(Close Window)
Topic: Where is Tom Hughs?
Ya know...the Welsh dude in N.C. Asheville?
Right here Johny.... how you doing? Good to see you the other week.
Yeah man, I was urprised you reconized the name Johnny Mystic, but thanks to the Café...*wink*...it was cool meeting you, Sean and Chad. I wasn't expecting to meet anyone from the magic Café. If you see Chad Sanborn let him know I wasn't really gonna knee him in the nuts, I was just goofing! ;)

How was the festival you worked that saturday, are you busking this weekend?
Hey Johny... but your sooo famous! How would I not recognise the name!

I'll mention it to Chad, but he is VERY protective over his nuts... unsurprisingly.

The festival was pretty good, typical small town, southern appalachian festival; plenty of clogging and bad tippers but I came out with about $250 so no complaints.

Foot traffic in Asheville is still very slow, I went and worked Pack Square with Sean on Friday. Kenny worked the other side of the square but with low foot traffic and having to wait for the pitch I was happy to make gas money home ( actually pulled my best ever single hat in Asheville but gave up after that cos the foot traffic died off entirelly)... I think it'll be a few weeks until it really picks up and becomes worthwhile and then it'll get quite tough keeping the pitch ( fighting the yoga jugglers and the spray painted do nothings)... luckily I think I've spotted a better and practically unworked pitch just down the road which should head the traffic off before it hits the square.

Did you check out any other towns in the area? Gatlinburg? Knoxville? People must actually walk somewhere in the South East!

tom
I tried gatlinburg a couple of years ago. I don't know where they plant them but they must plant the cops around the area. I started to build a tip and all of a sudden this uniformed cop appeared like he came out of a silk. Told me to stop or I could get the tour of the area inside his squad car. I didn't need a free room for that night so I did what he told me to.
Keep up the good work guys..... you will get it sooner or later.
both Asheville and my home town of North Adams are real meccas for busking!!!sigh!

Marty
I have and will always like asheville. I made good money there, and the people are great. I'm not going to North Adams anytime soon though. The people there are all related to Johnny Mystic...

WEIRD.
Asheville is cool, for those of you that have your **** together and know how to work a crowd and when.

This guy named Bobby Maverick made fathats when he chose to perform, I was most impressed and learned alot, way to go Bobby baby!!!
Do ya love me...?
How could we not love you? :)

Tom Wolf
I wonder if he still loves Old Greg?

Bobby where are you man, give me a call and we'll talk about frank Starsini!