(Close Window)
Topic: Custom Made Puppets
We now offer custom made puppets at very reasonable rates.

Figures vary from $200 (minor changes and variations on the designs we already have)to $300 (totally different designs from the ones we already have) or more (depending on the designs you have)

Thanks

Wanlu
puppets@wanlu.net
This is an incredible offer!!! Any true professional with a career path must take a look for sure!!! I'm glad I did! I can't wait for everyone to see what we came up with for my new Original (and main) character! Woo Hoo Wanlu!
Thanks Doug :)

It's an offer to the international vent community...from your friends in Manila, Philippines.

Don't limit your imagination...go out of the box...think of something, we will make it for you.

Rates vary from $200 minimum...to $300, $400 tops unless the figure design is so intricate.

Wanlu - I wish you success with this. It is truly a case of performer looking for solutions and offering them to peers. Keep up the great work!
Thanks Tom :) Would like a duckling to go with your Dangerous Duck :) or maybe a Mrs Dangerous Duck :)
I still like my 'other' idea for a really weird puppet interlude...A Jivaro Shrunken Head. Of course the lips are 'sewn' shut so all it can do is mummble as if gagged. Of course NO vents lips will move using this puppet! haha. This would be a good Dunham followup quickie for his Red Pepper. :) A little cruel but hey, for an adult crowd it could fly.
Right now I'm working on refining some things with my current cast for a taping - and I still bought one of your aliens to play with! Believe me Wanlu, when I need a custom character, I will be in touch.
Wanlu, I am hoping to get round to doing that video this week and I will get it off to you as soon as I can, my friend.

regards,

Dave
Wanlu, I am so impressed with your work.

I do hope to own one of your creations!
Thanks guys...:)

I hope you understand that we are still introducing our work to the world thus the introductory price :) I hope you all take advantage of it :) :) :)

Dave, I'll wait for your design...I'm so excited about your project :)

Eddie...let me know when to start making one for you :)

and Tom, your wife will kill you if get a new puppet ha ha ha, you already got a lot from me...but I certainly won't mind if you want more. :)

Thanks again everyone!!! :)
[quote]
On 2008-06-02 21:43, Wanlu wrote:
Thanks guys...:)

I hope you understand that we are still introducing our work to the world thus the introductory price :) I hope you all take advantage of it :) :) :)

[/quote]

Even at full price I'm sure they will still be a bargin.
I would have to come up with something outside the box for sure but what....

Hmmmmmm......

By the way - any restrictions on your puppets?
[quote]
On 2008-06-02 23:35, Neale Bacon wrote:

...any restrictions on your puppets?
[/quote]

YES! we are quite strict with this policy. We only sell to those who will actually use our puppets :)

Use it any way you want...if you give us credit for making the figures, we will jump for joy like crazy but it's something we won't insist. :)
Our temporary site...

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/
Wanlu,

You should set up a backdrop for taking photos. It will make the pics look more professional. Doesn't have to be fancy, you could even tack a large piece of fabric over a door. A clean background will do wonders to make the puppets stand out. I realize that is hard to do since you sell these things faster than you can make them!

Nice start on the site.
Hi Tom,

The site is just temporary til we finish the photo shoot :)

You will love the pictures :)

Thanks

Wanlu
I hope you don't take offence that when somebody asks me who made my Puppet I say Wanlu rather than Kadoopsy. :)
Ha ha ha...I'll use "Wanlu's Puppets" in the actual website.
OFF TOPIC:

We did a TV thing last night...this will be aired in Manila on June 25 :)

Pardon the language barrier...this was taken by my son Kim via handycam :)

http://wanlu99.multiply.com/video/item/39/The_Sweet_Life-_Puppet_Episode_preview
Congrats Wanlu - very entertaining even with the language barrier! You looked really relaxed and comfortable on camera too.
Thanks Tom :)

The sound in the studio was very weak, the monitor was far from the stage and I can hardly hear myself :)

I hope the TV version is clear :)
No...the Professor puppet in my avatar is not the new Original from Wanlu. BUT the Professor is getting ready to go one on one with THAT puppet once it arrives...being a Paleontologist, the old professor is getting excited! Either that, or it's my hand in his head.

D
Hello Wanlu, glad you liked the video of my existing puppet and can't wait to get my hands on the new version you are making for me, at what is a most reasonable cost.

regards,

Dave
Thanks Doug and Dave :)

Hey Doug, tell the Professor to get ready...his partner will be ready soon.
Must be difficult working around all that ICE! Don't get frost bite!
No Doug...we are nowhere near the ice ;)

He will be ready soon...maybe by Friday next week.

We have two custom works... :)
I'm in no rush at all. :)
Off Topic:

Some nice photos of Ventrillusion in action...

http://iniirog.multiply.com/photos/album/21
Wanlu, curious if custom puppets become the sole rights of the purchaser?
Well, Wanlu has finished mine. Can't wait to get it, but will post a photo. Tod, the answer is 'yes'. I only know, because mine is custom made.
Wanlu is very accommodating and will help as much as he can. Forst rate.

Dave
Wanlu,

Don't forget my custom orangutan.

Oliver

PS I love the duck.
Yup...custom made puppets and designs provided by the clients remain properties of the clients. We won't resell the same puppet to anyone.

Dave, your duck is on the way :)

Oliver...totally forgotten about the orangutan...I'll work on it now. Please email the design :)

puppets@wanlu.net

Wanlu
My only warning is we make it the way you want it :) Sometimes we want to add something or revise a feature but we can't because we work on your specs...

Watch out for our new product :) a 5 puppet set :) Really cool!!! but we don't know what to charge for this yet...a set is consisted of 5 puppets :)
Wanlu, thank you for the follow up.

1) What do you think is the average turn-around time for custom puppets?
2) Can you briefly describe the creation process for us? Ie., receive picture/drawing/description from customer, have your team sew the first draft, send picture to the customer for feedback, finish up the puppet based on feedback..., etc?

Thank you,
Tod
Hi Tod,

Im afraid we don't have artists who can draw or something like that...we usually take sample photos from the client and we work on that.

Dave showed us a video and pictures of what he wanted. Showed him pictures of finished product and he approved for shipping. :)

Doug gave us free hand on making something for him...no specific design...showed him the finished product and he asked us to make some revisions and we did...the problem however was we had to remake the puppet all over again :)

Because of this, we can't accept orders without specs anymore...we will require a drawing or pictures of a sample puppet. It will simply make the process easier for all of us.

It takes 2-3 weeks to make a custom puppet :)
Salamat, Wanlu.
Walang Ano Man Tod :) (You are welcome)
My duck has arrived and I must say it is just great.

I was worried, having worked with my present model for about 12 years, that I would be afraid to make the change. Not at all, it's going straight into to my show tomorrow for a 10 year old's birthday party.

The face on my existing duck is different to Wanlu's and I did ask that it be the same .. it is !! I can hardly tell the difference. I can't thank Wanlu and his 'team' enough. A brand, spanking new and excellent puppet at an affordable price.

As soon as I can, I will upload a photo.

Cheers, Wanlu, you are a hero.

Dave
Thanks much Dave :bigsmile:
"Doug gave us free hand on making something for him...no specific design...showed him the finished product and he asked us to make some revisions and we did...the problem however was we had to remake the puppet all over again."

Clarification:

The "revisions" were for parameters that I had specified at the beginning of the process. This somehow did not get communicated forward to the actual puppet maker...so it wasn't like I was a poop...I had asked for certain things that were not done..this omission caused the puppet to not be usable and Wanlu agreed that the design as finished did not work. I don't want to describe it further...except to say I had asked for a couple of key elements to be small and short and they were made LARGE and long. :) Wanlu to his credit immediately went about making it right (I've not yet seen the finished product) though I thought all that had to be done was to shorten and restitch the elements but Wanlu said it should be redone from scratch. So be it. (or Sew be it.) :)

The process for an exclusive SHOULD contain specs and they should be followed but also allow for back and forth communication. Wanlu should be able to come up with ideas and clear them with the buyer.
Thanks Doug... :)

To be honest with you...I totally missed the part when you described the size of that specific part of your puppet. When I reviewed our long PM thread, I realized you did specify the size :)

Anyway...we are working on it and almost done :)
Size matters!
:)
Doug, I have a feeling that you will not be disappointed.

regards,

Dave
Thanks Dave :bigsmile:

and yes Doug...size matters. :) that part of your puppet is important to make a lot of gals and guys happy ;)
Good grief.
[quote]
On 2008-07-08 09:29, Wanlu wrote:

and yes Doug...size matters. :) that part of your puppet is important to make a lot of gals and guys happy ;)
[/quote]

We are talking about a part of the face of Doug's puppet...what were you thinking? :)
Hi Wanlu,

You know what I'd enjoy seeing? Perhaps others, too.

Some pics of your wonderful design team on your site:

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/

Photos of them actually making your soft figures.

A behind-the-scenes kinda thing :)

Best,
Tod
]
Hey that would be nice...I'll do that soon :)

You won't believe it but its just a husband and wife tandem making our puppets...Diego and Sally, the best in Manila :)

Thanks Tod :)
I want a customized puppet, can email me soon?
Hi Joseph,

I sent you an Email...let me know when we can start with your puppet :)
Please check out our custom made Comical Pelican for a Magic Café friend...

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/14/Comical_Pelican

Wanlu
Custom made Florida pelican with Mr Bean?

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/14/Comical_Pelican#5
Mr Bean, don't eat my pelican !

Wanlu, that picture is too funny !

I cannot WAIT for my dear birdie friend to arrive. The anticipation is killing me ! No wait, that is just the nasty meds I have been on for a week. Nothing like when an aspiring vent gets strep throat, eh ? Seriously, I will post some photos as soon as the pelican wings his way to south Florida. He is joining an aviary of winged puppets as part of a bird theme magic show for the very young....

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Thanks Mark...he is on his way and will be with you sooner than you think :)

Thanks for the order...we had fun making it. :)

Get well soon buddy... :)
Hey Gang,

We just got an inquiry from Kevin Johnson :)

How cool is that? :)

Will let you know what puppet he wants :)
It's official :)

We are making a Custom Exclusive Puppet for Kevin Johnson :)
I met Kevin at the Magic Castle a couple of years ago. Great guy with incredible talent. I'm sure he'll be great to work with....

Ken
Well, I may have to wait for a few extra days to get my custom Wanlu pelican !

We are now square in the cross hairs of Fay, the next hurricane for 2008. Puppets and magic props are being stored up high , in anticipation of full moon high tides that will occur just as the storm reaches us (about 2:00am Tuesday morning). We have rode these out before (11 days with no electricity last time), so hopefully, this one will not be too bad.

My biggest bummer is that the mail will stop for a couple days, hence my pelican's arrival will be delayed. He is a seabird, so I am sure he will have the sense to come in out of the rain !

Sigh.....

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Take care Mark...keep it safe.

Aside from Kevin Johnson's Custom Exclusive old man puppet...we are also making a custom puppet for another friend here in the Magic Café...Bart :)
Just ordered my first puppet from Wanlu today!

Look forward to receiving it and using it in my Zoo Class on the weekends!
Thanks BScott8870 :)

We appreciate the trust and confidence :)
We shipped out today a Custom Exclusive Puppet for Kevin Johnson...joining Clyde and Matilda :)

It was a great privilege making one for a very friendly, amiable and needless to say, very talented ventriloquist, Mr Kevin Johnson.

Wanlu
Check this out.

We made Kevin Johnson a couple of "one of a kind" puppets to choose from...he chose one and this one is left available for sale. The one he chose is a Custom Exclusive Puppet meaning we won't make a duplicate availabe for sale.

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/5#3
http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/5#4

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=271551&forum=80&0

Wanlu
So, did he buy the one with the mouth open or the one with the mouth closed?

Hi Doug :)

Both the pictures above show only one puppet...that's the one available for sale :)

Im posting a new set of links below :)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/5/Custom_Made_Gramps#3
http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/5/Custom_Made_Gramps#4

I can't post pictures of Kevin's puppet yet...I requested for pictures from Kevin and he said he will send some pictures of the old man with him, Clyde and Matilda :)

Thanks Doug :)
Mark Pettey in Florida with his Custom Made Pelican

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8/Custom_Made_Puppets#24
Well, well, well, Wanlu!

I guess you can now add a new blurb to your website and biz cards.

"Puppeteer to the Stars" or "Custom Puppeteer to the Stars" :)

Congrats,
Tod
Thanks Tod :)

but not quite yet...maybe if you buy from me, then I'll add that blurb :)
Hi Tod,

You spoke like an angel :)

We got an order from Darren Carr in Australia...an old man and an old lady :)

Please tell me I will soon get an order from Jeff Dunham and Terry Fator :)

Thanks

Wanlu
I received my Custom made Rhino puppet today! Wanlu did a GREAT job. I will be using this in Bible class on Sunday and at the Zoo in the weeks to come.

Wanlu makes a GREAT puppet at a very reasonable price. I will be using him to make two more characters for my Sunday School classes very soon.
Thank you very much BScott8870 :)

I'm glad our puppets will help spread the word of God and help educate and entertain children visiting the Zoo.

That is way beyond COOL!!! :bigsmile:

Please don't forget to send us pictures... :)

Sincerely grateful,

Wanlu
A rhino ! Wanlu, you are really getting eclectic. I can't wait to see what that one looks like.

You will be pleased to know that your pelican was an absolute SMASH today at two shows for a group that ranged in age from 4 to 84. On the first show, when I brought him out from backstage, the audience started to laugh, and I hadn't done anything with him yet ! He is that funny to look at. By the time the routine was done, Dale the Pelican had made hundreds of new fans and friends.

Wanlu, you and your team are amazing....

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Mark, it was your idea and you make the puppet come to life with your manipulation and the character that you have given him...you are the man Mark

But it was really a pleasure and an honor for us to be given the chance to be a part of your great act.

Thanks again and...

...let me know when to send you a back up pelican :bigsmile: big discount on the 2nd pelican :bigsmile:

Wanlu
Let's see the new Rhino!
There are two pictures on Wanlu's website under photos of custom puppets.

This is one cool rhino...

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Thanks Mark :)
Ah yes, I see it now. Forgot to look in that spot. Btw, nice jackets!
We just got another order...a Werewolf :)

We are finishing a few stuff including our version of a comical monkey...then we start working on the werewolf next week.

We know eactly what to do but you guys always have great ideas... right Tod ;)

So any suggestions? :)

Wanlu
Wanlu, you should add prices to the photos, that way its easy for pple to but from ya...
Thanks Kyle...I appreciate the suggestion.

There is a pricelist...

...you just have to look for it :)

Most people with serious intentions to buy know exactly how much the puppets are :)

Besides...I'm just an email away...or a PM :)
I love the Rhino! What a great looking character!
Please check out our monkey...inspired by the VentHaven mascot, Jacko :)

This is a picture of the head...the body is almost done.

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8#27

Thanks

Wanlu
Looks great!!!
Thanks Slydini :)
Was "clumsy gramps" a custom made? I like the nicer old man look than the grumpy.
Not really Neale...but we made only one piece so he falls under the category :)
Holy smokes ! That monkey is awesome....

Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
Thanks Mark :bigsmile:

He will be on his way to a vent in New York by Monday :) Yup, soon to be a New York monkey :)
Hey guys,

Check out our monkey :)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8#29

$299 plus shipping :)
Wanlu,
He looks great. If I didn't already have more puppets than I use, I would jump on that. Loads of personality. Congrats!

Oh by the way...did my items arrive already? :)

Wanlu
Check out our monkey :)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8#29
Wanlu,
I think it's your BEST yet!!!
Thanks Donald :)
Wow! What a character!
Thanks Neale :)

I'll send one as a raffle prize to the next VentHaven ConVention :)
Ditto on Creativemac's comment!

P.S. I can't see it's underside, but this looks to be an ape rather than a monkey puppet. Monkey's have tails, apes do not :)
[quote]
On 2008-09-22 10:20, Wanlu wrote:

Oh by the way...did my items arrive already? :)

Wanlu
[/quote]

Wanlu,
I'll run home real quick and check... oh wait, wrong country. :)

Haven't heard anything, but it is still early Monday and you had said they may get there today. I'm sure my family will let me know - and when I hear, you will.
The new figure looks great. I've got to have one.
Yes Tod...it's a monkey with a tail :)

and yes Oliver you will have one... :)
Got my puppets from Wanlu.
Two words: AMAZING QUALITY

Unique, full of character, endearing and great quality. Wanlu's a first-class puppet builder and a true asset to our performance community!
Chris
Thanks Chris :bigsmile:

Pictures please :)
..I cant' get the duck to stop moving!!!!
(ok, ok! I'll do what I can tomorrow. It's been a very busy booking season so far! I feel very blessed, and at the same time it's pushed back a few things we need to do..like photos for you! I'll email them to you directly..)
chris
Wanlu,

LOVE the monkey. Sending you a deposit NOW for my next pair of puppets to use in Bible class!

Bart
Thanks Bart :)
Check out our werewolf :)

Custom made for Mr Paul Bradpiece (MN, USA)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8/Custom_Made_Puppets#31
Hi gang,

Please check out the Old Man puppet we made for Kevin Johnson :)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8/Custom_Made_Puppets#33

Wanlu
His name is HARLEY :)
Great stuff Wanlu...

Is Kevin still in Southern Ca., or has he moved on?

Ken
Hi Ken,

I sent his puppet to Stanton CA :)

Wanlu
The werewolf look absolutely awesome!!!!!!
Congrats on Kevin's Puppet Wanlu. Apparently the big guys are out there lurking! How did he find you?
I think it's via Facebook :)

Thanks Tom :) and thanks for helping me out with my new toys :)
We also shipped out an old man and old lady puppets to Darren Carr in Australia :)
Our new Custom made Cat...

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8#36
Wanlu,

I received Jocko (now Charlie D). He looks great.

Oliver
Thanks Oliver :)

Can I ask for some pictures please...

The one you sent out is not yet here...hopefully it will be here anytime this week.

Wanlu
Wanlu, just saw the Kevin Johnson shot for the first time this morning.

What a feather in your cap !

Good on ya !

Mark
Thanks Mark... :)
Wanlu, let me ask you a question.

Has your Johnson and Harley picture been framed and put somewhere in the house yet :)

Like Mark said, great cap feather!

Btw, is that a Houdini lamp under the first pic of Simon the Cat?

I can only see it's hair, but it looks like Eric Weiss's 1920' style.

Best,
Tod
Hi Tod,

The Kevin Johnson picture with Harley, Clyde and Matilda is now posted in Facebook and Multiply :)

The lamp is just a simple lamp :) The head is Groucho...at the other side of the bed is the same lamp with a McCarthy head...just JURO dolls I got from Ebay :)

Im looking for a Mortimer or Mahoney or O'Day head...to replace the Groucho head :) With the rates the Juros are going in Ebay, I might settle for a Mortimer :)

Wanlu
Wanlu,
I got the Monkey and Were Wolf today. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!
The are the best. Thank you so much. I'm going to be using them in my Halloween show!
Thanks Slydini :)

I'm glad you like them :)

Please send me some pictures of you holding them...or maybe some from your shows :)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8/Custom_Made_Puppets#31

Wanlu
I hope to send you some from the show.
If you do something like the werewolf that a one of a kind puppet does that mean one of that style? or can you still do something like it say a werewolf with differentiate colors, different eyes etc?
Yes..we can make an entirely different werewolf.

Different eyes...color...and specially different face. Nowhere close to Slydini's werewolf. :)

Wanlu
Introducing from the red corner...the former champion of the world... :)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8#37
Wanlu,
That is fantastic!
Thanks Slydini...

This boxer puppet was requested by a vent friend from New Jersey, Mr Scott Capriglione...a very kind man and so generous too. :)

He also got a monkey, a baby, and two of our vent masks :)

plus he also bought my Selberg Rupert :)

Does he love puppets or does he love puppets? :bigsmile:
INcredible as always, Wanlu ! Does this huge sale mean you can now afford to keep that certain figure that cost you an arm and a leg ?

Mark
No my friend Mark...

I buy and sell stuff...so the Mack is still for sale in case you want it :)

As for the stuff bought by Scott, the puppets and the Selberg, it was not a one time big sale...:) it was in a period of a few months :)

Check the Mack out...his first TV appearance under my manipulation :)

http://www.wanlu.net/mackuntv.JPG

http://www.wanlu.net/mackuntv2.JPG

Our Monkey and Custom Exclusive Werewolf :)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8/Custom_Made_Puppets#41

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8/Custom_Made_Puppets#42
I can not recomend Wanlu's creations enough! The kids loved them, they are a joy to use and the customer service was fantastic!
I am expecting my 2nd order of puppets from Wanlu next week. I have already seen pictures. They are fantastic and will capture the minds and spirit of my kids in Bible School class. Wanlu makes puppets to your exact specifications at an affordable price. Thanks again WANLU!
Thanks for all the support we got from everyone :) Vents and puppet lovers worldwide... :)

http://wanlu.net/wanlumackoyhappyholidays.bmp
Hi,

Please check out our new designs for 2009...I'll post more pictures tonight.

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/19/New_designs_for_2009

Thanks

Wanlu
Introducing Lu Bin Eat :)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/19/New_designs_for_2009#9

and The Dude :)

http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/19/New_designs_for_2009#1
The Dude is curently out of stock...including any other African American designs.
We had a good number of orders for the Boxer and the Dude including some custom made African American gramps and we used all the stocks that we have...

The cloth will hopefully be shipped to us anytime mid March or April.

Wanlu
Willie Brown's Gramps...
http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/5/Custom_Made_Gramps#8

and

Julian Franklin's Rabbit...
http://kadoopsypuppets.multiply.com/photos/album/8/Custom_Made_Puppets#48
Great job on the Brown puppet.

If fact, lot of ggod things coming to the US from a far away land.
Thanks Donald :)

Julian's rabbit is exactly how he wants it based on his own sketches :) We are extremely proud of both the rabbit and the old man :)