(Close Window)
Topic: Sponge balls supersoft remedy
If your supersoft sponge balls are slow at forming once you have opened your hand then place them in a bowl of water and then squeeze out the water they will be bigger and form much quicker

Tom :bg:
Washing them out (in a drinking fountain if necessary) before performing with them, is absolutely necessary. Just carrying them in a pocket and getting hand oils on them will cause them to be mishaped.

If you can, wash them out, squeeze them almost dry, and them place them on a doubled layer of flat paper towel and then place another double layer over them top and press them between the paper towells to remove the last moisture, and a 2" ball will appear almost as big as a 3" ball for a while.

But they will be beautifully round and pop up to round and full immediately as you perform with them.

BroDavid
When performing, don't soak the balls. Just add a few drops of water, and work it in. You just want to use enough water to fluff it, but not enough to make it all slimy and cold. To use a technical term, that would be yucky. ;o)

Also, only use cold water. Hot water is bad for sponge balls. :o)

--A
Also, soaking them in soapy water after you first buy them will help "break down" some of the material and will make them more compressible.
The supersoft balls do not seem to retain their shape that well and I do not use them.

I have found it better to use the soapy water treatment on normal sponge balls. It works very well. I also store them very slightly damp.
You can also just breath on them, like you would a fogged mirror. Works great, and is actually what the manufacturer (Steve Goshman) recommends.
Just have your spectators blow on them and as they magically form back into shape, you have another trick!