(Close Window)
Topic: Review of Psyche dvd by Andrew Gerard wanted
Message: Posted by: strollingmagician (May 16, 2008 12:46AM)
Anyone seen this coin bending dvd yet?
thanks.
Tim Trono posted this a while back.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=255975&forum=111

I have some of Mr.Gerard other effects, Accuracy, Key Accessory. and they are staples in my work, so I can't wait to see this ! just ordered it.

Plus if Tim Trono says its Great, that's good enough for me!

Richard
Any reviews on this ?
RWhit.. please.. post your thoughts.. I am very interested in this and appreciate to read your review... thanks.

- Nicodemus
Well I was just sitting down, recovering from watching psyche.
This is the BEST!

I started to smile, then laughing out loud watching this.... M
My girlfriend thinks I am NUTS. hahahh

5 stars on this one.
You will see why its called psyche when you get it.

Richard
Could someone tell us what is different with this coin bend from others?

I think I have or have seen every coin bend on the market and they are almost all the same.
Check out Jamie D Grant's review on this. Top praise so far.
Here is the link.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=259376&forum=111&0
I have the Quantum Bender 2.o Why do I need this? I already have a miracle in my pocket....
Because there is a lot more to bending than simply applying a force in a secret way...
[quote]
On 2008-05-23 03:13, Al Straker wrote:
Because there is a lot more to bending than simply applying a force in a secret way...
[/quote]

WOW !! wise words from a man that knows the truth about metal bending ! fantastic

Andrew Gerard
[quote]
[/quote]

I don't think lunatik said there wasn't. he asked a simple question and you jump to a conclusion that makes no sense. please give an educated response, thank you.
Hello,

I have watched "psyche". It looks like Mr. Gerard has some really good ideas. As Tim Trono pointed out, the information on the "psyche" DVD could be used in combination with other benders, as well as with the QB2. I agree with Mr. Trono.
I would also like to congratulate Mr. Gerard on a job well done.

In response to my video,
The QB2 video shows just a basic routine. I decided to show the most basic routine, leaving the rest for the DVD. There will be a ton of stuff on the DVD.
Also, I did included the "work" onto the trailer video (unlike other videos). I did not want to be deceptive with those who might be interested in it. I also knew that everyone here would see the "work", as it was intended to show an example of how easy it is to use and operate.

Again, congrats to Mr Gerard on a job well done.
John, Thanks you for your thoughtful words on PSYCHE.

Qb is a fantastic tool.

Andrew Gerard
[quote]
On 2008-05-27 20:23, Branden Darcel wrote:
[quote]
[/quote]

I don't think lunatik said there wasn't. he asked a simple question and you jump to a conclusion that makes no sense. please give an educated response, thank you.
[/quote]

Wow. The ignorant asking the wise to give educated responses. Branden, I would be curious:

1.) What your background is to call Al Straker ignorant, I mean, do you even know who any of these people are?

2.) If you actually read the posts and have any understanding, you will realize that Al Straker's post is more accurate, to the point, and educated than you can understand.

In regards to #2, I will try to dumb it down a bit for you though. A gimmick is not an effect. PERIOD. To say I have a gimmick to bend coins in my pocket is completely meaningless. The contents of your pocket are irrelevant to the strength of your effects. You can carry cards (even a marked, shaved, stacked deck) around and not be able to do a single, good trick, right? Now, even further than that, and getting back to Al's post, metal bending is all about how you present it. New presentation strategies can make one effect into a completely different one.

I'll name a couple of these non-"bending" effects, which I happen to doubt you know anything about, but you can "educate" us if you do.

Lior Manor's Mobile Opener
Patrick Redford's Photo Reading
PK Touches

So, please, "educate" us all.

Lem
Lem,

You apparently need to be educated on how to understand a post. Al Straker made the ignorant comment that "Because there is a lot more to bending than simply applying a force in a secret way..." Did anyone in this thread say there wasn't? I didn't think so. And for your post, you need to read and understand that NO ONE said the gimmick was an effect. DUH!! When I said I had a gimmick in my back pocket, I didn't think I had to fully explain my routine to everyone. I didn't know I was talking to someone with very little comprehension skills and is in need of being "Educated". So....for your "Education" I know how to routine a coin bend very well, thank you. Now that you have been "Educated", I hope you don't jump to anymore needless conclusions. Thank you for your time.
I thought it was a good answer to your question, I don't understand why you think it was an ignorant answer? but hey! it seems you guys are getting hot under the collar over nothin!
I guess I got irritated because it was assumming that I didn't have a routine for my QB2. I'm sure Psyche is an awesome product which would help anyone who does coin bending. But that's not to say that I do not know how to present a coin bend. I think I know where the problem lies......these are mentalists replying to my post. Mentalists usually are more descriptive in their posts compared to most magicians. My post was as bare bones as it gets, while others posted in great detail. Maybe we're both 'educated' now? :)
Does Andrew Gerard teach you the sleights/moves needed to perform this effect? I have no experience with coin magic at all.
Hi, All the details of PSYCHE are taught on the dvd.. this includes every move needed to do the routine.

Glad to hear so many have found that PSYCHE works well for them...its a routine I still use everyday.

all the best,
Andrew Gerard
[quote]
On 2008-05-30 19:47, takeachance wrote:
I thought it was a good answer to your question, I don't understand why you think it was an ignorant answer? but hey! it seems you guys are getting hot under the collar over nothin!
[/quote]

Hey Guys,

Yes, it was a serious answer to lunatik's question, never intended as a negative or 'smart' comment or to create a stir. It is just a quick comment and something I happen to personally believe. Knowing some of Andrew's work I believe this new DVD is more about subtleties than a new way to put a bend into a coin. Thanks to those who understand what I meant.

But hey, who am I to say...

No offence intended to either Lunatik or Brandon. My apologies if it appeared otherwise.

:punkrocker:

As you were...
Al, you are correct as to the focus of the dvd PSYCHE

As fascinated as we are to seek out new methods to secretly bend a coin, I feel many have overlooked the performance aspect of a coin bend.

I was lucky enough to be able to create a unique, direct routine where the spectators will convince themselves what they have seen, really happend.

I could be wrong, but I believe PSYCHE is the only routine where a spectator is LEFT with a signed /bent coin without using any bending tools during performance... To me that is an important point ,as a performer, to be able to make one small move in the beginning of a routine ( which has not even started, to them) and be clean and clear to perform.

To be honest I am suprised nobody thought of this before.

Whatever routine you are doing, PSYCHE or otherwise.... I hope you are performing it, not just secretly bending a coin and displaying it.

all the best, always,
Andrew-Gerard
Alright well I just got my copy of this today.

As always...Andrews work is brilliant. This is gonna be so good for my restaurant work. The subtleties and nuances are what really make this effect big and sell it to the audience. I suggest anyone looking for a powerful bending routine pick this up.

Matthew Mello
I thoroughly enjoyed the various psychological subtleties presented on this DVD. It's thinking that can only come as a result of numerous performances.

I was a little disappointed in the lack of actual real world performance footage. It's always nice to watch a real audience's reactions to the material you're being taught. Aside from that small gripe though, excellent stuff.
Does he go over to pre bend coins with out a coin bending gimmick? I just orderd this and I don't have a coin bender.
[quote]
On 2008-06-04 12:18, fridoliina89 wrote:
Does he go over to pre bend coins with out a coin bending gimmick? I just orderd this and I don't have a coin bender.
[/quote]

He covers it.

Greg
By the way, QB bends the coins for PSYCHE perfectly! that's if you own it already and want to be able to use both together.... otherwise those would be expensive plyers !

best
AG
Psyche is wonderful but I just can't seem to bend the coins the way required no matter how hard I try...my poor hands :(
Try using plyers instead of your hands ! LOL kidding of course..

go through a bunch and I am sure you will get the hang of it.... pre bending is the hardest part? that's good news!

best AG
Psyche is fantastic as all of Andrew Gerards other material.

Its great to get 100 % real world tested routines that really works. You can see that these effects has been trough 100īs of performances to get to where they are.
Its not clear in the ad so I will ask: Do you need other tools than the DVD? Would I be right in saying this is a dvd about presentation NOT bending and as such will need additional tools/ products ?
I don't have this dvd, but if anyone is having concerns about how to pre-bend a coin (meaning prior to performance), there is a method by Paul Harris that will allow you to bend a coin just about anywhere you are using something is accessible just about everywhere. I don't want to tip as it is Paul's idea and I unfortunately cannot remember exactly which book it was in. Maybe one our more well-read posters will know where to find this?
You'd be right, it's more about the presentation. The good news is the only additional thing you need is lying in your junk drawer or toolbox.

I performed this at a gig earlier this month and it KILLED !