(Close Window)
Topic: 3 No Evil Leather 'Dispatch' Envelopes
Big news on the Blog http://TigersPoint.com for those who have been waiting for theirs.

Those who bought a Leather Envelope for the trick and haven't recieved theirs yet will be mailed one tomorrow and as a thankyou for waiting, I'll load a fresh set of 3 No Evil cards in each one. Use as back up or age them. (Not for resale please.)

See the Blog.

Those who haven't ordered an LE yet please keep up with the Daily blog for info. Soon as I get some in stock, they will FLY out the door. (trust me on that.) so IF you would like one PLEASE eMail me (no PMs) your intention. Not a BUY just intention so I can let you know when they are in, in a week or so.

You will LOVE these buggers! These are more INDY than ever.
Excellent news Doug!

I reprinted the cards on photo paper and aged them, and then wrote out the text in fountain pen...I combine them with a 'Figa', which is a Brazilian good luck charm with nice esoteric roots...the whole kit goes into a wooden box with other artefacts (psychic chess pieces and, of course, Luna)...

Look forward to seeing the envelope and many thanks for the heads up!
Great news Doug.
Just sent you an e-mail to be in the waiting list.
This is a great trick..i have the post card version
Just received my Higley Expedition "Dispatch" Envelope and absolutely love it.

So period perfect to protect the "3 No Evil" photographic evidence.
WOW, I got my shrunken head this week, it is wonderful. Such detail, even the little ears are perfect. Doug is a true artist!

Thank you Doug!
Tony
Tony, I am SOOooo jealous. I have two Zibits, assorted fingers, ears and toes. AND the leather envelope version of 3 No Evil. Doug's stuff is the best! In time, these will be very expensive collector's pieces! Of course, by THEN, I'll be a shrunken head, too.
brane
Basically, we're just waiting for Doug to die. As he pointed out in another thread, once he's gone they'll be considered 'folk art' and will start showing up on Antiques Roadshow for a bundle of money. :)
Upeth yourth.
Don't kill him off yet - as soon as I get my heads and envelope I'm ordering a mer!

Destiny
Got home late last night to find the great pleasure of making the aquaintance of Uncle (on my mother's side) Robert Templeton-Higley. Well, the aquaintance of his shrunken head anyway! And what a character he must'a been. Hats off to the Jivaro people and especially apparently to the chief tribesman headshrinker named "Doug" - the shrinking process was truly beautifully done. Doug's skill and artistry has wonderfully captured what I understand to be the essense of the man in all his glory, as Tony says above right down to consideration of Uncle's ears! His hair's a little longer than Gran had led me to expect - suprising how much it must'a continued to grow even after he'd been thrown in the pot.

Fantastic work! Cheers Doug!!

One thought though. Much as I love Paul's routine, I feel it would be somewhat unbecoming to keep a shrunken head of Uncle Bob's stature in a brown paper bag. Building a "time capsule" around this effect would be fun too, so can any of you good people out there point me in the direction of a small'ish box/chest (to construct or buy) that may be suitable for holding the props and then the heads suprise production at the end?

Many thanks and a great big thanks again to Doug.

:)
I sense a large Lippencot(sp) box about to be created!
I find that my local Michael's crafts store has a great number of shapes and sizes of boxes done in a nice soft basswood. Easy to stain, paint, modify as needed.
Kay
Many thanks Kay.

Your sixth sense is indeed in fine form - I certainly will be looking into this type with a view to creating one suitable.

:)
Doug, are the leather envelopes still available? I don't see them on your web site?
Long gone. Maybe this summer.
I got excited when I saw the post until I looked at the date!
I know. I got all excited thinking I would get a second chance at these things. Shucks!

Here's hoping for summer!
I'll contact the person who made them for me. :)
*clink ..........clink clink*

Whats that??

Oh, don't mind that... that's the sound of my piggy eating my pennies! :)