(Close Window)
Topic: Torn and Restored Newspaper
Can anyone please suggest a specific Scottish newspaper to use for this as the ones I have tried do not seem to have a grain. Therefor the tear is not straight and is quite uncontrollable. Thank you, Kenny.
Can you go to a newsstand and get an American paper, such as "USA Today" or something?

Mark.
Thanks Mark for your reply. I don't think we get such quality Newspapers here in Scotland, I will have a look though.

Kenny.
Kenny,

All paper, unless layered, has a grain going one way or the other. Most newspapers are long grain (tears straight up and down, but doesn't tear straight laterally) but yours may be a short grain. Can you close the newspaper and tear it laterally first? That should be a straight tear, and then you have less surface are to tear it the opposite direction.

I hope this helps!

Scott

Day 28
Scott,
That sounds like good advice to me, thank you very much. I will give your suggestion a try.

Kenny
I can't say for sure, but if you have an airport nearby you are likely to find some variety to choose from (especially if it happens to be an international airport).
Kenny, you might need a DVD explaining how to perform the effect. It should be able to help you learn how to use any newspaper.
Hi,

I think you can look for Gene Anderson's Newspaper Tear. Its wonderful. Also you can look for Slydini's newspaper act. You can find Dvds about it. I think Rocco Silano explains Slydini's version in one of his Dvds. You can find on the market.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Gene Anderson's Newspaper Tear DVD a very good explanation.

Paulo
"Worlds Greatest Magic" has a DVD with multiple newspaper tears.

And Kenny, do you know about JB's "No Tear" Newspaper?