(Close Window)
Topic: Jheff Promised "Journal of the Mind" --- what happened?
A businessman sells you a product. You wait and wait and wait. No product. No, I'm not talking about the old days of Bob Cassidy. I'm talking about Jheff, from whom I purchased Journal of the Mind and has not been forthcoming with his product.
Personal problems -- we all have them. Even me. But I didn't take anybody's money --and then say I'd have the product to you in February. To keep his customers, I suggest that Jheff, who critiques other mentalism products and services, come clean -- explain what the hold up is, stop making promises he can't keep, and offer a bigtime bonus or a discount. Walk the walk, Jheff.
fib
Fib,

I do apologize and I told all subscribers what was up. The gentleman who had been doing my layout designs has become very busy. I've been getting very frustrated. I promised you six issues of Journal of the Mind. You'll get them. I promised you four sessions of Conversations of the Mind. You'll get them. I'm working hard right now to get those issues out and maintain the website and do that around some very difficult personal problems. I have the content ready to go for the Stuart Cumberland issue (which was due in December) and the content for the next two. So the schedule will be caught up. Again, please be patient. And I will make it up to you, but I'd rather put effort into putting out what I promised first, and then figure out something.

Oh, and watch your e-mail for the announcement with more details. I'd rather make those details known first to subscribers, than on this forum.

-- Jheff
Fib, let me tell you something. I'm quite psychic...and Jheff is a really nice guy. So, ... be patient. He's not related to Cassidy in any way. You will get what you get, if not more.
Yes. As Britney would say, "Gimme Gimme more Gimme more" :)
As one who has had business dealings with Jheff, I certainly would vouch for his veracity on all things related to his customer service.

Bryn
Jheff will deliver. Guaranteed.

Hang in there.
Fib,
I met Jheff and saw him perform twice at Mindvention. A nicer guy would be hard to meet. No doubt he will come through with everything he says.

Hennessey
Jheff released Volume 1 Issue #6 on Saturday, March 15. The first issue of Volume 2 (#7) should be out soon, with issue #8 to follow before the end of April.

I think he's back on track!

Curt
I think he taught me magic in Los Angeles, at least his name was spelt the same.

A really nice guy and very patient, so try a little yourself fib...
So what's this journal of the mind like? worth it?
I've done lot's of business with Jheff and he's always straight and honest. He'll deliver the goods.
The latest issue, featuring Stuart Cumberland, contains a really nice amount of solid material.
[quote]
On 2008-03-18 01:44, cfrye wrote:
The first issue of Volume 2 (#7) should be out soon, with issue #8 to follow before the end of April. I think he's back on track![/quote]
Thanks, guys. I'm not quite back on track, yet. However, Vol.2 #7, featuring Paul Brook, is in its rough stage and it should be out by the end of the month. That's still about six weeks late and I'm not happy about that, but it's better than three months (which was the case for #6)! Issue #8 should be out on time. (I'm knocking on wood.)

Lamystique:
This is really not the place for me to plug my own site or products (the forum policy frowns on that) but I'm sure they'll let me simply direct you to get more info on my site, http://www.MarketplaceoftheMind.com

-- Jheff
I'm sure Jheff has the best of intentions, but he has not delivered. The fact that a vendor is a nice guy does not set the standard in business school or the real world -- nor should it. Sorry I don't have as sanguine an approach as others on this site, but when a businessman/woman say they're going to have a product and don't, they lose business. We're not going to go out and have beers with Jheff. I'd like to, but I would settle for seeing what I paid for -- and believe that for 2008 subscribers, he should throw in something for free -- like the last volume of 2007.
fib
[quote]
On 2008-03-19 18:34, fib wrote:
...for 2008 subscribers, he should throw in something for free -- like the last volume of 2007. [/quote]
Fib,

A volume is six issues. So, do you mean the last issue of Volume 1 or the entirety of Volume 1, which are all of the 2007 issues?

If it's just one issue you want, then you might want to check the 2008 Marketplace Member page. You'll find the unedited bonus Jack Kent Tillar issue there. How's that? If that's not enough, then PM me with your e-mail and I'll send you one issue from Volume 1, which featured Greg Arce, John Riggs, Mark Strivings, Maurice Fogel, Alain Nu, and Stuart Cumberland.

And fib, I do thank you for allowing me to respond to your concerns and, by doing so, plugging my Marketplace Membership Club.

-- Jheff
I like Jheff. My nephew saw his act at the castle and said he scorched the audience.

In real life he's not that exciting. No one is more honest though.

RR
The Journal of The Mind is a great bargain and resource. It is very nicely produced and each issue I've read is full of great info. Picking up Volume 1 from Jheff's site for 30 bucks is a steal. Even if he's not that exciting in real life :). ??? Get some rest Rick!
Wow all this coming from a guy who changes his accent in order to meet the oppisite sex, Jheff has clearly communicated his situation I have never heard of anyone else who has had anything but an exceptional experience dealing with him in the past. Move on & get over it.
I think he has a mustache.
Jheff, thank you for your gracious offer. I like your writing. I agree in general with your product critiques. I just want to receive something I ordered two to three months ago. But some on this site: Oh. Oh. Oh. Blasphemy. Blasphemy. No, I don't think Jheff needs you strong, virile men on this site to come to his aid and comfort. Why don't you gents write missives on a wall somewhere? Again, thank you Jheff.
Best, fib
Mr. Tboehnlein, in particular, appears to need a spelling tutor. Do they have schools in Ohio?
fib
Message: Posted by: Bertrand Thornley (Mar 21, 2008 03:04AM)
Fib- "No, I don't think Jheff needs you strong, virile men on this site to come to his aid and comfort"

Look man, you just don't understand how sexy Jheff's reviews are! :blush:
... and the latest Paul Brook issue looks fantastic.

Piers.
Just got the email last night, newest edition is out, in March, as promised
Fib you are right my spelling sucks, always will while I am here as I am generally doing several things while posting here, just be thankful that I am not one of the many who publish written & ebooks that are not grammatically correct with numerous spelling errors added . I believe the spelling issue is a subconcious rebellion against the parochial(did I spell that right) school education I was brought up on & the numerous ruler slappings I recieved from the nuns at the time.
[quote]
On 2008-03-21 02:48, fib wrote:
Jheff, thank you for your gracious offer. I like your writing. I agree in general with your product critiques. I just want to receive something I ordered two to three months ago. But some on this site: Oh. Oh. Oh. Blasphemy. Blasphemy. No, I don't think Jheff needs you strong, virile men on this site to come to his aid and comfort. Why don't you gents write missives on a wall somewhere? Again, thank you Jheff.
Best, fib
[/quote]

http://tinyurl.com/3xrym6

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet (Who is not afraid to sign his name.)
I have a natural bias, but anyone who has been on my personal mailing list or forum knows that I have a ton of respect for Jheff, mostly for having the balls to stand up and review products fairly, honestly and ethically.

Like most industries, there's a "good boys" club. A guy releases a product and gets 10 of the "good boys" to say positive things about it, in most cases never having seen it.

Jheff is a breath of fresh air. If it's good, he says why. If it sucks, he'll let you know.

Do I agree with all of his reviews. Not by a long shot. But it's always honest and fair.

As far as business practices go, he's been absolutely upstanding with me and I have not heard of one complaint from anyone I know.

Was he late in getting stuff out? Yep. And he explained why--publicly--in his newsletter. I admire him for that. And respect him.

Cut him some slack and save the negativity for those who deserve it.

SC

P.S. For the record, I've rec'd a ton of compliments on the issue that I'm featured in. He did a great job, and I gave away a lot of info. Frankly--and I've told him this personally--he's WAY undercharging for what he's giving. That's his business, mind you, but it's ridiculously low priced. Another reason to back off...
Hey, Mr. Tboehnlien, leave the nuns alone. First of all, they're all dying out with little retirement money. Second, they did a *** good job educating kids lucky enough to get a decent education and some discipline -- compared to what's going on today. You can even look at the new generation of magicians and see the vacant look of a lack of education in their eyes.
Hrumph, fib
Sorry to misspell your name.
fib
I am really still trying to figure out how Jheff makes any money. He sells stuff for a good bit cheaper than he should be getting it for. I sent an email to the devil but he was busy with the Macy's float parade.

Seems that he takes really good care of his creators.

On one hand, Jheff offers some great effects and routines from several people...but what I really love is after his "dealer blurbs" he gives his own very honest opinions of anything he offers or suggests.

Jheff's [i]Marketplace of the Mind[/i] has been a place where I know that I can go for the inside info.

On the same note, I have lately become quite obsessed with ESP effects. Perhaps Mr. J. can share a link and some info on his wonderful ESP Card routine(s)

No pressure J!

DT3

P.S. I'm sure we all would like a convenient link to check out your work on the ESP deck, so if you could just throw a link up for us, that would be great...sorry if I'm too lazy to do it myself.

Ah, hell. Guess I'm not too lazy.

http://www.jheff.com/Symbol_Act.html

PS, Jheff, you can send the free one to me at http://www.saintsleepless@gmail.com

D.
[quote]
On 2008-04-06 01:41, Don Theo III wrote:
I am really still trying to figure out how Jheff makes any money. He sells stuff for a good bit cheaper than he should be getting it for. I sent an email to the devil but he was busy with the Macy's float parade.[/quote]
DT3,

"makes any money"? My lawyer has advised me not to until the divorce papers are finalized. And, then, the prices will go through the roof! Better join the Marketplace Membership Club now! Only kidding, sort of.

As for your e-mail, I wasn't busy with the Macy's float parade. I was at a conference for members of the International Business Procrastinators. This year, we were deciding on the merit awards for 1997, but realized a few categories from 1994 were not yet decided on, so we put it off until next year's conference. Only kidding, sort of.

I don't recall getting an e-mail from you, although it could be my memory or it could be those nasty spam filters who have a nasty appetite for e-mails you're most waiting for. Send it again to Jheffsmind@aol.com and I'll definitely reply (unless you're requesting a free complete set of Magick!)

Thanks again to all of you for the kind words above. -- Jheff
[quote]
On 2008-04-01 11:13, mormonyoyoman wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-03-21 02:48, fib wrote:
Best, fib
[/quote]

http://tinyurl.com/3xrym6

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet (Who is not afraid to sign his name.)
[/quote]
Very well, and to the point put, Chet.

Jheff is a gentleman and one of the not too overwhelming number of trustworthy and honest people in the business.
I have had the pleasure of doing business with him for a number of years, and trust me, I have never been let down.
When Jheff says he will deliver, he will.

Sven