(Close Window)
Topic: My busking table (thus far)
The Attached image is of the first iteration of my busking table.
The legs are a waiter-tray stand. The top is plywood, covered in vinyl, with a 1/2 inch layer of "NuFoam" between for padding.

Though it will still be a long while before I'm willing to actually [i]perform[/i] on it. I'm proud of my hour and half's effort, and it's very nice to have a table to practice on that is exactly the right height and material I wanted.

I'm happy with it right now, but I already have some improvements planned.

What do y'all think?
Any possible improvements to it y'all can think of?
Looking good man, looking good, keep up the good work...but are you gonna put it to good use I hope?

;)
Eventualy.
Honestly I would have been willing to work a little (privately) three years or so ago. But it's been so long since I seriously practiced that I need to put some [b]Work[/b] in before I'm ready to fool even my friends. Much less ask people to pay me for it.
Hey Moto42,

Put some side trim on the edges of the table to keep the balls from rollig off. This can be a real pain in the butt.

Also, practice!

Best,

Bobby
I hate it when my balls get away from me! sorry couldn;t resist
Instead of cheap vinyl, how about duck cloth, which I think would still be cheap and have a bit more of a "felt" type feel but is stillvery durable. In bright sunlight, your current surface might reflect a lot of light.
You don't need side trim or felt fabric...no, no, no...

You need a large, steel plate under the work surface and rare earth magnets embedded in all of your props.

Then you could work in a hurricane :)
Josh, what are you doin in this thread?

Get your butt right back over to the Close-up area with your buddy Thomas!!! LOL!

That was for the balls joke...
Hey, that is a pretty nice looking table. I will have to take a picture of mine and post a link to it on here. I'd watch a show performed around that hour and a half creation. How much did you pay for the waitor's tray?
Breakdown of pricing:
$29 Waiter's tray
$10 Foam and Vinyl
$ 7 24"
The top of the table is a bit rounded. I'll probably remove the padding from under the vinyl later. (probably replace it with carpet).
I like the feel of the vinyl better than felt-like fabrics. Thanks for the heads-up about the possible glare though, if becomes an issue I'll yank it and replace it.
I plan to add a border around it at some point, I'm still debating on exactly how to do it though.
Here's a way I came up with to attach side trim. It's easy to do with a table saw and makes realigning the trim back up to the screw hole easy when you need to replace the fabric.
Do most hardware/lumber stores carry trim like that?

My table is a folding plastic thing I picked up at Wal*Mart. Totally inappropriate for you pro-guys, but it does what I need it to do.