(Close Window)
Topic: tall card castle
I am looking for a store which sells tall card castles. Specifically, I want a castle similar to the one Peter Marvey used in World's Greatest Magic. Something taller than 2 feet would be nice. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thank you.
As for Peter Marvey,

I believe that the idea that he used is custom made.

His card castle is far larger than those sold on the market right now.

Symmatrix :firedevil:
It's true, the tall castle is custom made. You can get shorter castles from any magic dealer. I use one at the end of my card routine, and it always gets a positive response.
Buy a small one and use it as a blue print. After you learn the workings of the small one it is very easy to make a larger one. The only problem is it can be very expensive.

Lee
charlatan,

Peter Marvey's effects are patented.
This is your opportunity to create your own.:)
Well said, Randy.

Symmatrix :firedevil:
I am not necessarily looking exactly for Peter Marvey's card castle. I just want something taller than two feet.
Owen's Magic Supreme can make you one that's about 5 feet tall. It's in their catalog.

Steven
I have never tried to make a card castle, but surely it can't be hard. Even if you have to buy a couple of hundred playing cards, it's only the price of a couple of packet tricks.
Build your own!
Buy some really cheap decks, use some tape, have a base and away you go-- the rest is easy!

Tom :banana:
I just found one on ebay that is over 4 feet tall with all JUMBO bicycle cards. Over 100 cards go into this thing, it's awesome. Keep an eye on ebay for them, they pop up once in a while.

Keith :bluebikes:
I always thought the card castle productions looked cheezy. Its painfully obvious to anyone watching that A). its not free standing and B) its springloaded.
They've never looked convincing to me either. When I saw Marvey finish his act with it, you could see the cards dangling around after he whipped away the cloth. The audience will clap, because the suprise appearance of a card castle is a pleasant sight, but I highly doubt they're fooled by it.
I think we get caught up in everything being "magical". Sometimes it's nice just to catch people off guard with a surprise finish. I don't think a card castle is a "how'd he do that" type of prop. It still can be very entertaining, which is what we are doing right?

Keith