(Close Window)
Topic: Dice/Chop cup
Hey, do you guys know if such a combo exists? It sounds like something that would be cool. If it doesn't exist anyone know how I can get one made?

A dice stacking cup that doubles as a chop cup and then you could have magnetic dice.
I don't believe I've heard of one, you'd have to just get a chop cup and have the dice made up, mind you a die will tend to 'talk' in a chop cup.
Anyway good luck with your search.

Cheers

Billy
I think Mike Rogers has a dice cup that is also a chop cup. It is made of leather. As he is no longer with us, I'm not too sure where to find it. You might want to check with Stevens Emporium.
Hey, thanks for the info Bernard. I think that's why I was thinking of this combo, as I probably read something about the Roger's cup. It sounds like a great idea by Mike Rogers.
Tannen made a leather cup in the 70's - actually modified a beautiful Italian leather cup with two dice embossed on the leather in gold - deep burgundy leather - that was a chop cup and could be used for stacking - it is the one I use all the time. I've had it for 25 years and it still looks like new!

Best, PSC
That sounds great Mr. Chosse... I'll look up Tannens website.
Madblood Creations released a dice/chop cup combo in the 80's. It was sold a lot at Disney World resorts when the magic shop craze there was dice stacking. In face, they actually had dice made to fit the cup perfectly.
I once did a dice chop cup that was magnetic without a magnet.
Just take any dice cup and finger palm a smal magnet. I used a set of loaded dice where the load was magnetic so I didn't have to do anything to it I'm not sure every set workes this way. Now you can do a clean chop cup routine with out having a chop cup.
You can use this principle with other cups as well. Try a stayrofoam cup and a bottle cap it works great.

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Get a leather dice cup and a couple of circular pieces of leather that will fit in the bottom of it. Then get a nice neodymium disc magnet, cut a hole to fit it in one piece of leather. Glue this piece of leather inside the cup and glue the neo magnet in place. Now glue the other piece of leather on top of it. Now you have exactly what you were looking for.
I have a Mike Rogers dice/chop cup and also the leather one Chosse talks about. The latter were made in Italy and Unique studio, in London, years ago sold them. But, you can make your own easily.