(Close Window)
Topic: Richard Ross Watch Routine
I was a big fan of Richard Ross and like many other was sad at this loss.
I want to recreate his famous watch routine and I need information on contacting his family to obtain permission to use his routine.
I also need infomation on how and where I could obtain the materials needed for this routine.
Anything would be helpful.
The watches are being made and sold by the original manufacturer. The jumbo watches sell for around $6000.00. I have forget the person and web site, but if you do a search here on Café, it should turn up the web site. Or maybe someone remembers her on the Café. He has made only 10 sets and that was 2 years ago. The do not come with any instructions and have a new release catch designed in them.

So if you are really serious, research some more. Another person from England was quoted a price of $5000.00 so maybe he will adjust the price with you.
Auke van Dokken is the maker. I think his url is someting like cupsandballs.nl
http://cupsandballs.nl/php/products.php?id=3

Half way down is a reference to the watches, but are all "price on request" - I spoke with Auke a while ago he's great so ping him a quick email and I'm sure he'll help you out.
Hi,

I also like Richard Ross very much. But there are some problems about famous magicians acts. I think these acts are all history and can't perform by anyone else. Don't worry no one can forget Richard Ross, Fred Kaps, Slydini or Tommy Wonder... These guys always the legends.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
I don t agree with you nedim , they can be performed in fact they must be performed ... not imitated ..i perform richard ross linking rings routine in my act all the the time and I metion it .. to remember the great magician .
Its also a good idea. But there are some acts that only a magician can do for my opinion. Linking Rings are great but everyone can perform it on stage because it is a magic prop. But Richard Ross's routine is different. There are many other examples, like Salvano's glass routine, Jeff McBride's masks...etc.

I think you can understand me. But I hope you got a great act.:)

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
Is there anyone on the Café that actually even owns these watches?
Wasn't this topic covered on a previous thread?

I wasn't crazy about his watch bit, but, I loved is linking ring act and his demeanor.
The very first time I saw his watch routine. I was completely fooled and shocked. It was awesome.
I'm sure most have seen it..but here it is: http://youtube.com/watch?v=_f25uZ0f1-Y
I think its a great act from a great master!!!

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
I concur. I don't know how anyone would not be blown away by that routine.
Let not forget this was a core routine that allowed him to win FISM twice...
Please correct me if I am wrong, did Brett Daniel's buy the entire set & routine from the late Ross's friends, relative cos I recalled seeing Brett perform this...
Really?? Is it correct? If anyone know please let us know!!

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
[quote]
On 2008-05-22 15:48, 61magic wrote:
Let not forget this was a core routine that allowed him to win FISM twice...
[/quote]

As far as I can remember. The first time Mr. Ross won FISM, was with an act that consisted of coin and jumbo card manipulation. The second time he won FISM was with and act that included the linking rings and the pocket watch productions.

Levent
Hi Levent,

Its correct. I saw these two acts. They were wonderfull.

magicially yours,

Nedim Guzel
I've sent two emails to Auke van Dokken but no answer, any one else have any contacts?

Thanks

p.s. I do believe Brett Daniels is this routine also.
[quote]
On 2008-06-08 23:41, 61magic wrote:
I've sent two emails to Auke van Dokken but no answer, any one else have any contacts?

Thanks

p.s. I do believe Brett Daniels is this routine also.
[/quote]

I would come to the conclusion that he does not believe you may be serious about purchasing the watches. I only say this because of his price quotes that are different for different people and countries. As, he responded to my request right away, some years back.