(Close Window)
Topic: Suggestion
What is the opinion on using pure suggestion routines in your act. Ones that don't relie on outs or gimmicks but that do exactly what they claim to do. Which routines have people had success with or what ideas for suggestion routines do people have.
Do them, but if it doesn't hit, don't let the audiance know you were doing an effect. If it hits, your golden
Use Pseudo Hypnosis/Suggestion first to convince the ppl you can actually do what you claim. After that they'll more likely to go along w/ the real suggestion.
Do a Search please...it has been disscuss over before
[quote]
On 2008-04-03 20:57, Daniel NIcholls wrote:
What is the opinion on using pure suggestion routines in your act. Ones that don't relie on outs or gimmicks but that do exactly what they claim to do. Which routines have people had success with or what ideas for suggestion routines do people have.
[/quote]
I wrote a whole book on this very subject last year: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=210943&forum=15
Its been said well already.

But really if it doesn't work just act like its part of your patter for the next effect. its not a big deal at all.

I often do name amnesia and I do it really fast, I aim for about 15seconds.

Because I think its so profound for someone not to know their own name.
The best one I have used is SEVEN by Bryn Reynolds it's in his PDF The Safwan Papers.

John
Thanks everyone for your responses. Really very helpful. Does anyone know where I can find some good amnesia routines. I know of the Jermay ones but anyone know any others.
[i]Glemme[/i] by Patrick G. Redford.
I saw Glemme on Alakazam and was really tempted to get it. Is it as good as all the hype suggests?
Daniel,

I haven't purchased 'Glemme' but can say that all of Redford's stuff is excellent - great production values and awesome material from one of the most creative guys around. You wouldn't be sorry.

-Jerome
Just ordered it now. Thanks guys