(Close Window)
Topic: My Birthday Party!
Hey everyone,

I am celebrating my lucky 23rd on March 28th, 2008 at the Charlotte Room (http://www.charlotteroom.com/). This is, for those who don't know, the home of Friday Night Magic, a wonderful magic show that occurs twice a month in Toronto.

http://www.magical.com/

If anyone can make it out, let me know. I have several magicians coming out to jam, and it should be a nice night- free show, good food, good people, and some cake!

Let me know if you can make it!
Ben
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Mar 14, 2008 09:12AM)
Happy Birthday Ben! I will see if I can make it!
Thanks Mike.

I can tell you this much- there will be a few surprises for those who can make it!
Hey guys-

Turns out it is SEVERAL magician's birthdays, so I'm making it a JOINT party! All that means is more people to jam with! I hope to see you there!

Ben
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Mar 17, 2008 04:43PM)
Excellent! Now I'm even more excited!
Quick reminder-

The party/show/jam is in THREE days. I hope to see people there (we have people coming from Montreal and Ottawa to be there!)

Ben
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Mar 25, 2008 05:40PM)
Man oh man! Outlook grim I'm afraid, but I will try as hard as I can to make it. I really do not want to miss this!
Happy Birthday bro!
If you can make it down, great. It looks like the Charlotte Room will be packed. We've got a fantastic show planned. Hope to see you all there.
Happy birthday Ben! Gonna try and convince Cameron to come to this thing tonight, sounds like fun!
Hey Adam. Glad you and Cameron could make it.

We ended up having around 50-60 people, with about 20 staying till 2am-ish to jam and show material. We talked self workers, moves, theories, etc.

It was a fantastic night, and I want to thank everyone who made it possible.

Ben
Hey Ben, thanks for the invite. I had a great time. I wish I hadn't gotten so drunk that I needed to depart.

Looking forward to the next time...
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Mar 29, 2008 06:31PM)
I'm very annoyed that I couldn't make it! Tons of awesome people it sounds like!
We missed you buddy.

And, we spent quite a bit of time talking about ACAAN- Morgan showed a version he has been working on (which was great) and I showed some I had played with, and we discussed the various conditions that needed to be addressed, approaches to the plot, and methods of increasing the impact. Someone even did a version on stage, which was very interesting and had a great premise.

Next year bro!
Ben
Message: Posted by: michaelmystic2003 (Mar 29, 2008 07:09PM)
For sure next year... I would have come if I had a way of getting there. I was only allowed to come if accompanied by an adult due to the alcohol, and no adults could take me. ACAAN session, GRRRRR.... I would have loved that! I also wanted to hear what your thoughts were on my idea.