(Close Window)
Topic: New Magic Shop opening
Red Deer has a new magic shop. Magic Mayhem M'porium. For those of you in Central Alberta, stop in and check it out. Visit them on the web at http://www.magicmayhem.ca
Wow, Red Deer can support a magic store? No disrespect intended, I just wouldn't have thought the local market there was big enough. Mind you, I suppose internet orders would be anticipated to comprise a large part of the business.

Good luck to MMM. Hope to visit one day. :)
Hey !
Nice, I wish all the best to you !
[quote]

Wow, Red Deer can support a magic store?
[/quote]
Have you seen highway #2 between Calgary and Edmonton?.......there's an endless line of cars on it 24 hours a day, 7 days a week....all going through Red Deer.

It's actually the second busiest stretch of highway in Canada....right after the 401 in Toronto.
That's a lot of potential customers.....plus the internet.
401 Toronto baby!!! Drive it every day.
Don't the cars go around Red Deer not through Red Deer. Last time I drove that stretch people didn't leave the highway just to drive through Red Deer. Oh well either way Good Luck
Folks gotta eat, use the facility, buy a magazine or toy for the kids.

You'll note I said "highway #2", and not "street in front of the magic shop" :)
What the heck.
Best of luck to MMM.

It's tough to be any business anywhere. But committed folks find a way to make it work: Catalogue sales, booking shows, creating original stuff that can be sold exclusively-- or elsewhere.

And who knows... maybe the local magicians will actually support it!
[quote]On Apr 3, 2008, dreamadream99 wrote:
Red Deer has a new magic shop. Magic Mayhem M'porium. For those of you in Central Alberta, stop in and check it out. Visit them on the web at http://www.magicmayhem.ca [/quote]

Does the Central Alberta have any good shops now? This one seems to not exist anymore unfortunately.
Think your best bet is going to be vanishing rabbit in Calgary.
That's where I order from currently, oddly enough I haven't actually been there yet though. Should probably make a trip to check it out sooner then later.
They have really solid prices there and a good shipping policy. I live in ontario and have never been there either but in the past my sister who lives out there has popped in on my behalf.
I actually just ordered from them again today! As always great to deal with, I'm in Calgary at the end of March I'll be checking out the shop for sure.
The Vanishing Rabbit in Calgary is awesome. Brent Smith, (the owner) is a super nice guy!
Good luck! I would recommend holding magic get-togethers and magic workshops to help pay the rent (itís helped me!).

Todd
Todskyís Magic Shop
Montreal
www.magicstore.ca
[quote]On Feb 28, 2019, todsky wrote:
Good luck! I would recommend holding magic get-togethers and magic workshops to help pay the rent (itís helped me!).

Todd
Todskyís Magic Shop
Montreal
www.magicstore.ca [/quote]

I'm in Montreal for the Heavy Montreal music festival in July, if I can I will try and stop by your shop and check it out.
Great! Hope to see you then.

Todd
[quote]On Feb 28, 2019, CGould wrote:

I'm in Montreal for the Heavy Montreal music festival in July, if I can I will try and stop by your shop and check it out. [/quote]
I've been going to that since the very first one in 2008. Good to see another metalhead into magic.
[quote]On Mar 1, 2019, metaljohn wrote:
[quote]On Feb 28, 2019, CGould wrote:

I'm in Montreal for the Heavy Montreal music festival in July, if I can I will try and stop by your shop and check it out. [/quote]
I've been going to that since the very first one in 2008. Good to see another metalhead into magic. [/quote]

Never managed to make it out there yet but so stoked for it, I'm going with a buddy that has gone before, he claims nothing tops it! Until then I have Volbeat/Godsmack & Ozzy concerts to keep me occupied!