(Close Window)
Topic: Steve Haynes Casanova Concept
For Audio Review

http://www.mypodcast.com/fsaudio/garethspodcastofmagicstuff_20080204_0924-169670.mp3

For Video Reviews

http://garethsvidcastofmagicstuff.blogspot.com/2008/02/review-of-steve-haynes-casanova-concept.html
Reeeeally looking forward to this. Saw a demo of some of the effects and they are very cool!
Its great, a great concept and this DVD is only the start. You get some great effects to use and then you can use you own creativity to create more, but make sure you get permission from Steve and at least credit him.
Me too, I saw this several months ago and it is one of the most impossible effects I have seen in a long time. I am not a fan of card magic but this is something different. I cant wait for this to come out because I HAVE TO KNOW HOW THIS IS DONE, hurry up BBM. I am also relly excited to see how people will use this and what they will come up with. I am also happy that a company like Big Blind Media is representing this effect, they have always impressed me with their quality and their unique approach to magic film making.

Shaun Dunn
http://www.papercraneproductions.net
Big Blind Media rocks, no doubt about that.

And I've said before on a different thread -- but the music they use in their DVDs is also killer.

It's a perfect mix: good magic, good visuals, and good music.

Really enjoyable DVDs all-around.
Garethwitty, Thank you for the nice review and I tried my best to include effects that teach the idea with effects that are interchangable and to stimulate creativity,with several effects possible back to back
and the beginning,middle and end of the effects being completely different
I look at it almost like a system and hope that comes through on the dvd.

Cameron, I quoted you on the pm you sent me, as
it was honest and used your exact words and just want you to know that it made my day.

Shaun, that was about eight months ago and glad you remember it, as I'm sure you have seen a ton of stuff since then,so thanks a million and as far as BBM, they treat their performers like Royalty and it was a
pleasure working with them as they know how put it together and wish more
companies had their spirit.

Casanova Closer is one of the best constructed routines I have ever developed and is designed with a real worker in mind and I have closed my main card act with it for well over a decade(starting and ending clean as a whistle).

I was aiming to give a lot and hope the majority feel that I have.

Sincerely,

Steve Haynes
There is a demo on murphy's.

Find the link yourself I want to make this as hard as possible for people to get.
Folks, I saw the Murphy's demo. It does not seem possible. If this was a Youtube demo by someone we didn't know, I'd say it was scam. I love card magic, sleight of hand, but this transcended that.

I also got a chance to see a demo of Steve himself perform this and an Ambitious card routine with a card to wallet. I watched it 3 times and could not see the "tells" I was looking for. I was smoked so badly. I fancy myself a bit of a card to wallet expert and I'm clueless.

The Murphy's ad says: Steve Haynes has tweaked and developed this closely guarded secret for 17 YEARS!

When I read things like that, I smile. They're ad copy words in my opinion. That's ok, you have to sell products and I'm ok with it as long as it's a good product that fools laymen.

The ad copy for Casanova Concept by Steve Haynes matches the product: I can't believe what I just saw!

From the Ad:
Featured on this DVD:

Stroller Controller - A freely selected card is signed front and back, and then lost in the deck. You cleanly reach into your pocket and withdraw their card, showing that you had it BEFORE they even signed it!

Thru & Through - A signed Card Thru Window with a FACE UP, SIGNED selection!

Rip Trip - A signed business card is torn but miraculously restores itself!

Homing On Easy Street - A signed card disappears from the deck and appears in your pocket. TWICE! This is easy-peasy!

And, Steve Haynes' signature piece - the Casanova Closer...

Your spectator selects two cards and SIGNS them both. One is placed in their own wallet (or pocket). The other is lost in the deck. Within seconds you open your own wallet to reveal the signed selection which was apparently lost in the deck.

As your spectator is still reeling, you offer to repeat the effect. You re-open your wallet (which was empty only moments ago) and slowly withdraw a face-down card. Your spectator's eyes are popping out of their head - 'How did that signed selection get back into your wallet'?

It didn't. It's the OTHER signed card! The one that should have been in the spectators' wallet. And when they look in their pocket they find the first signed card! Then they faint!

BOTH CARDS ARE GENUINELY SIGNED BY THE SPECTATOR AND YOU NEVER TOUCH THE SPECTATOR'S WALLET!

NOTE: The Casanova Closer utilises a gimmicked wallet (not supplied). But, this is just one way to employ the Casanova Concept. The DVD also features a second method using nothing but a deck of cards and an ungimmicked wallet!

PRAISE FOR THE CASANOVA CONCEPT:

"It looks great! I can't wait to get my copy."
- Paul Green, Professional Magician

"Very Inventive, Very Creative And Very, Very Clean!"
- Steve Thomas, Professional Magician

"The Casanova concept opens the door for a myriad of effects. It's limitless. When I saw the card through glass, I jumped out of my seat. I couldn't believe my eyes. Rewind. Play. Rewind. Play. Rewind. Play..."
- Aaron Delong, Professional Magician

"Okay, so I want to learn the Casanova Closer NOW! That routine is killer, man! It floored me!"
- Cameron Francis, Professional Magician
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this tomorrow. Will give it a watch and hopefully be able to post a thorough review tomorrow night....
Very interesting but I have a question : two cards are signed , one of it is in the spectator wallet and the other in the pack of cards ....so this second card from the deck of performer has really the signature of the spectator or is just an imitation which is show very fast during the first part of the trick???
Thank you
JIS
JIS - it is a genuine signature!! it is cleanly shown during the routine.

I know I know I know - you're thinking HOW is that possible.

the answer - steve hayne's is a GENIUS!

hehe!
Cassanova Concept man, is an absolute killer. If you already do card to wallet, then you can add the Cassanova Closer to add a monster kicker for practically no extra work. Why would you not do this?

It's beyond clever man. There's no reason to not perform this spectator busting routine!
Well I give it up and I will buy it ....no more questions for this diabolical thing.
Thank you very much for very fast answers dear fellows.
Any mentalism uses for this concept? The ad says use of business cards...What can this be used for besides CTW, and card trsnpos?

Thanks,

Paul h.
Quite seriuously, this is one of the best ideas I've seen in years. It was such a refreshing experience to hear this impossible effect described and, when the method was revealed, for EVERY word to be absolutely true.

You won't know what I mean until you see it and understand the concept but it actually took me a few viewings to fully understand what Steve had created. It's ingenius and 'The Casanova Closer' is simply one of the strongest card effects you will ever do. It completely defies explanation - simple as that!

Dave.
Folks - you can watch a demo of one of the effects from the Casanova Concept at http://www.bigblindmedia.com/

just click on the picture of the dvd box and it'll show you a performance of the AWESOME 'Casanova Closer'.

I just gotta say again - steve hayne's is a GENIUS!!
[quote]
On 2008-02-06 07:51, Paul h. wrote:
Any mentalism uses for this concept? The ad says use of business cards...What can this be used for besides CTW, and card trsnpos?

Thanks,

Paul h.
[/quote]

With some thought, you could create a mentalism effect but none is shown on this dvd.

As far as other things you can do besides CTW and transpos, on the dvd is a card through glass, torn and restored business card and a couple of other ideas as well.

Owen and Dave,

Thanks a million guys,

Steve

Steve
For those of you that still don't have this... let me just say that the Card Through Glass effect that the Cassanova concept allows you to do is fantastic.

I think everytime someone performs it, the angels scream "Yahtzee!" It's a thing of beauty and looks so clean.

So all I'm trying to say is - don't buy this. BBM, please stop selling it. Tongue in cheek of course...

Aaron DeLong
Yep, its pure liquid gold of a routine and yes the card thru glass is worth the price of the DVD alone. Also you can do the routine with Mullica wallet or a normal wallet as well.

So stop reading this, grab YOUR wallet and order the DVD now.

Well, what are you waiting for??? GO NOW AND BUY!!!!

(-O-)
Ok wait so is there a link to where to get this or no?
Can we support the cretaor and order from Steve Haynes direct?
I seen that MJM had it for sale
Will we be able to order this off BBM anytime soon?
Logan

I have been signed up to the BBM news letter for a long time and they always seem to give first shot to the people on their mailing list , along with other surprises,such as member discounts.

Best,

Steve
Steve. Ive said it before and ill say it again.. Im miost with antisipation. OOY stop thinking that
LOL

Thanks man.
Steve,

First off, congrats on the great release. If the demo is anything to go by, I'm pretty sure you're gonna rock the magic world...at least in the card magic arena ;)

Yeah, I signed up for their mailing list too and I know their perks, i.e. mailing list members getting the DVDs earlier, etc, so I was rather confused as to why I see it at Hocus-Pocus and not hearing anything from the mailing list.

Perhaps I'm missing something?
Logan,

Thanks for your interest.
Yes I think you may have missed something so I left you a pm.

Best,

Steve
[quote]
On 2008-02-06 20:55, paisa23 wrote:
Ok wait so is there a link to where to get this or no?
[/quote]

http://www.bigblindmedia.com

Add it to your bookmarks, you gonna be using this one alot!
Steve Haynes Casanova Concept-A Review

Right from the start I will say that the Casanova Concept is one of those rare beautiful things that hits it's mark, no hype, no false advertising. Every word about what you can do with it is absolutely true. The concept is quite simply a breakthrough in thought.

And I have no problem stating that The Casanova Closer, as described on the DVD, is one of the best card effects to hit the market in the last several years.

Dave Forrest has it right when he says that after you do this trick you need to leave. Immediately. There isn't much that can follow this effect.

So here we go in order on the DVD:

The Casanova Closer
I had seen the demo of this and also saw some raw footage of the effect being performed before getting this DVD. And I thought I had an inkling as to what was going on. But I was off on most accounts. This concept is so well thought out and executed perfectly that it had me completely fooled. I wasn't even close.

So here's what they see: They select two cards and sign them. No funny stuff here. They sign their initials in a circle on both cards. The cards are real. The signatures are real. The verdicts are final :)
One card goes in their wallet and either put aside or put back in their pocket. Then you go on to do a very fair card to wallet (wallet not included but you can do this without a special wallet if you're so inclined, it is also explained). The signature is clear throughout this and no fake signatures are used at anytime. Ok, so far nothing mind blowing, standard card magic.
What happens next will elevate you far beyond anything your audience has ever seen. You offer to do it again. The signed card goes into the middle of the deck and you pull out your wallet and this time the signed card that they had in their wallet is now in yours! While they're trying to pick their jaw of the ground you ask them to open up their wallet and inside is the signed card that had previously been in your wallet.
Two signed cards switch places under impossible circumstances in the cleanest possible way. I can't wait to try this out and see the reactions on people's faces.
The effect is carefully explained with every move and nuance laid out for you. I do believe that years of refinement went into putting together this routine. It's pretty darn close to perfect.
As far as sleight of hand goes, this works with the most minimum of handling. It will take some rehearsal to get the routine down but you don't need a high level of digital skill to accomplish this. There is a more advanced move that could be used but a variation is offered as well.
Everything that I've said and that the ad copy says is completely true. Nothing is left out. And nothing needs to be added.
The other effects on the DVD are good and offer you other ways of employing the concept but this effect seems to be the perfect use of the concept on the DVD.
Well done guys!

Thru and Through
This is written up as a signed card through window and may be the only issue I have with the ad copy. This is more of a card through glass table. I don't know if I would use this for a card through window, at least not how it's described on the DVD.
What they see is a signed card is visibly in your hand one second and then the next second it's visibly gone through a glass table. This is a quickie that is a clever use of the principle. The good news is that this is also very easy. There really isn't a whole lot of finger flicking to accomplish this. Very nice.

Homing on Easy Street
This is a very easy homing card effect. With, believe it or not, no palming! A signed card travels to your pocket twice under the fairest of conditions.
This is probably my second favorite effect on the DVD. I can see myself adding this to my repertoire immediately. So super easy to do and in the eyes of the spectators just impossible.

Stroller Controller
This is a very interesting idea and use of the principle. This is a lot different then the other uses of the principle which I like. It got me thinking of other uses.
The effect is: They freely pick any card and sign both sides of it. You lose the card in the pack. Then you pull a card out of your pocket and it turns out to be their card.
This is really easy to do and a shocker. It will take a bit of set up to do but once you've set it up you'll be ready to go for a long time. And it resets easily for table hopping or strolling.
I liked this, and like I said before, this is a very different use of the application. The way it's used here could probably be used for lots of things....

Rip Trip
Rip Trip is a cute little way of ripping a signed business card and then restoring it right under their noses. You draw a woman and offer to demonstrate the sawing a lady in half illusion. I liked this, yet another cool application.

New Age Card To Wallet
This is a version of the Casanova Closer using a normal wallet. The effect is the same for the most part but using a Mullica Wallet is the superior version. There is a small difference that I think its worth having the Mullica wallet. I don't want to say too much without going into methods here, but do yourself a favor and buy a Mullica wallet. You won't be sorry.

So, all in all, this was a great investment. Lots of stuff to play with and you really can do a lot with this principle. The production quality of the DVD is top notch. The teaching is through and very funny at times. I had lots of fun watching this.

You can purchase it [url=http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=8854]here[/url].

And if anyone has any questions feel free to ask....
Here's a [url=http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&keywords=wallet&x=0&y=0]link[/url] for anyone who needs the necessary wallet.....
Awesome review Jason!

Can't wait to get mine!
Same story with me, Never wear a coat and or jacket, so my weapon of choice is Real Mans Wallet. Any issues with this? Le t me clarify, a bit on the run so have not had a chance to read everything in detail.
Looks like he is using a Jerry O Connel Wallet, I am wondering if it can be done with Tony Miller's Hip Pocket Mullica Wallet?

JM
I would assume any Mullica type wallet would do the trick. I have a Triple Threat and I plan on using it for this effect.
I use the O'Connel small no palm wallet myself but any wallet will work,to create the effect described.

Thanks everyone,and once you get it, feel free to pm me as I will be happy to help if needed.

Steve Haynes

Jason, thanks so much for the review and so glad you like it.

Steve Haynes
Steve,
Thank you for sharing your incredible idea with the community. I can't wait to use it out in the real world and watch people's minds melt....

Best,
Jason
This definitely has my mind working overtime. Is it possible to have two separate people sign the cards or does whatever is written in those circles have to be nearly-identical? I don't have a clue how it's done either way, I'm just curious aobut the possibilities. thanks
Most of the effects on the dvd uses just one signed selection and as far as possibilities, well I feel they are limited only to your imagination.

One effect that I do ,but is not on the dvd, is have two people sign cards and very openly while the signed selection is face up fold it into quarters in the fairest way you can imagine and place it on the table and then hold the other signed card face up and it changes to the one you folded and the folded card turnes out to be the other signed card.

With everything that is on the dvd, I think you can create just about anything.

Steve

Best,

Steve
Steve, will you and BBM be doing another DVD/Book soon?
Steve,
I have Doug Malloy's Hip Pocket Card to Wallet. Will that work?

Jeff
Jeff,

Most any wallet will work with very little adjustment.

If your wanting to use a gaffed wallet, it will take very little thought to make it work and don't think your going to have any problems after watching the dvd.

Feel free to pm me if you need any help, but I think you will have no problem knowing what you need to do after you learn the concept.

Hope you enjoy it,

Steve
Do all of the tricks require the spectator to sign two cards?
[quote]
On 2008-02-08 22:50, jamie9 wrote:
Do all of the tricks require the spectator to sign two cards?
[/quote]

The Casanova Closer ( steve's signature piece ) requires two cards. The other efefcts do not.
[quote]
On 2008-02-08 18:58, garethwitty wrote:
Steve, will you and BBM be doing another DVD/Book soon?
[/quote]

Anything is possible, so I guess we will have to just wait and see. ;)
I don't see the fuss. Get yourself a Mullica and you can do the effects on the DVD.
fib
No.

The Mullica Wallet has nothing to do with the final phase of the routine, which is the real meat of this effect. The signed card (the one they just saw in the deck, right under their noses) appears in the spectator's wallet. You'll need knowledge of the Casanova Concept to pull this one off...sorry :(

And a Mullica Wallet has nothing to do with nor is necessary for any of the other effects on the DVD....
Hey - check this... a certain PAUL Harris had this to say about the CASANOVA CONCEPT DVD:

"Every ten years or so a paradigm popping concept of pure power filters through into this dimension and instantly re-shapes a chunk of the astonishment landscape. Steve Haynes Casanova Closer is one of those long awaited pieces of strange. If you're doing any effect that involves signed cards moving from here to there, changing places or appearing in impossible locations...you may want to ponder the possibility of super charging it with Casanova." Paul Harris

WAHEY!!!!
I could never have said it as well as Paul Harris, but I was thiking this is going to change card magic.

http://www.theastonishmentproject.com/shop/advanced_search_result.php?search_in_description=1&keywords=wallet&x=0&y=0
It sounds like a very promising principle... I am curious if the principle is similar to that used in Sankey's "Uberchange". I only ask for personal clarification since in the past I have used the "Uberchange" concept to accomplish something that seems a bit similar. If Casanova really is a "paradigm popping concept" than I suppose I have nothing to worry about... any thoughts?
I can't wait for the DVD to arrive! Now I just need to learn this stellar
concept and than I have to pick the right wallet! I have a few gaffed wallet,
but I'm also curious to learn the regular wallet routine..
[quote]
On 2008-02-09 16:34, evolve629 wrote:
I can't wait for the DVD to arrive! Now I just need to learn this stellar
concept and than I have to pick the right wallet! I have a few gaffed wallet,
but I'm also curious to learn the regular wallet routine..
[/quote]

Ohhh you gonna love that one, a little (and I mean little!) more work and its gonna make jaws hit da floors!!!
Will this be available at Blackpool?
[quote]
On 2008-02-09 19:01, paulyjr wrote:
Will this be available at Blackpool?
[/quote]

Looking at the website I think it might well be, so better make sure you find the http://www.bigblindmedia.com stand and buy a copy.
I'll take a look in 2 weeks time...
It will be at Blackpool along with Liam Monteri's set, Andrew Normansell's dvd and my dvd set. Wish I could be there. But I will be in spirit... and cardboard.
I'll get connel wallet along with the dvd.. looks so good to be true.
Well

I'm not claiming to know, but I have a pretty good idea of how it's done.

I think the concept is not entirely new since jay sankey has an effect that uses the same principle, only he does it with a square they have to sign in.

it's a nice idea and good principle but I do think you're not entirely clean at the end unless you do some clean up work.

other than that it's a great idea
Is the signed card through glass and torn and restored business card pretty easy to do?
[quote]
On 2008-02-10 04:21, cougar261084 wrote:
Well

I'm not claiming to know, but I have a pretty good idea of how it's done.

I think the concept is not entirely new since jay sankey has an effect that uses the same principle, only he does it with a square they have to sign in.

it's a nice idea and good principle but I do think you're not entirely clean at the end unless you do some clean up work.

other than that it's a great idea
[/quote]

You're totallly clean at the end - both cards can be examined.

See, this is possible because of the the length of time Steve has spent honing it. It hasn't been rushed to market - it's been in development for years and that will become obvious once you fully understand the method and the principles.

I know you'll think this is a biased opinion but I am just in absolute awe of the 'rounded edges' that Steve's routine has. It has no 'corners' but rather, it 'spirals' gracefully to it's utterly devastating climax. It's so well constructed that I don't believe there is much that could be done to improve it.

Workers - prepare to meet your new 'gig-getter'!

Dave.
[quote]
On 2008-02-10 07:07, cardlover wrote:
Is the signed card through glass and torn and restored business card pretty easy to do?
[/quote]

I would say they are very easy and if you have basic skills, you should be fine.

As far as card thru glass, I have them sign the front and back of the card and tell them to check and make sure the ink doesen't come off,thus they have examined the card to the extreme and as far as how the effect looks, they confirm that the card is theirs and while keeping it face up and never leaving their sight, you hold it above the table and slam it on to the glass and with no cover what so ever, it simply melts right through and since the card stays face up, they know even as it's still falling that it is indeed their signed card and if you want, give it to them as a reminder of what they saw.

I think people who get this is really gonna like this one for how visual, direct and easy it is and I promise, when you do it, people are simply speachless.

Im hoping people come away feeling they learned quite a bit and that all the effects are for the real world with no filler.

Steve

PS On the dvd Thru and through is not signed front and back, but there are no changes in handling what so ever to do so.
Just ordered mine along with o'connel wallet (small).. can't wait!!.. thank you steve for releasing such a great material to the magic society.
Kent,

The O'Connel Wallet is simply great!
Hi Steve,

I just ordered your DVD from the Hank Lee's today! I'm very, very excited and intrigued by what you are about to unleash on the magic fraternity! I have an inkling of what the Casanova Concept might be, but judging from what others are saying, I just now I will be blown away.

Now, regarding the card through glass, can this be adapted to a window, or does it have to be a table?

Regards,

Evikshin
Evikshin

Sure hope your happy with the purchase.

Yes it can be adapted with some minor changes.

Of course structure and routining are just as important as the tools we use to create a deep mystery and hope people like that aspect of the routines as well.

Sincerely,

Steve
I ordered mine today as well. I can't wait until it comes. It looks awesome. Compared to Daniel Madison's Breach, what does your card through glass look like?

Jeff
I posted above what it looks like.

Hope that helps,

Steve
I was talking to Paul Harris about Casanova only a little while ago and he had more to add about it...he mentioned that the raw idea that this is based on has popped up here and there in various effects. Years ago Paul had even toyed with the basic idea but didn't come up with anything noteworthy.

In Paul's opinion, what makes Casanova really catch on fire is Steve's new structure, combined with the double signatures.....
Jason, thanks for sharing Paul's thoughts with us. Paul's critical eye looks for those special moments that "astonish" and his input means allot.

I watched a clip of this again and I'm at a loss at how it's accomplished. I can only imagine what the spectator will feel.

If I had come up with this, I would have NEVER released it. Or, I would have done $1000 a head workshops to learn it.
Thanks guys.

For
PaulHarris, which
doesen't know me from adam to say such a nice thing, leaves me speachless.
What does the t&r business card look like? I might have interest in this in and of itself, but I don't do card to wallet...

Paul h.
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 09:29, Paul h. wrote:
What does the t&r business card look like? I might have interest in this in and of itself, but I don't do card to wallet...

Paul h.
[/quote]

Well you don't need a wallet to do this one. Its quite easy and all self contained.
Well..I got the DVD. And it's wonderful. The DVD has great routines and gets your head spinning on how you'll add you're own touches. It would have been fine if this was a one trick pony. But, it isn't. Magicians are going to have a field day coming up routnes.

I'm impressed with Steve's concept and with how well the DVD was done. Sometimes we see a "miracle" on a demo clip and then get the product and go "that's it?" and relazie we were had because the demo cut away during key moves. Not so with this product. What you see, is what you get: a Miracle!

Every serious Magician dreams of having at least some time in their life where they create a miracle and advance the art of magic a little further up the road. Steve Haynes had it with the Casanova concept.
Glad you liked it Christopher and thank you so much for the kind words.

Steve
I was enthused about this as anyone else, and I showed a couple of my non-magician friends the demo, in hopes of their usual dropped jaws...but what I got was the complete opposite. They believed they knew how the whole effect was done. Obviously they weren't 100% right, but in their minds they were convinced enough on how to do 90% of it that they weren't intrigued by the 10% they were unsure of. Any opinion of this?
[quote]
On 2008-02-16 01:38, bryanlonden wrote:
I was enthused about this as anyone else, and I showed a couple of my non-magician friends the demo, in hopes of their usual dropped jaws...but what I got was the complete opposite. They believed they knew how the whole effect was done. Obviously they weren't 100% right, but in their minds they were convinced enough on how to do 90% of it that they weren't intrigued by the 10% they were unsure of. Any opinion of this?
[/quote]

That's interesting. There can be all sorts of explanations or speculations as to why the trailer didn't excite them or blow them away.

Sometimes even performing for people you know isn't the best barometer for how an effect will go over for a lay audience. I wouldn't use friends that have seen your magic be your guide. Friends go from being open to Astonishment ( thank you Mr. Harris ) to trying to figure out how it's done.

Just my opionion.
Just got my copy,I agree wonderful effect,I'm sure I will be able to incorporate this with my WOW trick.They will see their two signed cards clearly in the deck, then one will appear in the WOW wallet.
Bryan, while the demo looks great, I seriously believe this is an effect which the lay person must experience first hand.

Don't know why your friends were underwhelmed as the effect is a friggin' miracle. But maybe because they weren't involved in the effect first hand, they lost track of things and thought stuff happened that didn't.

I also think that as magicians, we shouldn't show lay people most magic demos. It's a poor way to judge how they will respond to an effect as they are removed from the experience. Magic demos are pretty much meant for us to gage how we might like a product, not to fool lay people. Plus, why would you how something online to people you might want to performer for?
You can show a demo if the Magcian shows a can of soda and BAM it changes into a chicken. But to show a "routine" like Casanova which has multiple phases, it doesn't play like it does in person with THEIR signature.
[quote]
On 2008-02-16 06:37, cardbiker wrote:
Just got my copy,I agree wonderful effect,I'm sure I will be able to incorporate this with my WOW trick.They will see their two signed cards clearly in the deck, then one will appear in the WOW wallet.
[/quote]

that's a fantastic idea cardbiker.

I also do something like your talking about(they see their two signed cards clearly in the deck))and in the end, the spectator is sitting on one, while I'm sitting on the other and we both stay in our seats.

Good thinking cardbiker.

Steve

Steve
Thanks Christopher and Steve for the feedback. It really does make sense, especially the comparison of the quick visual throwaway effect (soda to chicken) and a routine like this. That's why I love this forum; so much good feedback.

And Steve, I was referring to a couple of my closest friends, who usually critique me and my magic. They're definately not my main audience, as I'm more tailored to performing magic for people I just met, and whenever I have time again, table hopping at a restaurant.

Thanks a lot,
Bryan
[quote]
[/quote]
yeah you right, I just show the demo to my friend and they shout "it use duplicate !, can spectator who pick a card and make a circle at card ?" actually I don't have this dvd but my friend statement is flying around in my head, so I would like to ask you guys who has this dvd
it is using duplicate ??
can spectator pick a card and make a circle at card ??
if the answer is different from what I'm thinking, man I will buy this dvd

thank's
Can the spectator use their own deck, be in a different state and have this performed over the phone? If so, I'm going to buy two more DVD's.

Anyway...back to the real world....

Thru and Through ( SIGNED card through glass ) could have been released as a single item.

I'm in awe of this DVD and the thinking Steve put into creating The Casanova concept. Dave Forrest did a great job performing and expalining the effects and his enthusiasm for the concept shines through.
I watched the DVD and Steve Haynes's Casanova Concept really blows me away!!!
In addition to Rip Trip, and The Casanova Closer, I'm also really really adoring the Homing On Easy Street effect! No memorized deck required, sweet :) Like Christopher, I'll appreciate and cherish the thinking behind the Casanova Concept!
Owen Packard and Dave Forrest are a pair of dynamic duo and the sense of humor they exude is great! The video quality is top notch! Cheers!
[quote]
On 2008-02-16 21:53, drambended wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]
yeah you right, I just show the demo to my friend and they shout "it use duplicate !, can spectator who pick a card and make a circle at card ?" actually I don't have this dvd but my friend statement is flying around in my head, so I would like to ask you guys who has this dvd
it is using duplicate ??
can spectator pick a card and make a circle at card ??
if the answer is different from what I'm thinking, man I will buy this dvd

thank's
[/quote]

Those are all moot points that you make. If you are confident AND creative performer, you can EASILY think of patter or presentational concepts which wipe out any doubt in the spectator's mind.
Evolve629 and evilskin,

so glad you like it and hope it gets your creative juices flowing.

Steve
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (Feb 18, 2008 05:30PM)
This is the sort of item that inspires for playful applications like turning a signed card to pocket into a running gag. Yup, it's back in the pocket. And they they can pick the pocket...

Very clever idea in this product.
Is this anything like VDP?
I got this and to me...card thru glass was worth more than the purchase price.

Im not that experienced, but this is super easy and looks as real as I have seen.
Thank you cardlover, I'm glad you like it.

Steve
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 19, 2008 06:15PM)
Sounds tempting . . . .where is my credit card?
[quote]
On 2008-02-19 19:15, Andy the cardician wrote:
Sounds tempting . . . .where is my credit card?
[/quote]
Here are some credit card slogans-
My life. My card.
Long Live Dreams.
American Express. Do More.
Make Life Rewarding.
Do You Know Me?
Don't Leave Home Without It.
The Businessman's Passport.

I say -- My Magic. My Card. Do Casanova - Don't Leave Home Without It!
This sounds very interesting.

What is the restictions on this? Do you need to build a gimmick and can you just incorporate this into your normal set of bikes? What are the setups like, how impromptu, from a shuffled deck? etc?

Thanks
Im waiting for this one, how is the T&R business card? Can't wait...

Paul h.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 20, 2008 10:32AM)
Money, money, money . . . must be funny . . . .
Venus, the necessary gimmicks can easily be added or removed from your normal deck. Some of the effects require more set up than others. Depends on what you want to do. This is a very, very versatile principle!
Must comment here that Steve's invention is superb and if you can't fry 'em with this, time to quit magic!! I am extremely impressed with this release. In fact as many of you know I do a lot of Beta testing and professional reviews for various people and would love to add BBM and Steve to my list.

100% "A" class release and highly recommended.

Cheers,
Al
I just got this today and it is absolutely incredible and deserves every bit of praise itís received here so far.

I couldnít help but think that if this trick had been released by Ellusionist or Theory11 there would have been a minimum of 6 months hype built up on it with a big contest and every kid from CA to FL would be putting up youtube vids of it by now. Toss in the creativity and originality of this routine and it blows away any other single card trick Iíve seen released from any site. Iím so excited to start performing this but I want to have it down PAT before I start.

Fortunately, that wonít take too long because there isnít anything tough about the trick. Most of my prep time will be on presentation, patter, etc.

As far as the comments about the specs not seeming to be that blown away. Everyone reacts differently. If they had taken a video camera on the street in Vegas, Iím sure they would have had a ton of over the top reactions from people watching this that they could have chosen from. I like to see those reactions like everyone else but it also shows a level of integrity that BBM is willing to let the power of the routine speak for itself.

Mike
Okay so I am a little confused by the wallet needed. I placed my order for the Casanova Concept yesterday, and I ordered a Mullica wallet as well. Does the Mullica wallet work well with this, or should I have bought something else?
A Mullica is fine and when you get it, you should be able to put your own spin on it with just about any wallet.

Hope you enjoy it.

Steve
Al Straker and rockwall (Mike)

Thank you for the kind words and enthusiasm.

Sincerely

Steve Haynes
My bad english gives me a hard time with understanding,will we need to use card to wallet function of out magic wallets? I use my kaps on fire wallet as my everyday wallet and I wonder if its alright as it isn't a Mullica as far as I know.
You can use the Kaps with no problem what so ever and no change in your handling.

Just so everyone knows, almost any card to wallet you now perform will work and the only reason the Mullica is mentioned so much is because that is the type I happen to use.

Steve
I'd just like to add my 2 cents to the growing pile of spare change :)

The Casanova concept DVD is a very well put together product - there really is something for everyone here. For those who like to learn a trick, practise it and perform it, there are several very strong, very practical tricks taught. I only wish I ever performed anywhere near a glass topped table! For those who are looking to add something special to their existing routines, there is plenty of flexibility in the material shown. And finally for the creative minds out there, there is the brilliant idea underpinning the whole thing that can be experimented with to your heart's content.

The concept behind the DVD is very refreshing - showcasing an idea in several different forms is a great way to get you thinking about the possibilities. I would imagine that if you took any one trick from the DVD there would be the usual divide - those that will use it, and those that won't. But to show so many different applications, from the heavy setups to the almost nonexistant setups, means that its much more likely to make its way into your repertoire.

The idea itself is truely original, practical and thought provoking. I have a theory that all really good ideas come with bonuses attached - and the casanova concept is no exception. At several points the routines include some really nice handling touches that will make you smile.

All in all, a great piece of work that deserves all the praise it gets. Well done Steve Haynes!
It's been touched on but I just wanted to also say how much fun this DVD is to watch. Owen Packard and Dave Forrest are obviously having a lot of fun demonstrating the concept and are a hoot to watch. I was laughing my a** off watching the two of them. It also comes through big time how impressed they both are with the idea and how happy they are to be able to not only demo it but to be able to add it to thier own packet of tricks.

Mike
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (Feb 21, 2008 10:37PM)
Owen alone is worth the price of the admission.
I just received this and I'm really impressed with the thinking behind Steve's Casanova Closer. Casanova Closer could have been the only effect on the DVD, and I would have still felt like I got my moneys worth. This is a very polished routine and I can tell a lot of thought was put into Casanova Closer. It is one of the cleanest card to wallets I've seen and for those of you wondering, yes, you end clean.

There are other great ideas on the DVD that have been generously added using the Casanova Concept, including a clever card through glass. For those of you that don't own a gimmicked wallet, there is an ungimmicked wallet version, which I liked as well. Dave Forrest and Owen make the DVD fun to watch and I found the explanations to be very clear. Overall, Steve Hayne's Casanova Concept is a top-notch DVD, and if this is the type of material we can expect from him, then I'm really looking forward to what else he'll be releasing to the magic community.
I've just ordered mine along with BBM's Omega Mutation DVDs... I almost feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. I can't wait.

Just a tip guys (and gals), consider joining BBM's mailing list as they give their members some great offers... and no I'm not associated with them in any way, I'm just a happy customer.

Vince
Is this workable for strolling? How quick and easy is the reset? Would I need several decks set-up in advance to do this strolling? Thanks, Chuck
This is an excellent concept, and all the variations are equally strong (card thru glass, homing card, card to non-gimmicked wallet). Great production, great value. I wish all dvds were like this.

Brian
Chuck, you can definitely do the effects in a strolling situation. You don't need a bunch of different decks. You might want to add some cards to your deck for reset simply because you use two per effect. This is great for strolling!
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

MAGICSEEN magazine has a review of Casanova this month and I'm happy to say, a darn good one. :)

Steve
I bought the dvd at the Blackpool magic convention.

It was touted as a new idea.

An hour after watching the Geoffry Durham lecture I watched this DVD.

I was surprised to see this 'new' concept had just been used by Geoffry in his magic square routine. Indeed he has been doing it for a while.

So not exactly a new concept. Just a new use for an old idea.
It's not just the method, it's the degree of thinking behind all of the routines. The structure, the motivation, the naturalness of the moves. It would be hard to improve on Steve's thorough work.
The signed card through table is AMAZING!!! And who woudl have thought you could utilize dog hair that way?
[quote]
On 2008-03-05 10:21, Alan Rorrison wrote:
The signed card through table is AMAZING!!! And who woudl have thought you could utilize dog hair that way?
[/quote]

and it works with cat hair as well! But snake or lizard hair will not?
Move ALONG.... Their is NOTHING to see here... No I mean it go away its MINE ALLLL MINE
PLEASE be careful guys, someone did this with a frogs hair and the spectator croaked!

Also, you can do it with a signed business card as well and then go directly into rip trip.

Best,

Steve
AND THE CHEESY JOKE OF THE WEEK AWARD GOES TO................................................................STEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVEEEEEEEEEEE

lol nice one mate
Thanks for the award Alan...I deserve it!

lol
VERY VERY GOOD PIECE OF MAGIC!! =) I love this routine.. simple direct and magical.. couldn't get any better...

steve haynes - I wrote you a pm.. about this effect..

cheers

kent
Thanks Kent for the pm/kind words.

Steve
Casanova Concept by Steve Haynes
Released By Big Blind Media
Performed and Taught By David Forrest.

I guess I will start with a personal note. This DVD, and the effects taught on it are amazing. I not only found myself loving every effect, but also found myself wondering how the hell someone comes up with something like this. A must have DVD.

The production, sound and editing was great, and Owen and David keep you well entertained. The teaching is of a very high standard, and taught in great detail. I also like the fact, that while Steve could not be there to film it, his pictures were shown through-out the DVD, and his name mentioned every 10 seconds (joking). Really made you feel as though Steve was there and part of the production.

The Casanova Closer is a real strong effect, and you will find out why it is a closer. A spectator signs 2 cards. One is put in their wallet the other in the deck. You open your wallet to show the signed card that was lost in the deck only moments ago. If that wasnít enough, you repeat the effect, only this time the card you remove from your wallet is the one that should be in the spectators wallet, and the card in the spectators wallet, is the one they just seen you holding only a few seconds ago. TRULY STUNNING!!!

Thru and Through is a face up card through glass table that will stun anyone you show this to, and I mean anyone. Do I need to hype this effect up? It is a face up signed card through glass table, what more do you want lol. VISUALLY STUNNING!!!

Rip Torn is a business card Torn and Restore effect with a kicker, the signed section is in open and plain view the entire time of the ripping sequence. A nice little effect to do to give out your business card, and trust me, they will remember you after doing this effect.

Homing on Easy Street has you having a signed card that is lost in the deck appear in your pocket not once but twice under the craziest open conditions. You even pull the card out of your pocket with the face out. AMAZING!!!

Stroller Controller A card is selected and signed front and back, then lost in the deck. You cleanly retrieve the card from your pocket, showing you had it in there before the card was even selected and signed. EERIE!!!

It has been awhile since I have reviewed anything, and I am glad that I purchased this DVD. It is well worth not only the price, but the powerful effects that fill this DVD. I strongly recommend this DVD to anyone looking to not only perform well thought out routines, but also perform very powerful magical moments for your spectators.

Thanks for releasing this Steve,

Jeremy Hanrahan
I have just ordered this! I don't usually like buying other people's material anymore but this one really caught my eye. I will write a review on it as soon as I have watched the DVD through (I know that there are already many reviews but I have a feeling that this is going to be great). I have high hopes for this! Waiting anxiously...
Sh3ldon
Thanks Jeremy.

KazarSh3ldon, I hope you like it.

Steve
Killer, killer, killer!!!
This DVD is truly amazing. It's tied for the best DVD I own.
With all the hype, no one seems to have spotted that the basic idea goes back to a Bro Hamman trick; and Sadowitz has work on it in the Crimp.
MAGICSEEN magazine has a review and can be seen at http://www.bigblindmedia.com

Also onlinevisions just put up a review as well.

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0711casanova.html

Best,

Steve
El Mystico, no one is saying that the basic concept hasn't been explored before. Just not in this way.
Has anyone ever been caught with this???
The DVD arrived today and after watching it I felt somewhat nostalgic. It took me back to when I was four years old and it was Christmas day. Oh what joy!! I am unable to articulate the emotions that this DVD provoked.

Okay enough! First Thank you Steve for this wonderful idea. For you skeptics out there, read the "Casanova Closer" a few times over and try to understand what is being said.
To Ritty360 when I have performed this to a few people I will tell you what they think, and if they find this effect believable.
To my mum I will get the eggs later.

Mini review (things that people forgot to mention and other random thoughts - in list form):
- They forgot to mention the cover for the DVD is cool as heck!
- "Steve is actually this small (fingers simulating the size of an eraser)".... hilarious duo!
- The effect is way too strong for this day and age.
- The quality was excellent.
- The explanations are explained spot on.
- If you are contemplating over whether or not to buy this as I said before read the "Casanova Closer" again.
- There is more than enough stuff on the DVD to get you started.
- And once again thank you Steve.

I give this a 9/10... why not 10? Because now every time I perform the "Casanova Closer" I wont be able to do another effect afterwards. Steve have you been hid under a rock? Rhetorical question.

Sh3ldon
No in my basment CHAINED UP MWHAHAHAHAH
Oh and I forgot to say PROPS to you David Forrest for such great performances... you are a legend!
Ixnay66, magicman4646 and zarSh3ldon thanks a mill for the kind words.

Just so people know, you can do the Casanova Closer ending without any wallets at all, with very little thought and it works fine as a quick and direct transposition also and is a good way to test it, but I think most people who work this will want to make it a full routine for the simple fact, it's so easy to do so.

Ok, back to the Basement! :)

Steve
Casanova Closer uses a clever gimmick that is easy to make. Once the gimmick is ready, you are all set to perform with any deck of cards. The entire effect is very well & very carefully structured for a jaw dropping finale. Unless you know the secret, it is impossible to believe that one gimmicked card can create an impossible transposition that just kills.

[quote]
On 2008-03-16 14:08, Cameron Francis wrote:
El Mystico, no one is saying that the basic concept hasn't been explored before. Just not in this way.
[/quote]

And Cameron Francis has rightly said that [b]the basic concept has NOT been explored in THIS WAY![/b]

[b]Casanova Closer[/b] is a very nice real world effect. The gimmick concept can be put to other uses as well.

Just the way I view the effect! ;)

:xmas:
For anyone interested in getting some more info on the CASANOVA CONCEPT DVD, check out the 5/5 Magicseen Magazine review at

http://www.bigblindmedia.com/assets/PDF/Magicseen_CassanovaReview_Mar08.pdf

woo!
Cameron , when you wrote: "no one is saying that the basic concept hasn't been explored before," don't you think the fact that the DVD cover describes this as "Steve Haynes' Casanova Concept", and it is described as his "creation" gives exactly this impression? If I started talking about "Cameron Frances' Mona Lisa" and describing it as your concept, I would rightly get pulled up for it.

to be fair, the DVD does have a credits section on it, so some attempt was made to look into the history; my point is more that, given the enthusiasm for this concept, it is odd that no one seems to have spotted its predecesors!
El Mystico, Ill take an art field here as I think you have. It is steves concept an idea with the tool provided. Look at it as a great painter developing a new style or concept in a painting. He did not invent the canvase or brushes But he took the old tools to a whole new level and created his own system and concepts with them. I don't know if that will make sense, It does in my head
Oh, the finished "painting" - signed card to spectator's wallet, is a lovely idea, and, as far as I know, without precedent.

It's just that the DVD isn't called Casanova Closer. It's called Steve Haynes' Casanova Concept.

I can see that the people who put the DVD together tried to get the credits straight.

I'm not having a go at anyone; I'm just surprised that none of the erudite people on this forum recognised that the concept was not new; it's a shame that no credit had been given to Hamman or Sadowitz. And it's a pity that some people seem to be trying to deny that credit now.
I don't think anyone is trying to deny anything, but it's more, they simply don't know of the work your speaking of.

Crediting is very important to me and if we missed someone, they have my deepest
apologies.
Sending you a pm.

For all the folks that have this, play around with doing the card thru glass with a business card and doing rip trip with a playing card and so on, as the dvd was put together in a way for people to get the most out of it.

Steve
I love this dvd!
Thanks cardlover, glad your enjoying it.

Steve
Just received this dvd and I'm sorry I realise this is a late post and I'm about to bring up only what has been said before but here goes...

I am absoloutly in love with the Casanova Closer and hope that very few people hear about this dvd for my own reasons 'i want to be the only one performing this in my area' not much to ask but simple enough. I must admit I too have toyed with this idea once before and gave up on it pretty quickly I would have gladly paid triple for this dvd as it is completely worth it keep up the good work my haynes...have you got anything else up your sleeves? only a true proffesional will understand the impact this leaves on people (including magicians).

luke

p.s. I understand the issue with crediting however enough has been done on the dvd to justify it in it's own right. steve may have touched on what others have in the past but he has just invented the wheel as the others couln't cope

by the way has anyone toyed with any more applications of the concept? any new routines?
Daviaac

Thank you very much.

Steve
Here are a couple of clips I sent BBM totaly uncut for those interested.

All the routines have something that make them unique, so I hope you enjoy these.

The first is the way I do Closer, the second is something that uses part of the method that happens to be used in Closer on the dvd.

These were one shot takes on an old camera, so please remember that while viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qIXo_ibqMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSgkHDuLIpg&feature=related

Also, here is a link to a production I put together caled the Dirty Dozen, which has been re structured since this clip, so if anyone is interested, I may put the final production up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQ7ru3Aqdws
Best,

Steve
Ahhh okokok you got me...

just ordered... :)

Eric
Thanks Eric

Hope you enjoy it.

Best,

Steve
Awesome DVD! Thumbs up! As always, quality materials from BBM!

Thanks for releasing it Steve! Loved it totally!

By the way, is the wallet used by David in the DVD the JOL Plus Wallet (Small)? or (Large)?

Cheers!
I loved this DVD as well!!! Just wonderful. I really can not recommend this enough. I reworked it a little to use a hip pocket Mullica. Works great and people flip.

Tim
How long will the gimmick last and is it something you can replace without buying the whole effect again?
The gimmick is something you make yourself so you wouldn't ever have to buy something again. The gimmick that you make is very easy to make and will also last for many, many performances.
[quote]
On 2008-05-10 04:19, feifei wrote:
Awesome DVD! Thumbs up! As always, quality materials from BBM!

Thanks for releasing it Steve! Loved it totally!

By the way, is the wallet used by David in the DVD the JOL Plus Wallet (Small)? or (Large)?
Cheers!
(quote)

feifei
Glad you enjoyed it.

The wallet used was the small no palm version.

Tim and Rockwall

Thanks to you also, it means alot.

Best,

Steve
Message: Posted by: Jonathan Townsend (May 21, 2008 06:53PM)
Thanks for posting that card to wallet clip - just watched it again today - still brings a smile :)
Thanks Jonathan.

It was fun sending you the clip and glad you enjoyed it.

Steve
Oh No! Not another review!!!
I'll start by letting you know that I don't usually buy every DVD as soon as it's released. I'll size it up by looking at these kinds of reviews; to me...the opinions expressed here on the Cafť' are usually more accurate than the hype on the box or web site. And after all, do I really need another card trick? However, the Casanova Concept demo looked so strong. Still I'll admit I was hesitant as I waited for it to arrive. I almost expected to be disappointed; it's so rare something this good comes along. And yet, maybe this time...

Well??? I was not disappointed this time.
Here's the skinny...the work here is outright BRILLIANT!!! (Thanks Steve!)
The teaching - in depth, and yet humorous. (Thanks Dave & Owen!)
BBM Style - Current and savvy, a quality production with decent music, which is a real plus. (Thanks BBM)

I will echo what has been already stated by someone else earlier, and that is..."what you've seen on the demo is exactly what you get". This really IS more of a concept, than just a one trick pony. If you'll give it the practice it deserves, you'll be performing an effect that is as close to a miracle as it gets, and when finished your clean...ready for the next table.
Again the work, when used in the "card through glass" effect is also incredible.

BTW- Dave's right! You had better close with this and leave, because nothing else will top it.

-Dave
I think it's appropriate to mention one more thing. I had some questions about CC, so I PM'd Steve. He was responded quickly, and was very helpful. Good luck with future offerings. My personal thanks Steve!
-Dave
I have this...but there is few illogical things that IMHO is not straight forward, such as why you have to sign the name inside a circle...but I might be wrong...since I tend to stop thinking to soon....I believe if I give this CC more tought and Time...I will be able to deivse more Straight Forward Approach...but hey..that's just me...overall .....the CC is Clever and Devilish
Thanks Dave (MeHitDrum) and mesmer for the kind words.

Here are two old clips.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtgUO8d4a_0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qIXo_ibqMs

Steve
It has been suggested that there is no reason to draw the small circles on the card and it's a clue to the method. So, why not do it with ESP Cards? Either Circles or Squares will work. Yes, you will need to adjust some things.

Dennis Loomis
It has been done with ESP cards by Jerry Sadowitz in Sadowitz transpo on crimp 54 according to latest magic magazine.
To korttihai_82,
Thanks for letting us know. I was unaware of it and wonder which can first, the Casanova Concept of the Sadowitz idea.

Dennis Loomis
Steve Haynes is a worker and has performed this for years. I doubt anyone ever "guessed" the method. More likely they were too busy picking their jaws up off the ground.

I think Paul Harris says it best:

"Every ten years or so a paradigm popping concept of pure power filters through into this dimension with the potential to re-shape a chunk of the astonishment landscape. Steve Haynes' "Casanova Closer" is one of those long awaited pieces of strange. If you're doing any effect that involves signed cards moving from here to there, changing places or appearing in impossible locations...you may want to ponder the the possibility of super charging it with Casanova."
Thanks Christopher.

As far as part of the method that happens to be used on the DVD I give credit on the DVD to someone that used said part long before the names mentioned here with his initials being S.B.

quote]
On 2008-02-10 18:42, Jason Messina wrote:
I was talking to Paul Harris about Casanova only a little while ago and he had more to add about it...he mentioned that the raw idea that this is based on has popped up here and there in various effects. Years ago Paul had even toyed with the basic idea but didn't come up with anything noteworthy.

In Paul's opinion, what makes Casanova really catch on fire is Steve's new structure, combined with the double signatures.....
[/quote]

Casanova Closer is the routine that is the most unique because of the double signatures and what is possible using such a strategy with proper structure and that is what the concept is really all about.

The other routines were put on the DVD to give more value to the customer and are routines I use all the time.(card thru glass table truly freaks people as they see the face up signed card several inches above the table and it simply melts right through and is extremly straightforward and direct)

Using the double signatures allow you to do what you could do if you could duplicate a spectators signature for real and it leaves you clean at the beginning and the end with both cards givin to the spectator at the end.

I wanted to be able to hand out cards very freely and have the spectator sign them without having to hold on to them and then ask the to rub the cards to make sure the ink does not come off, thus they have examined the cards very closely and since they do so, they are 100% sold and at the end of the routine, you give those same cards to keep at the end.

I am extremly picky about what I perform and when I'm about to perform Casanova Closer, I get a rush, because I know what the reaction is going to be and hundreds of people are talking about their signed card appearing in their wallet, that was in their back pocket that I truly never touched.

This truly is something I love and want to thank everyone of you for your kind words and interest.

Best,

Steve
Finally got this. WOW the casanova closer is worth at least double the price of the DVD.I've now got to get the wallet, but in my opinion it will be oh so worth it.
Thanks trickytrav

Glad you like it.
Hi all I just wanted to pass on my Idea that I use for Casanova Concept, this is for people who canít draw a circle those who own it will know what I mean.

The story.
Like most Magicians we like to draw and write neat, for this trick the secret is in the pen and my old uncle Samís coin, this is a 2p Coin my uncle gave me some years ago I never found a use for it until I started doing Magic. I am unable to draw a circle on a card it always comes out like a star gone wrong, so now I use my Uncle Samís coin. I think itís magic strange thing happen when I use this coin .... etc etc

I am not going to go into why I use the coin the owners of this DVD will know why but I though I would share.

I give Casanova Concept 4/5 well done Steve . Lots can be done with this effect I am sure we will see lots of performances come from this idea.

Take care all
Nice touch Mr Deck and thanks for sharing.

Something I would like to share, is when doing an effect with one signed card, use a fine tip sharpi and have the spectator draw a face on the stickman, such as eye's,nose, lips closed or teeth showing,mustache and so on.

This validates the card as much as their initials do and feel some may like this little touch.

The effect is just as strong either way, but having them create the face, makes the effect fresh and unique,compared to other signed card effects and can be used for other signed card effects also.

I use stick figures most of the time, with Casanova Closer having a stickman on one card and a stick woman on the other, as it adds a bit (in my mind) to the effect.

Here is a link I posted earlier, with one signed card for anyone that missed it and uses the spectators initials, but could have been done with them making a face as mentioned above. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qIXo_ibqMs

Thanks again,

Steve
Hi Guys I love the stick man Idea, when I watched the DVD it gave me an instant idea.

I have a 7 year old stepson over the years has collected 1000's of stickers some come in sheets of about 50, I get the speck to select a sticker, lets say a Smiley face to add to the stick man. The I explain for the card to be found anywhere I must have X number of cards (relate that to how many stickers you have) so the chances of a duplicate is 10000 -1

If you don't have that many stickers as them to add a beard or moustache all for the fun.

Take care all
PS Take care when doing this with students they try to calculate the odds lol
Hello guys,

I bought this a few weeks ago from BBM and am really pleased with it. For those of you who haven't bought it and are considering doing so what might now convince you is that http://www.magictricks.co.uk are now selling it for £7! well under half price.

Cheers,
Mark
Well this has been around for a long time now, so guys...

What are the reactions like?

Im assuing that this DVD everyone is so excited about isn't just explaining how to cut a hole in a card?

Jon Hackett
?
I'm guessing that there's probably people talking about the reactions they've had with this in the previous 5 pages of posts?

If not, then I don't think my opinion alone will sway you - but this is a killer effect that increases the impact of the already 'closer' card to wallet and multiplies it ten fold, and at practically no extra work.

Basically, if you do card to wallet, there is NO reason you shouldn't be adding this to your act... I think its the strongest effect for laypeople that I've added to my routine for years.

The handling and routining is first class, and light years ahead of the similar, vague uses of this kind of method.

For the money, this is spot on - in my opinion.
To be honest Liam, I read the whole thread just yesterday, and because everyone reviewed it as soon as they recieved it it is allot of very helpful opinions on what everyone seems to think is a magnificent effect.

But, no one actually pronounced (except for steve of course!) any of the reactions they've had, so I was wondering what the real workers view on this was.

Thanks allot for your words, its great to see that this is SO strong, and what a shame its so rare that we get effects like this released, and comparatively this had NO hype and yet evidentley is one of the strongest effects released in recent times.

Mines on order!

Jon Hackett
Can anyone help me out?
I'm wondering can you use the card to wallet royal (link)
http://www.penguinmagic.com/specialorderproduct.php?ID=6858
to accomplish the casanova closer instead of the ***l**a wallet?

(casanova concept dvd is awesome:D)
I don't do this trick, but a friend of mine does, and I've seen him do it a number of times. It's absolutely killer. BTW, rather than trying to use circles, he uses triangles. Much easier!
This is something Ive only had for a short time and I love it. Just wanted to thank Steve if he's out there for allowing me to do such mind blowing magic. best trick Ive ever seen.

Also all the post have helped to offer a few new ideas to play with.

Cheers to all and man love to Steve
WOW I bought this when it first came out, then being in the military got a little busy. This thread just made me go into my closet.
Just a heads-up, MJM and Big Blind Media both have a downloadable version of this for 99 cents right now. Well worth the investment!