(Close Window)
Topic: My Best Friend Passed...Heartbroken
Hey All,

At 1209 am on June 25, 2008, my best friend Misty passed away. She was 13 years old and the best dog anyone could ask for. In case you try to call me or email me and I don't respond, I'm not ignoring you, I just need time to be alone for a bit and deal with this loss. She passed away in my arms, lying on the couch in her favorite spot, with two very dear people close by her also. Anyone who knows me at all will know the impact of this event. I thank you for the your kind thoughts and ask for your understanding during this time.

Tony

If this is in the wrong spot I apologize, but most of my friends on here hang in here...
Tony, my thoughts are with you. Losing a pet is like losing a member of the family.
Tony,

My thoughts are with you also.

My family's 13 year old dog "Daisy" passed away Sunday a week ago. Leesa, my wife, and I both had a hard time dealing with it.

We share you feelings.
I am so sorry for your loss! My dog Nikkidemus has been with me and my family for going on 16 years. We rescued him from an animal shelter. I know how I would feel if he passed.

Trey
Sorry, I know what it is like to lose a family member.
I am really sorry for your lost.
Sorry to hear about your loss. I have a Yorkie Terrier that I am very attached to. I could not imagine life without my dog Samson.
Sorry to hear about your loss, I know how it feels.

Junior
Thank you all so much. I am still in shock but am slowly realizing my friend has gone on and we will meet again. Slowly and with time I hope to attain some sort of peace and hopefully the happy memories will allow me to smile again. Again, Thank you!
Tony
Sorry to hear this Tony. I have lost several dogs in the past and it is very painful. The last was a Sheltie named Barklee. After a few years we bought a Pomeranian, and we love him very much.

Regan
Tony, while some people might find it silly to grieve over the death of a dog, I know how close you and your best best friend, Misty were and how much her passing must have sadden you. Over the weeks, pets can become members of our families, our friends and our confidantes. It was clear that you adored her and that the feeling was mutual. I know that you will miss her very much. At least she is resting in peace for now on. God Bless.
Thank you all so much. I can only hope that time will allow for peace and the happy memories of my best friend will allow me to smile again. I did all I could for her and I believe she knows that. Again, thank you all.

Tony
2 years and I still miss my dog,
They are our friends and their passing is devestating.