(Close Window)
Topic: PEA?
What's the deal with this group? I've heard good and indifferent comments ... Nothing too bad.
Is the group hard to join? (I've heard it is) Is it worth joining? What are the pro's and con's? Any members on the Café?
Thanks .. this is a serious post.
Dave
Very hard to get in. They are very serious guys. Don't even joke about this group.
This is a serious post ... No Joking.
Pretty much impossible.
There are some members on the Café. I am not going to name names though. Sorry. I would rather they approach you.

It is relatively expensive. More than IBM and SAM. They have a website. I don't know the address, but you can find it on google. Just look for PEA.
I believe that prospective members must demonstrate their commitment
by driving around without their headlights on.

The first car to flash their lights back at them
must be followed untill cornered

the occupants must then be subjected to
64 variations of the Magic Square,
anything by TA Waters and a reading of the complete works of JIS

if both occupants and applicant survive, their case may be considered by the council
Slim, I have an application that somebody sent me a while ago.

I think you should go for it. I never applied, just sort of forgot about it. I know some great mentalists that are members there.

PM me if you need info on the application proccess.

As with any group, it's great if you can learn from it, but we all must beware the negative effects of "analysis paralysis"

DT3

Sorry if that seemed pedantic, but that, as I understand, is the reason Jon Riggs resigned from the PEA.
DT3, sorry if I'm going to be pedantic but

I think your understanding of why a person joined or resigned from any group, or in fact their status in that group at all, should probably be left to the person concerned, as so far it only shows your lack of understanding.

bb
[quote]
On 2008-02-10 03:29, bubbleburst2004 wrote:

I think your understanding of why a person joined or resigned from any group, or in fact their status in that group at all, should probably be left to the person concerned, as so far it only shows your lack of understanding.

bb
[/quote]

Word, especially that last bit.
And the personal attacks begin again....:(
Get off the negativity horse will you?
It just makes you look like a loser with no life of your own to be concerned about. I'm not saying you ARE that, just that it makes you APPEAR to be like that. Ok? Ok.

Back ON TOPIC.

What I know about the PEA is that they have some of the best working pros as members, some of the best creators, and it is hard to get in.
I had a piece published in the last newsletter (through friend who is a member), so maybe I could get in off the back of that. I don't know until I try...
But it could be worth it for the contacts you could get through being involved.
Slim, send me a PM when your box is cleaned out.
Roth says "Don't even joke about this group...pretty much impossible."

Well...sounds like a joke 'in the writing' to me. Why tarnation, I have a Mental Packet trick out! I should be eligible for Vice President!

But then I'm the guy who's never been to the Magic Castle because I don't want to buy a jacket. Rather elitist of them to require it...no?

PEA probably requires wearing Shoes. Oh well. It would be the 1,536th private club that wouldn't want me 'in' anyway. I'll stick with the derelicts here on the Café where having a 'packet trick out' offers membership in the 'snack bar'. I'll settle for being on a first name basis (till they read this) with a couple of PEA members, who probably envision me in Wing Tips rather than feet.

Since at least one of the members performs my silly effect, I'll take comfort and order another Hot Dog.

Wonder if the guy that has the Pea Can out is 'in?

Trust me...I'm serious.
Never joke about Peas.... Unless it's this one which is funny...

How do you hunt polar bears using only peas?

Go to the store and buy a can of peas. Go to the North Pole. Find a good spo and then cut a hole about 3 feet in diameter through the ice. Open the can of peas and place one about every three inches around the outside of the hole.

When a polar bear comes up to take a pea, you kick him in the icehole.
Group started by Mr. Robert Cassidy. Bob left the PEA a while back but still makes meeting of the mind lectures every so often. Most of your top mentalists are members. Every year is their meeting called the Meeting of the Minds. some former presidents Ken Weber our very own trinity etc. It has its hobbyists but also its pros. Exclusive products such as from PJ and Kross have been released through the PEA exclusively.
Actually Virungan that IS an old time CLOWN bit that was done in Rodeo and old timeMotor Sports arenas in the 1940's and 50's!

It was a typical Annoncer TO Clown Gag. I heard it many times in those venues...and even reproduced the gag when I announced a Speedway in Stockton in the 90's.

Announcer: 'Say there 'Flash' what are you up to now?'

Flash: 'I'm goin' polar Bear huntin!'

Announcer: 'You're going Polar Bear Hunting?' (The announcer would ALWAYS repeat every line of the Clown so all could hear.)

Back then it wasn't so politically correct and you could get away with murder darn near and there were many double entendre announcer/clown bits. Still done today in Rodeo. In the 40's and 50's there was the Auto Thrill Shows that used this style of 'interlude' also some race tracks.
Cool..

How about..

What's the difference between Chopped Beef Soup and Pea Soup?

Well heck.. anyone can chop beef...
You can easily find out more about this organization by visiting the [url=http://www.p-e-a.org/]P.E.A. Web site[/url]. The criteria for membership are shown in the public area of the site, along with instructions on how to apply. (I would advise against using someone else's existing application form; this is not how to begin the application process.)

Much of what has already been posted here (even aside from the attempts at humour) is simply incorrect. And for no reason. The P.E.A intentionally does not promote itself, but is hardly secretive. But it is a professional organization, and definitely [b]not[/b] a "magic club". I think that anyone who takes the time to read more than, say, 5% of the topics posted under "Penny for your Thoughts" would be unlikely to find the P.E.A. of value. There are plenty of mentalism-oriented Internet groups that would be of more interest.
One Doug's joke is another Doug's disclaimer. :) Doug if you read my post it was humor ON myself, certainly not the esteemed group of 'you guys'.

I take umbrage at the term 'attempt'. Geez...I like your stuff! I don't understand it but I like it! :)

Ya think this will affect my application?
I’d never join a club that would have me as a member...

who's taking the peas now?!
Abraxus my friend...please clear any future attempts at humor with me first. I am here to help you.

oops...I used the 'attempts' word.
Noted mr. higley sir! expect the next attempt at humour to be around the full moon this month, at approximately 20.32...

my psychic abilites are suggesting to me that it will be something to do with the words "wreck" and "tum"...
Didn't P&T expose this organization with their second season showtime opener?

--Isnot Liwok
Coupdude...that was PETA. Are you a Brit now? Drop your T's?

Abraxus: Duely noted. Full moon? Sure it's not 'Hair' and Palm'? Wait...that could cause a 'Turn' nd 'Wreck'. hmmm
Hairy palm=too much **** in hand...

that missing 4 letter word was time, you mucky minded people...
Of course it was. except in Wales, then it would be thrity six letters..
I met a few of them back at Weerd Weekend 2. I got an application, but couldn't see any real benefits to membership other than getting a newsletter (Vibrations)and being with the "in" group. I'm just not into the "group" thing.
[quote]
On 2008-02-10 03:47, kriskraze wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-02-10 03:29, bubbleburst2004 wrote:

bb
[/quote]

Word, especially that last bit.
[/quote]

He was very open about this on a DVD release and has intimated the same on other occassions.
John Riggs also has comments about leaving the PEA on his website. I also wonder why he left a group that is supposed to be so regarded...
Aside: John Rigg's has a cool silver Green Lantern Power Ring he sports in his videos too. Great Guardians! I am hoping Tomar Re and Katma Tui appear on his final GWFOC DVD ;)
Is there a link to John Riggs site? I can't find it on google...(Maybe that's good :) )
[quote]
On 2008-02-10 21:01, jaded wrote:
John Riggs also has comments about leaving the PEA on his website. I also wonder why he left a group that is supposed to be so regarded...
[/quote]

John has some very strong feelings on the affects of peer groups on the individual artist, he has spoken and written about this on several occasions.

Tony
A friend of mine who is a long-time member also informed me that to join, you need to have a letter of recommendation from two existing members as well as show proof of marketing materials/adverts, etc. that show you are legit.
John's reasons were his own. The same as my reasons for not renewing my membership with the IBM was my own.

If you would like to know more regarding the PEA see Doug Dyment's post.
I renew my PEA membership every year for the past 10 years.
The best group I know !

Lior
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 09:42, Lior wrote:
I renew my PEA membership every year for the past 10 years.
The best group I know !

Lior
[/quote]

You must have joined about the time I departed the PEA...
[quote]
On 2008-02-10 22:18, Samuel Catoe wrote:
If you would like to know more regarding the PEA see Doug Dyment's post.
[/quote]

Regarding the PEA, Doug is a company man and toes the line on their behalf... To understand why the likes of me, Riggs, Erskine and others have departed the PEA in years past/present, one must seek all answers and not the company line...
Doug Dymant that is....had me goin there for a minute.
I strongly object to Riley's false characterization that I am some sort of "company man [toeing] the line on ... behalf" of the PEA. I do host and manage (at no cost) their Web site, and have in the past served on their Board of Directors, but I am currently just a regular member, and my opinions are my own, neither dictated nor constrained by other people or organizations.

The P.E.A. has been a strong, vibrant organization for more than 29 years. Naturally, over that time, a (very) few members have left, not always voluntarily, and generally for personal reasons of various kinds. Such people will often have strong opinions about their departures, along with the understandable inclination to convince others that they are "in the right".

Take your information from whomever you will, but remember that there are close to 300 people, from some 20 different countries, who remain members year after year (not to mention travel round the world to the annual convention) for very good reasons.
For some, the fact that Riley G left the organisation could infer that it's not a great place to be a member of. For others, it could mean the opposite.
Concern yourselves with more important topics that speculation on the PEA its members, present or its members that have left... wasting time. wasting time wasting time
It wouldn't infer anything, but might imply something.

Rory
On the bright side, it reminded me to go buy 2 of Doug D's works I've forgotten to collect! He is a great thinker!

MEA (Mystery Entertainer Association) CULPA!
Speculation that Mr Riggs is not a PEA member is incorrect.
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 12:23, Quentin wrote:
Speculation that Mr Riggs is not a PEA member is incorrect.
[/quote]

John did resign as I did, but was asked to come back into the membership scrolls when new leadership took the helm later on...
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 11:39, kriskraze wrote:
For some, the fact that Riley G left the organisation could infer that it's not a great place to be a member of. For others, it could mean the opposite.
[/quote]

I departed the PEA when another former member, Gerry McCambridge made comments about my dead brother, plus his other remarks about going to the IRS and making reports about me and others...
I also agree Doug D is a talented guy and great thinker...
Doug D ?

You mean Doug Douglas,right?
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 13:37, RileyG wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 11:39, kriskraze wrote:
[/quote]

I departed the PEA when another former member, Gerry McCambridge made comments about my dead brother, plus his other remarks about going to the IRS and making reports about me and others...
[/quote]

So you departed when somebody else who had departed made comments on your beloved departed brother? Just trying to make sense of it.

Additionally, the somebody else who had departed (GM) made comments about going to the IRS about you and others.

There are only about a million questions I would have if I was interested. However, as that was clearly the objective (being vaque but trying to make a point), I have completely lost interest now. It just seems people, as usual, are just trying to convert people over to their viewpoint and give narrow glimpses into the truth as a way of doing that.

Exactly the reason why I don't belong to IBM, SAM, PEA, Boy Scouts, or any other group. You all are insane!!! lol
The PEA does have/did have some great minds in it, but all and all, just another private magic club at the time I belonged... I understand that the new blood at the helm has tried to change it to a real mentalism group (like the founders wanted, and originally was)...

I for one was shocked when I was a member and several members at a PEA convention said the Richard Webster should be strung up for doing readings and it was like being a drug dealer... Strange comments for a so called group of mentalist's and readers...

On the flip side, the lectures/video series did have some great stuff... One of my favorites is/was Davey Marlin-Jones PASTO principal lecture that was cut to video for the members who wanted to by it... I converted mine to a dvd and play it often... Another one was Herb Dewey's lecture...

My viewpoint is this... Any working performer in mentalism does not need the PEA, the PEA needs them and dabbers to continue to prosper as a private corporation... That comes from dues money paid via membership fees...

Some of the great friends I made in the PEA: Marcello Truzzi, Richard Webster, Marc Salem, John Riggs, Erskine, Ted K., Docc Hilford, Ned Rutledge, Ed Fowler, Sandy Spillman, Brother Shadow, Tony Andruzzi, Ted K., Marc Sky, Dennis Marks, Kardor, Banachek, Lee Earle, the list goes on, and on... (some of those mentioned have passed, like Tony Andruzzi calling me at 3 am EST to talk about a possible effect with a rose, those were the days)

Friends made outside the PEA are Uri Geller, Kreskin

Article on the late Sandy Spillman: http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1G1-9387949.html
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 14:54, Lemniscate wrote:
Exactly the reason why I don't belong to IBM, SAM, PEA, Boy Scouts, or any other group. You all are insane!!! lol
[/quote]

Don't join the PEA, just find out where there next "Meeting Of The Minds" is located (Annual convention) and book a flight to the city and a hotel room at the host hotel and meet the guys and gals at the bar and talk shop... Sort of crash the party...lol
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Feb 11, 2008 05:56PM)
My initial application was turned down by the P.E.A. and I've never bothered to re-apply.

And since the application fee is now non-refundable, I'll probably never re-apply.
I've heard that they are very good at protecting their magazine. That would be a good thing wouldn't it?
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 18:56, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
My initial application was turned down by the P.E.A. and I've never bothered to re-apply.

And since the application fee is now non-refundable, I'll probably never re-apply.
[/quote]

It's a shame that a true working psi performer was turned down by them, well their loss, not yours...
If they didn't want Philemon they'll laugh if I applied :)
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 19:12, Slim King wrote:
If they didn't want Philemon they'll laugh if I applied :)
[/quote]

I say that I start my own Group... The Paranormal Entertainers Association (PEA as well), and hold our free meetings in the same hotel as the other PEA, but we will have the scantly clad women and pool parties (Sounds like a few Weerd Weekends that I attended, we boys & girls know who we are that went sky clad into the pools)... Anyone game...?
COUNT ME IN!!!!!!!!!!!
You want to know the truth?
Guys and Gals both in and out have been of great help and support since October.

I am not a joiner, but I do remember those who stand with me.

Jim
Yes but do you remember those who DRINK with you?
We shall see.

And who are you again?
The sky clad ritual at the pool ruined me for all other magic conventions.

Definitely game.

I wonder if there is still a picture of Bro. Shadow in the security office.
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 21:50, Experimentalist wrote:
The sky clad ritual at the pool ruined me for all other magic conventions.

Definitely game.

I wonder if there is still a picture of Bro. Shadow in the security office.
[/quote]

A few fifths of JD, and other fine whiskey's and other brews will do the trick... Plus the bare breasted women swimming on my back and Bascom Jones walking by the pool makes for the stuff legends are made of during the wee hours of the morning...
[quote]
On 2008-02-10 09:41, obijuan wrote:
Group started by Mr. Robert Cassidy. Bob left the PEA a while back but still makes meeting of the mind lectures every so often. Most of your top mentalists are members. Every year is their meeting called the Meeting of the Minds. some former presidents Ken Weber our very own trinity etc. It has its hobbyists but also its pros. Exclusive products such as from PJ and Kross have been released through the PEA exclusively.
[/quote]

Please don't leave out Anthony Raven.
Perhaps Jim we are missing out? I want to crash next years party, or at least contribute to the LOUNGE LIZARDS BALL :)
The game may be on for the Lounge Lizards Ball... Looks like I am founding a new paranormal entertainers association... More information forthcoming...
UMMM....is this group going to be a serious tight-***ed group, or contentious, bourbonesque, revolutionary and fun?

I've got $40 to join the latter.
I suggest early November for the first get together.

It's after the Halloween season when we're all loaded with cash, but before the Christmas season starts.
You should all contact dr.todd for some psycrets...

infact, just google the psycrets...
[quote]
On 2008-02-12 13:23, abraxus wrote:
You should all contact dr.todd for some psycrets...

infact, just google the psycrets...
[/quote]

Not a bad looking group, I wish that they would rattle some cages to draw some limelight to themselves...
Why? Leave the PEA alone. By the way since PEA is a copyrighted logo and service mark used in commerce, any use of the word PEA as in a group affiliation especially one tied so closely to mentalism could incur legal action. ;0(

All the best!
[quote]
On 2008-02-12 15:32, obijuan wrote:
Why? Leave the PEA alone. By the way since PEA is a copyrighted logo and service mark used in commerce, any use of the word PEA as in a group affiliation especially one tied so closely to mentalism could incur legal action. ;0(

All the best!
[/quote]

The use of the Psychic Entertainers Association name and logo/service mark is not the same as the Paranormal Entertainers Association and the use of "PEA" is not a registered service mark or trademark... A search of the USPTO.gov website revealed no information on any registrations to the term "PEA" to said group(s).

Now this is a registered trademark/service mark:
http://tarr.uspto.gov/servlet/tarr?regser=serial&entry=78053274
Message: Posted by: Philemon Vanderbeck (Feb 12, 2008 05:40PM)
I attended the last couple of Weerd Weekends.

Fun times...

Wouldn't mind doing something like that again.

Basically a three-day weekend drinking party that fun-loving bizarrists are invited to.
Having it in Phoenix worked well also. It made a nice escape from the winter.
[quote]
On 2008-02-11 16:12, RileyG wrote:

Don't join the PEA, just find out where there next "Meeting Of The Minds" is located (Annual convention) and book a flight to the city and a hotel room at the host hotel and meet the guys and gals at the bar and talk shop... Sort of crash the party...lol
[/quote]

Hey, I think you are on to something there!
The Daytona Magic convention was sold out LAST (Not this year) year so I just showed up in the lounge hoping Johnny Thompson would show up so I could buy him a beer and then !@#$% him out :) But that other dude was there from Vegas so I drank with him and that guy from England. We drank like Crazy, I met some bizarrists (Shots) and I got everyone up to sing Mustang Sally and Brown Eyed Girl with the Karaoke DJ ...Lot's of fun and I didn't miss much ... Lots of magic going on in the bar :)
:dancing:
http://www.rileyg.com/paranormalentertainers

Paranormal Entertainers Association
We are a select group of Paranormalists, Hypnotists, Palm Readers from around the Universe.
We offer entertainment services related to what is known as ESP and other things Paranormal.
------

This is a private group that is now in the forming stages... You may visit the website listed above and send an email for more information as it becomes available... Joining the group will be by private invite only... Our members have appeared on TV, print and other media related to the Paranormal...

Note it's the "Paranormal Entertainers Group"... No confusion needed between the two different outfits...
If you honestly want to avoid confusion, as well as keep an ethical high ground - it's probably best to pick a name with different initials...
We should all have a competition and write the most outrageous, over the top, absolutely ridiculous posts and see how many people fall for them.

I remember a post where the "magic" subtlety being used was a pair of brass knuckles to the head. The poster received several PMs asking for the real secret.

I love it when people don't get the point!
[quote]
If you honestly want to avoid confusion, as well as keep an ethical high ground - it's probably best to pick a name with different initials...
[/quote]

PEA <> PEG
[quote]
On 2008-02-13 14:07, Lemniscate wrote:
We should all have a competition and write the most outrageous, over the top, absolutely ridiculous posts and see how many people fall for them.

I remember a post where the "magic" subtlety being used was a pair of brass knuckles to the head. The poster received several PMs asking for the real secret.

I love it when people don't get the point!
[/quote]

There was once a poster on here who enjoyed that kind of fun. He's gone never to return. Those kinds of things are not taken lightly here and those kinds of posters are dealt with one way or another sooner or later. Some members call this "fraud" or "hurting people" and "fun at someone else's expense" and that's not what this board is about. You may also run the risk of being sued, or threatened to anyway.

Just my opinion, whatever that's worth anymore....
ALEXANDRE - good to see you back mate.
Better yet make it the

paranormal illusionists group

:)
Lemniscate - it was actually an ironic dig at the (performing) ethics of those involved.
[quote]
On 2008-02-13 14:57, xersekis wrote:
Better yet make it the

paranormal illusionists group

:)
[/quote]

I think not there Rex...

Money is the true illusion, as man can live without money, but money can not live without man... And that's strange as when I open my wallet there is plenty of illusion there, but it means nothing in the larger picture of the universe...
[quote]
On 2008-02-13 15:05, kriskraze wrote:
Lemniscate - it was actually an ironic dig at the (performing) ethics of those involved.
[/quote]

Sure, no worries.

I wonder, though, if you would point out who you are referring to as "those involved", define ethics, elucidate their ethics, define irony, then point out where the irony was, exactly. If you 2ould, I would love to see it. If not, no worries.

After all, it would just prove we can all use the formula "Insert name - it was actually an ironic dig at [insert some all-encompassing word] [insert some unsubstantiated referential index]." You'd think somebody would put out some kind of tape series where you are taught to make vague statements seem applicable without a shred of information. Oh wait, the excellent Wonder Words series is already out.

L
Registered trade marks are not the only type of trade mark. As long as a logo or service mark is used in commerce it is still legally considered a trade mark. All they have to do is prove that they have used it in the past in commerce and then you will have to cease and desist.
Lemniscate said: "We should all have a competition and write the most outrageous, over the top, absolutely ridiculous posts and see how many people fall for them."

You mean, people aren't already doing so???? Or was that irony?

Paul.
[quote]
On 2008-02-13 17:27, obijuan wrote:
Registered trade marks are not the only type of trade mark. As long as a logo or service mark is used in commerce it is still legally considered a trade mark. All they have to do is prove that they have used it in the past in commerce and then you will have to cease and desist.
[/quote]

Number 1. I'm not using their logo.
Number 2. I'm not using their service mark.
Number 3. To protect a service mark, it must be registered to really protect oneself.
Number 4. Just what are you writing about when you say logo and or service mark...?
Since the thread has been removed where I had this posted... here is something regarding people's attempts to rewrite history....from... yep... Leonard Cohen!!! ((Its only fun until someone loses an eye (2 points to the first poster to identify that film that classic line is fun (hint: I double dog dare ya)...))

Everybody knows that the dice are loaded
Everybody rolls with their fingers crossed
Everybody knows that the war is over
Everybody knows the good guys lost
Everybody knows the fight was fixed
The poor stay poor, the rich get rich
that's how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that the boat is leaking
Everybody knows that the captain lied
Everybody got this broken feeling
Like their father or their dog just died

Everybody talking to their pockets
Everybody wants a box of chocolates
And a long stem rose
Everybody knows

Everybody knows that you love me baby
Everybody knows that you really do
Everybody knows that youve been faithful
Ah give or take a night or two
Everybody knows youve been discreet
But there were so many people you just had to meet
Without your clothes
And everybody knows

Everybody knows, everybody knows
that's how it goes
Everybody knows

that's how it goes
Everybody knows

And everybody knows that its now or never
Everybody knows that its me or you
And everybody knows that you live forever
Ah when youve done a line or two
Everybody knows the deal is rotten
Old black joes still pickin cotton
For your ribbons and bows
And everybody knows

And everybody knows that the plague is coming
Everybody knows that its moving fast
Everybody knows that the naked man and woman
Are just a shining artifact of the past
Everybody knows the scene is dead
But theres gonna be a meter on your bed
That will disclose
What everybody knows

And everybody knows that youre in trouble
Everybody knows what youve been through
From the bloody cross on top of calvary
To the beach of malibu
Everybody knows its coming apart
Take one last look at this sacred heart
Before it blows
And everybody knows

that's how it goes
Everybody knows

Oh everybody knows, everybody knows
that's how it goes
Everybody knows

Everybody knows
A Christmas Story?

Or is that "you'll shoot your eye out!"?

(Hmmm, both perhaps...)

More importantly what do these points do?
"We read the world wrong and say that it deceives us."

- Rabindranath Tagore
[quote]
On 2008-02-13 22:53, Drakmor Kain wrote:
A Christmas Story?

Or is that "you'll shoot your eye out!"?

(Hmmm, both perhaps...)

More importantly what do these points do?
[/quote]

2 Points!

It points to 2 points. Bravo!
Leminscate: It's known as dry humor, sarcastic and ironic statements don't need to slap you in the face with the force of a Charlie Chaplin film (unless you're a non-British script writer.)

I was referring to RileyG and his band of 'reading giving' 'paranormal promoters' who through past conversations and observations on this forums stand a long way from my ethical viewpoint.

My (ironic, and imo humorous) contention was that for such people, keeping an ethical high ground is an important concept - therefore they should consider changing the name.

I hope that clears it up for you. Don't feel bad about you inability to humor in everything I write. Most of it is for my own amusement, if 10% of people 'get it' then that's just a bonus. You're not alone.
Spektor, according to Wikipedia it is 'Pump Up the Volume'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wh9AC0jCGjY
[quote]
On 2008-02-14 03:06, Glossolalia wrote:
Spektor, according to Wikipedia it is 'Pump Up the Volume'
[/quote]

OK - 2 points for all these:

http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Special%3ASearch&search=its+only+fun+until+somebody+loses+an+eye&fulltext=Search
Daktari,

To return to that long lost thread in the ether...

I still think if Leonard was here with us in this Green Café he'd sing:

The rain falls down on last year's man,
that's a jew's harp on the table,
that's a crayon in his hand.
And the corners of the blueprint are ruined since they rolled
far past the stems of thumbtacks
that still throw shadows on the wood.
And the skylight is like skin for a drum I'll never mend
and all the rain falls down amen
on the works of last year's man.
Well what started out as a question turned into chaos. This a true story ,im from the uk.Irish romany gipsy once told my fortune ,with a tatty old pack of tarot cards.I was amased no cold reading,she was real."Wow , where do I get a pack of them"? I asked."You carnt buy them" she said ,the tarot will come to you.SO theres the question of the p.e.a. answered.