(Close Window)
Topic: "Nestor Hato" DVD/Download Review
Hi Guys,

I had ordered this on DVD, but for some reason the order did not go through, so I decided to purchase the download instead.
I am downloading the product now, and will post a full review later on today after viewing it.
Download is a bit on the pricey side $62
Get it at http://www.nestorizer.com
I will be back shortly.

Thanks

Alex
That's a lot of cash for a little splash!
Looking foward to the review!
OK guys,

Im sure not many people have this because the price scared them off, but let me tell you,it is well worth it!
Jean Luc Bertrand does it again!
I didn't get the DVD, since I did not want to wait around for it to arrive in the mail, so I bought the download instead.
I had some problems acquiring the license to play it, but all is well now.

OK now for the REVIEW everyone has been waiting for:

Nestor Hato download is 290 MB, and spans almost an hour's length.
Quality is good, and performances plus explanations are all silent with music.

The first part goes over using the gimmick The Nestorizer and all the applications one could actually use with a deck of cards.
This includes everything from, rising card, card shot out of the deck,card out of the deck as you spread the cards on the table, etc.
This is called Risers and Jumpers in this section.

The next section is the non Nestorizer section which does not use the Nestorizer gimmick.
Here Nestor does everything from 4 Ace productions, to Royal Flushes.
He also does a matrix routine called Hatrix, which is really good, and can be done impromptu on the spot.

There are some favorites of mine on this download which include color changing card, and 4.4.1 which is absolutely fantastic.
Desc: 4 aces are shown and places under the card box, then a card is selected, lets say 5 of spades. Then magician takes the 5 of spades out of the deck, and now in his hands he has the 4 aces, and under the card box is the 5 of spades.
Very STRONG routine.

Also his NTDS......this is his haunted deck routine, in which you cover the cards with a clear bowl, and the cards cut themselves once, then a moment later one card reveals itself!

At the end of the download for those of you that don't want to buy the gimmick, Nestor teaches you how to build the gimmick!

I will start building mine ASAP!

Very very good gimmick!!! IMHO.

OK so lowdown is

Quality of download: 9
Length of video: 9
Effects: 10
Nestorizer gimmick learn how to make: 8
Instruction: 9
Practicality: 9
Worth $62: Yes, if you want something new to add to your arsenal that deals with cards.
Should I purchase the gimmick? Really depends on you! He teaches you how to make it in the download. Some people purchased it for comparison reasons.
Should I purchase download or DVD? Again depends on you! I didn't want to wait.
File size: 290MB for download

All in all this is a great DVD or download whichever you decide to get!
It is worth the asking price of $62 and I am glad I purchased this.
I will definately be practicing the effects on this for quite some time.

Available at http://www.nestorizer.com

IF you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks

Alex
How long does the gimmick last?
The gimmick is not very delicate so it should last a while.There is a part which you just replace when it goes.
I bought the gimmick on it's own and basic instructions would have been nice!
You only receive the gimmick.Guess I may have to buy the dvd but being pig headed I don't think I will.
Just ordered the dvd. I have been waiting on this to release for awhile. I need to get a life lol.

Jeremy Hanrahan
[quote]
On 2008-05-23 13:43, Irishghost wrote:
...I need to get a life lol.
[/quote]

I actually "LOL'd" at that one. I was in the same boat, but I think I'll wait a while to get this.
I am planning to purchase this DVD soon. The effects look superb, I just hope that the gimmick is not I.T.!
The gimmick is not IT ;)
Any more reviews?
Quite honestly the gimmick I find extremely practical and would reccomend to anyone however it is a bit of a pain getting it in/out of deck (getting easier). but the effects are endless and so brilliant. flourishes are amazingly visual and one badly fooled me. coin matrix I love as it is ungimmicked and cool. overall I think I would have paid double for the gimmick and it's effects which are worth it.

just a short review

luke
I'm pretty much sold on this now. The demo video just looks superb and of course the production values are up to the usual Jean-Luc Bertrand standard.

Thanks!
[quote]
On 2008-06-19 19:07, daviaac wrote:
Quite honestly the gimmick I find extremely practical and would reccomend to anyone however it is a bit of a pain getting it in/out of deck (getting easier).

luke
[/quote]

How is this hard to ring in/out? Thanks to its properties, you can easily cut to it and get rid of it in your favorite way.

Best of all, depending on the tricks you do, you might even leave it in the deck when you're not using it!
If I ever have a gaff card in play I prefer to remove it and add it than leave it in the deck especially if a later routine involves audience participation/interaction with the deck. it can be cut to very easily iagree but I normally like to cop it off the bottom of the deck or one hand top palm normal gaffs but this one is slightly more difficult because of the main part of the gaff. If have you have any soloutions to this problem I would love to share ideas on it.

luke

p.s if anyone has any good materials for this please p.m. as I cant find the right materials anywere
I watched a little of this DVD and I must say I really love the thinking behind these effects and flourishes. The gimmick being "new" is not completely true, but the uses for it and all of his effects are great new applications of this old gaff. I absolutely love this DVD!

Adam
[quote]
On 2008-06-20 08:37, daviaac wrote:
If I ever have a gaff card in play I prefer to remove it and add it than leave it in the deck especially if a later routine involves audience participation/interaction with the deck. it can be cut to very easily iagree but I normally like to cop it off the bottom of the deck or one hand top palm normal gaffs but this one is slightly more difficult because of the main part of the gaff. If have you have any soloutions to this problem I would love to share ideas on it.

luke

p.s if anyone has any good materials for this please p.m. as I cant find the right materials anywere
[/quote]

I agree that a full palm, top or bottom, is harder than usual; copping it off shouldn't be a problem, perhaps under the guise of taking something else (card case, marker) from your pocket.
[quote]
On 2008-06-20 05:48, Lord Freddie wrote:
I'm pretty much sold on this now. The demo video just looks superb and of course the production values are up to the usual Jean-Luc Bertrand standard.

Thanks!
[/quote]

Yes the production values of JLB are much above the average. His best work IMO is David Stone's latest video
Another view / review
I purchased the DVD and gimmick, and ended up making up a few more for red / blue / yellow decks (so I'm never without). The Gimmick really does offer very strong visual possibilities. I now use it in one of my own routines, and it's added a new dimension to it. I don't think I'd use it for haunted deck, as the normal method allows instant examination without hazard.
I found the gimmick very easy to make, but by using rubber cement instead of the suggested glue, it allows better card springs.
As far as ringing the gaff in /out, I have found it easier to do a few effects with it in the deck, and then do a rope trick etc which allows an easy deck switch (sorry, no new ideas or solutions!).
The DVD is beatiful to watch, and well worth the money.... but... if you like the longer tricks with a bit of plot, this may not deliver.
Overall, a worthy purchase if only for the inspiration.
PS Checkout Nestor's Stage act on Youtube. Stunning.
I thought the performances looked really good. But, I'm actually sorry I bought this. It's not something I would use.

JMHO,
Robert
I think this is an excellent DVD. The gimmick is simpler than you may think and I made my own one (for a red deck) with ease, though I had trouble getting a decent version of one of the items needed.
The effects which can be produced with such a gimmick are direct and very visual and leave a good impression with spectators.
[quote]
On 2008-06-20 08:37, daviaac wrote:

[/quote]

Luke,

Notice that when loaded the gimmick will injog when holding the indifferent card in place. From there it might be easier to cop out or tenkai etc. If seated there's a way that might come to mind intuitively based on this.

Drew
[quote]
On 2008-06-29 15:20, baskitboy5 wrote:
I watched a little of this DVD and I must say I really love the thinking behind these effects and flourishes. The gimmick being "new" is not completely true, but the uses for it and all of his effects are great new applications of this old gaff. I absolutely love this DVD!

Adam
[/quote]

I'm curious why you say the gimmick isn't exactly new? I've never seen anything like it before.

Thanks.
This looks awesome!!
Don
[quote]
On 2008-07-03 16:24, fooksau wrote:
[quote]
On 2008-06-29 15:20, baskitboy5 wrote:

Adam
[/quote]

I'm curious why you say the gimmick isn't exactly new? I've never seen anything like it before.

Thanks.
[/quote]

There is a similar gimmick in good old Tarbell. Not as many uses as the Nestoriser as it was only used for a rising card effect, but the principle is the same.
It's what Nestor does with the gimmick that opens up so many possibilities.
Is the first effect on the demo taught? I'm referring to when he "shoots" the card with his finger and produces smoke and a spark like a gun.
The card coming from the deck is but not the shooting like a gun part

luke
Hmmmm

I have this and apart from the fact that this gimmick has been invented by lots of other pepole including mark elsdon it is a good DVD and there is new work on using it.

Dean
Another couple of questions,

Is "Touch" taught on this DVD? I found the performance here..
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=-6KrfP6MrA4&feature=user

And about the shooting of the gun, does anyone know what gimmick that is?
[quote]
[/quote]
might be nicolas' lepage's "flash gun"?
Yes touch is taught on the dvd

luke
Thanks guys for the responses. I was thinking that Touch would be great to use before doing Panic from Theory11. (obviously using the four kings)
Dave Solomon has a version in "Solomon's Mind" called 'Double Suprise Rising Card' - he credits Elmsley for popularizing it. In Collected Works of Alex Elmsley Vol II, Elmsley claims credit for the rise from a fanned deck. He credits Tarbell for "Cardini's Rising Cards" but also suggests that it is fundamentally the 'Jumping Jack' card gimmick "commonly sold to the public by street and carnival pitchmen since the 1920's". David Britland also had a similar gimmick in the early eighties called "Angel Card Rise".

So the 'Nestorizer' isn't really the 'Nestorizer' - however, some of the applications on the DVD are absolutely superb. 'Touch' is extremely good and I also like the colour changing card routine too. If you're not averse to a gimmick in the deck then the DVD has some lovely routines using the one gimmick - and they're not all similar - the same gimmick could be used for a sequence of several routines (assuming you can set up for the sequence) and each routine could use the gimmick but each would be a clearly different effect.

I like it.

Jamie.
Can you get this in the USA?

Or, only from his site?

Is it in English?

thanks
Hank Lee has it.
And performances and explanations are mute,not one word,zip.(like on David Stone DVDs)
Is the gimmick a pain to make or is it pretty simple? Another question is if the materials are readily available at a Walmart or similar stores.

This looks pretty nice
Thanks for the review,
I think I'm gonna buy this stuff.....
The gimmick is not hard to make! Yes most of the supplies should be available at walmart or a craft store. This is one of my fav dvds and really the possibilities are endless with the gimmick....I love it! I feel that it is very clever idea!
[quote]
On 2008-11-06 17:38, magicfreak_NV wrote:
Can you get this in the USA?

Or, only from his site?

Is it in English?

thanks
[/quote]

You can get it from Penguin, MJM, and I belive Madhatter has it as well.

Just about anywhere.

The DVD is pretty much mute as was said before. No problems understanding anything.
I purchased this from another Café member. While the DVD is nicely produced and the effects are cool, I was disappointed to find that this is simply David Britland's (sp?) Angel Card Rise in a different format. The "Nestorizer" gimmick is identical to the Angel Card Rise gimmick, which was released YEARS ago, and I believe still on the market for around $10. Similar to the Elmsley stuff and earlier references mentioned by Jamie above.
[quote]
On 2008-08-28 17:55, bryanlonden wrote:

[/quote]

Anyone have any idea about where I can be pointed in the right direction for information about the gimmick used?
Congratulations to Nestor Hato for 2nd place in Manipulation at FISM Korea, 2018!
Anybody knows where I can still purchase this product??
Where can you Purchase just the gimmick?
[quote]On Oct 3, 2019, Neznarf wrote:
Where can you Purchase just the gimmick? [/quote]

Yes.... would be awesome 😁