot say to the subject.

ive got a 3 hour period at work tomo were I can read a book so will post a full review once ive read it all and then the practise starts!

thanks again ant

Barry
Thanks for letting me know it has been received. The video follows the same format as the book so should aid your understanding especially with regard to the pacing of each technique. I am very happy to answer any questions you have.

All the best.

Anthony
Will watch the vid tonight as the missus wants to catch trial and retribution!!!

looking forward to seeing it though as for my close up magic act I always learnt better from books but with hypnosis its easy to follow along but you need demos to learn the pacing of it all
Me2 have ordered the book from my mate Anthony Jacquin. I have not received it yet but I'm dying out here to get it. Can't wait getting it, reading it, practising it and reviewing it. Knowing anthony from the great movies he has and the general talk I know for 100% sure the quality will be very good! I already recommend it!
Anthony, how many pages the book has? It is for principiants?
Hi Santiago,

you can take a look inside the book including the contents page at my website
http://www.anthonyjacquin.com/products.html

See the Click Here button or click on the book cover itself.

No prior knowledge of hypnosis is required. The book goes through all the details for what I refer to as The Set Up, The Set Piece, Inductions, Intensification and details word for word a number of impromptu routines I use. It also gives advice on Health and Safety. This is not a book on hypnotic theory. Whatever theory you believe in you will be able to use these techniques.

If you have any other questions please let me know Santiago.

Best regards,

Anthony
OK , I got the book and read it.
First of all let me say I got no knowlegde of hypnosis. I contacted Anthony and ordered the book and friday it came to my place. first positive point: Anthony ships it the same day you have ordered it, quick delivery and client service. that is first 5 stars. He will answers al questions and responds quite quickly.

Ok, I picked up the book, it is a nice ringbound book of like 112 pages with nice pictures and a good relaxing style in it. With it came a accomplying DVD(first 200 only so ive heard). It looked good to me espescially since english is not my first language.

Now the most important part: the content. :D
Well it blew me away espescially as a beginner I really cant wait practising the stuff in the book. Im beginning right away next saturday in the bar with just pratcising the set pieces anthony describes to gain some confidence :) 5 stars for the content!
The DVD is more then I expected. It is a 75 minute accompaning DVD which is of very good quality.

Here I give some pro's:

- Great content
- Customer service is very good
- Very well explained with loads of pictures
- I had the feeling to immediately put all this stuff into practise
- great effects in it!
- great looks more quality then I have expected

1 attention point:
- I noticed 2 spelling mistakes but that's no minor point at all

all with all my judgement is 5 stars, highly recommended. I buy lots of books and this one I received on friday and I was done reading it on saturday:D I read it in one blew trough!

*****!!
Anothony, Sound like you have a winner -- only 2 spelling errors! But you can find twice that at least in everything I write! LOL

Actually, sound like you have hit on a winner with a section on exercises that build confidence. That is the number one reason people learn hypnosis but never do it.
Yes those with English as first language will spot a few more. I am gutted about that as it something that bugs me but hey there is always the second edition.

My corrected file was inadvertantly switched by the graphics person for the previous version when she sent it to the printer. As I had already proofed it I just gave the printer the go ahead without checking. Schoolboy error.

Thanks very much for the review Michiel. I look forward to hearing about your first impromptu hypnoattacks.

Be The Hypnotist.

Anthony
The typos are nothing to worry about

what is good though is the content. the only annoying bit about it is that I cant do it yet! but practice it will be, but its hard on your family as its not like magic were you can have a laugh you have to be serious and they don't take you seriously!
With family you can wait for your moment and be ready to seize it. When one of them has a headache or toothache or is struggling to sleep may bring an opportunity. Also often there will likely be one of them who is actually very interested but struggles to take it seriously with others around. They will come round to it and when they do just get into The Set Piece and before they know it they will have fallen 'in'.

Also if you around on March 8th on the mainland I am running a free training day. You are welcome to attend. It will give you an opportunity to actually hypnotise some strangers.

Any questions let me know.

Anthony
Were is it derby?

I live on the isle of wight

I'm a prison officer by day but how good would impromptu hypnosis be there.

I'm gonna rip your head off screw

and sleep, when you awake you will not rip my head off and you will apologise and go behind your door like a good con

my job would be so much easier!
Ow please anthony. Understand that I'm not bothered at all with it :) The content is 5 stars!! I love your book, I love how much effort you put in it. I cant wait to practise it, the book gave me confidence!(set pieces etc). I also want to do a course in london.

Great work. In me you have found a customer who will continue quality products from you like this!
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 15:16, beds wrote:
Were is it derby?

[/quote]

If it let me know.

Mescalito
Hi,

the free training day on March 8th will be held in East Sussex. We will hold another later in the year in Derby, where I am based.

And Beds absolutely without question you should be running things in that prison. If they are about to rip your head off they are already in an altered state and highly suggestible it is possible to turn that into hypnosis. Either that or smack them with your cosh and send them to solitary.

My father did some work in a prison as a hypnotherapist and got the wonderful headline in the local paper 'Hypnotist goes to prison'.

Anthony
Anthony - where abouts in Derby are you... I'm about 5 mins from center at moment, moving to other side of Alfreton at end of month though.

Mescalito
My office is based on St James St in the centre of town. I live about five mins from town Bedford St, Uttoxeter Old Rd.

Anthony
LoL - I live on Arundel st. about 50 yeards away.
Well if you want to meet up some time let me know.

Ant
Definately mate, sounds like a plan.
Will give you a shout before I ship out to the country.

Andy
Were in east sussex will it be held

not sure if I'm working yet or not but would defo be interested

think I got my brother into a light trance earlier as I did the set pieces, fingers, magnetic palms and steel arm then I did magnetic palms pushing his arms down when they touched and he was really light on his feet and I was rocking him to keep him upright and trying to deepen him and when I told him to open his eyes he was rubbing them like he'd just woken up.
so possibly getting there!
It will be held at a fantastic venue in Hurst Green. Right in the middle of the countryside. If you know the A21 you just stick on that as if you are driving to Hastings about 15 miles from Hastings you hit Hurst Green.

Great to hear you have your brother on the hypnotic ropes.

Anthony
I read most of the book today and am really enjoying it so far.

Thanks for writing it,

Elliott
Hey anthony you look like david Copperfield in some of the pics on your site. I have those same type of eyebrows too! must be a magician thing :D
Eyebrows? You mean you have more than one? Just call me Blackbird. And they are effective for magic but much more effective in a hypnotic setting.

Anthony
I'm trying to seperate them to no avail. And yes they make us look mysterious and manly
Mac,

I am struggling to get onto your website by the way.

Anthony
My webpage is currently down. Will be back soon :)
Hi,

just wanted to let you know that I have just started sending out the second free supplement to my book Reality is Plastic - Impromptu Hypnosis.

It is solely aimed at magicians especially mentalists and concerns hypnosis as a pre-show tool. If you don't receive it within the next 48 hours get in touch directly.

Reality is Plastic - Proper Mental Volume 2

Contents
The Set Up: Pre-show Hypnosis
The Set Piece: Using the Set Piece as an Induction
Induction: Invisible Induction
Effect: Reverse Mind Reading
References

If for any reason you did not receive the first supplement let me know.

Stay in touch with any questions.

Thanks for the support.

P.S I am running a Hypnosis Masterclass for magicians and mentalists only on 17th and 18th January. It will be a mixture of classroom and street/bar practical. If you wish to register your interest email me.

Best regards,

Anthony
I received my copy of proper mental 2, thank you very much Anthony!
Very interesting. Anthony steps up to the mark here in '02' and adresses the famous: 'Be a mind reader for 10p' skit where Derren Brown talks to someone and gives them instruction (we're not allowed to listen-in)on how they are about to read the mind of the other chosen subject with mind-blowing results.
On 2008-02-25 15:57, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
"Eyebrows? You mean you have more than one? Just call me Blackbird. And they are effective for magic but much more effective in a hypnotic setting."

Anyone have an eyebrow connector that they want to sell me?
[quote]
On 2008-11-29 01:48, marknem7 wrote:
On 2008-02-25 15:57, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
"Eyebrows? You mean you have more than one? Just call me Blackbird. And they are effective for magic but much more effective in a hypnotic setting."

Anyone have an eyebrow connector that they want to sell me?
[/quote]

Black Sharpie.
I recieved my copy of Reality is Plastic on Friday and have read through it twice thus far.

Initial Reactions:
Awesome, I've read through it and been able to succesfully perform the set pieces with my girlfriend and another close friend and got some pretty nifty reactions. My friend who attempted to resist during magnetic hands found his hands slam together in a rather damatic way and showing some signs of entering hypnosis (breathing changes). As for attempting a full induction, I'm going to attempt to nab an acquaintance tomorrow before class. I'll play around with it a bit more and post back my progress with it.
Thanks for your feedback, I am glad your first impressions are good.

Pick off that friend whose hands slammed together. I suspect he will be a great subject :)

Look forward to progress reports and do stay in touch with any questions.

If you haven't received both of the supplements to the book then email me direct.

Anthony
Hi Anthony,
I have just ordered your book and can't wait for it to arrive. Just out of curiosity... have you sold 200 copies yet? (I'm hoping to get one with the DVD/CD).
Does the supplemental material come with the initial shipment, or is it shipped separately, or is it delivered via email?

Thanks a bunch, Jessi
Hi Jessyka,

I replied to you be email this morning before seeing this. All your questions are answered in that email.

Thanks for buying my book and stay in touch with any questions.

Anthony
Hi Anthony!

All the comments about your book make it sound like what I was looking for!

My only question is would you ship it to Ecuador, South America? If not, can I get it elsewhere?

Thank you,

Giovanni.
My fear is after people buy it. EVERYONE around will be professional hypnotists..
Hey,
Anthony, your book just arrived. I did a quick read through and watched the DVD. Dang, that is some scary stuff! Wickedly cool, but scary!

My dog was sitting next to me while the DVD played and I think you induced him! Every time I tell him to "give me the paw", he raises his paw and then falls over asleep. :)

Seriously, as a novice who is just learning this is wonderful material. It didn't get bogged down in the theoretical framework of what is going on. I like the way that the book concentrates on real world applicability with a minimum of distractions. Thanks a bunch!
[quote]
On 2008-12-12 18:55, tiriri wrote:
Hi Anthony!

All the comments about your book make it sound like what I was looking for!

My only question is would you ship it to Ecuador, South America? If not, can I get it elsewhere?

Thank you,

Giovanni.
[/quote]

Hi Giovanni,

thanks for your interest. Yes I ship anywhere in the world. If you do not want to wait the book and DVD are available for download from http://www.magicshop.co.uk/

JessiNYC, thanks for your first impressions.

I am in the early stages of planning a trip and lecture in New York in Spring. Perhaps see you there :)

Stay in touch with any questions.

Anthony
I just ordered this today. It was the reviews here at the Café and that sold me on it and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I guess it is too early to start pacing the floor waiting on the mailman.
It's on it;s way Aaron. I look forward to sharing ideas with you in 2009.

Happy New Year everyone. Thanks for sharing your thoughts in the last year.

Anthony
I am now a proud owner of Reality is Plastic and read it the same day also, its absolutely FANTASTIC. Having read it several times, the info is locked in my head. The directness in the lay out of this informational jam packed jem of a book has me rithing for more, and here is why: There is zero filler, clearly tried and tested work, no BS just straight hypnosis.

Mr. Jacquin you have developed and defined a sound working and un-complicated system that people can really take out and use almost instantly. I have spent the last several months reading and learning every hypnosis oriented topic I can get my hands on and I mean everything. 10,000 pages in the last six months on the subject alone. Obviously I am not an expert but the tools I found in your book were so brilliantly laid out like a suregeons tools for the most intricate surgery. Everything in its right place left for the reader to discover, provided his eyes were open. I will say there were six tips cleverly hiding in the text for me that keeps the boys from the men in hypnosis(The Six tips you shared I had not found in any of other hypnosis books that I have read and I am positive you have saved me several years of contimplation and anaylizing trying to solve those particualr mysteries thank you for those shared tips.) and one paragraph in Reality is Plastic that I am sure will be quoted for decades to come.

I would really just like to say that The service and rapid speed in which I received my book from you was extremely FAST thank you for such rapid response.

http://www.Theillustratedmagician.com

Reed McClintock
Reed,

many thanks for taking the time to write this. If I can support you in your endeavour to master this art do not hesitate to ask.

Anthony
I attended one of Anthony's workshops this weekend. Short review - amazing! Best value. Best fun. Best night out.

Thanks Anthony
Thank you Stuart. I am so glad you enjoyed it and got value from it.

Having a hypnotism course solely for magicians was a first and I have to say it was so refreshing how up for it everyone was once we hit the streets and bars and jars.

I look forward to staying in touch.

Anthony
This actualy looks like something worth ordering. I am going to order the book, I better hurry up and get to the ordering.
The material is well worth the price and service is priceless. I highly recommend it.
I am waiting for mine to arrive.

I've not been this giddy for anything since I was 15, I think...

:online:
[quote]
On 2009-02-26 14:54, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
I am waiting for mine to arrive.

I've not been this giddy for anything since I was 15, I think...

[/quote]

I had the same feeling while I was waiting for mine to arrive. This book is great and Anthony offer a good service.
It is indeed a fantastic book for the complete beginner, however rest assured if you want to do a proper stage hypnosis show then personally I'd say you also need to be looking at something like Richard Nongards DVDS to take you to the next step.

His Stage Hypnosis Course covers everything you need to know!
I JUST GOT MINE YESTERDAY!

:dancing:
Mine arrived today. Good stuff!

Candin
Anthony is still one of the best in the business as far as delivery and customer service is concerned!

:online:
Glad to hear it is with you Candin and thanks for the kind words Pakar.

You should get a nice 'Proper Mental' freebie in your inbox in the next week. Apologies for the delay, just rounding up one final contribution.

All the best

Anthony
See, see... What did I tell you!

The guy's a godsend... :)

Thanks Ant! :wavey:
Yeah Im getting more into RIP now that I have time. Everything Anthony says is for a reason. Some of the questions I had have been answered by rereading the section a second time.

C
If I order from magicshop.co.uk, will I also get the two free supplements?
Yes, you can either get them via their associated streetsleights website or just email me direct on enquiries@anthonyjacquin.com and ask let me know when you ordered.

Anthony
Thanks Anthony, I bought it through magicshop as a digital download, got on the streetsleights site and got the supplements there too. I desperately wanted the second supplement as it meant that I could perhaps be one step closer to figuring out what "Be a mind reader for 10p" was based on (my ultimate favourite Derren Brown piece that has had me baffled from the moment I saw it). Not at all to say this was the only reason I wanted RIP!

I've been skimming through, and initial thoughts are that this is just brilliant work. RIP is such a methodical approach to hypnotism, I find it very rare when books are so purely focused on the procedural aspects of its content. It literally is as little as you can possibly read to still be able to perform hypnosis to great levels.

I was the chap that spoke to you on the phone. I had tried to call a few times earlier that day, so you must have thought I was a stalker! Incredibly friendly and helpful, I was very surprised by how approachable you were.

Thank you.

I may be getting in touch if I have any future problems, if that is OK.
What people don't realise about Anthony is that he's incredibly approachable because he actually IS a stalker, and it saves soooooo much time. Be afraid miguel, be very afraid!

bobser
I agree this book is brilliant, simple no BS just straight down the line.

How important is the belief that it is possible when performing this.

For instance if someone believes that hypnosis is not possible more than you believe it is would this cause problems ?

I say this because I have found it a little difficult so far. Thanks
I think if you just walk up and do it not knowing the person with no warning, it is rolling the dice. Not believing in hypnosis is not necessarily a hinderance but if it takes too long to convince them, move on.

Approach people and do a little pretalk first. Find the ones who want to be zapped:)

I have an accelerated learning curve since I am riddled with OCD. New but not so new to the the wonderful world of hypnosis. Its working for me and becoming part of my mentalism world.

My penny

Candin
Thanks Candin. I will keep trying and let you know my results. I really want this to work. I am like others been down the NLP Hypnosis route for about 10 years but never had any real success. I am really hoping I can get this going.
[quote]
On 2009-05-05 04:35, Candin wrote:
I think if you just walk up and do it not knowing the person with no warning, it is rolling the dice. [/quote]

Do this enough and do not be shocked when you have some missing teeth.
[quote]
On 2009-05-05 13:03, Dannydoyle wrote:
[quote]
I think if you just walk up and do it not knowing the person with no warning, it is rolling the dice. [/quote]

[/quote]

LOL,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PteJKGtHn0

C
I just wanted to let everyone know that Mr Jacquin is a fantastic businessman, an outstanding human being, and here's why?...

I recently ordered his book (instant download - pdf format) via http://www.magicshop.co.uk.

However having read through it almost immediately, I didn't like it...for reasons which I won't go into because that's not important now.

Instead of posting a negative review here, on the magiccafe.com, I decided instead to email Mr Jacquin and inform him personally, (which I thought was more polite and professional than giving a negative review in public).

Mr Jacquin responded to my original email within 60 MINUTES (roughly). Not only did he thank me for my review but he also refunded my money directly (without me asking him to do so)! (That is to say, he didn't ask the owner/s of http://www.magicshop.co.uk to refund me but HE refunded me, himself...thus possibly(?) resulting in HIM being 'out of pocket')

WOW! That is what I call the ULTIMATE in customer serivce and satisfaction, and IMHO, the way that every single business should be run.

Mr Jacquin has guaranteed himself a customer for life, (should he bring out any other products)!
[quote]
On 2009-05-05 15:36, Decomposed wrote:
[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

LOL,

C
[/quote]

That's the risk doing COLD imprompu hypnosis. Not everybody is a good subject, but in this case, if you look closely, you'll see that the subject is distracted and looks at the person passing by behind him. This way the concentration and fixation is broken and the hypnotist is indeed lucky to keep all his teeth.
[quote]
On 2009-05-04 16:11, MagicJono wrote:

I say this because I have found it a little difficult so far. Thanks
[/quote]

Hi Jono?

It comes down to what you are thinking in the first instance. We call this Intent.

You must not doubt you will get hypnosis every single time you go for it. The easiest way to do this of course is to enter hypnosis yourself a bit. You do this by imagining it happening - not hard to do.

Now, you will find people who are not good at hypnosis. THEY fail, not you. Don't give up.

By the way learn at least five or six ways of hypnotising until you find the one that works for you. Not everyone can hypnotise the one way. It isn't about them, it's about You. If you are not absolutely comfortable with the way you are hypnotising it won't happen. Even if the person in front of you is a total raving somnambulist.
I purchased this when it first came out. After reading the book twice through and practicing the script, I went out and attempted the material. I successfully hypnotized 3 for 3 subjects and was able to induce some of the 'heavier' suggestions. Including post hypnotic suggestion and amnesia. I am one very satisfied customer.

I was very skeptical at first, but just decided to try it and see what happened.
[quote]
Mr Jacquin has guaranteed himself a customer for life, (should he bring out any other products)!
[/quote]

http://www.headhacking.com/products/

Get your credit card out :P

http://www.headhacking.com/training/

then get it out again :P

I have to admit, I´m very curious as to why you didn´t like the book. (I have a copy myself).
Jon Chase is right (he's got a couple of good books on the subject too): my number 1 belief is that I can ALWAYS hypnotize someone. It doesn't always work out, but always having that attitude gives you the confidence to push past some common objections. I've had people tell me they don't believe in hypnosis, and then later had their hands stuck to the table or them forgetting the number seven, etc.

And if I run into someone who really isn't good at hypnosis? I don't worry about it, because my number 2 belief is that there are tons of other people out there who are.

One useful thing to say when they say they don't believe in it is to smile and say, "I specialize in hypnotizing skeptics."
[quote]
On 2009-05-05 15:36, Decomposed wrote:
[quote]
[quote]

[/quote]

LOL,

C
[/quote]

Holy Crap! If this is an example of what mindpunisher is calling hypno attacks, then I agree 100%. I have the sound muted so I don't know what kind of introduction he used, if any. That was just painful to watch. The group attack at the bus stop was almost as bad.
Doesn't look like that here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STzta20HRew

HK
[quote]
On 2011-03-08 07:57, hypnokid wrote:
Doesn't look like that here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STzta20HRew

HK
[/quote]
Exactly.
You can learn plenty from Mayajid. He is a legend.
I thought you were kidding initially Anthony. I'll have to see some other clips, I guess. This one looked like an attack. So did the face grab he did on the gal sitting at the bus stop.

They are also omitting any pre-talk he has. I prefer the one you teach. Then again, here in the states it is legal to carry a firearm. (Which I love) You could get shot here. :) (I might not love that as much)
Even here we have assault laws that would cover grabbing someone by the face.

But as with all videos, how much don't we see? Is the set up exactly as we see it or not?
Having said that, I'm very interested in learning the Face Grab Arm Dislocating induction. :lol:

I think it was invented by the bullies at my school!
[quote]
On 2011-03-08 12:00, Shrubsole wrote:
Even here we have assault laws that would cover grabbing someone by the face.
[/quote]
I never thought of that .. we have similar laws. I tend to agree with this law. I'll be staying away from these inductions. You never know .. they could have something hanging from their nose.

Shrubsole, let's go find these former bullies and bend them under the will of your hypnotic powers. We can create an army of Jennys.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As you well know, I can do 'Jennys' and was even cracking up reading it in your post.

If I even get to the stage of saying the name through a contorted face, the line "From a long line of Camelhumpers" pops into my brain and then I lose it big time and have never got that far.